polos1993

1x2-3? {Full}

Sid nodded at the clarification; if Ferrel had only used one or two of her Pokemon, that explained the result. He supposed another advantage was that the subjects fought as allies but decided their actions on their own, so having them as opponents was similar to fighting against four trainers. Less cooperation, but the speed of their decisions would be much higher than a single trainer controlling four Pokemon.

“Never said otherwise. But at least admit I’m good enough that you can’t let your guard down,” he commented as Ferrel stood up, interlacing his fingers together and stretching his arms with tightly closed eyes. Stifling a yawn, he checked that the data had been safely received. The chance of an error was so low it could be safely ignored, but he wasn’t comfortable unless it was a perfect 0%, which it never was.

Just as Ferrel was complaining about Feldspath, the man himself made an appearance, Pokeball in hand. Well, she seemed to care and Sid didn’t; he could always explain the situation and what he wanted to do, and as last resort, there were ways of getting Kise out without calling attention if needed. He didn't think it'd come to that, though, so the answer was clear. “I don’t see why not. I did offer to have that chat on our way,” he said, putting the communicator back in ‘passive’ mode and standing up.

“Before we go, though, there’s something I need to get. Could we stop by wherever the coffee dispenser is?”

((He totally goes to all the reunions with a coffee cup on hand, and the only reason he isn't late is because he does the responsible thing and sets out early

Also is it me or did Ferrel just call Sid by his nickname instead of ‘Dussander’ or even ‘Sidley’

I agree with any ship whatever they are you all have my support))

Amanda walked into dog boy's tail and had landed into the river. "Hey what was that for???????????????????????" She asked, as she walked out of the river, drenched in the water. "Or we can say he don't trust me much."

Kadaen woke up when he got into the water. He started to swim back to land. He really hated water, so it was probably a good thing since he doesn't like to take baths. Once he got to the water's edge, and out of it, he shook his body to get most of the water off of him.

{Going to post as a evil person next post.}

Edited by polos1993

It looked like Rhapsody had misjudged the location of Samantha's hovering form as his tail caught Amanda instead.

"I think he was aiming at me...." She answered Amanda's initial out burst, gliding closer to the river to offer a helping limb to the drenched duo.

Opal offered a helping paw too.

"Next stop, I'll make a drying fire." She said as she inadvertently got splashed by Kadaen's vigorous shaking.

((Ferrel is okay with nicknames as long as people don't catch her using them. People like Alex. Because it is already so very hard, not murdering him all the time.

Also sweet, more members for the Cipher party))

"Awesome!" Alex grinned widely and practically bounced on the spot. Ferrel rolled her eyes. He was probably already thinking about all the science he could spout at Dussander. At least that meant she could safely ignore him for a while.

"As for coffee...I'm not sure we have any here, actually." Alex shrugged. "I mean, I'm more of a tea guy, but this is kind of one of the backup bases. So there's basically nothing here. Until we get another lab set up near here, research is going to go pretty slowly too."

"Mhm. It's not exactly one of the places you frequent, Dussander, so don't be too surprised." Ferrel added, voice completely flat. "If we're done here, we should get going. It shouldn't take too long for someone to spot them and report in - we can get into position faster if we're outside."

-----

Zee shuddered. Water was... it didn't hurt it more than anything else might, but if it started glitching as well, bad things could happen. Even with the Surf earlier, it was pretty lucky it didn't short out and electrocute everyone. It didn't know how it knew that either - it was pretty intuitive but the way it remembered it seemed more like from experience than induction. Another thing for the folder. Maybe there were traces of its memories left somewhere accessible? If so, it couldn't read them directly. That was frustrating, but really the least of their problems right now.

"Yes, I can see the bridge from here, I think," it muttered, trying to focus its eye lenses. "We should hurry." It floated on ahead, looking back to check if everyone was following.

((Makes me wonder if she'd even lift a finger if Alex gets himself in trouble. Those two are so amusing together xd.png))

Rhapsody che'd when he hit Amanda, but he was pissed off at her too so he saw no need to be the slightest bit sorry, even when the Eevee had been dragged into the river too. At least pushing someone into the river helped a bit with his bad mood in the way only messing with people could do, although now Amanda had sort of the same problem Sam had before switching to her Vespiquen form.

If that was going to be a recurring problem, maybe they should get towels.

