Nanashi

Clockwork Doll

(I hope the off switches isn't in a 'certain area' like it was for personcoms in Chobits -.-)

During his walk, Mystiyu was in deep thought until he heard someone in the forest. It sounded like a commotion. One that seem suspicious to him. "Who would be in the forest right now, unless they were camping. That's probably not the case. Even if it was, what could be happening to them?" he said out loud. He carefully sneaked to the noise, like a shadow. Once he was close enough to see, but far away enough to not be seen, Mystiyu hid behind a wide tree.

There, he saw 5 people, no 4, one was an animal, and another wasn't human nor Lanchrono. Looking closely, he saw that the animal was actually an Animal Lanchrono. "Seems to be a wolf, perhaps?" thinking to himself. The Animal Lanchrono and an Angel Lanchrono seemed to be fighting while another one was trying to stop them. "Such a strange group..."he thought.

Rain's head snapped to Eva. You were the lucky one. You have no idea what it's like to be plagued with these powers. You may have been the first, his favorite, Eva. She closed her conversation so it was only between them.

But I was the defective one. The experiment. She looked down. I wish I could show you... I could, but I'll spare you the pain. I've never lost anyone close to me, like you have. But I've felt the pain, albeit it wasn't my own. Why would he ever make me like this? I wouldn't wish this even on my worst enemy.

So the little angel does have feelings. She turned to Eva. I should have been shut down. Raven grinned like she was proud of herself. Faulty wiring. That's why I'm off killing Bambi rather than prancing around with a bunch of humans. There was too many people now. Forget it, I'm not hungry anymore anyways. Lucky you Rabbit Boy, you get to live another day. Until we meet again. The wolf Lanchrono then bounded back into the forest whence she came. Instead of leaving, she simple lurked in the outskirts. Using shadows, she changed her appearance to appear like a larger-than-average, obsidian hued, normal wolf.

((Wow, Raven is a censorkip.gif and Rain has 'problems'.

What are wrong with my characters? They are usually always like this. xd.png ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

(I hope the off switches isn't in a 'certain area' like it was for personcoms in Chobits -.-)

(( xd.png Chobits was beautiful, and I kind of based this off it and Clockwork Lullaby(Vocaloid, don't ask, if you know, you know). But no, they're in different places for each type, and none are in the 'certain area'. xd.png Animal Wolf Lanchrono have their switch in their left paw, in a way that you'd have to have something long and skinny to fit in, and Angels have theirs between their wings, also requiring something long and skinny. Minus Eva. Eva's is a secret.))

Eva's mechanical mind adjusted itself, so hers and Salamander's conversation were separate and hidden from hers and Rain's, and the other way around. I wish we could ask him, but I'm sure you know. Hmm. But you don't know what really happened, do you? That cannot be changed... And I know exactly what you have. Father tested them on me, too; Giving and taking away powers. I volunteered. But I do not know why; I simply watched him work, Model 1. Lanris watched Raven warily.

Salamander put his hand to his face and rubbed his temples as he could feel the slight pain that seemed to resonate from Eva's conversation about her father. 'I m sorry it is a painful and somewhat uncomfortable subject for you. I just wanted to know why i was like this why he made it so i can not only talk to others only by my mind to theirs making me mute per say. The thing that bothers me the most is the fact that i feel the feelings of others around me and i know that there is another who can do the same close by as it is really confusing making it so i don't even know if the thought or feelings i believe i feel are mine or not. Why do i have to go through everyone's pain suffering stress all those feelings jumbled into me at one time whenever i walk into a city. I can't even go get anything that i want or even need without constant pain and misery.' He leaned against a nearby tree and looked over at the rabbit boy his mind connecting to his while it still was connected to the angels though the two conversations were separated ' I wonder human are you as innocent as you seem, or is this all just a facade that you are putting on.'

Ah. I apologize. One moment. Eva closed her eyes. There was a click, and her emotion power was shut off. Her eyes opened again. You're a Soul Lanchrono. There are many like you, 'mute'. I know all of this because I never left Father's side. Lanris looked over, startled. He wasn't used to telepathy. "I don't try to be innocent. Nor do I pretend. What you see, whatever you are, is what I am," he said.

