Nanashi

Clockwork Doll

It was peaceful here. She could almost forget about that... She could have had Ivon wipe those memories from her, but... No. She shouldn't think about that here. She shook her head, clearing it of those thoughts, grateful that her emotions were hidden. Then she smiled and looked over at him. "Not really... But the view's pretty. Don't you think?" she asked politely, though she was having a battle with herself inside her head. One no one would or even could notice.

The voice stopped, and Raven looked up. ...Thanks. Maybe... We can talk later. The wolf them turned, creeping inside.

((Sorry for the short post.))

King watched. Then he began to walk away. Ivon, realizing King had no intention of entering, closed the door and quickly went upstairs.

King walked along, his clockwork heart slowing with every step. He wasn't going to die. Not exactly. Just... Well, he wasn't sure. It had never happened before, his clockwork heart stopping.

He sat down and looked back. If he wanted, he could get Ivon to fix him. But what was the use? He'd have stopped working on the stairs. He looked away again.

King then curled up, his tail touching his nose. His eyes began to close. Thud-thud. Thud-thud. All he could see now was the grass. Thud-thud... Thud-thud... His eyes were almost closed. Thud... His heartbeat never finished. All the golden wolf saw now was darkness.

The she-wolf stopped, her ears pricking. She gazed past the walls, and into the world. Something was wrong. Longingly, she looked up the stairs. And growled, shaking her head. The wolf moved smoothly back down the stairs. She found the door closed, but that didn't stop her. Charging through, the latch groaned and snapped, sending Raven tumbling head over heels into the grass. Then she found him. Her ears picked up no beating heart. She whined anxiously. Ivon can fix him. The she wolf struggled to get the male up onto her back. She moved as quickly as she could back in and up the stairs. It wasn't until then, that she finally noticed him.

Ivon.

((OMG, Raven. You're such a freak. One minute, you act like you're going to eat him, and the next your carrying his heavy butt upstairs.

What a crazy bipolar wolf.))

((LAPTOP HATES ME give me a moment.

It posted before I was finished my post.

I don't think metal tastes that good, even to a Lanchrono. xd.png ))

Ivon looked over. Now, he could have looked all legendary. But because the maker of him thought he shouldn't, he really didn't seem like all the stories said(don't ask). He moved over and picked the golden wolf up easily, used to heavy things. King was actually lighter then Eva. And he used to give Eva piggyback rides...

He put King down near his desk and cut open the mechanical wolf's chest, opening it up. A strangely designed heart was there. He recognized it and automatically began working on the gold wolf. It was like his instinct, though it was a bit strange. The Gemstone Lanchronos watched, slightly interested.

Edited by seacatsmew

Salamander smiled and chuckled 'There are many pretty view, even at my cave there was at least 2 different pretty views. The view matters little to me as long as my friends are safe and happy, i wanted to do something fun though i do not quite understand what would be fun for you since you seem to have not had fun before.' He held her hand and then a thought came to him 'have you ever played with the others at the tower. you know like sparring though you don't use full power just for fun?'

"Tried once... It... Didn't work," Shatter replied. "My powers are way too dangerous, though. Well.. Minus this one, but I can't use it that well." She focused on her locket. It slowly, shakily rose into the air, hovering for a moment before falling. "Telekinesis," she said. "You're here, too, Shatter?" A girl was behind them, perched on a tree, without a care in the world. "A...Amber?" The girl jumped down. "Yup."

(so they're entering the tower now? Mystiyu, Eva, and Rain, I mean.)

Edited by cutiesonic

((No, Eva's just walking to it while... Rain hasn't done anything else.))

Elfte looked up from her open arm when Ivon reentered the room carrying something big. IS that a wolf? she wondered as Ivon put it on this work bench. Elfte hovered closer when he began to take the poor thing apart. It was only then did she relized that he made it in the first place, "This is a doll?" she asked in surprise. SHe watched the inventor work on the strange heart in to wolf's chest. She wished she had a cool ticker like that, all Elf's got is a stupid, practically infinite clean energy source.

