polos1993

1x2-3? {Full}

{I really don't want to go over bored with Amanda so.}

Amanda fainted from the site of the donphan. Her memory was returning to her, but doing so left her body shacking as it appears she's sleeping. She then remembered why she didn't want to go back at all.

[Ah lol - I was thinking it was funny as Amanda Tapping/Samantha Carter. But the name similarity could be .... interesting.

Is assuming some of Kadaen's dream whimpering slips out into reality.]

Opal's side got slightly warmer as Kadaen curled closer, she didn't even wake up - all she did was curl closer to the warmth.

Her ear flicked as a faint sad noise crept into her sleeping consciousness, and without waking she instinctively put a paw over her companion. As if a hug would make it all better.

She settled back into her own dream state, her mind was drifting about playing with shadows.

The next noise was much louder and she couldn't ignore it. It sounded like a very large pokemon was going round breaking branches and crushing leaves.

That brought her fully awake.... and aware that she was sort of hugging someone she'd just met. A faint blush started to colour her cheeks.

Before any answer could be formed, a Donphan came rolling out of the forest into the red and blue dressed Zee.

Amanda fainted as Zee seemed to gain a metallic appearance after the knockback.

"Umm Rhapsody - that needs scaring off." Samantha said the first thing that sprang to mind. Which was his earlier offer of 'temporary pokemon bodyguard' til she got home.

Sam backed away from the Donphan - trying to get next to Amanda. An unconscious girl - potentially a Trainer - was not a good tactical position to be in.

One down makes the unit weaker.

Her thoughts seemed to be taking on a more hive-like tone as she moved.

[i'm thinking if Sam goes full 'Queen Bee' mode - she would likely see Amanda as a rival... not in a hostile sense, since they both have a common enemy in the lab grunts. But more in the 'I have to better than you' sense.]

((Rhapsody has blue hair))

He was going to say something along the lines of being a bit too not-teenagery to be called a boy, when a black and gray living wheel suddenly rolled out of nowhere and into 'Zee'. The Pokemon unrolled itself after the attack, pawing the ground like a bull right before its charge, tusks pointing at the paling kid.

And if that wasn't enough, Amanda chose that moment to straight out collapse.

"Oh fu-"

"BARK!!!"

"Umm Rhapsody - that needs scaring off."

"No sh*t, Sherlock," he spat out as Pooch begun to bark again. There was an injured kid, a fainted girl and another girl that didn't have any Pokemon, and his only Pokemon had a type disadvantage and wasn't even evolved. For a second, he seriously considered just sending it all to hell and getting out of there before biting more than he could chew, but then the Donphan lifted a paw and brought it hard on the ground, creating the shock wave of a Bulldoze attack.

He swore and quickly returned Pooch before she got hit with an OHKO. The shock wave expanded too quickly for anything else, shaking the ground and almost making him lose his balance.

"Wait... was that all?" he thought when the expected shock didn't come. A Pokemon attack on a human should have done way more than nearly throwing him to the ground; he barely even felt-

Of course. His ability in his other form was Levitate. And apparently it also acted up even when he didn't have wings.

Well now he couldn't back down from the challenge.

"Sam, get Amanda out of here!" he yelled as he ran towards the kid. If the two girls were gone, he could switch to his other form to fight. The kid wasn't an issue - android, Poke-hybrid, whatever it was was at least as weird as Rhapsody. He just hoped Sam was fast enough.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Four of them!" the Cipher thought, hidden, watching the scene before him. If he brought them all, he wasn't only getting a promotion, he'd get a full party. Giddy with anticipation, he pointed at the two girls that had been left isolated enough.

"Gardevoir, Psychic!"

Edited by Puredark006

{Alright sounds fair, and also I love stargate <3}

While Amanda passed out, she turned into her pokemon form, which was a Jolteon. {White hair represented the white collar Jolteon has.} She quickly recovered from her fainting as she growled at the Donphan. Sure okay her type was weaker than Donphan, but she was faster. She seemed to recover quickly, but that was because of how she was raised. If she couldn't do that, she would have been dead by now.

