Kirito

Supernatural

Skinner's combat ready boots skidded on the polished while linoleum as he rounded the corner. His shoulder hit the opposite wall and his cigarette holder almost went flying from his mouth. From somewhere down the hall, a chilling scream echoed from behind him. The scream of a Penanggalan.

Skinner had been called in to this hospital to look into a strange string of blood poisoning in the maternity ward. For the past few months, severe cases of blood poisoning have affected new mothers shortly after delivery. Most cases didn't end with the mother or the child surviving. Skinner was a last resort call. The owner of the hospital called him, quietly, of course. Most people saw his...profession, as fake or a hoax. That was strangely good for business. Only kept his calls to the desperate and willing to pay.

Right now, he was dealing with his most current job. It wasn't going very well either. He assumed that he was after a Ubume so he armed himself for such. He would have never guessed that a Penanggalan was what was haunting the halls. He hadn't heard of one of those being state side since high school. The only way to kill one of those was to destroy their body. Only problem was that he was never going to be able to find a headless body in a hospital while she was chasing him.

Skinner slammed himself against the wall and stayed as still as he could. He raised a cloth to his mouth to muffle his ragged breath. He needed to calm down and think. Ok. Screechy is Indian? I think. And she is hyped up on that mom she had earlier. So....I'm ****ed? He peeked around the corner and scanned the empty hallway for movement. Nothing. So far so good. Ok. Lets see if I remember how mom makes a Demon Entrapment Blanky Skinner ducked into a dark room and ripped the bedsheets off the bed. Skinner spread it flat on the floor, making sure that he was hidden on the other side of the bed. He produced a small ink well and a brush from a bag hanging from his hip.

A short while later, Skinner crept from the room carrying a bundled up yellowing bed sheet. perspiration beaded on his furrowed brow as he crept through the hallway. He kept all of his senses alert. Penanggalans were known for the element of surprise. Especially since they could turn invisable. He knew one in high school but that was about the extent of his knowledge. As he turned the corner, he could see the college out the window on the opposite end of the hall. All the lights seemed out. strange. Mom should be grading midterms. Hope she is ok. I shou- his thought were interrupted by a bloodcurdling screech from his left.

A disembodied head materialized from the nurses office. He threw up his arms to protect himself. The head, with locks of black hair writhing around it like she was submerged in water. Her mouth was opened impossibly wide and her black and red tongue snaked towards Skinner's face. He grabbed the slimy appendage and was immediately greeted with the sharp smell of ammonia and oranges. He released the slithering tongue and backpedaled rapidly. His glove was burned completely through and already were angry red sores rising on his palm and fingers. He looked up just in time to see the head swinging it's dangling internal organs towards his face. The hiss of acid eating linoleum filled his ears as he spun away from the beast. The toxin excreted from the surface of the woman's organs made sort work burning holes through to the lower floor. He snatched his cigarette holder from between his teeth an pointed it at the Pananggalan, "Fuhzo!", he yelled. The air past the tip of his cigarette holder ionize. A yellow bolt of lightning arced from the holder to the apparition. The bolt arced through the torso of the monster and a medical cart down the hall exploded. The lights in the hall flickered from the sudden lightning strike. The Pananggalan streaked at him, only enraged her. The ghost swooped towards him, her mouth hinged open to take his head off.

Skinner threw the blanket over the beast and fell forward. The ambiguous form underneath the sheet thrashed and screamed as Skinner struggled to pin the thing down. The intricate symbols he painted on the blanket began to swirl like smoke on the fabric surface. Slowly, the form began to shrink and shrink and shrink. Eventually, when the shape reached the size of an orange, Skinner dug in his pocket. He produced a pair of blood red and silver scissors. He pinched off a small bit of fabric and snipped it away. Out fell a small yarn doll with a Japanese tag hanging from the bottom. Skinner sat back against the wall, his cloths were riddled with holes from the acid burning through to his skin. He held the little doll up to his face and rolled his eyes, "No one is going to believe this"

After packing up and leaving a note of apology for the wrecked floor of the hospital, Skinner was on his way to the dark college. He needed to find his mom.

(((There. Skinner's introduction post)))

(((Damn you all got to page two while I was writing)))

Edited by padfoot

(Sorry it's just my style but I do need to adapt haven't been on here for awhile.)

