Nanashi

Clockwork Doll

Salamander smiled and rubbed the back of his head. It was a curious thing that she didn't seem to have anything in her mind that he could feel. 'My name is salamander for now my big questions are what is your name and you were trapped in a tower?'

"Turquoise Shatter Screen. Shatter for short. And I was locked in the tower because all remaining Marionettes were," she replied. His behavior was odd to her. But she was the youngest Gemstone Marionette. Therefore, also the youngest Lanchrono. And because of that, she didn't know much. Ivon had finished building her right when the fire hit. She was barely able to move, but the danger activated her. But it meant she knew little.

"I guess you don't see Marionettes ever day anymore." She smiled. It was easy to tell it was fake. GMs rarely showed true emotion. They had emotions, but... Again, they were Marionettes, designed not to show more emotions then the average Angel. "Any other questions?" she asked.

Elfte seemed to ping and cut off what the robot was saying, "Op! Got it!", she said happily, "Come on." Vents sprang open along her calf, ripping the artificial skin away. A burst of steam exploded from her legs and she was off, running towards the epicenter of the storm. She was so excited. In all her time being active, she had never met another android. Her Pa had built thirteen versions of Elfte's model but most of them were destroyed or lost. She had never met any of them.

Elf glide gracefully through the woods, the hiss of steam the only sound she made with every step. She could see some activity between the trees ahead of her and she pushed on faster. Only when the flash of fire happen were Elfte's safety alarms activated. Silent, blinking exclamation points warned her of potential dangers. She drove her feet into the soft ground and slid to a stop, her shoes ripping away from the forces involved. She zoomed in with her new upgrade and could make out two girls standing off against girl and a wolf. Elfte's instruments were telling her that the tall woman next to the wolf was emitting a signal that matched that o the storm. Somehow that girl was causing it. Elf crept towards the girl whipping the fire around, staying out of sight.

Mystiyu was surprised when Eva said that Diamond's a Gemstone Marionette. He thought she read his mind when he thought she's an Angel Lanchrono. Also, Mist was a little confused about Gemstone Marionette.

"A Gemstone Marionette? Is that new? I've never quite heard of it. I know about other kinds of Lanchrono...." he asked.

((I got Chobits out. xd.png Again.))

Ruby Mist followed, and noticed the faint touch. It was possible. They were waiting, which was odd. Death here is only a possibility, she thought. "Porcelain! Sapphire! Try not to 'kill' them. Ivon did say he wanted the Lanchronos to stop fighting. He didn't say to destroy more," she said. She moved slightly closer, and the fire moved to brush against her. Sapphire paused. There was no noise. No doubt; It was Ruby. "I don't plan on killing them." "Doesn't matter if you plan to or not. I can sense it." You can sense death, right, Mist? Porcelain asked quietly. She didn't realize that everyone in the clearing, and Elfte, could hear. "Correct. Right now, it's only a possibility."

"Of course you wouldn't know. Do you know about the Marionette Lanchronos? Designed to destroy Angel Lanchronos? We're the completed versions. Oldest is two years old. Ivon finished us before the... Fire. The rest were finished by another." Sanctus Espiritus spotted something. Suddenly, her hands moved like she was controlling a puppet. A small body rose. But what was wrong was the squirrel was dead. "We have feelings, and we're the most advanced. Well, one is stronger. But she's 'dead.' Eya was her name. Now she controls the tower that keeps Ivon alive. Sadly... She'll never wake up." The squirrel moved to Eva, filling the air with the scent of rotting flesh. Eva didn't bother hiding the fact she was annoyed. Diamond was the only one out of the GMs she couldn't stand. "They're new and were kept a secret because they had to heal. Twelve finished Marionettes. Not even the old Marionettes could stand a chance," Eva said, ignoring the dead squirrel.

((Diamond's freaking me out...))

Elf frowned as the rain picked up it's force. She reached behind her and grabbed the handle that ejected from the back of her neck. Pulling upwards, she unsheathed a black umbrella from inside her body. She rose to her feet and popped it open, enjoying the patter of raindrops on the nylon. She decided that if she came to meet other androids, she wasn't going to hide in the woods. But which one does she side with. One grouped seemed gearing for a fight and the other, well the other seemed equally as geared. Elf didn't want to get involved with either violent parties. She stepped out into the open and smiled warmly. She didn't say anything, she just wanted to observe. She noticed that Mist, the robot talking with her earlier moving towards the girls wrapped in fire. Maybe both parties were the bad guys. She thought, looking back a the wolf and the girl with wings. These androids seemed to be in some kind of war with each other.

