TJ09

2014-09-20 - September Release

I ignored a brine for a garnet in the coast...come to think of it, I'm glad the brine diverted people's attention, otherwise I might not have been able to catch a garnet.

Got one from the alpine now. (That is the one I wanted most.)

Become unlocked in 3 or so hours from now....

Plenty in the Volcano but the others I'm only seeing one or two per hour. Hope they'll stick around at a relative abundance, need sleep, already 4 hours past bed time trying to catch these.

Presumably the apparent bias in biome types is user made rather than actual coding...

Edited by Ashywolf

I waited tell today to go for mine, I got 2 of each!

Thank you for the new lovelies, The hatchies are adorable, can not wait to see them as adults!

Found a couple at the Volcano just sitting there, made my day! I wasn't expected to fins any, at all.

I do not feel like going on a goose chase to go found which one you did not mock xd.png (I already did though and all I found was Pyrope and PyralSpite) I may need to investigate more unless somebody from earlier knows something TCA did not mock ?

If a thread is gone, there's a reason for it.

quote from someone on dragcave from the thread "Completed list Favorites" back in 2012-2013

So there was a Pyralspites dragon somewhere but now it is gone ? Only time will tell. Cannot wait to see the adults <3

I am going to leave now so people will not throw stuff at me.

Check my post on page 31. ;3

I had some nice theories, but people tend to read only a page or two back. :/

WOOHOO I only need 1 more and that is from the Coast. However I misclicked so I have to wait to get it and I am hurting so off to bed for the evening

Have a great night everyone

I caught a nice set of these pretties for myself, plus a few extra for trading.

A Nice release if I do say so myself. smile.gif Thank you to TJ and spriters and all responsible for these lovelies.

I only need one more from the coast until I have two of each! biggrin.gif

I just have to wait until after school so I'm un-egglocked.

Wow, they go quickly! One moment, there are eggs, and ten seconds later, empty biome. xd.png

LOL! They do go quickly. I had the same problem yesterday. You gotta be fast. Good thing my internet is fast enough to grab them. Its fun hunting for them in the cave. smile.gif

Wow, I'm so glad for the new dropping times! This was the second time in years I was actually on at the beginning of the drop. Midnight in the US means 6 am for me, and drops were usually on school days, so I used to miss out at least the first 12 hours and generally struggle real hard to grab some eggs. This time I was able to grab two of each, plus an extra orange, in no time <3 The new draggies look so good already!

I just think it's funny how 40+ people chill out on this one thread at any given time. X3

Still haven't caught any garnets, but I shall not give up hope! >:)

I saw one in the Alpine but it was gone within .3 seconds.

I thought the S1 were cute but the S2's are adorable. I can't wait to see what the adults will look like biggrin.gif

Only need 1 more from the Alpine until I have two of each! I think the eggs are easier to catch now tongue.gif As of now the rarity goes like this: Volcano > Alpine >Coast, with the Volcano ones being the easiest ones to catch.

Achievement Unlocked! 2 of each and I'm looking forward to see the adults!

P.S: Does anyone have any idea on how rare it's gonna be?

Nope :D Probably common but who knows, it is a mystery.

Achievement Unlocked! 2 of each and I'm looking forward to see the adults!

No one, other than TJ, knows until the hype has died down some.

As of now the rarity goes like this: Volcano > Alpine >Coast, with the Volcano ones being the easiest ones to catch.

Was definitely harder to catch in the Volcano Biome yesterday, so it looks like user bias is playing a role in rarity at the moment.

I couldn't believe it yesterday. Within an hour, it had gone from empty biome in 2 min to empty biome in 30 seconds xd.png Those four and a half minutes until the refresh and another go at chatching felt like the longest minutes of my life!

I just think it's funny how 40+ people chill out on this one thread at any given time. X3

Still haven't caught any garnets, but I shall not give up hope! >:)

I saw one in the Alpine but it was gone within .3 seconds.

Once I'm not egg locked, I'd be happy to help hunt some down for people that are having problems catching. I know how it is, I use my phone 99% of the time, and it's usually while I am at work with poop Internet connection here, so I just hop on and use my data instead. I dislike how the update to chrome on mobile got rid of the refresh button on the top of the bar, so now it's even more difficult. :S

Good luck to those who still don't have any. :<

No one, other than TJ, knows until the hype has died down some.

Yep. It seems to settle after the first batch grows up and the breed establishes itself in the cave.

I know that I caught all of mine in a rush to get all the colors. But as they grow, I'll be hunting based on which sprites I like best. As it stands, I'll probably be hunting for the alpine ones when my first set hatches. However, I will make the final decision on what to hunt for after TJ's grow up.

I'm not so sure about that... the only releases that drop without mixing for that long are holidays, which are special cases. Looking back at the August and May releases, those started mixing after far less than a day (or even less than 12 hours) after the initial drop and I definitely see those breeds in the biomes a lot so they're not rare (Undines, Frostbites, Falconiforms). There's even a suggestion thread to have releases drop without mixing for a full 24 hours, so it's not something that happens often.

~Edit: looks like July releases started mixing in less than a day as well. And those breeds are definitely common.

Yeah, most drops start to mix within six or twelve hours iirc. I remember when we still had the midnight drops I would catch in the morning when I got up, normally around 6 or 7am and there would be eggs mixing by then in most/all cases. I don't think these are going to be rare. People said that they think every release is going to be a rare. Maybe an uncommon-common, at least that is what I'm thinking right now.

And it's very hard to type when you have a little bratty bird helping you type and pushing your hands away from the keyboard.... and pushing things off the desk. rolleyes.gif

Edited by annageckos