Nanashi

Clockwork Doll

Elfte knocked on the stained wooden door of the house of Philippe Kahn. A inventor from France that specializes in tiny cameras. A round man in that seemed to be in his thirties answered the door. Elfte smiled and gave the man a hug, "Hello Mr. Kahn. My name is Elfte, but you can call me Elf". The man looked at her in wonder after she stepped back, "You're....you're real."

"well of course I am", she said with a laugh, 'Are you ready to work on me?"

The plump man nodded in wonder, motioning for her to come in.

Elfte was reading a magazine with her leg crossed over the other. She had been practicing sitting like a human. The trick was to gently sway your foot. Staying still for long periods of time made humans uncomfortable. Philippe Kahn was sitting on a bar stool behind her working on the top of her head.

"You might go blind in one eye for a moment", he warned as her vision in her left eye went dark. Her system adapted and made her right eye her entire field of vision to cut out any blind spots. Mr. Kahn wiped the beads of sweat from her brow, "You truly are remarkable, Elfte" He said in awe, 'I have never seen an antomiton with such detail"

"Well I just got a complete update two years ago"

"And modifying you is so easy. I'm starting on the right eye now"

"That was part of my update. Infinite Modification. My hardware is adaptable to whatever stick to it"

After the French man was done, He gave Elfte a basic vision test.

"PQWBGTY"

She said quickly, reading off the tiny row of letters across the living room.

"Good, now the next line"

"Uh G? F? It's a little blurry"

"Ok hold on", there was a poke of a tiny screwdriver somewhere behind her eye units. The zoomed letters slowly became clear.

"Ok there. Perfect", Elf said with a growing smile.

"That'll do it missie", Kahn said, wiping the "Blood" from his fingers

The white, porcelain panels on Elfte's head closed up and she flipped the loose flaps of artificial skin back into place. Elfte massaged the seem and got the two halves to stick back together. They would slowly mend within the hour. She gave Philippe Kahn a grateful hug, "thank you so much, Philippe"

The man blushed slightly, "No problem Elfte. Let me walk you to the door"

The two new friends said their goodbye and Elf bounced down the stairs, "OH! Before I forget", Mr. Kahn called from his front door, "Have you heard of a man named Ivon Victor Lanchro?"

That name did not bring up any memories so she shook her head, 'No, Who is he"

"He is like your father. Built a bunch of robots much like yourself"

As the man spoke, Elfte was picking up a strong electrical disturbance and tuned into a certain radio frequency, 'I'll look him up"

"He is dead"

"Oh..."

The weather report on the radio didn't say anything about an electrical storm in the area. That didn't explain why there was a angry storm cloud drifting above a patch of woods. As she drew closer, she was picking up all sorts of strange signals. Her giger counter was clicking, her radar was showing a few distortion smudges on the readout. Even her satellite up link went dead from all the interference. She stepped into the forest to check it out.

Edited by padfoot

Lightning danced over the ground. Rain was mad. No, pissed. One of the sole emotions that could snuff out the majority of the other that always swamped her. Raven was grumbling under her breath and flighting through the trees to avoid the bolts of electricity that threatened to fry her. The Abel was whack. She had to figure something out, and quick.what was she to do? A wolf, on the ground, vs.... Wait. She could fly. The wolf slowed to a stop. Raven imitiated the (.)wing command. The space between her shoulders rippled. The pliable mesh material that made up most of her, could be prompted by a weak shocks to change to wings. With the help of a little bit of shadow manipulation, she was fully fledged and ready to fly. (.)Fly The wings began to move steadily. With a final shove off the ground, Raven was spiraling up towards Rain.

Rain had most defiantly, not been expecting Raven to fly. She didn't even understand how it was possible. So when the wolf latched onto her leg, she cried out with surprise and pain. Her wings faltered, and the Lanchrono was pulled back to earth. The storm still raged overhead, but now with little control. Rain brought her fist down on Raven's nose. The wolf's sensory inputs blossomed with pain. She released her grip with a snarl of pain.

((HA! Finished the Gemstone forms! In the OOC! I am PROUD! I also finished Ivon's form. I WIN, LAZINESS! Now, to slack off for the rest of the day.))

Someone watched Rain and Raven from the shadows. If they were seen, they would not be recognized. And their presence was hidden, anyways. But the Gemstone Marionette didn't mind.

Beside her stood another. Sapphire, she was called. And her own name? It was Peridot, or Porcelain. The two stood somewhat close, though Sapphire didn't notice. Why would she? On the other hand, Porcelain had noticed. She noticed everything Sapphire did. Odd, but... They were made with the ability to love, after all.