Salamander was more curious now unsure of what a marionette was. He stretched and closed his eyes trying to think of anything marionette related. He wasn't able to find anything so he looked up as he spoke to her 'if you don't mind me asking what is different about a marionette? I am unable to remember anything about them. Also if you would like you are more than welcome to come in out of the rain.' Salamander really didn't like the rain though he could stand it. He was still very curious about all of what shatter was saying so after thinking he did have another few question. 'Were you made by Ivon before he died as well? If so then who trapped you if you don't mind me asking.'

Edited by voltage

Mystiyu listened closely as Diamond explained. Until he saw the small dead squirrel walk towards Eva. "I-is that dead?! And she's controlling it?!" Mist thought with fear on his face. "Oh, that's rather unfortunate. About Eya. I-i remembered that I need to be finding my master. Something happened to us a while ago, and we got separated. So I need to go...." he said. At the same time, he was slowly, carefully backing away from Diamond, frightened by her apparent ability to control dead bodies.

(can you blame him? you gave him the one with creepy powers to interact with, sea.)

Edited by cutiesonic

Rain looked to Raven. She now had another mission to carry out.

She had to find Eva, and then Ivon.

The angel eyes the three, and then opened her wings. I believe we're done here. With that, she flew back up, and disapeared into the gloom.

Raven faced the two GMs. Er... Well then... I'll be going now... She moved away, shadows reaching towards her to conceal her further. She really hoped they ignored the tidbit of her killing. It hadn't been the first though, or the last. Sometimes, she wished she could have passion. Fabricated or not.

((Maybe... They'll take her to Ivon so she can be fixed. Or... Detain her... Just thinking out loud.... OR MAYBE SHE WILL RIDE A GIANT LIGER INTO BATTLE AGAINST THE HUMANS AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD.))

((Heh. Diamond's gonna be more of a mistake. Her powers freak most people out.

Taking over the world is my job! D:< I mean. I don't have any plans for world domination.

I got tea... With catnip in it. No joke.))

Mist looked at Raven. "...Of course." A chill seemed to surround her and she looked up. A bird fell. She watched. There was an arrow through it's chest. "Ah. So that's what I felt." Mist's eyes seemed lifeless. Even more then before. She turned to Elfte as Porcelain and Sapphire left, and smiled as her eyes returned to normal. "Should we get going, then?" she asked.

Sapphire landed in the tower. "Ah. You're back." Sapphire seemed to growl and kicked the man in the head. "Ivon! Get some censorkip.gif sleep!" she yelled as the man clutched his head. "Ow, ow, okay!" he said, laughing. Sapphire turned away, annoyed.

Porcelain smiled, watching, and allowed the glass wings to vanish. It was normally like this in the tower. The rest were probably upstairs.

Shatter paused, thinking. "...Marionettes... We're the most advanced form of Lanchronos. Even better then Angels. Designed to destroy them. Gemstone Marionettes, however, aren't designed to destroy. We have emotions, unlike the normal Marionettes." She stepped inside. "Yes, Ivon made me. He made all twelve Gemstone Marionettes. And who locked me in... It's not a who. We had to be locked in. So I guess... Garnet Nova? We were locked in to help heal Ivon." She smiled her fake smile and looked outside.

"Ah. Why such a rush?" Diamond asked, releasing her hold on the dead squirrel. She looked over, pulling on strings only she could see, and a bird rose from behind him. Or, rather, the bones. The strings kept them together. "I could help." "Diamond Sanctus Espiritus, stop it. Now." Eva really wanted to break Diamond. But she couldn't.

Salamander sat down on the cave floor by the entrance way as he looked out into nature. He could tell it was a fake smile as he felt no joy behind. He believed his line of questions may have been a cause so he decided to move to a different topic if he could. 'Sorry i didn't mean to bring up anything sad or disturbing to you. So you have feelings? have you ever felt joy before? besides i didn't know there was something stronger than angels you must be amazingly strong.' He felt a slight amount of respect/envy for her though if she could sense emotions it would last less then a second before it was hidden again.