He snatched it back "I'm Aaron and did you just say dwarf? What are you doing in new York and how do you know about the collage incident you don't look like collage material to me." As he put the book on the shelf looking around him searching for a clock as grabbed another book ready to shelf that one as well.

(Sorry pad foot that is a very intricate intro and I like how you did you magic and what time is it in the rp.)

Edited by Kirito

Natalie stood at the front desk as she looked at Aaron and Vorn while looking through a book.Looks like the boy's occupied. She thought as she picked up a stack of books.

(( A penannag..... a penna... screw it. ))

Vorn chuckled, looked up at the boy and said, "How polite of yeh to pretend not to notice that i'm two feet shorter than yeh." Vorn's expression quickly changed to a very serious one. "Something is going on at the college. I was hired to knock out the electricity by a person in a long trench coat. I couldn't see their face, and their voice sounded... odd. Like a genderless person. Whoever it was payed quickly and quietly though. Somethings going on down there lad, and I doubt it's pretty." Vorn nodded towards the door, and started walking out.

(( I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's evening, 5 or 6. By the way, if natalie wants to follow she is welcome. )) (( Also, i'll be setting up a villian soon. ))

Edited by Peelzies

((A pennangalan?))

Natalia approached the two and put the books down at a table near them and listened,"Sounds like something's bad is going to happen.She grabbed the books and put them up in the shelves.

(Alright and I've been waiting for a villain char.)

Aaron followed him setting down his books "I can finish this later I suppose. Wait so your the one who caused the problem you know you ruined my day l and what do you mean by strange?"he asked as he caught up to him. "Also I've been going to that collage for awhile I'm pretty sure I would notice something strange going on there since I'm strange as well and Natalia should you really be going I mean it could be dangerous. "

(I'm assuming I know her name since I'm the assistant if that's cool with you? )

(( GG, padfoot. had to google that one. Creepy stuff.))

Vorn hurried out the library door, not bothering to check if the kid was behind him. He navigated through the maze of alleyways that led to the college. He heard the kid behind him, questioning him. "I've been in this city for 60 years kid, i know the ins and out, and occasionally crazy stuff happens." Soon he was across the street, observing his surroundings. It was getting dark, and whatever bad things were going to happen would happen soon. He climbed onto a dumpster and leapt across the alley onto a fire escape, deftly pulling himself up. Swiftly climbing the stairs, Vorn patted his side for his trusty revolver. Knowing it was there comforted him. At the roof, he crouched and observed the college across the street. Hmm... Nothing out of the or- wait... A shadowy figure crossed his sight on the building next to the college.

Edited by Peelzies

((I know right xd.png))

"I was going to close the library anyway."She said as she went out of it and headed for her home while looking at the two walk away.

((I'm okay with that))

(((There is no such thing as magic)))

Skinner reached the college and pushed the door to his mom's office open. Inside, illuminated by a single fairy light hanging just above the desk, his mother sat. She was a thin, fraile looking woman, her thick reading glasses slid down the bridge of her nose comically. She didn't hear him come in, "Um...Mrs. Dorthy. I seem to have a problem with my homework." he said with a sly smile. The reaction was exactly as he expected.

"Luke! What in all that is divine happened to you!". There was a gust of wind as Skinner's mom phased through the desk and floated towards him. Her cloak dissolving into smoke behind her and blowing the papers that covered her desk around the room. Skinner took a step back and dropped his bag to the floor. Dorthy Skinner struck Skinner's cheek with a stinging, open palm, 'Ow, what the hell mom?" he asked, as his mother wrapped him in an embrace.

"The stupid power went out and I have been trying to contact you for over two hours", she scolded him and leading him to a few claw foot leather chairs in the corner. She flicked her ornate fan open and another orb of light floated ahead to light the way. She sat him down and started digging through her carpet handbag.

Skinner, sitting in his underwear, cringed as his mom rubbed another strange oil on the dime-sized burns that dotted his body.

"So, a Penanggalan has been haunting St. Baum's and killing pregnant women."

Skinner nodded, gritting his teeth against the stinging concoction his mom was using on his back.

"So they hired you? Why?"

