Nanashi

Clockwork Doll

Salamanders smile disappeared when she mentioned the city. He wanted to live there but he couldn't stand sensing so many feelings. His voice sounded soft in her head quiet and somewhat sad sounding though it doesn't show. 'All the pain,the stress and the anger. Those feelings mix with ones of joy happiness and satisfaction all in my head. It puts me in a constant state of confusion and i act very different each second based on how strong the feelings are. I prefer to stay out here where it isn't as chaotic and i can be myself. i visit the city at times to get things i need or want a lot but i try not to stay too long.' He made the fire a little bigger before sitting on the floor besides the chair resting his head against the arm of the chair.

"Ah... I'm sorry for asking," Shatter said. She watched him with mild interest. Her tone was plain, minus the rise and fall. Her smile had vanished. "It was wrong for me to ask." She watched the fire now, and the purring quieted into a nearly silent hum.

Salamander gave her a quick encouraging hug before picking up the fire in his hand making it into many shapes. 'It is fine if it was something I didn't want to talk about I would have said so. Are you humming a certain song? ' He made it move in unnatural ways and while doing so you could hear the gears in him that allowed this stuff to happen whir though it blended with the fire so it was hard to detect. 'Honestly I'm glad to have met you. One thing that I'm curious about is you said you were trapped in a tower, how did you escape?'

"Hmm? Oh, I just hum when my fifth ability is activated. Sorry, is it bothering you?" she asked. "And I didn't 'escape' exactly. Just left. Took a bit of work, but Ivon has it under control... I hope."

Salamander smiled and shook his head ' I actually like it it reminds me of a cheetah or lion purring a very strong animal that seems comfortable. whats your fifth ability?' He was once again confused by the mentioning of Ivan 'So Ivan is alive? and he is in this tower that you were trapped in?'

Elf glanced around at the dolls in the room and whistled electronically, "Not bad craftsmenship Ivon. Not as good as Pa's though", she teased with a wink, "But really, your way beyond your time." Elf held out her arm for him to see, 'It's hard to tell but I'm an android too", she said, moving the exoskeletal plates beneath the skin, "I was just made a very long time ago".

She looked around the man at the android he was working on. A quick scan didn't tell her anything she couldn't already guess. That was odd becasue her diagnostic scan usually told her everything about a machine. She looked back at ivon, "Thats actually why I'm here. I was built by my Pa to be the curious one and received the hardware to boot.", she bit her lip, "Would you mind taking a look at me? I can receive pretty much any kind of modification and even the little things help."

"The rest don't? Ok, I think I can rest more easy now....I'm starting to put things together. Things about the Gemstone Marionettes, you, and Eya." he said while getting up.

Shatter nodded. "Ivon's alive. In the tower... And my fifth ability..." She hesitated. The purring stopped. "The power of the stars, they called it. Three abilities. But made into one. The ability to glow, the ability to control light, and the ability to see in the dark. I'm normally glowing, but you wouldn't be able to notice." Shatter raised her hand and turned it so her palm faced the ceiling, then the purring noise began. Her skin began to glow faintly, and light gathered from it, creating a bright ball floating above her hand. Then it vanished and the glowing died down. The purring noise continued.

((I made a story when thinking of an idea for her power. Naming it The Star Princess. She got the same power from a star who fell in love with her(stars are people).

Wait, Ivan?))

"That explains it. I'd love to," Ivon said, moving the Lanchrono. Papers were scattered underneath the metal. He handed the android to Amethyst, who carried it away, then put it down and returned to watch. Mist stepped away, unsure what she should do.

"The closest to her 'ability' is one that senses death. But she doesn't control dead bodies." Eva looked up at the sky. "But Sanctus Espiritus is made for stuff like that..." She frowned at the thought.

Salamander was truly impressed and enjoyed to see her abilities. He smiled and he let the flames spiral around his hand before it just disappeared into his hand his hand turning red for a couple seconds. 'wow how do you get that type of power do all marionettes get the power of the stars?' He was curious about her he really enjoyed her company which was a first for him. 'So Ivon is alive?' When the purring noise continued he leaned in closer trying to see if she was still glowing but even though he was an inch away from her hand he was unable to see a glow. 'the glow really is hard to find.'

(ivon* it auto corrected on my ipod)

Edited by voltage

Elfte could hardly contain her excitement when Ivon agreed to take a look at her. Elf took a seat in a chair across from Ivon. She extended her arm to him again. This time, a razor blade poked up through her artificial skin right before her elbow. It did a quick circle and severed the veil of skin from the rest of her body. She tugged on each finger to loosen it up, "I'll show you something basic first", she said, removing her skin like a fancy glove and laying it haphazardly on the table. She turned her arm over, the milky white porcelain plates expanded and moved out of the way to reveal the animatronic Muscle Simulation System.

The muscle like bundle of tiny hydraulics detached and revealed her inner arm's mechanics. There were no gears or bundles of wires. In face, if it wasn't for her rust colored skeleton, her arm would be mostly hollow. If she needed to something that was added to that arm, all she had to do was think about it. Her body would reform the upgrade, let her use it, then dismantle it for easy storage. Pa called it Autoverwerter but Elf just called it Folding.