Electricity ran through her fur as she was hit by the psychic, and as she got hit, she used thunder at the Gardevoir.

Kadaen was just passed out as he slept.

((Whoops, fixed that. Also added another wry comment because Zee is the type for internal wry comments))

The Cipher grunt wasn't a particularly clever man. In fact, that's how he got into the business in the first place. Anyone could yell at their Pokemon to do things, and the organization paid pretty well. Not to mention the totally sick uniforms. But right now, he was having a few doubts about attacking a group of people with Pokemon abilities and at least human-level intelligence. Especially after that pink kid rolled to the side, raised a hand, and tipped his Donphan over, sending it slamming into the ground.

The Armor Pokemon trumpeted and cycled its legs, but couldn't get up again. It (Zee? Zee was a nice enough nickname, it might have to remember that for later) tried to stand up, but couldn't quite manage. Its glitching always got worse when it was injured, and right now quite a bit of its face (and quite possibly its brain) was just a jumbled mess of colourful pixels. Automated systems were repairing themselves already but it cu+/vQ==uldn't think straight what was hawqbvv73Cp++/vXg=

The grunt took a step back in alarm. This was something straight out of a science fiction movie and he didn't like it. "Donphan, get up, you...Gardevoir! Do something!"

[Yay - battle time!]

Samantha was nearly there when Amanda shifted to her Jolteon form.

The shockwave from the Bulldoze attack didn't faze her - she just seemed to be able to roll with the motion.

As the Gardevoir's psychic attack flowed over and through her mind, she managed to turn and glare at the gown-clad pokemon. The impact of the glare forcing more energy to be consumed. (Ability: Pressure at work tongue.gif)

Her brain cried out at the intrusion and an angry buzzing sound responded. From the nearby trees, a cloud of Combees appeared.

This newly formed swarm buzzed around and formed a mobile dome around Samantha.

[inadvertent Guard Order usage...]

Opal noticed that Kadaen was still asleep, so she remained as still as possible, her ears moving as she listened out for the earlier noise. She was attempting to determine how far away it was and whether they were in immediate danger.

It sounded like a large battle was taking place. Though it was hard to pinpoint exactly where.

She curled herself closer to Kadaen, taking up a more defensive position, determined not to let anything harm her companion.

{I'm fine with pokemon having 2 abilities have both of them for that pokemon.}

Kadaen slowly wakes up as he heard the sounds. He was whimpering in his sleep though but that didn't matter, he heard the battle, and snuggled against Opal. He did keep his long ears open for locating where the sound came from.

{Didn't post for Amanda cause I don't want to say my thunder hit cause of chances to miss}

((Falkner, Clair, Wallace and Cress have blue hair too, and the Pokemon world is the one with Miror B's awesome afro. So Rhapsody isn't that weird xd.png

oh and linked some images to my first IC post))

Amanda was a spiky yellow dog, the kid's face was a bunch of colorful squares, and a swarm of frakin angry bees had come out of frakin nowhere to shield Sam. If Rhapsody had been normal, he'd have just yelled "that's it, now I know I'm dreaming" and walked away.

As it was, he just put two and two together and assumed that whatever he was, those three were too. Which meant he could do whatever he wanted and no one would call the cops on him.

The Cipher grunt was starting to panic now, shouting onto some weird flashy-looking bracelet that was apparently a communication device. "Cipher Peon Lesar, reporting! Jolteon, Vespiquen, Hydreigon, Porygon-Z located and engaged! Requesting back-up! I repeat, requesting back-up!"

He then yelped when a carefully aimed Dragon Pulse hit the bracelet and made it explode.

"Guys, we need to get the hell out of here!" Rhasody yelled, aiming another Dragon Pulse at the Donphan the kid was holding down.

((Maybe he contacted Pi's charries biggrin.gif))

[so Sam can have Pressure and the hidden ability of Unnerve? Guess the two do sort of go together especially if its based around her eyes....