"****, mom, I don't know. Cause I'm good at what I do", he said, sarcasm dripping from his words.

She whacked him in the back of his head with her fan, "Well did you at least finish the job?"

Skinner raised the doll over his shoulder for her to see.

Dorthy's face lit up and she took to doll from his hand, 'Skinner. This is a great Teru Teru Bozu. How did you make it"

"The demon blanket things we used to make for Mr. Denslow when I was a kid"

Dorthy's eyebrows shot up and she nodded, he could practically feel the pride radiating from her.

"So...how are classes going", she asked, the conversation turning casual.

(((Glad you liked her. I get sick of all the same mythological beings so I try to use new ones.)))

Edited by padfoot

He chased down Vorn as I mumbled a spell"Ignus infusiarus" a small orb of fire appeared in front of him. "We're are you you you midget come on you can't just leave me behind after telling me all this."he growled running even faster about to recite another spell but diced not to because it takes to much energy.

He finally caught up to him seeing him on a roof. "HEY you can't just leave me behind like that!" He shouted at him letting the orb fade away as he continued to walk to him.

(Also ment in the rp dude I hope that's what you ment I'm kinda sluggish from work so sorry if my posts reflect that.)

Edited by Kirito

(( Kirito, I don't know if you're on mobile, but you are lagging behind. ))

The shadowy figure very unstealthily shattered a window and jumped in. "****! That's the guy." Vorn swiftly turned and grabbed the kid's collar, and lightning fast put the point of his knife right against his throat. "Shut your damn mouth kid before i slit your throat." He threw the kid back and jumped down the ladder. He tucked and rolled as he hit the ground, and sprinted towards the front door. Well, about as close to sprinting as a dwarf gets. When he reached the front door, it was locked. Thick metal, not happening. He looked around and saw a maintenance ladder leading to the roof. It was blocked off, but he quickly busted the simple lock and scuttled up it. "What are you doing you shady mother*censorkip.gif*..." He thought as he stood on the roof. "... roof access would be locked... maintenance hatch is heavily locked.... Vents." He pulled out his knife and popped the vent cover. It stank like oils. He slipped in and crawled through.

Edited by Peelzies

((Not if she stabs him with it first))

The gentle rise and fall of boots sounded remarkably like a horse moving throughout the campus of the community college. In actuality, Willow did not attend the campus. This was pretty obvious based on her smaller stature and child-like features more fitting of a ten year old but when night started to set in, she felt the need to wander from the high school she attended sparingly to the larger college. There wasn't any real reason for it other than the fact sitting in one place for too long made her anxious and irritated. The college just so happened to be a part of her romping grounds, that was all. But it was getting late so it was probably time to start heading home. Adjusting her had slightly so it covered her ears and horn a bit better, she started to turn back when she suddenly heard a shattering sound from above. She looked up in alarm, trying to figure out where the sound had come from and what was going on.

(Yes I'm on Mobil I can't use the computer right now.)

He jumped back up running to the edge of the building and jumping off mumbling focusing his energy on another spell"ventas cyclis!" A small tornado caught him before he hit the ground as he continued to chase him down. "Slit MY throat what's this dwarfs problem jeez."

He followed him onto another roof this time sticking back as he watched him pull off a vent cover " I'm not going to fit in there guess I'll have to do this the hard way." He looks for the closest door kicking it open "since the powers off no alarm right."

Edited by Kirito

(( I.... Okay. Magic confuses me. Also, pudding, im a little confused are you legit a horse-like creature or are you in some kind of biped glamour.))

Vorn crawled through the vents, making as little noise as possible, which unfortunately was quite a bit. He eventually came to an opening downwards, and kicked off the vent cover off. Vorn cringed as the cover clanged on the floor. "Could have made that a little stealthier." He hopped out and found himself in a long hallway. "Wheres that magic kid..."

He walked in the building looking around. "Well it shouldn't be hard wandering around I know these corridors I shouldn't get lost right?" He said jogging down the hall way looking for the little dwarf "were are you?" It was really dark in there but his eyes would adjust he didn't want to deprive his energy on spells he would need later.