"Kind of. I prefer calling them Lanchronos. Saying 'doll' makes it sound like they have no emotions," Ivon said, replacing a gear for a new, identical one. he paused. Then he carefully took off the 'front' of it, revealing a really complicated bunch of gears, wiring, and much more. He quickly examined it. "Ah. That's it." Reaching in, he pulled out a long strand of gold ribbon. It seemed to be caught in the gears, and had actually pulled free some of the wires. Placing it beside him, he fixed the wires- somehow- and closed King's heart, then quickly fixed the skin over it. He then thought for a moment before using his knife to cut the skin along his left leg off, pulling it off. Quickly removing the rest, he examined the metal leg. "That's what I thought," he mumbled as he removed various rocks from the metal and wiring. Then he put the skin and everything back on the leg and stitched it up. He pulled a something out of his pocket and stabbed it into the wolf's paw, then quickly pulled it back and placed it in his pocket. The wolf's eyes opened.

((Reset button!))

Raven's original plan was to march in and demand an explanation. But that obviously wasn't how it worked out. She watched the man, her head on her crossed paws. When the urges came, she dismissed them. Each time, the voice would smoothly chatter away, trying to talk her into killing Ivom. But why? The wolf would ask, and the voice would go silent. For the most part. She was solely focused on King, ignoring the android across the room from her.

Salamander nodded and stayed close to her. When the locket levitated he smiled 'that's awesome.' When he heard someone speak to shatter he turned to the voice. He connected his mind to both of them but spoke to shatter first 'who is this?' He was unsure of this new person but was ready to fight if needed.

(Sent you a form, sea.)

Wanting to meet Ivon too, Mist followed Eva. He imagined what Ivon was like. Suddenly, he thought back to what Eva said to the others about Ivon and what Diamond said. "I'll admit, I was spying on you for a while, Eva. I can get too curious. A while back, when you were with the other Lanchronos, you said Ivon is dead. But Diamond said the tower is keeping him alive....D-did you lie about him?" He questioned her.

(Omg, he's the smartest character I ever made.)

Elfte let Ivon to his work once he started working on the tiny gears within the artificial heart. Her XM Detector told her that the second energy source from outside was also in the room. She scanned the room with her eyes, falling on a black wolf laying on the far side. She walked to the mechanical animal and crouched down in front of the canine without a word. The inner workings of the animal were hidden by a coat of genetically modified fur. It seemed real enough, except for it's almost perfect line of symmetry. Elf reached out to touch the wolf's fur.

King rolled onto his stomach and stood up, shaking his fur to fix it. Then he realized where he was and mentally cursed. He disliked the tower. No reason. Just... Something about it... He spotted Raven and Elfte.

Before Shatter could reply, Amber introduced herself. "The name's Topaz Amber Clove. Second youngest out of them all. Second only to Shatter, of course." "She's a Gemstone Marionette," Shatter added. She trusted Amber.

"A-Ah. Um. M-Maybe?" Eva said. "Kind of. Everyone thinks he's dead. But he's alive." She disliked lying, but she disliked admitting she was lying even more.

Raven snapped at the hand, but before teeth closed against the android's skin, she stopped, only lightly pressing against it. Puling away, she snorted, slinking back into a shadowed corner. Her eyes were apologetic, but she did not speak.

She saw King stand, and felt the unhappiness rise from him. Sheepishly, she hung her head. You should punish him for not being happy. If it hadn't been for you-

Shut up. The small voice hushed, but the presence of it's ferociousness didn't leave her.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Seeing Raven made his curiosity return. And made his 'innocent' side return. It was easy to tell the difference between the two sides. He moved closer, then stopped and sat down a meter and a half away, watching her. He knew to keep his distance. He tilted his head to the right.