The bees didn't really come from nowhere - they were just unobtrusive, minding their own business gathering nectar until Cipher showed up and hurt Sam.

But yes Sudden Swarms are funny - and its very apt, wild Vespiquen's don't actually fight themselves unless their swarm can't deal with the threat to the hive.]

From within the swarm of bees, Samantha agreed.

"That we do. We also need to be sure that this grunt is unable to follow us."

She narrowed her eyes as she considered the best method of achieving that. The Gardevoir would be the biggest problem - its psychic abilities could track them... but the grunt had issued a call for back up.

Which limited how long they had.... which may mean they'd need to think of a way to carry a glitching being away from the site too.

(will wait to see whether the Thunder hit (shall we roll percentage dice for miss chances?)/ Porygon-Z to reset before making another move.)

Opal's ears continued twitching in their location attempt. She became aware of Kadaen's closer snuggling, and his ears flicking as he picked up the battle noises.

She wasn't going to complain about the closeness - after all, she was a snuggler too and it would be very hypocritical if she complained.

((Rhapsody can carry Zee if someone gives him the idea

Also question: How many moves can we have? And are normal Pokemon restricted to four moves like the games or can they have more?))

((No see you only get impressive hair colours if you're a main character. It doesn't even have anything to do with genetics. Kids are born and then their parents are just like "oh dang he's got blue hair he's a protagonist honey". And then they get charged sky high rates for insurance forever.))

"Maybe we could develop an effective way to remotely track them. Of course, unsteady genetic makeups aren't immediate obvious to any non-intrusive scanners. None of them were chipped, even after my insistence..." Alex's communicator beeped. "Hang on." He turned it on, then reeled back as it delivered a frantic message from one of their grunts, which dissolved into static, then the high-pitched whine of broken electronics. He raised a finger and daintily shut it off again. "Well, I must say, these...grunts...are quick, if nothing else. I would've preferred to do this without directly engaging, but we'll take what we can. Got a trace on Lesar's location?"

People might think that, being a scientist and actually understanding what he said, Ferrel would have it easier, but it was quite the opposite. It just made him that much harder to ignore, and so she jumped at the chance to change the topic. "Yes. 33 degrees north of east, not far from us. Approached the target from...ooh, the direction opposite to ours." She grinned in a way reminiscent of a very pleased snake. "Shall we?"

"Might as well." Alex shrugged and dug out a Pokeball from his coat. "Sandslash."

"Druddigon!"

The two scientists, now with their Pokemon ready, ran through the trees, guided by a tiny map on one of their wrists.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

{Well I think it might be best to keep the four move limit, mainly it's easier to track.

Yeah percentage dice for miss chances sounds fair, anyone has them?}

"Lets get out of here, they're relatively close by," Kadaen said. He didn't honestly want to leave the snuggle though.

[i tend to use this site if I need random rolls:Dice roller]

Opal agreed,

"They do sound close." She glanced alongside her at Kadaen. "Though you do look comfy there - and I'd hate to disturb you."

Though if the battle came any nearer and they'd be trapped. Either in the hollow or dragged into it.

{Got a 92% It hits. Got power of thunder +1.5 due to Jolteon being an electric type. That has gotta hurt, plus Jolteon's high sp attack!}

The thunder hits the Gardevoir, then Amanda ran over to Zee. She tried to get under their arms so she could try to carry Zee inside her Jolteon form. She thought about it as a fast way of getting Zee out. She made sure that her spikes wouldn't hurt Zee.

Edited by polos1993

((Yes exactly like that))

It had decided that this was not a great first experience of humanity.

At some point during the battle, Amanda had transformed into a Jolteon(okay, that was definitely not supposed to happen. It's database was lacking but it would have mentioned something like this) and was now awkwardly trying to prop it up. It was glitching less now - its eyes were working, for one thing - but things didn't seem much better other than that. In fact, before it could think on the implications of another being who had Pokemon and human forms, a Sandslash tunnelled up from the ground and swiped viciously at Amanda.