Vorn flicked open his lighter, producing a small brightness to guide him. "Karma is a censorkip.gif*.... i shut the electricity down now i cant see." He put his hand on the walls to guide him, but eventually he ran into a trashcan, making a decent sized crash. "****... I'm out of practice." He finally hit the end of the hallway. He dragged his hand along the wall, and cut his hand on a broken window. "Agh!!!!" Vorn screeched. "This must be where he got in." he observed, cradling his injured hand.

Edited by Peelzies

((The idea was having a legit unicorn running around would be super obvious. So, to compensate for that, she can turn into a Faun-like creature with horse ears and hooves on her feet but in general humanoid shape with the aid of her horn.

Right now, she's in the humanoid form. I'm going to wait a bit to post as well but I'm still here.))

Aaron herd a loud crash and he immediately jolted in that direction almost hitting a wall. "Well that was close I'm really tempted to use a spell right now."he mumbled chasing after the sound. "Hello any one there?"he asked softly as he slowed his pace. As here saw the shine of the moon glimmer of the broken glass" well what do we have here?"

Edited by Kirito

Vorn, nursing his injured hand, heard a quiet voice down the hall. "Kid? I'm at the end of the hallway. I found the window the censorkip.gif*** broke through." He began to bandage up his bleeding hand, the occasional "Tssst!" and "Ouch!" echoed through the hall. After it was all bandaged up, he looked at the floor. A puddle of blood had shown up. However, it was more than came from his hand. Someone else cut themselves on the window. He crouched down, and his lighter revealed bloody footprints.

Edited by Peelzies

He walked down the hall seeing Vorn nurture his wound "tare you alright?"he asked reaching him and staring at the pool of blood leaning downward what happened here and please stop calling me kid my names Aaron alright?" He said getting back up and looking out the window. "I could always use a tracking spell if you'd like? I mean I could work cause of the blood but it's mixed with yours now."

Edited by Kirito

Skinner zipped his jeans up as his mom picked up the papers she scattered when her son burst in.

"Luke. You can't just barge in here every time you get injured doing your...freelance jobs", she said, tapping the papers together on the polished surface of her desk, 'You should be studying in Gillikin with your father".

Skinner rolled his eyes as he pulled his shirt on, a gesture that should have been hidden but his mom glared at him anyway. "I want to study here." he said lamely.

his mother sighed and flicked her fan open. The scattered papers swirled off the floor and gathered in lose piles on her desk. She clasped her fan against her chest and smiled, "As your friend I say do what you want", she said sweetly, "But as your mother, I have a say in your future". Skinner picked up his bag and tossed it over his sore shoulder. He checked his watch. It was 9:39 and Skinner still needed to write a essay for chemistry and still had some notes to review. He didn't mention that to his mom, of course. He kissed his mom goodbye and left her office.

"Eugh.. Aaron then. Don't mean to rain on your parade but theres a trail of his blood already. Lets just follow that." He said, drawing his wide bladed dagger.

He crept down the hallway until the blood trail turned into a dark storage room and...... disappeared. The storage room had been thoroughly rummaged through, and items were scattered around. Trophies, papers, diplomas.

"Where the hell did he go.... He either patched himself up and got out of here or disappeared. Damn magic users... Err.... no offense kid. I mean, Aaron."

Vorn further observed the room. No vents, no doors besides the one he came in through.

"Lost him. You know the censorkip.gif*** stole something. Lets find the fusebox."

Edited by Peelzies

Aaron followed him " well I suppose if you want to use the easy way and none taken I'm good at what I do."he said walking around the room. "Man this place is a mess what do you think he wanted from here records on students or something like that? He said rummaging through turned a pile of papers.

He kicked over some trophies " What would you want from here any ways it's just a bunch of papers and trophies.?" He asked lighting another fire ball"ignus infusiarus" it sparked to life in his palm.

Edited by Kirito

"Can't be sure," Vorn replied.

"Never knew what all was in here in the first place, so we really don't know what's missing. Come on, Lets find the fusebox and i'll fix the circut." He suggested.

Vorn headed to the maintenance room by memory. The door was locked, so he got to picking the lock.

"No sense leaving too much evidence of a break-in. Aaron, do me a favor and clean up the blood. I don't want to get traced back to the crime. We can't do much about the window though." He contemplated.

Edited by Peelzies