Rain looked down.

Do you think you could help me, Eva?

But the other Angel had already turned her attention on the others. A fleeting form caught her eye. The wolf Lanchrono. Raven's eyes met hers. Rain tightened her grip on her sword. A small flame of anger flared up, but it quickly snuffed itself out.

The angel's lifeless eyes unnerved Raven. Her jowels pulled back in a silent snarl. What did Eva know? She thought she was all high and mighty just because she was the first and favorite. Her skin rippled in mock anger.

((...No, she just knows a lot of things because she watched Ivon make them.

I'm gonna go have tea with Ivon now. He isn't actually that old. He's only, like, 38.

If you want to join, we're in the OOC.))

Eva looked over at Rain. Then a glint of light caught her eye; Eleven others had joined the garnet shine. Eva sighed, closing her eyes. Then they opened, now blood red. Her feathers turned black and they shot at the twelve lights. When the feathers grew back, they were white, and her eyes were normal. Twelve forms appeared, each looking humanoid... But all were mechanical. And their energy was different. Much different. Eva watched as the twelve Marionette Lanchronos fled, faster then any other Lanchrono could hope to become.

Salamander nodded to the human 'good answer.' He tilted his head as the 12 other figures disappeared. He tried to search for their emotions or thoughts but found none as they seemed to simply appear then disappear.

((You don't wanna know. *evil laugh*

It's in the OOC, under Clockwork Puppet at the bottom. Garnet's been following Eva.))

Eva was silent. "...As much as I'd love to stay, I have to track down those twelve." As soon as she finished saying that, she left the clearing, running after them. The wind was fighting her, so she had to fold her wings. She saw a garnet glint up ahead and realized... It wasn't moving. She stopped, and slowly, cautiously approached.

Lanris watched. He did nothing but watch. What was the use of anything else? He then realized there was a chance of running away right now. He slowly backed away, then sped to a run, turning around and using his rabbit half to speed up.

((They're the completed Marionettes. They have emotions and I've claimed all twelve. Their emotions cannot be sensed and they're my way of bringing back two-year-old characters, and finally giving them backstories.))

(((What time period is this? I already have a character but this might not work with your rp.)))

((...Time period? Hmm... Give me a moment.

...Dunno. It's a mix; It has advanced technology, but the towns look older then most. Like, it looks something like this, but... Hmm...

Does that answer your question, or just confuse you more?))

(((Confuse me more. Are we talking about 1980's? Early 2000's? 1845? My character already has a complete timeline that I can write about. I'm trying to find out if this rp fits in her timeline.)))

((...Hmm. Maybe around the end of the twentieth century. So, around 1998, probably.))

Rain turned away from the group. Her help was no longer needed. She moved through the forest like a ghost. But a shadow was following close behind her. Rai of course, knew she was being followed. Raven's dark thoughts were powerful enough that she didn't even need to go looking for them for her to locate Raven. Once she reached another clearing, she stopped. Another vision threatened to overwhelm her. Light exploded behind her eyes. Stop, no, not here. She could already tell that it was a bad one. Stop! She clutched her head. Artificial pain buzzed throughout her body.

A small child was playing happily under the sun. Joy coursed through him, and made his stomach turn, in a good way. His father was brining home ice cream! The happiness ebbed away as the world fell silent around him. He looked up, a jolt of fear dancing across his nerves. Something was wrong. He could feel eyes boring into him, but could not see what it was. A wail passed his lips as he struggled to his feet. He tottered unsteadily towards the house.

But he never made it.

A flash of black, and the child was gone. Fear and pain overwhelmed his senses. Something had dug it's teeth into the back if his neck, and now carried him effortlessly deep into the forest. He cried and screamed. Petrified. He was tossed to the ground, and then leapt on. Teeth tore skin. Sadness. Pain. Fear.