"What do you know, there are four of them! Grouping up for better chances in a fight, too. Acting reasonable despite the memory loss. Quite excellent."

"Shut your mouth. Druddigon, Dragon Claw!" The dragon obeyed, roaring and lunging toward Rhapsody.

Amanda quickly moved away from the sandslash. She didn't like the idea of facing a ground type at all. She would just run now, but she had to get Zee. She doesn't want a single being back to where these guys came from. "Jolt!!!!!!" {Sam help!} Amanda said. She didn't know what move to do against Sandslash cause she doesn't remember her other moves at all.

{Note normal humans can't understand pokemon, but were-pokes can even inside human form.}

"Lets just go. Something's wrong here." Kadaen said. He couldn't shake the feeling that they needed to go NOW.

((Do we use a damage calculator?

Wait, they can? O_o Do I need to go back and translate everything Pooch was barking?))

For a second, it looked like they'd manage; the Donphan was weakened and still struggling against the kid's hold, Amanda had hit the Gardevoir, and the grunt had stopped giving orders in favor of doing some old-fashioned panicking. Even if the Cipher had been actively attacking, it was 4 vs 2, giving them the advantage. Rhapsody aimed a Dark Pulse at the Gardevoir, the only attacking Pokemon that could actually keep fighting, thinking it would just be a matter of time before they could just make a run for it.

And then a Sandslash popped out of the ground like it was part of a Whack-a-Mole game.

"What do you know, there are four of them! Grouping up for better chances in a fight, too. Acting reasonable despite the memory loss. Quite excellent."

"The heck?"he thought, trying to locate the voice. A second one spoke up, and Rhapsody barely had time to quickly switch forms before a blue spiky thing with a red head attacked him.

The switching helped, but not by much due to the attack's typing - instead of him being torn apart by the Pokemon's claws, his new body just seriously hurt. He swore while taking flight, black wings extending to keep him airborne as he tried not to be dizzy by seeing through three pairs of eyes. The Hydreigon growled, main mouth opening and unleashing a Dragon Pulse at the one that had attacked him.

Edited by Puredark006

{I just thought it would make since, but no you don't since I forgot that detail or no one has thought of it.}

((Well according to Pokemon Showdown's calculator a Thunder and a Dark Pulse together do approximately 80% of a Gardevoir's health (it's Pyschic/Fairy now so no weakness to Dark), ignoring levels, IVs/EVs, and nature. Gardevoir is hella bulky, it's not down yet.))

"You know, I don't think that one's mine. Is it a Porygon-Z?"

"We have more than you on the science team. Focus!" Ferrel's Druddigon tried to twist away, but the Dragon Pulse caught it in one wing and it howled. "Revenge!" Narrowing its eyes, the Druddigon jumped, aiming an uppercut at the now-transformed Hydreigon.

"Right, right. Aerial Ace on Vespiquen," Alex said lightly, hands somewhere in his pockets. Sandslash obeyed with an enthusiastic "slaaash!" and hacked at the barrier of Combees surrounding Sam, trying to get through to her.

Lesar, still hanging on to his hope for a promotion, jumped in. "Gardevoir, psychic! And get up, you! That kid's tired now!" His Pokemon obeyed, Donphan somewhat reluctantly as it tried to struggle to its feet.

[Heehee - evil Cipher ganging up. And I assumed that the human form weres could understand simple words/phrases from pokemon - bit like an empathic thing rather than true communication.]

"Right. It's a very bad plan to get caught up in a fight as big as that one sounds..." Opal nodded as she prepared to dash out of the hollow.

Of course, she wasn't about to leave Kadaen behind either.

Sam turned at Amanda's cry for help - to see a Sandslash squaring off against the female Jolteon.

She wasn't sure how much she could help, but then again she could at least split its attention. The Grunt's pokemon had been effectively dealt with - they couldn't do much with their Trainer panicking.

