kerrikins

Undine Breeding!

can you tell they're yellow as soon as they are hatched? or do they develop colour when they gender? (have to fresh green hatchies I may as well get rid off if they aint going to yellow for me lol)

can you tell they're yellow as soon as they are hatched? or do they develop colour when they gender? (have to fresh green hatchies I may as well get rid off if they aint going to yellow for me lol)

They hatch the color that they'll grow to be, so if your hatchies are green they'll stay green.

Edited by prpldrgnfr

Thank you very much, you save me some time and disappointmet lol

Ah well back to the drawing board to try again!

So I got an Undine egg from female Hellfire: https://dragcave.net/lineage/JuGw9

and now I'm wondering how I should influence it. blink.gif Like, what if it accidentally turns yellow and it's a male? There are no yellowish colored Hellfires biggrin.gif And when it turns green and it's a female, the red Hellfire wouldn't quite match. Other pairing ideas that would go with the rough & tough-looking shape of these two parents? Unfortunately, most images in the first few pages of this thread are gone xd.png

No ideas? blink.gif Should I ask in Lineage Advice instead?

This little rascal alted and I wasn't even trying much this time tongue.gif

Anyways, in my eyes a GoN x Undine pairing looks pretty. Might even go for an Even-gen Undine with the GoN x Undine pairings as its ancestors :3

Well, that blows the idea that the colors alternate out of the water!

It's been known for quite a while now that it's just random like blacks and vines, so no, it's not alternating.

No ideas? blink.gif Should I ask in Lineage Advice instead?

I saw it hatched yellow! I really don't think you can anticipate the hatching color, so it's hard to chose what to influence such an egg :/

Though for next time, the odds seem higher that they turn green, so I would influence it male. And hope it doesn't turn yellow then haha.

Went with PB pairings this time. 7 CB pairs resulted in 6 eggs which resulted in 3 alts, 3 green. I love some of the lineages I'm seeing here and think next time I'll try Undine x Brute and Undine x GoN. smile.gif

So, question: I've tried to breed some Undines to my Guardians (in hopes of an Avatar), but all I am getting is Undine eggs. Does anyone know if Undines can produce an Avatar? 'Cause if not, I'll stop trying.

Examples: http://dragcave.net/lineage/qA4iB, http://dragcave.net/lineage/TQW8l, and http://dragcave.net/lineage/B71Cq

They do produce Avatars. I know Oddsoxdi's GoN produced one before. It was a Creation. Clearly though if they are common and now since Avatars do not really come out anymore, it may be hard to get it, like falconiforms.... Falconiforms are so hard to get a Avatar from tongue.gif

The Guardian of Nature Breeding has them listed too as creation.

Thanks, lollipop00! I never knew that that thread existed! And it's awesome that they have produced Avatars. *yes!*

Well so far its green undines 4 yellow nada--Tried green to copper-got green, green to gold got green, green to green no interest, green to green again got green sad.gif Now I am trying green to green copper. At least the departures are getting lots of unwanted green hatchies from moi. This one has a hole in it. Have better luck at getting the creation egg than I do these. Anybody find what dragon they are partial to in getting yellow? For example I remember if one wanted an alternate black they kept breeding them to purple ones to get one or if alternate vine you kept breeding them to gold until you get one. At least that is what I found when I tried to get the alternate black or vine ones.

Edited by LuvDragons

Maybe it is already in here.

But what would someone want in return for a gold shimmer bred with either green or yellow undine, 2G or 3G to start with?

I have come to the conclusion that yellows don't like me as I tried the same pairing as Ruby Shoes did in green male copper to female and got another *&^%@ green one whereas she got yellow. This is getting tiresome to say the least. Must be nice to get yellow on your first try. sad.gif This is the fifth attempt in trying to get one and still zilch. So another one goes to departures. Sigh.

Got another egg for my sixth attempt bred it to horse in Magenta Mustang. The payoff was I bred my male green undie to brimstone and of all things I got a brimstone?!!? Give me a break pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. So tossed it to the ap. Can't breed my other one as it got me green when I tried breeding it to copper.

Edited by LuvDragons

I don't have any yellows and the closest thing I've had to an alt is one that I gifted away as an egg. But I'd like to breed with Purple soon.

I have come to the conclusion that yellows don't like me as I tried the same pairing as Ruby Shoes did in green male copper to female and got another *&^%@ green one whereas she got yellow. This is getting tiresome to say the least. Must be nice to get yellow on your first try. :( This is the fifth attempt in trying to get one and still zilch. So another one goes to departures. Sigh.

Got another egg for my sixth attempt bred it to horse in Magenta Mustang. The payoff was I bred my male green undie to brimstone and of all things I got a brimstone?!!? Give me a break pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. So tossed it to the ap. Can't breed my other one as it got me green when I tried breeding it to copper.

They're alts like blacks and vines. They're going to be rarer. It's not based on what you breed them with at all; just comes down to luck. Keep trying; that's all you really can do.