kerrikins

Undine Breeding!

Almost there. biggrin.gif

(sorry I keep changing the names around, I think I've got it now)

ETA: Apparently *not* almost done. The one time you *want* a green...... dry.gif

Edited by prpldrgnfr

I've got a question for the experts. It would be great if someone with alt experience could help me out:

As I'd love to breed checkers with Undines, I'm wondering when it will be possible to get a non-Undine egg from an Undine/non-Undine pairing with at least some kind of reasonable probability.

I have seen the occasional non-Undine in threads, but so far, I only got Undines, no matter what I bred them with, and I suppose it's normal due to them being so new.

So, what do you reckon, when will breeding checkers finally be possible with decent ratios?

I've got a question for the experts. It would be great if someone with alt experience could help me out:

As I'd love to breed checkers with Undines, I'm wondering when it will be possible to get a non-Undine egg from an Undine/non-Undine pairing with at least some kind of reasonable probability.

I have seen the occasional non-Undine in threads, but so far, I only got Undines, no matter what I bred them with, and I suppose it's normal due to them being so new.

So, what do you reckon, when will breeding checkers finally be possible with decent ratios?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/xt6sO

It is possible, I have proof right there. Not too sure on the ratios right now though, I've been breeding mostly PBs (the 2Gs in that checker were actually AP catches).

I have 3 Undines paired with non-Undines, combined they have 6 children, all Undines. But if you look at the CBs in that checker above, there are 2 Fleshcrowne children other than Forest, and no Undines other than Aquatic. So it's pretty hard to say right now what your success will be, depends on what mate you pick.

...Hope this helps.

Are there any metallics out of undines? Like tinsels/Shimmers/Golds/Silvers??? I mean as result a metallic and not an undine?

Are there any metallics out of undines? Like tinsels/Shimmers/Golds/Silvers??? I mean as result a metallic and not an undine?

I Breed Mine to golds every week and so far not one gold yet

I recently bred my two Undine pairs and got this and this, which makes me EXTREMELY happy, and if they gender right I'll breed them too. Probably gonna snag more CB Undines and try to get a breeding army! Originally I wanted alts just for trading purposes, but now I love them and want to keep them all biggrin.gif

i actually dont think any of my alt undines were bred by me i think i snatched them all off the abandoned pile aside from one that i had to gender swap for

I`m sorry, I am confused. I am not sure where I got this idea from, but is it possible to get Cave Born Alt Undines, or are they breed only? From the Wiki it says "The yellow alternate form is only attainable through breeding (with a chance the egg may hatch as an alt), making it among few dragons to have an alt that can only be received in this fashion. " and I guess the part that is in parenthesis is the part tripping me up. Do they mean Cave Born have a chance to hatch as an alt, or just the bred ones? Thanks in Advance

2 minutes ago, kzspot said:

I`m sorry, I am confused. I am not sure where I got this idea from, but is it possible to get Cave Born Alt Undines, or are they breed only? From the Wiki it says "The yellow alternate form is only attainable through breeding (with a chance the egg may hatch as an alt), making it among few dragons to have an alt that can only be received in this fashion. " and I guess the part that is in parenthesis is the part tripping me up. Do they mean Cave Born have a chance to hatch as an alt, or just the bred ones? Thanks in Advance

Yep, it just means that 1. The alts can only be obtained through breeding. and 2. Those bred eggs, as a result, have a small chance to hatch into an alt. :) They're unique in that way since most alts have a chance to be CB, but not the Undines!

No need to be sorry, by the way. :) It's a good question!