...Did he just assume they were going to be traveling together for a long period of time? Damn, he really needed that free healthcare, his injuries were messing with his mind.

"Just say I was traded or something, now let's get the crap outta this damn forest," he growled, going after Pooch and the kid.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you mean you don't have any," Sid half-muttered, more as a rhetorical question than out of a need for his companions to specify, rubbing his eyes again. Feldspath elaborated anyway, and Sid made a mental note to request something that dispensed caffeine to be installed as soon as possible. How was he supposed to be able to keep himself awake at night without it? He'd be a metaphorical zombie, and he couldn't work on anything mayor on that state.

Well, with Z023 gone and Sid away from his division he didn't have much to do anyway, but it was for situations like this that he had modified his communication device so he could remotely connect it to his laptop and he was sure he could find something that he needed to complete there.

"Fine," he said in a normal but slightly frustrated tone when Ferrel mentioned they should get going, heading out the door but not going ahead, unfamiliar as he was with that base's particular layout. "But we're stopping at the closest place that sells caffeinated beverages as soon as possible." Up until then, Sid had been talking as if Ferrel was the one in command, since even with their equal standing she was the one with authority over that area. However, that particular subject was the only one where he was not going to yield no matter what.

The bad thing about thinking he would be tired was that he was starting to feel tired, though. Sid quickly thought of something to distract himself, and found a pretty good answer. "Mr Feldspath, you mentioned you were working on a tracker?" he asked as an invitation for the man to talk about the details.

Edited by Puredark006

"Yeah. Traded you for a magickarp. That would most likely put any hydragon in a bad mood," Amanda said. She didn't had a clear white dress, she had a yellow one that wasn't see though. "Anyway. We're almost their, so lets go!" She ran ahead of the others.

Kadaen smiled at Opal. "That would be awesome, if we can use fire." he noticed Amanda running off. He had a feeling she does that often. He walked after her, knowing she wont be going too far ahead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over by the Cipher hideout

A young looking girl walked over to the admins, she herself was one. She looked over at them. "What is up? I heard some experiments were encountered but none were caught," she said. "I heard about the Jolteon being their, and you guys know my relation with that creature." Her name? None other than Ayleth.

Like her sister she had white hair, but blue eyes. She had always wore jeans and a random top that fits her mood today. The color of said top today is red. She started to mess with a pokeball that had a captured pokemon in it. She normally had a fiery personality. She and the boss do go head butting time to time, but she does what she's supposed to do.

Like her sister, she had also started out with an Eevee. She had already evolved her eevee. She couldn't wait to see her sister again to beat her up with her sister's own favorite pokemon. She was unlike the other admins, she never had a dragon type and she wasn't going to start any time soon. She honestly didn't want the same weakness shared with the other admins. Sure okay she had a flying type, but not a dragon type. She honestly loved her fast flying type.

((Maybe she's strong enough that she has the admin position because of battle power alone? We're talking about a world where 11-year-olds can challenge the League and win. I would find it hard to believe if she was a scientist or other profession where you have to study years to get good, but polos just said 'admin'

I agree with the dragon thing though, it was a coincidence (Sid's most defining Pokemon is a Volcarona)))

{Last name Uhhh I suck at this so Hamster. Yes animal name inside pokemon LOLZ.

She did "volunteered" her sister into the project, and she did get into the position due to her power alone.}

{Last names I suck at, yes srsly.}

((If that's her last name, I wanna know how Ferrel reacted the first time she heard it

Great minds think alike who cares if a pokemon or two are repeated))

{Actually I've had hamsters since I was really little. Yes I am sure about hamsters.}

((Alright sorry that was mean

Bonus: Currently in class trying to debug my hangman program. I can't find the mistake. Sid would be yelling at me))

"...Hnn." Ferrel stared down at the girl, arms crossed. She was one of those people who were recruited for their battle prowess, and could do practically whatever they wanted because they had talent. Ferrel considered herself a competent battler, but she prided herself on gaining favour the traditional way - by actually doing work. Not to mention she was coming dangerously close to blaming Ferrel's team for the failure. And what was up with this kid's name, anyway? Ugh. She refused to even think the word.