As if to prove her point, insect-like arms began to assemble something in her forearm. A strip of paper much like a receipt was pushed out with a familiar whirl. She printed the introduction to Ivon's Wikipedia page and handed it to him. She gave him a pleased smile, 'I can make almost any upgrade "Elf ready", she said, adding the air quotes with one hand, "So anything you have in mind".

She thought for a moment and looked at the bronze bar in the middle of her arm, "Hey how is your German?", she asked. If Ivon was as good as they say, maybe he could unlock her German system controls. They had been stuck on German since 1946 and she could not crack the codes. Especially if she got it wrong, they became locked permanently.

((Ah. That explains it.))

Shatter smiled. Since Marionettes were designed to hide their emotions better then the rest, her slight amusement was all anyone could sense. She watched the fire that he controlled, slightly amazed. Sapphire was the only one she knew who controlled fire, and hers tended to be more dangerous. "No. We all have different powers, normally. I got it when I was built. Not sure how, though." She paused. "Yes, he's alive. It's been kept a secret until recently. He had to heal," she replied. "And you can't see it unless it's dark normally. It's hard to stop it. So normally I let it be." The purring grew louder, and a small bit of light appeared above her hand. It moved quickly, spinning around Salamander until it seemed to get dizzy. It vanished, and the purring was quiet again. Her glow was slightly visible now.

((EDIT: Ninja'd. xd.png ))

Ivon was amazed. He could learn a thing or two from her programming if she let him. He blinked. "It's pretty good- I can translate almost anything," he replied, examining her arm. He didn't touch it or anything, since there was no need to. Though, he was surprised he had a page on Wikipedia. But he never really left the tower, and he was normally at work.

"Hmm... You've gotten an upgrade recently. Something to do with vision." He nad noticed before, but he hadn't said anything.

((He knows things.))

Edited by seacatsmew

Salamander was glad when he felt her amusement. 'Oh so its like nothing that was given later in your life? my fire is something i have had to learn to control or it could be very dangerous and hurt others around me, is that how yours is as well?' When the light spun around him he tried to follow it he got dizzy and fell over laughing though it was almost like a gravel like sound mixed with a growl. He shot the fire out of his fingertips and made it look like fireworks before he sent it outside to turn some rain to steam before going out. 'Heal so he was hurt really bad if it took this long for him to heal, you think there is anyway he could upgrade me so peoples thoughts and feelings don't immediately flood my head unless i connect my brain to theirs?'

"Yeah. Light really hurts when you're shooting it in bowling ball-sized chunks," Shatter said. She laughed when he fell over, which sounded oddly like chimes mixed with a hiss. "Probably. He's been working on ideas for the last year he was 'dead'." There was a flash of sorrow from her before it was hidden. There was still a trace of amusement, but no thoughts or feelings otherwise. The past year... she thought, keeping it hidden. So much had happened. I still have the scar. She cleared her mind. No use thinking about it.

"I can take you to him eventually. Well, whenever you want." She looked outside again. The glow on her began to pulse, the glow now also brighter.

Elfte nodded. She wasn't sure if she should trust this man. This was her core drivers after all. Even if they were locked. The hydrolic bundle snapped back into place and she flexed her arm to make sure it calibrated correctly. The tiny pistons pushed and pulled her arm to make it move almost biologically. She put her skin back on like a glove and pressed the seams together so they would stick.

She Flipped around in the chair so her arms rested on the back, 'Think you could give me something that allows me to see your inventions. They put off some kind of signal that none of my instruments can detect.", she said, looking at the creepy doll that was controlling the skeleton when she walked in.

Without warning, Elf removed her shirt to expose her back. Another razor poked through the skin at the base of her neck and cut all the way down to her tailbone. The flaps of skin fell away and she opened the panels on her back. The center of her skeletal system was visible, round and glowing a feint green. A swastika was stamped in the center.

She nodded when he guessed her last modification, 'Yep, my vision zooms without losing resolution", he said, "Got the hardware from a inventor that lives close by"

Edited by padfoot

Salamander felt a slight attraction to this girl though he didn't know why. He kept all his thoughts and embarrassing emotions hidden for the most part. He smiled when she laughed 'I'm glad that was funny to you, you have a nice laugh mine is all gravelly.' When he felt the flash of sorrow his face went from happy and joy to one of pure seriousness. 'There is something about the last year that pains you,though you may be made to not show emotions i will let you know i am always here to listen and i will not judge you for showing even the emotions such as anger or despair. I want to spend a little more time getting to know my new friend before meeting my creator after all this time.' He put a hand on her shoulder comfortingly and he was curious as too if the glow being brighter and pulsing meant it would damage him.

Diamond looked up, now controllung a rabbit skeleton. She smiled. Ivon thought for a moment. "...Sure. They're made to hide some things, however. Strange you can't sense their signal." He pulled out a small metal cube from a drawer in his desk. "I'm not quite sure how this can be connected. The Lanchronos are made with a clock in mind." Suddenly, there was a loud crack from above. Ivon froze. So did the 'dolls'. Then Mist looked up. "I'll go put her back to sleep," she said. No one answered, so Mist clapped twice. A ladder dropped down. She climbed up. The tower was shaking slightly.