Elfte jerked her hand back, a motion that tore part of her skin away. She shook her hand and watched the wolf slink away. "****! Sorry", she muttered . Elf didn't know why she expected anything else from it. She guess that Ivon would have made her a little more tame. Oh well, Elfte went back tho her chair and propped her feet up on the corner of Ivon's workbench. She started working on the fingertips on her left hand. It gave the appearance that she was styling her nails, "So is the wolf going to live?" she asked right as it stood up, 'Oh, guess so." Elf watched the golden wolf carefully as it stood and shook itself. Ivon really knew what he was doing with these things.

Salamander talked directly to Amber 'My name is salamander, so your like Shatters sister?' He once again relaxed as he didn't detect a threat on either Shatter's or his own life. He spoke to Amber again 'i'm trying to show Shatter fun but i don't know what she likes, do you know?' He hadn't hear the phrase before so he asked both of them 'Whats a Gemstone marionette? they are different from normal ones right?'

Raven felt King's gaze. She looked up, then to Ivon. Moving forward hesitantly, she hopped up on the table, making sure not to disturb any of the equipment. The wolf lowered her voice, even though if the beings around her so wished, they could listen. "Ivon, do you remember me? Model 28? I.... I believe I was... Wired incorrectly? Or perhaps, there's a loose wire?"

Stop, you will make yourself weak without me. You need me. Raven squeezed her eyes shut "Or maybe I caught some sort of virus? I don't know. But... It's evil, it makes me evil. I need you to fix it, please? And if you can't... She looked down. "I've hurt people Ivon. I killed a kid. I still should be decommissioned anyway..." The voice was screaming now, tearing at her. She bit back the urge to attack Ivon. To destroy her, and the other's only chance at whatever they needed. For once, she was feeling compassion, sympathy.

"Kind of. Gemstone Marionettes are... Well, yes, different. The most advanced Lanchronos. Shatter here is one." Amber paused, locking eyes with Shatter. Then a mischievous grin spread across her face. "And of course I know what Shatter likes." "A...A...A-Amber!" Shatter said, startled. She knew what that smile meant! Amber was planning something. And that wasn't exactly a good sign.

"Knew it! I told them something was wrong with you. Did they listen? Nooo! They were too impatient to even let me install better software!" Ivon said. "Now, there's two ways to do this. I can turn you 'off' for the time being, or you'll have to keep still throughout the whole thing." Ivon was already getting prepared. He hadn't fixed Lanchronos in a while, but he hadn't gotten rusty. If anything, he was better now. King watched. He followed her every movement with his eyes, curious. He barely knew her, but she had sparked his interest. In a more scientific way.

((Ivon's excited.))

She pinned her ears to her head. W-will it hurt? She was surprised that Ivon knew. Being turned off I mean? The wolf was nervous, and the Voice was yelling at her.

((Sorry for being so short.))

Salamander was happy that he got to know a gemstone since they were so powerful. He also was glad that amber knew what Shatter liked 'what is it that she likes then? I want to show her a good time and have fun she was my first friend and I'm glad to be around her if only we could have fun.' Heat radiated from him and he let out a soft growling/purring sound (I think a wolf version of purring is murring but I don't know though that's what he is doing.)

Elfte leaned against Ivon's shoulder and looked at the wolf closely again. She could have sworn that it spoke. She recapped the last footage of the conversation and found that was indeed the case, "Woah, it can talk" she asked in wonder, 'Wait, why did you make animals? Unless this is what you started with" Elfte pulled her chair next to Ivon's so she could watch while he worked. She was dieing to find out how these dolls worked so well. She combined her new XM Detector and her diagnostic scan, she was able to run a more accurate scan on the Lanchronos. There was a software glitch, just like Ivon guessed. She didn't speak up, she only nodded as a confirmation. She found her scan found a different problem, "But if you reboot her software, won't she lose her personality?", she asked. From her understanding, androids learned behavior much like human children. Experiences and people dictating their personality. Unless Ivon planned backing up the wolf's personality before starting.