Mystiyu looked towards the bird skeleton and almost fell backwards in fright. "Sorry, Diamond, no thanks. I-i am very sure I can do it by myself. Now, bye!" Mystiyu said as he turned away and started to run from Diamond.

(If Diamond lets him go, he'll go toward Salamander.)

Elfte watched the other two robots run off and frowned, "Damn. I wanted to at least say hi", he said, kinda bummed. Her mood changed drastically when Mist asked if they should also take their leave, "Oh, can we go see Ivon now?", she asked, excited.

"Hmm? Ah, I'm not sad. Simply... Hmm... Well, right now... I feel nothing." Shatter watched the rain fall. "Joy... A bit. I can feel. Like most Lanchronos." She held her hand outside. Rain fell into it. True amusement appeared in her eyes. "I rarely leave the tower. I've seen rain once before... But only once." She hummed faintly, though it was kind of like a purr. Rain felt odd to her.

Diamond smiled, delighted that Mist was scared. "Ah! Finally, someone to play with!" she said with a light laugh. Though, she was talking to the bird skeleton. She released her grip on the 'strings' and opened her wings. Her body became transparent, like a ghost's. "I'm leaving now. Bye, Eva! Bye, Mist!" She took off, happy. Eva shook her head at Diamond. "That Lanchrono will one day drive everyone mad," she muttered.

"Of course." Mist smiled her odd, fake, hollow smile. Then she began to walk. Each step seemed to cause... Something. Like walking was disturbing the land. But actually, it was Eya's power, opening the door.

Elfte followed, her excitement practically tangible. In fact, to the right instruments, it was tangible. Area 51 had told her that there was always some kind of background hum on their deep space radiotelescope whenever Elfte was staying on the base. The interference with the ground that Mist was causing went by Elfte unnoticed. She did not have equipment that could detect magical energy.

Mist suddenly stopped. A clock tower appeared. Mist opened the door for Elfte. "I apologize; The tower has to be hidden in case someone gets curious," she said. Wiring ran along the building, all entering one room. "Ivon's on the top floor. The other Gemstone Marionettes might be, too," she said.

Salamander let out a soft chuckle of happy amusement at her innocence and amusement. He realized she wouldn't realize what he chuckled at so he made sure to try and explain it. 'This is the first time I saw another being similar to me feel something other than anger. I'm actually happy that I got to meet you shatter. Want to be friends? And the rai always had a weird feel to me I can't stay out in it too long that's why I'm inside here. I mean I could stay out in it but I really start to freak out if I'm in a downpour or any large amount of water too long.' After he finished speaking he took his mask and hat off revealing his hair and eyes to shatter if she looked. He was comfortable around her for some odd reason. He had only taken it off when he was alone before as he was self concious of how he looked and wanted it to be kept a mystery from most. He closed his eyes listening to her purring noise as he waited for her answer. the only noise from him was dirt moving as he drew a picture of a cheetah in it though it just looked like a big cat with dots, he knew what it was and that's all that mattered.

Elfte stopped abruptly as Mist did and looked up. A clock tower that seemingly appeared from thin air was looming against the grey sky. None of her instruments had detected any kind of structure as they approached. Where did it come from? She would analyze the phenomenon later, right now she wanted to talk the Ivon.

As soon as they entered the tower, Elf could already guess where the inventor was hiding. With a burst of steam, and Elf had already jumped up the first flight of stairs. Oh, she was going to get something cool out of this, she could feel it.that "Feeling" was just her probability drive but she just called it a gut feeling. She was suppose to be human after all. She looked back at Mist and smiled, a bit embarrassed, "Sorry, I get excited. Take me to your leader?"

((TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER!

Um. Sorry. Gotta go. See you tomorrow, probably. DS is dying. xd.png Again.))

Shatter looked over and smiled. "Of course!" she said. Her smile was real(though it was rare). The purring continued and she pulled her hand away, dumping the water from her hand outside.

Mist followed. The clock tower was invisible to anyone outside again. "It's okay." She quickly began walking upstairs.

((Lights are flashing, bye.))