Sapphire suddenly turned. Porcelain looked over in slight surprise. Not like you'd notice. Time to go, Porce. Porcelain nodded and they walked away in silence.

(((Not sure what to do with Elft now. She can't break up the fight between Rain and Raven. Maybe throw one of your dozens' of Gemstones at her?)))

( I need interaction with someone otherwise I don't know what to do with salamander he is just sitting in a cave nearby that he calls home. Maybe he could find a gemstone marienette? Or maybe something can fine him but I have no clue.)

((My dozens...? I only have a dozen... I'll just chuck them everywhere. Ivon won't mind. I hope.

*grabs three cannons and three random Marionettes, loads them, and shoots them out* Be free, my characters! Be free!

Okay, most will have their gemstone as their color. Minus Pearl and Diamond, mainly.))

"...Someone lives here?" A girl looked into Salamander's cave, startled. She wore a odd locket around her neck, and a purple dress. Odd, when her name was Turquoise. Well, Turquoise Shatter Screen. Her feelings were hidden, and she wasn't using any of her powers. There was no use right now.

"Now, now! You shouldn't fight!" A girl with two dragon wings walked into the clearing, looking at Rain and Raven, and smiling. But there was a message in that smile- 'I'm going to kill you slowly and enjoy every second of it.' The energy around her was like a message not to mess with her. Well, until one girl grabbed her wing. Her smile vanished and her hair, eyes, and wings turned dark red. "Nova! Let me GO!" "No," Garnet said, dragging her 'twin' away.

"Looks like we'll have to take care of this." Sapphire walked out. Porcelain followed closely behind. A small glass shield appeared. Flame appeared, surrounding the two. They didn't hurt them. They didn't even leave a mark.

"Eva, you are aware that someone's watching, right?" Eva stood up, finally finished gathering the memory chips. "Why does that not surprise me?" "Because you're used to it." Diamond Sanctus Espiritus appeared behind Mist, smiling. "And, if I may ask, who are you?" she asked.

((Anyone else needing me to shoot some more?))

Edited by seacatsmew

Salamander had noticed a lot of noise outside 'This storm came quite suddenly' he thought to himself. When he stood and went to look outside he noticed a females head peaking into his home which made him curious as he never saw her before. He walked to the entrance way of his cave as he connected his mind to the new being's mind. Curiosity had taken over so it made him ignore his instinct to be careful as he spoke, 'Hello,what are you doing so far out here? are you lost it is storming out there.'

As Elfte drew closer and closer to the atmospheric disturbance, her EMP sensors were going haywire. At first, she was able to see clear electrical disturbances in various places in the forest. Now it was one big fuzzy mass as she entered the electromagnetic field generated by the storm. She switched to sonar. It wasn't very useful when she was surrounded by trees but it was better than nothing. Her Probability drive calculated that under all the tall cover, she had a .8% chance of being struck by lighting. Which was good news. Elf had never been struck by lighting and didn't want to see what would happen. She peered up into the sky and switched to infrared. She could see two heat signatures twisting towards the ground but couldn't make out the forms of the bodies. She switched back to her regular vision and continued on.

"Not at all." Her mind was basically blank. No emotions. "You're a Soul Lanchrono, correct? Or you know telepathy." Turquoise was slightly curious, but it didn't show. "I'm not bothered by the storm. I was exploring... or, rather, looking for someone. It seems Nova found her, however, so now I'm exploring. I don't leave the tower often," she said. "...May I ask your name?" she asked, tilting her head slightly to the right.

As they hit the ground, Rain bit back a scream. Raven had moved gracefully, going into a roll and her wings dissolving. The Lanchrono pulled her sword out, and held it at ready. The one girl, had gone unnoticed by the two, but as they were surrounded by three other girls, the Angel and wolf looked to each other.

Who are you? What is this? The wolf snarled electronically, baring her teeth.

((*loads another cannon and shoots another GM out* Go!))

Thud. Ruby Mist Bloom stood up, not seeming to notice the fact she was... In front of Elfte.

"Sapphire, model number -10, a Gemstone Marionette." ...P...Peridot Porcelain Gold, model number -9, a Gemstone Marionette. One of Sapphire's flames swirled around Peridot, and... Clung to her shield. It was clear Sapphire was made for offense and Peridot was made for defense.