Hmmm, not a good idea to get rid of my defensive screen yet... A orangey glow appeared in the centre of her forehead, before expanding into a faceted ball.

This flew out from the bee-dome - the Combees parting to let it through then refilling the gap - towards the Sandslash. The impact should get noticed.

[Power Gem: 100% accurate, Rock-type move]

The attack the other dragon used was slow; Rhapsody didn't have time to evade it, but he could use another attack before it hit.

And if he was going down, he was taking as many things as he could with him.

With that in mind, he used his 'kill everything else' attack, a giant column of water rushing out of the ground before crashing down in the form of a Surf move intended to wash both humans and Pokemon away. The other dragon hit him in the right neck when he used that head to try to guard himself before being engulfed by the water, but that hit had been strong enough to send Rhapsody into a tree, branches breaking under his weight as his body transformed back into his human form due to the abuse. He and some of the broken branches fell to the ground with a thud, and he hissed as one of the tree remains fell on his injured arm. He tried standing up but his legs failed him, and all he could manage was to roll on his stomach to take his arm out of the rubble.

((Er, someone else please double check with the calculator, I think I got a weird result O_o (also Rhapsody's down)))

((I'm getting 15 percent-ish damage for a Hydreigon using Surf on a Druddigon? Why, what was weird?

Also I swear I planned these two's Pokemon in advance don't kill me))

The shield of bees parted for a second. Sandslash's eyes narrowed. This was its chance! It lunged forward - only to be knocked back by a barrage of rocks. It growled, but before it could stand up and try again, a wave of water slammed into it from the side, hurling it into a tree. "Saa...slash." It wobbled, trying to prop itself up...then collapsed. Both of Lesar's Pokemon fainted as well. The Cipher grunt mumbled something about that promotion, recalled both of them, and slunk off into the woods. Druddigon was almost completely fine, though, and roared in celebration of its victory over the other dragon.

A few meters away, Alex sat up and proceeded to have a coughing fit. His glasses were gone now and he was completely drenched, but he was still, as Ferrel would describe it, grinning like an idiot. He ran a hand through his hair and pulled a Pokeball out from his pocket. "Alright, come back, Sandslash. Didn't expect Surf on that one! Wow."

Ferrel had managed to throw out her Jellicent as the wave hit and was now sitting on top of the contented pink ghost jellyfish. "We're not done here, Feldspath. Don't you have another Pokemon?"

Alex waved a hand in a dismissive gesture (not quite in the right direction - he was half-blind right now). "Left Dragalge at home, sorry. Told you, I was hoping for a more peaceful approach."

"Tch. We're retreating for now, Druddigon." Druddigon seemed disappointed but made no attempt to dodge the recall beam. Jellicent made its way over to Alex, who rolled his eyes and grabbed onto one of its tentacles. "Dazzling Gleam." Jellicent suddenly pulsed with a brilliant light - and a few seconds later, they were gone.

Zee sat up with a groan, still sparking a little. "Unnn. What?"

((Everyone's half-dead now but you won! Yay.))

[yay! Also did Rhapsody forget Sam's little 'wardrobe dilemma' or was that Surf deliberate?]

The swarm took most of the incoming wave impact, but even they couldn't stop Rhapsody's last ditch attack.

Now Sam was sitting down - having been knocked off her feet, completely drenched and wearing a now transparent yellow-tinted nightgown. She didn't look that happy about it as she picked herself up.

"Great." She mumbled as Cipher made their exit under the cover of their remaining pokemon's blinding move.

The Combees - somewhat drunkenly - crawled under Sam's skirt. Though it didn't really hide them at all.

[silly Combees.... though Combees do live in a Vespiquen's 'hive-dress-thing' so close enough I guess? rolleyes.gif ]

((I was talking about the fact that that Surf killed everything ^^"

About Druddigon, Dragon Pulse took away 82 - 97.6% and Surf did 14.5 - 17.2% so there was a chance it fainted too - that's what I found weird

Also I swear the dress thing was unintentional))