"Oh, calm down, Ferrel. You're still the head of our team and we love you even if there are other competent people around." Alex winked. Ferrel considered storming out of the hallway right then and there and never joining another organization ever again. She didn't, but it was a close call. "Anyway, sure. The more people we have, the better chances, right? Although we're also going to be slower. Hopefully our grunts can hold the experiments while we get there."

"I doubt it," Ferrel growled. "But very well. I can't exactly stop you, can I? I'm going on vacation after this. Sid, I've heard your labs are very nice."

((OMG, you can actually code?? Are you using C++, Eclipse or other?))

Sid hadn't known that Ayleth was in that base, so it was a surprise when the girl popped out of nowhere, asking about the subjects. He hadn't known her for long, so he didn't have a formed opinion about the younger admin, but someone capable of throwing their sibling into dangerous experimentation where the mortality rate was high was someone to be very careful around.

He snorted when Ferrel mentioned vacations, practically demanding anyone to try to contradict her. "The living quarters are basically deserted 90% of the time, so I'm sure you'd like it there," he commented, putting his hands in his pockets. Three admins plus another member - if they did encounter the experiments, he'd bet everything inside the vending machine it would be a curb-stomp battle. Not exactly what he wanted, but maybe he could think later of other tests that would provide the information he had wanted to get.

"Should we start to move, then? We need to make that stop," he asked in a placating tone, glancing at Ferrel and hoping the combination of Feldspath and Ayleth wouldn't be enough to make her snap. Besides, the sooner they started to move, the sooner he could have that conversation with Feldspath, and getting at least him off her back should help.

"Yeah lets go," Ayleth said. She was all set and ready to go. "Though I wonder whose idea was it to let them escape in the first place, but now isn't the time for it. Lets get them." Ayleth was all set to go ever since she went their. She didn't let any one of the experiments that were under her control escape at all. She made sure of it, and those under her were very fearful of her cause she would double check everything, even though she didn't understood it til one of her own underlings told her about it.

((I'm taking a high school course for Java and I'm doing it on Eclipse mostly. Not actually accomplishing much with it, but yeah.

Also I tried to use == instead of .equals() for a String. God dammit. Hangman is working now though.))

Alex frowned. "Whoa, hey. That's not very nice. It was a police raid, okay? They found the lab. If we'd stood and fought, that would have attracted even more attention. I would have tried to negotiate something, talk it over. There are a lot of benefits to this kind of research. But apparently they don't like most of what we're doing here. I know Ferrel's a bit ornery sometimes, but you're fellow admins, aren't you? Have a bit of respect and don't cast doubt on each other's procedures."

Ferrel snorted. "If anything, it was the suppliers. I tried to get them to spread out their captures a little, but they insisted on more test subjects. Any idiot would have found us after so many disappearances in a single area. Stupidity was definitely involved, but on neither of our parts."

"Aw, you do care." Alex smiled, but he was putting less effort into the facade than usual. His eyes flicked over to the girl. He generally tried to be friendly, but he'd have to keep an eye out for this kid. She was dangerous - and more than a little rude. Maybe he'd have to back out of this mission later, if it comes to that.

((That’s still so cool))

Sid half-froze when Ayleth spoke, a part of him expecting Ferrel to throw Feldspath at her. Luckily for everyone involved, the male scientist quickly took the role of damage control, starting a rant about what had prompted them to release the subjects.

And then the blame fest started, and Sid really did not want to be a part of that conversation.

Trying to not call attention to himself (he was definitely not in the mood to wade through the minefield that was human interactions on touchy subjects), he slowly started to go ahead, deciding that the possibility of getting lost had preferable consequences than staying around near the two females. Most of the bases had the same layout anyway, maybe it wouldn’t be that hard to find the exit.

"Great we just wasted time. Anyway lets just go," Ayleth said. She could just fly ahead of the others. She took note that Sid didn't say anything. She noticed that he was going to try to leave. She followed Sid. She didn't want to waist anymore time then what the blame fest already did. She semi liked how cool Sid was, even though he was smarter than her by a ton when it came to computers.

((Everyone loves Sid because he's the one sane guy in this base full of crazy))

Alex stuck out an arm to block Ferrel before she even moved forward. She glared at him, then the girl, then headed straight ahead, the grunts guarding the door jumping out of her way. Alex frowned at Ayleth disapprovingly - wasn't it her who had started the conversation? - but followed suit, hands back in his pockets.