Salamander stood up done with his picture. He picked up his mask and hat setting them on his bed before walking up besides shatter as he saw her smile and actually felt the emotion behind it though her emotions were hidden, for that split second he felt her emotion of joy and happiness. He went a little further from the cave entrance to where he had sticks gathered and he set the sticks on fire. The fire was relatively small and when it got to big he would put his hands over it and it would shrink. 'I appologize if you don't like fire but it calms me from the rain I was programmed to be able to control fire. From what I have found through others memories or thoughts is that it was a fire that injured or killed our creator whichever story is completely true. I wish I was there maybe I could have shrunk the fire or even absorbed it into myself and used it on something else.' Salamander made sure the fire would stay very small before offering the chair to shatter as it was close to her and a comfy place for her to watch the rain if she liked 'sit down and relax shatter no need to be at the exit ready to run the chair gives you a great view of nature around here as well.' He was unsure of how to talk to her or anything as it was the second time meeting another like himself but he was trying not to be offensive.

Elfte nodded and jumped up another flight of stairs. She loved her new jump modification. It over pressurizes the hydraulics in her legs with vaporized water, giving her a boost. She did this the whole way to the top.

She reached the door at the top of the stairs and hesitated at the knob. What if he was sleeping? How many of these Gemstone things were there? What if they were all in there? She pulled her hand away and looked at the wires running under the door. This has to be it she thought. He rapped on the door three times. Her porcelain knuckles hit hard against the wood.

Edited by padfoot

"Thank you. I'm used to fire- I'm programmed to be immune to it's effects. And... Well, I like fire." She moved to the chair and sat down, and opened her locket. Inside were only gears. But it was still something she treasured.

"...I don't mean to be rude, but if you don't mind me asking... Is there a reason you live in this cave? Most Lanchronos I see live in the city," she asked quietly, closing the small locket and looking at him.

"H-Huh? Oh. Come in," a man's voice yelled from the other side of the door. Someone suddenly pulled open the door, revealing what was inside.

Porcelain, Sapphire and Amethyst all were watching a man work. He had a short desk, so he was sitting on the ground, messing with metal. Garnet and Opal flew above, racing each other. Diamond sat by the wall, controlling a bird skeleton. Amber was currently 'sleeping'. Well, at least, she was in sleep mode. Actually, all the Gemstone Marionettes who weren't outside were in there, minus Garnet. It was slightly loud, but the guy seemed used to it and continued to work. "Ivon, I have a guest," Mist yelled over the noise. Ivon looked back, nearly knocking off his glasses. "Ah. Welcome to the clock tower." The wires all connected to various machines.

While he was running, Mystiyu thought he heard Diamond say bye to him. He stopped and looked back. All he saw was Eva, meaning Diamond's gone. "Thank goodness, that creepy Lanchrono is gone." he thought. Mist sat down and talked to himself. "I just need to calm down, that's all. She's gone.....Man, I was built to protect a human mostly against other humans. I rarely fought other Lanchronos, but even then, I had no problems. Never have thought such strange Lanchronos could exist. I need to watch my step....." he said while deeply thinking. Talking to himself helped Mist calm down.

(he hasn't gone that far, Eva could go to him, if she wants.)

She was right about one thing though, all of the gemstones were in the tower. Elf smiled when the young man turned away from his work to look at them. She crossed the room and wrapped the man in a hug like she did with all new people. She released him and held the man and arm's length, "Hi, my name is Elfte, but you can call me Elf", she said quickly, 'And I thought you would be older".

"I'm Ivon Victor Lanchro, maker of the Lanchronos," Ivon said, smiling. "Nice to meet you, Elf." Diamond watched, then moved the 'strings' to one hand. "He's older then he looks. I think he's around fourty. Or was it eighty?" she yelled. "Diamond!" someone yelled, and dive-bombed her. Garnet stood up. "You're no fun, Garnet." "Be nice to Ivon for once." Diamond sighed, then realized she had let go of the bird. Which was now a pile of bones, and the 'strings' were 'snapped'. She muttered something and sat down. Garnet took off again.

"What's that?" Mist asked suddenly, looking at the desk. A large human-shaped piece of metal was there, the 'stomach' open and wires everywhere. "A-Ah. Just something I'm working on," he said.

"She's probably the strangest so far." Eva stood there, watching Mist. "The rest don't control the dead." She didn't bother sitting down.