Suddenly, it stopped. Mist climbed back down. The ladder vanished. "She'll be fine now." The other dolls were... Shut off?

The pulsing stopped as soon as he touched her. Shatter was silent. "...Last year was the only year of my life. And I have a scar not even Ivon can fix as a reminder that humans will never trust Marionettes again." Her eyes closed and the glowing returned, pulsing again. It didn't hurt. Just... It was warm. Suddenly, a bit of her back stopped glowing. It was a crescent shape from her right shoulder to her left side, right above her waist. The scar. Her eyes opened again. "...Thank you, Salamander," she suddenly said.

Salamander let one emotion be seen truly on his face clear as day, it was disgust. 'Humans have no right to judge right away like that it is not fair and you deserve more of a life then that. If you want i can help you maybe we could do something fun and ill make sure that you don't get hurt, does that sound OK to you Shatter?' The heat didn't phase salamander a bit it actually was helping calm him as heat always did. 'You are welcome Shatter you are my first friend and i rally enjoy your company you think maybe i can help you get a house so i can visit every once in a while or if you prefer staying in the tower just remember to visit me at times ok? i cant find the tower you mentioned if its near here I've never seen it.'

((Isn't Rain looking for Eva? And Raven could go attack Lance... He needs something to do...

Or I could shoot around more Marionettes.))

((EDIT: All of you are ninjas. xd.png ))

"Ah. Here, this should let you see it." Shatter used her left hand to cover her right eye. She focused. Then she pulled her hand away. The color drained from her eye, becoming smoke-like and following her hand. She moved her hand in a odd way and it flew through Salamander. It wouldn't feel like anything happened, or change his eye color or anything. But now he could see the tower. "I can get Ivon to fix my eye later. I'll have to get used to this for now," she said. Her right eye was now completely white. It was odd to look at. But her feelings had changed. It was easy to sense them right now. She was... Kind of happy. She didn't mind 'losing' a eye.

"I'll make sure to visit you. But I'm not leaving yet." She smiled. Shatter liked his company. "Though... That sounds nice, doing something fun."

Edited by seacatsmew

((More Marionettes maybe? I didn't want to be a hog of attention.... But I kind of wanted a force reset of Raven so she was more compassionate... But thank for reminding of Rain! I shall send her in that direction.... Where's Eva again? >.< Sorry. ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

((No idea. xd.png Somewhere in the forest, with Mist(the guy).

I made 99 characters so I could shoot them at people. It makes me feel important gives me something to do helps so no one has notning to do.

Minus me.

FORCE RESET! Lance, go do something.))

Lance muttered something as he walked along, going where he thought his home was. Hopefully, he was heading in the right way. He shivered.

Elfte remained silent as there was a commotion in the room above. She was confused. Mist had said that this was the top floor. She released a burst of infrasound to get a map of the building she was in. Sure enough, her rough map showed that there was another room above this one. Her discovery was proven when Mist climbed a ladder to stop the noise.

Elf did a quick scan of the cube in the man's hand. Her system sweep located a spot it could be installed, "Here", she said, trying to point to the location, "Stick it between my seismograph and my gyroscope", she said. Elfte raised an eyebrow when the girl started playing with a rabbit skeleton, "Don't worry Ivon. I'm user friendly.", she said with a laugh, 'Just start installing it, my system will adapt to make it easier." using the data she received from all the Marionettes, her hardware began to construct a location for him to start working.

Salamander smiled as he hugged her 'you didn't have to do that but thank you. is there anything you would like to do? i know you must have saw something fun in a year that you didn't get to experience.' He let her sense his emotions of joy happiness and slight adoration as well as a protectiveness for her. 'now that i could see the tower i can visit you as well, this is so cool my first friend and she is very nice. i will do whatever you want to try i know you must have something in mind for fun.'

((...I have no experience with robots or anything. I'm somehow kind of pulling this off.))

The tower seemed to whisper something. The Marionettes began moving again. The tower was silent.

"Ah, okay," Ivon said. He quickly installed the cube. It reacted to cubes located in each Gemstone Marionette, now picking up both their signals and the odd energy of the tower... And another android above them. But the one above seemed to be weak. "There. Should start working." Diamond was currently making the skeleton dance, watching as it followed her every command.

((EDIT: Ninjas. Lots of them.))

Shatter smiled. "Um, not really... I haven't left the tower much. Ivon was normally working or sleeping, and the rest... They were always busy," she said, slightly embarrassed by her lack of knowledge.

((*is hit with table by a crow* Carrion's yelling at me for staying awake. xd.png Might vanish soon. If so, night.))

Edited by seacatsmew

Raven stalked through the forest on high alert. Her senses were combing the space around her for scents.

Rain cocked her head. She was scanning thoughts for Eva. There! She swooped down, now looking for a visual of Eva.