TJ09

2014-04-05 - Monthly Release Notice

Dang. Midnight is better, because I can always stay up. But during the day... well that's another story. I won't even be at home at 1pm tomorrow. sad.gif

You guys are kind of over reacting. TJ is just trying out something new, if it doesn't work out he won't leave it. I wish people would wait till the change has actually taken place before they start complaining about it. TJ does a lot of work on this site and I like to think he deserves the ability to sleep in himself and try out something new without getting people calling him illogical. Look everytime people complain like that in a way that is borderline rude, other players get hurt. Just wait for it to actually happen and then give your respectful criticisms. Please don't be rude.

I don't see it as an over reaction when it's to something that is thrown at you at the least minute, basically. Plus, many have other commitments and know that this switch won't work for them. I work every Sunday from noon to six, so that cuts me out of the first six hours of a new release and will make it much more difficult to play catch up. That's a fact, not an opinion.

Personally, if TJ has other commitments and can't make it to run a release, I would rather see it postponed until next week and our normally scheduled time so everyone is on the same page. Releases have taken place at midnight for years. Maybe people who are not on the forums will have figured out that pattern. I did. Switching to a midday release will cause confusion for those folks.

Sorry but i don't like the idea, i am never home on Sundays during the day... and my insomnia is absolutely wonderful for midnight releases *sigh*

I don't like it.

xd.png dddaaarn now the release doesn't happen on my birthday....

xd.png now it's going to happen during my breakfast with my grandma

Edited by 626lavaheart

TJ I STAY UP FOR THIS EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT *sobs*

Nah it's cool. At least it's EST. And I stay up late every night anyway, whoops.

Thanks for taking different parts of the userbase into consideration!

ETA: Though I will add that I'm not sure how it will end up.

Midnights do work best for me personally. For some people, midnights don't. I'm just going to wait until everything unfolds before making a solid decision on whether or not I like this.

Part of me is thinking I will prefer midnights, but that's mostly for my own comfort! It's easier for me to catch things at that time than at 1pm, since I'm out doing generic teenager things at that time.

Edited by birdzgoboom

Aww, for once I was prepared for the midnight drop and now its moved to day time when I can't really be online.

Hope he keeps the midnight drop after this.

I wish I had seen this 2 hours ago, I would have went to bed sad.gif

Thank you for the post though, now I wont be wondering why there was no drop yet.

lovely.. I'll miss out on the release because I'll be at work. sad.gif

I prefer midnight releases because they are easier to catch even though it means staying up pretty damn late. If I have to wait until hours later then the regular eggs have already started mixing in it'll be extremely hard to catch anything. All the CB blusangs I have were traded for (expensively so) because I wasn't able to get online for that particular release. It's been months and I still have not been able to ever catch one of my own in the cave.

Will be interesting to see how this works. For me, the midnight release wasn't all that bad, 3 hours behind. Tomorrow I beat will be laggy.... A lot. Oh well see you all then.

Ooo interesting idea there! Not sure how it'll turn out, but I guess you never know unless you experiment a bit (unless this has been done before?).

Well~ 12 PM for me~ so I guess it's not too horrible! =) I wonder if I'll even make it since I'm prob gonna be doing stuff tomorrow bleck >>;

Sounds interesting, I was expecting the release at midnight too but during the day sounds good also.

On crap. Might not be able to make this drop. Right in the middle of my busy time. D:

Wish I had seen this post before. I just woke up xd.png

I don't care when the drops are but a little more notice would have been very appreciated.

I liked it better when it was at midnight. I'm on the same time as the cave & the midnight drops worked well. Sundays, I have other obligations at that time & by the time I'm home to grab anything new, the cave will be congested.

damn the one weekend I'm away, did I miss one? or has it not happened yet.

I'm no too phased about reslease times except to say that as they already were, the other half of the world (eg the half that is NOT the US) had half a chance to get in and out with their new eggs before the servers melt under the strain of the countless awaking americans vying for the same 3 eggs on a web page

Wonder what colour these ones are. I need more orange hues lol

I don't think it matters that much. The eggs always drop so steadily for the first 12-24 hours that there is always a good window for scooping some up no matter what time the release starts. The only regular release I've ever had a hard time with was the coppers, and that was an unlucky combination of the eggs being rare and me being out of town trying to catch them on a mobile phone. (I succeeded at catching the previous day's eggs on the mobile phone, for comparative purposes.)

If it is a 24 hour drop, there should be no problems. I work on Sundays and it makes it difficult if I only have my iPad during my lunch break.

EST????

EST????

Currently we are in EDT, Daylight Savings Time happened weeks ago!!!

Does that mean that the actual drop occurs at noon DC Time?

I am one who prefers the midnight time, as I'm watching the Adult Swim anime block (specifically Bleach) at midnight biggrin.gif

It is cool you are trying something new, but i personally prefer midnight drops. School is rather hectic at times, thus my days are for studying. But I do want to see how this will play out :3

much annoy. very drama.

you're still probably get your eggs one way or another. tj didn't say it was gonna be permanent. just take a chill pill.

My alarm just woke me at 5:45 - for this?

Hinestly, you need to put that kind of information out there at least 1 day before the fact.

That aside: moving the release 13 hours - while I don't have a personal opinion on that, it moves the release out of the sunday for many, which can not be a good thing at all.

This. Such changes and cancellations really do need to be communicated earlier. It is really cruddy to find out about them at 5:45am on a Sunday morning. That being said, I really prefer waking up at the crack of dawn once a month, grabbing my eggs and then getting on with family Sunday obligations. The new time slot is going to be wildly inconvenient.