TJ09

2014-04-05 - Monthly Release Notice

I don't think it matters that much. The eggs always drop so steadily for the first 12-24 hours that there is always a good window for scooping some up no matter what time the release starts. The only regular release I've ever had a hard time with was the coppers, and that was an unlucky combination of the eggs being rare and me being out of town trying to catch them on a mobile phone. (I succeeded at catching the previous day's eggs on the mobile phone, for comparative purposes.)

Darn, i'll be asleep when this happens :/

I'll have to try and stay up for this, then.

Aw, I don't see a point to this- As stated they drop every hour anyhow for the whole day, and I'm more likely to be on at night than during the day.

thanks for the heads up but -facedesks- I'm a night owl man :|

It's pretty cool that it won't be at midnight, though I wish that it was moved to 4AM instead of 1PM, but oh well, more time sleeping. Good news is that we can all just take a nap until 1PM to click click click!

Lucky me. Any later than 1PM and I will not be able to even be on the computer.

Aww, well Criminitly. I told the kids they could stay up.

My son is DragonWavey and Zoe grabs for my scroll. Oh well, we'll adapt.

Aw - I'll be in work at that time and have to get them when I get home (though this could work to my advantage as the hype might have died down a little bit by 9pm...making it easier for me to get a 'true date' egg)

Ah well - we'll see how it goes

1pm tomorrow? Shouldn't be too hard for me... Unless I have my days really screwed up its Sunday.

Specifically, the new release will happen at 1 PM EST tomorrow.

...Eastern STANDARD Time or Eastern DAYLIGHT Time (which we're now on)?

Edited by JaneMcAsh

1pm...that's a little under 11 hours ago...2am?! Well, sucks to be me. I can't stay awake that long. Looks like I'm going to miss out on these ones. Can't say that I like this either :/ It was a good time before.

...Eastern STANDARD Time or Eastern DAYLIGHT Time (which we're now on)?

It's daylight currently. wink.gif

Eh, not a problem for me. I'm open to experimentation with times. tongue.gif Unfortunately, I am in a place with worse Internet speed for the weekend but I'll manage.

I'll miss the night releases. ;.; Thanks for the new eggies in advance!!!

Yeah now that I think about it unless its a holiday release there really is never any need to try and catch right away as the eggs drop for the next day and even more. Even if its a rare the ratios will take more than an hour to even out so it won't make too much of a difference. I just hope this doesn't effect how holiday drops and events go

AH DARN IT! *pouts* now it will be harder to get drops.......

I think the problem is that a LOT of people play this game as a night owl type thing.

We're all hanging out, looking through the forum, hanging out in the chat, feeling the anticipation cause it's just an hour away. Then . . . Fish Slap, we've got to wait till tomorrow in the middle of the day. After church, when everyone is going to be wanting to be fed and then I have to wash the dishes and put all the food away and . . . .

Middle of the day is not a happy time for me. I have all these people that want stuff.

so, right when i'll actually be sleeping. i'm in the same timezone as dc and i disapprove of this.

Pardon ? 1 pm is lunch time, dc time.

Thanks for this, TJ - maybe vary the times if people mind, so those who love it (like me !) get a chance to hunt at a time they like, and the midnight fans can do the same. When I am in the UK it was 5 am last time - NOT fun.

But this is an international site. There will be others asleep instead !

At least I don't have to stay up later tonight! lol

I hope it won't cause too much of a struggle for everyone though.

Ah well.

I think the problem is that a LOT of people play this game as a night owl type thing.

We're all hanging out, looking through the forum, hanging out in the chat, feeling the anticipation cause it's just an hour away. Then . . . Fish Slap, we've got to wait till tomorrow in the middle of the day. After church, when everyone is going to be wanting to be fed and then I have to wash the dishes and put all the food away and . . . .

Middle of the day is not a happy time for me. I have all these people that want stuff.

I have to agree, I do play this game as a night thing. Either way, I guess it is TJ's site so he can make the choices he finds is best for the site.

Maybe it should start at midnight Greenwich time (Zulu).

That would be cool? Then it would already be happening and you could start dropping . . . now.

Pardon ? 1 pm is lunch time, dc time.

Thanks for this, TJ - maybe vary the times if people mind, so those who love it (like me !) get a chance to hunt at a time they like, and the midnight fans can do the same. When I am in the UK it was 5 am last time - NOT fun.

But this is an international site. There will be others asleep instead !

Yeah, but there are people who work night shifts or have other reasons for being asleep at 1PM.

looks like i wont be able to get any because at 1pm (i am on the same time as dc) i wont be near my computer...i actually liked the midnight drops...

oh well guess i might be able to get one or two somehow sad.gif

I like midnight release. My time is already booked for 1pm. The next few day will be crazy. I was counting on midnight release because that is my free time. sad.gif

It's daylight currently. wink.gif

I know that, but TJ's post says EST not EDT.