"So... Sidley, was it? Yeah, working on a tracker. Hardly making any process since we had to abandon most of our data at the lab," he sighed, still upset about that, "but it's going to happen. The mutated DNA patterns are easily detected, really, but mostly through invasive testing - and once we're close enough to do that we can tell what they are anyway. We just have to find a way to increase the range. This would be easier if I had a subject to try it on. I'm sure you wouldn't be interested in the specific details, though." He looked at Sidley, hoping very hard that he would be.

Ferrel had calmed down a little (she did know how to manage her anger, thank you very much - it just took time when Feldspath was involved), and slowed down to walk on Sid's other side. "Don't show interest if you want your ears to stay intact."

"You're no fun, Carol."

"Last. Names."

((You should talk to him when he's gone three days without sleep and there's no caffeine nearby, it's hilarious

BTW guess who finally got a working scanner

Sid’s 177cm for comparison. Also I find it very amusing that half his team are 'bugs'))

"Ug, thank Ada Lovelace they dropped the subject," Sid thought. At least Ferrel had gone on to lead the way, and soon enough the exit was visible, and the quarter exited the building into the light of outdoors. He just hoped it wouldn't be too sunny a day, or he was going to regret not getting sunblock before leaving his labs.

Second thing he hoped, that Ayleth and Ferrel remained civil to each other. Though maybe he was being too optimistic on that one.

Feldspath chose that moment to continue the conversation they had been holding before the younger admin arrived. Sid himself didn't care much about what people called him; the reason he defaulted to last names was because it was considered more polite, so he used them unless told otherwise (Ayleth had been the exception. It would feel weird to call someone her age by last name, so he had always used her first one).

"I think I'll be fine as long as no actual physical attempts are made to impair my hearing," he reassured Ferrel, wondering how many times she had to sit through the man's words. "So, what are the mechanics? Is it similar to the tracking applications in Pokédexes that show the location of roaming Pokémon?" he asked Feldspath, looking at the man.

{I hope we didn't leave Tak in the dust......

Also I don't know much about fairy type....

Also good use of the wall of all pokemon! Also another hybrid but on the evil teem. YAY}

Ayleth just listened in. She let out an adorable little nidoran female. "Here use her as your test subject," she said. She honestly had kept one subject to the mutation with her at all times. She really didn't like it when she heard about her sister and some other experiments escaped. Sure okay she should technically had kept this experiment over at her lab, but it did make things slightly easier, or rather it did in her mind.

The Nidoran female just stayed their, wondering what is going to happen next.

Edited by polos1993

{I am pretty darn sure that their would be more than one lab. They're not that stupid.}

((I think Ferrel did say their group wasn't the only one. But I was under the impression only Amanda and the others were sufficiently advanced to be considered the most important subjects; I thought the other teams didn't have 'good hybrids' yet. Heck, Zee is the most advanced of Sid's team and they glitch every hour. And even then, since Ayleth isn't a scientist, should she really be able to take a random subject out when the team could be improving them and getting data?))

{Well it wasn't just a random subject, She only had it cause it was an experiment to see how long a poke-human can be inside a pokeball. They gave it to her in order to get her off of their backs, and she could do whatever she wanted at that point. She had that one inside her party cause it was stronger than her normal nidoran female.}

((It makes sense that there aren't a lot of labs scattered around, but I'd be in favor of there being at least one more, if just to allow us to introduce more characters later if we want it. It should be somewhere far from where we are though, like Sid's. About the location, they put their base in the middle of the desert in Colosseum, so hey, it happens.

If the point was to see how long it can survive in a pokeball, she shouldn't be taking it out. I only think it'd be possible if the point was to see how the hybrid would react to being in a normal team under the guidance of a trainer, or to see if a hybrid could evolve in battle, or something like that. But then she shouldn't be giving it to Feldspath like that, just lending it for short periods of time.

What still doesn't make much sense is why someone hired for their power in battle would have an unevolved Pokemon in her team. If the hybrid is part of a test it fits, but the rest of her real team should be way tougher.))

{She only has one unevolved pokemon inside her teem. Mainly because it was the newest addition to her teem. She is also young so I wouldn't put like all evolved pokemon inside her teem since she is also so young.

It would be more accurate if they did time it/ It had been an hour of the Nidoran female so it was a reasonable time since it had gotten out of the pokeball.}