(((Effective)))

Elfte rushed forward to help the girl that suddenly dropped in front of her, "Oh my god are you alright?", she asked, helping the girl to her feet, "Where did you even come from..." Elfte's sonar was telling her a strange story. The girl was deflecting her ultrasound in a rather familiar manner. Her eyes widened and an excited smile spread across her face, "Oh censorkip.gif! You're like me!", she exclaimed, wrapping the girl in a hug, "I have never seen another android before. I'm Elfte but you can call me Elf." She repeated her start up phrase. She said that phrase by default whenever she met somebody new. She always figured it could be worse, she could have been saying "happy Birthday" or something else stupid like that.

((HAPPY BIRTHDAY! xd.png ))

"A-Ah! Hello. I'm called Ruby Mist Bloom, but most call me Mist. Hmm?" Her senses felt a shot of electricity. She isn't a Marionette, Mist thought, recognizing the shock. It meant a few more things, too, but she wasn't told what the rest were. "I've only seen 12 others," she said. She seemed odd, since her voice would rise and drop, but she showed no other emotion. But she was a type of Marionette. She had feelings, but... "It's nice to meet you, Elfte." She smiled. It felt odd. She rarely smiled.

As soon as Mystiyu heard a voice, he turned around to see a Lanchrono. One he thought was an Angel Lanchrono. She had angelic wings, after all. "...Mystiyu. Or Mist. Who are you?" he asked.

(sorry, I know it's not much)

((It's fine.))

"Diamond Sanctus Espirius. Or Holy Spirit. Sanctus or Diamond work, too," she said. "...A Marionette," she then added, and Eva turned away, shaking her head. "Gemstone Marionette," Eva corrected.

"Twelve others? Really?", she asked, surprised, "Were you all built by the same person?". This Ivon guy sounded on par with Nikola back in the day. This android sounded different though. He voice was much more flat while Elf's sounded human, full of emotion and life. Even her smile struck her as "off". Oh well, no one is perfect after all. She glanced up at the angry sky, 'So any idea what's going on?", she asked about the weather, "I was picking up all sorts of strange things from this area. Came to investigate after a friend of mine told me about Ivon".

For once, Mist truly seemed shocked. "Ivon created us. Gemstone Marionettes, we're called. Of the Lanchronos. Our emotions are rarely seen, so we're more like puppets. But we still have emotions," she said. Then her emotions were hidden. "Hmm... Judging by the energy... This is a Lanchrono's ability. They're controlling the weather. Like how she could control time before she was locked in the tower." Mist paused, thinking about whoever it was. Her expression remained the same. "All twelve of were made by Ivon, though. Thirteen if you include me. Though, there were well over a thousand back then."

elfte nodded, not getting what the girl was saying. These dolls are doing all of this? she wondered, looking up at the swirling sky. and one of these things can control time? She made a note to do some research on this Ivon guy and all of his inventions. He might be able to modify Elf with some new gear. He must use "science shortcuts" to build his robots. She grinned and looked back at Mist, "Can we find who is doing this? I think I can pinpoint her location by mapping out the electromagnetic field of the storm. All of this energy has to have an epicenter", she said, starting the calculations in the background of her system.

The rain increased in it's force, but if they were GM, it would do little to the fire. But at least maybe decrease their visibility. Raven's tail flicked in anger. Leave us be! We were in the middle of something.

((So sorry, writer's block.))

((Chronokinesis~))

"Sure. You can try, but Sapphire and Porcelain should be dealing with them." Mist was in contact with their minds.

"Sorry, but Ivon said to stop you." Sapphire smiled, and the fire became whip-like and lashed out at Rain and Raven. Porcelain immediately focused and glass began to gather, the shield becoming bigger.

Ivon is dead, is he not? Was that not the exact words from Eva's mouth? Raven leapt to the side, the fire splitting her contact with Rain. It singed the metal. The feeling spread through her, the heat conducting easily through the metal.

Sisters, you are fools. She rolled away from Raven, popping up again. That thing has killed humans in cold blood! She must be decomishined! Traitor. I thought we were going to fight these things together.

Sapphire smiled again. "She promised him she wouldn't tell anyone. But he told us to tell." ...You aren't referring to her, are you? Porcelain seemed shocked that Rain referred to Raven as a thing.

Unfortunately, she is. Raven sighed, and shook her head. So he is alive then? I can finally ask him why... Why I was made this way. Maybe he could even fix me!

"Of course. She keeps him alive. He's injured by the fire that killed Eya, Eva's sister, and is still healing. He's either asleep or working on Lanchrono upgrade ideas," Sapphire said. Porcelain moved closer to Sapphire and tugged on her sleeve. Sapphire looked over. Using telepathy, they quickly discussed something. Then Porcelain moved away.