TJ09

2014-04-05 - Monthly Release Notice

Oh, I don't like this change at all sad.gif

At midnight I can try to be here, even if I'm a little sleepy and my reflexes suffer from it.

In the middle of the day in a Sunday? I cant' be here at all, so I guess I'll miss this and future releases too if this schedule stays sad.gif

If non-rares are released that isn't a big deal as there's always a chance later, but with rares... ugh. (It took me months to get my first Trio and I'm still trying to catch a second Green Copper to influence male, since I only managed to catch one during the original release)

Ooh, this'll be fun! THANK YOU BAWSMAN!

Well this is annoying. 1PM EST cuts it awful close with kids and a school day. Why can't it be during a Friday or Saturday afternoon? That way it doesn't interfere with work or school?

Grrr.

If it is a 24 hour drop, there should be no problems. I work on Sundays and it makes it difficult if I only have my iPad during my lunch break.

Yes,I'd like a 24 -hour drop,or it will be a bit diffcult for me to get enough new dragons.

liked it at midnight. most of the time i am awake then. very rarely awake during the day cuz i work nights. actually set my alarm to make sure i was here now. needless to say i'm disappointed but i'm saying it anyway.

changes to the stated 'norm' should be communicated at least 24 hours in advance of the change, so that everyone has a chance to see it in the forum. i had been in the forum on and off all day before this post, but not after.

Edited by spring_dragon

If the release is a straight 24 hour drop it won't be too awful (just annoying, since 1PM on Sunday is still inconvenient to many people, even those on DC time), but these changes really need to be communicated more than a few hours before you make the change. A lot of people were staying up late for this, and they could have gone to bed much earlier had this been communicated sooner.

Not a fan either, I must say. For me, "midnight" means early in the morning and I always rather liked starting my day this way. Especially on Sundays I usually have other things to do during the day.

Its always 9PM for me when a release happens :> i like being able to end my day with new dragons and then take care of them once I wake up.

This will be fun, if not a little difficult.

Hmmm, came on at 5am (which is when the drops would start, here in the UK), and wondered why there was no release. ninja.gif

So it's now dropping at 6pm here. I'll be back. cool.gif

you're still probably get your eggs one way or another.

I'll just leave this here.

In case we've forgotten... y'know Blusangs and coppers which dropped for a whole 24 hours only they only fully dropped straight for something like 3 hours straight. And then the infamous mixing in set in.

Full 24 hours - not problematic.

3 hours of straight dropping - problematic.

Edited by DarkEternity

Lots of people will be at church, and eating out afterwards.

It would be nice if the new release drops were at least a solid drops of new eggs for 24 hrs, like it used to be. Mixing in other eggs after only a few hours is just making it more difficult and less fun for many players.

So I fly out of bed and down the stairs at ten past midnight, having forgotten about the release, and I find this? Kinda wish this notice had been posted earlier.

I don't think this is going to work out for most people. It may be convenient for some, but as for the rest, not so much.

Ugh really? Go through and poll the responses and see how people like it. I, like most others, prefer the usual midnight drops. I work tomorrow! sad.gif

It would be nice if the new release drops were at least a solid drops of new eggs for 24 hrs, like it used to be. Mixing in other eggs after only a few hours is just making it more difficult and less fun for many players.

That's how it was for the most recent release, so hopefully he'll stay the course for that one. Sooo much less stressful.

So wait...

The drop time is moving to the middle of the day when MORE people are on, even when the site tends to crash at night when there are new releases? Not to mention the lag time. Sure... that's going to make things so much easier to get eggs.

It's lovely that I planned to be somewhere during the day since I didn't figure that I'd need to be here to try and get the new eggs because with luck I would have already gotten them. It's even better is that my good computer decided to take a long walk off a short pier and now I'm on a old, slow clunker that would be better off being used as a boat anchor. I guess I'd better count on being able to grab new eggs in trades because the likelihood of getting any out of the caves are clearly dwindling.

Oh and yes, a heads up to the change would have been very much appreciated. dry.gif

What time will it be at in PST?

PST is 3 hours behind EST, right? Then probably it'll drop at 9 or 10 AM...

But you might want to find out for yourself unless you want to take my total word for it. I'm one hour behind EST, and Pacific is 2 hours behind me (amirite?) so...

Edited by Kira-san

I'd merely like to put it out there that if you do this at a time when MORE people are on, then more people are going to have more trouble catching the eggs and have more frustrated people.

I think everyone that's on at 12AM is having enough trouble catching eggs, especially people with less connection. It doesn't matter if this is open for 24 hours, what matters is that some people sleep(unlike me and the rest of the insomniacs) and also have things going on especially on sunday during the day. You set people into a schedule at 12AM first Sunday of the month, it should stay that way or we should be notified a long bit of time in advance, say... a week or two after the last release, so we have time to set up alarms and prepare. If it's at 1PM cave time, then it's at 1AM across the world, people are sleeping then too... we have Members from across the world.

I apologize for not sounding appreciative, i absolutely love this game in every way, but i'm a person of set habit... I was very excited and now i'm very disappointed, at least in the fact that this was said last minute.

I try to just go with the flow, but since you are trying something new, I assume you want honest feedback. So as a mom with small kids and family obligations, this time (mid day) is actually very hard for me. At midnight, my time is my own, but at 1pm, I belong to the kids lol. If you are taking a poll I vote for midnight...

I'm in the same boat. Midnight works so much better for me because I don't fell guilty for getting on the computer as my toddler and school-aged child are both asleep and my husband is at work.

People have been asking for varied release times so that more people have a chance at first-drop eggs longer than I've been on the site. Now that TJ's being nice and doing it, people are upset? Guess it's true what they say--can't please everybody.

Just wanted to add that TJ is trying out if the new time is better for more people...

On the other hand... anyone ever thought about TJ having to stay up well into the night to observe the release?

And that the new time might fit better into his RL planning?

This be me!!! At Church, and doing the Sunday Lunch thing at Church...oh well.

I guess in the end if this is our biggest concern at this point life is good. We could all have had loved one die in the Fort Hood Shootings, Die on that missing airliner, Die in the mudslide in Washington, or one of the thousand of other life changing events that happen in the world at any given point in time.

As an EMT I always say: If nobody died, it was a good day.

Nobody died b/c of a late drop...so, it was a good day.

Ahaha! 1PM tomorrow... right when I go into work!

Good luck hunting everyone! I'll take my chances when I get home! tongue.gif

Midnight is kind of late for folks who do have to get up in the morning. I've got something scheduled during the day but am interested to try catching after the different release time.

So wait...

The drop time is moving to the middle of the day when MORE people are on, even when the site tends to crash at night when there are new releases? Not to mention the lag time. Sure... that's going to make things so much easier to get eggs.

Oh gosh 0^0; I didn't even THINK about the lag! ohmy.gif That's gonna totally DESTROY my laptop (unlesssss I'm VERY lucky or something happens >.>;)!