Rain dropped to her knees, panting. Her 'heart' thrummed in her chest. Her skin was cold and clammy. She'd been there. She had felt everything; seem through the boy's eyes. Rain raised her hand to the back of her neck. The skin throbbed where the teeth had dug into her skin.

Raven tilted her head. What was wrong with the girl? With a snarl, Raven charged forward and leapt at Rain. She didn't like her. Raven felt threatened by her, so she was going to dispatch the threat. She felt no resistance. When they fought back, it made it more fun. The wolf was disappointed. You're a monster. The wolf twitched; the angel had been in her head. What did she see? Of all things, you went for the innocent kid. Cold-blooded. Ah, so she was talking about that. The kid was the son of one of the men that hunted me, she snarled, a mix of electronics and natural vocalization.

Rain drew her sword and slashed at Raven. The wolf was nimble, and leapt back easily. Another snarl tore from her throat. She pushed herself up, and was on her feet, staring down the wolf. Moving gracefully, she stepped forward and brought the blade down. It struck the dirt where Raven had been standing seconds before. The animal Lanchrono had an advantage. She was outfitted with more modern softaware. As well as her model served as protection, and she was chipped with God knows what software that could calculate her next move, and provide a counter-strike. You're pretty slow for being an Angel Lanchrono. Rain reached into Raven's mind, and threaded through her thoughts. Moving forward again, Rain swung. Raven was going to jump to the right her next strike. Rain's sword met with Raven's body. It split the skin, and the wolf howled in pain. And then, she disapeared. She can manipulate shadows. Rain's grip tightened on her sword.

As soon as Eva entered the clearing, it felt like something surrounded her. No one would be able to sense them. Amethyst's power. But then where were they?

All she saw was a single doll, sitting in the middle. Garnet. The doll's eyes opened- Red and glowing. Two black dragon wings spread from her back. "It's been a while, Eva." Garnet spoke without emotion, and her expression didn't change. Her voice rose and dropped, but it sounded plain. "Indeed it has, Garnet." They were silent. Suddenly, Garnet stood up, closing her eyes as she did so. They opened as soon as she was standing. "Where are the rest?" Eva asked, curious. "They ran off. I had to speak to you." Eva blinked. Garnet never needed to speak to her. "Why are you lying to the Lanchronos?" Eva paused. "...They don't need to know the truth. Especially not about you." Garnet nodded, but her eyes... They turned green. "...Do they know anything?" "No. Father made sure not even Model 1-" Garnet's eyes turned white for a split second before turning red again. Eva fell silent. "She's called Rain." "Oh. Not even Rain knows." Garnet nodded, then turned away. Her movements were smooth, and quick. "Make sure to keep it that way, then." Eva was confused; Her mechanical mind had problems figuring out why Garnet wanted her to keep it a secret now. But too late; Garnet lifted into the sky and flew away. The feeling of being surrounded vanished, and her presence could be sensed again.

While watching the group, twelve Marionettes appeared and then fled. Seeing Eva go after them, Mystiyu became curious. "Eva, she's the first Lanchrono...." he thought to himself. Wanting to not be seen, Mist ran, following Eva, towards what he saw ahead. Once she entered a clearing, he stopped and hid, watching carefully. Eva seemed to talking to a Lanchrono who was in the middle of the clearing. After a moment or two, the mystery Lanchrono flew up and away.

Mystiyu could not hear much, due to the distance between him and the other two. The most he heard was something about the Lanchronos being lied to, and something about 'Model 1', whoever or whatever that is. "Is there something about Lanchronos only Eva and the twelve others know about? She ran after them, and talked with one here, Eva must know about them. Hmmm......" Mystiyu thought.

(so basically, he followed her and eavesdropped on their conversation. wait, is that okay?)

((Yeah, it's perfectly fine~))

Eva closed her eyes and released some of her energy, creating a wave of confused emotions. Opening her eyes, she could now think clearly. "So, Garnet's gonna follow me, along with the rest of the Gemstone Marionettes. Great." Eva looked around. She didn't notice Mystiyu. Then she sat down and opened a small panel on her arm.

Inside were multiple memory cards. They weren't connected; The Lanchronos had a different way to store their memories. No, these were containing memories of another. Eya, she thought, pulling one out carefully. Model -0. And her sister.

She winced as the memory of what had happened rolled through her head. A fire. Screaming. "Eva! Run!" Wings. Then returning, and finding the burnt clockwork doll. The true second Lanchrono, who had protected Ivon. But Ivon... He was burnt. That was the day he died.

Eva and Eya; The two clockwork dolls, the two Lanchrono Angels that were never meant to be seperated. And they weren't. Not truly. Eva held her sister's memories, and some of her gears were switched to her sister's. It was what Eya had wanted.

Eva stood up. The movement was so sudden that her body turned stiff and she fell over. She sat up, then realized the memory chips had fallen out. Muttering a word Ivon often used instead of cursing- 'Khronokins'- she placed the one she held on her lap and cleaned out the dirt in the storage area in her arm. As soon as that was finished, she placed the memory chip from her lap into her arm, and began gathering the rest, worried they were damaged.

((Total Chobits reference. Not gonna lie.))

Salamander had seen people going their seperated pathways and he stood up letting out a small sigh. He teleported to a cave about 100 feet away though he did hear a quick thought a memory of someone saying ' Eva run' though he didn't understand from what or even when the memory was from. He knew better than to ask others about what he heard or saw though he was slightly worried about the sanity or well being of the other lanchrono he knew it best to stay away. The cave he was in had a recliner and a bed as well as a nightstand with various books that he had aquired. He took a seat and began to reed a fiction called Fable Haven to distract his mind.

But I can fly... Her wings spread with a soft swoosh. She snapped them down, and sailed up into the air. Raven appeared soon after, but she was only a ack smudge on the lush landscape below her. The sky darkened, and thunder rumbled. Was that a small smile? Rain had been waiting to brew up a storm. Lightning crackled overhead, creating a dramatic effect.

Oh censorkip.gif . The wolf began to run. She knew that one bolt of lightning, could fry her system, and cause permanent damage. Oh crap. Oh crap. Shouldn't have messed with her.

(((Where are they? don't say the forest, I mean what country)))

Elfte stepped off the greyhound bus and squinted against the sunlight. She had fallen asleep for most of the trip across the country and her battery was completely charged. Good, she would need all the power she could muster to get done what she needed to get done. First off was she had someone to meet. A dial tone sounded in her head as she rang up the guy she talked to online a few days ago. She raised her thumb to her ear and spoke into her pinky.

"Hello?"

"Hi, this is Elfte, We spoke about meeting up?"

"Oh censorkip.gif, you are actually coming?!?"

"Well of course, we agreed on the message board"

"And you're...you're really an android?"

"Yeah. Thought we went over this already"

"....fine. I'll do what we agreed"

"Thanks, see you in an hour"

She hung up and dropped her hand. That was a garage inventor she had met online. He said that he might have a way to allow her vision to zoom like a sniper's scope. Even though his method is experimental, the FBI was paying him enough to persuade him to make in operational. He described it as a "Micro HD camera with interchangeable lenses. Like having binoculars in her own head. It was a pretty useless upgrade but Elfte didn't care, all progress was good progress after all.

((...The forest. Um, I have no idea, again. Only place I know that much about is Canada(No duh, I live there). So... Canada? This is more of a completely-different-world, or at least, when it comes to some things. Pretty sure Canada didn't have robots back then.

Well, we do have lots of forests...))

((YOU'RE CANADIAN (that explains why you're so nice! Just kidding. But you are really nice.)?! ARE THERE WOLVES? IS EVEYONE REALLY NICE THERE LIKE THE INTERNET SAYS? ARE THERE WOLVES? IS IT COLD? DO YOU PUT MAPLE SYRUP ON EVERYTHING?

Ahem. Well, Rain is causing chaos. This should be interesting...))

((Yes, I'm Canadian. xd.png Thanks, also~ I will answer all your questions VIA message if you'd like.))

(( You're welcome. Thanks for the offer, but I was just kidding. smile.gif ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010