polos1993

1x2-3? {Full}

"Neat. Now cheer up," Rhapsody said with a grin, putting his hands in his pockets. By now, Pooch had started wandering upstream, stopping after a couple of steps to see if the humans were following or not. Rhapsody didn't notice, his attention on Sam.

"So, where's this town at? I'm new to the area so you lead," he said, taking a step away from the tree.

((That would be hilarious. ANGRY BEES EVERYWHERE

Also it would be a neat ice-breaker."Hey, you an amnesiac half-Pokemon? Me too!"))

((Are the groups gonna meet up sometime soon, or later?

i.e. would anyone object if I got Z to interact with the other currently humanshaped chars))

[Yep - it would certainly give an interesting opener for that convo... and I don't think he'd be too mad at her not saying it right away - since he wanted to hide his nature too. tongue.gif]

Sam took a moment to 'cheer up' as well as get her bearings - the running from a pack of Houndours hadn't helped with directionality.

Then she almost laughed,

"Looks like Pooch knows the way better than me. The town is somewhere along the stream. Not so sure on the distance however..."

She started following the water-course and the houndour.

(Well most civilisation was built near a water supply.... *shrug*. Up to you to call the encounters - since you and Pooch would be doing most of the fighting... I'd imagine most pokemon would stay out of their way though...)

((The more the merrier, Pi ^^ (aka no objections here)))

"Oh, does he?" Rhapsody asked, turning and spotting the exasperated-looking Houndour that had apparently decided he was a lost case and was walking next to Sam, only paying attention to the girl. He had to grin at that; he liked Pokemon that wouldn't take crap from even their trainer. That meant they wouldn't take crap from anyone else.

"Well, let's go find how much of a sleeping athlete you are," he shrugged, tagging along a bit behind the pair. "If you see something that needs to be scared away, tell us and Pooch will roast it. I ran out of balls anyway."

It blinked, a little nervous. All there was in its database on humans was a simple profile - colour palettes, number of limbs, that kind of thing. Disregarding the species, though, it would probably not react particularly well itself if an abnormal member of its own species walked (er, floated) up to it and tried to start a conversation. Malware was dangerous and way too common. "Um, I do 01101110 00100111 "

It glitched again, this time teleporting two meters or so away from the human and landing in a pile of leaves. It stumbled up to its feet again, grabbing onto a tree for support. That did not go very well at all. The phrase "I can explain" popped into its mind, which was funny considering the fact that no, it definitely could not. And now there were two more humans approaching along the stream. It tightened its grip on the tree, waiting for one of them to do something.

{Sorry guys, been off of my puter for most of the day}

((It's okay PoryZed doesn't really understand anything about humans beyond the fact that they exist. Genders? Clothes?? Sex??? What))

{That's fine by me.}

"Looks nice and cozy," Kadaen said as he walked into the hollow treelike home. He made sure he had some space for Opal. His tail waged some as he yawned.

"I have no idea where we are," Amanda said then she heard them talk with numbers, which she couldn't understand it at all, then she saw them teleport by a few meters. "Hey cool you can do that!" she said, then she noticed people coming, then she shut up, not wanting anymore attention onto what they did. "My name is Amanda, what's your name?"

Pooch was the one who saw the strange human plainly disappearing and appearing like an Abra. But as far as she knew, humans were entirely incapable of such a feat. So she did what any Houndour would do when presented with something they didn’t understand: run at it and continuously bark with all her strength.

“Oh hey, if it isn’t Amanda and… what the hell are you, a girly guy or just flat-chested,” Rhapsody said when seeing the pair. “Pooch, shut the heck up, I can’t hear myself think,” he added, to which the Houndour returned to their side and switched to throwing it suspicious glances while circling Sam.

((He makes the best first impressions, doesn’t he))

{Just noticed, we got more girl chars than guy chars. LOL}

"Rhapsody! That was rude!" said Amanda. She was starting to dislike Rhapsody. She really didn't like how he had done that at all. She was at least being kind about that, by not mentioning it.

"Um," it said. Again. These speech subroutines were almost automatic sometimes - it was getting a little annoying. But about the questions. Did it have a name? Most Pokemon did not, especially wild ones (did it have a trainer? That was an odd thought now, for some reason), and any Pokedex would simply identify it as Porygon-Z. Its serial number was Z023, so there was that, but it had thought that was highly irregular when it first woke up and checked. There were way more than 22 other Porygon-Z units out there. Well, strictly speaking, that was an assumption, but it was a reasonable one. And as for gender...? Those were listed in the majority of species logs it had, but no one had bothered to give it a nice definition of what exactly it was. Presumably because its own species had nothing to do with it. "I don't think I particularly understand."

"Come on, I was just joking around," he said, raising both hands with the palms out in a sort of conciliatory gesture even though the grin didn't leave his face. Pooch by now had settled down next to Sam, still looking at the disappearing human as if expecting it to grow wings or something.

"I don't think I particularly understand."

"What's there to understand?" he asked, a bit confused by the guy's/girl's attitude. "Fine, something more specific. Do you pee sitting down or standing up?"

Amanda walks over to Rhapsody, then tries to smack the back of his head. "Dude enough that's rude as hell," she said in a quite mean voice then looks over at them. "You don't have to answer that if you don't want to," she said in a much less mean voice to them.

{Them as in ProygonZ, not them as in the rest of the group.}

((Yes, smack him. He deserves it.

Gonna wait for the others to post))

((...Dragon boy managed to squeeze like three gender faux pas-es into a single sentence. I'm actually kinda impressed))

It was still confused. Probably even more than before. But apparently gender was A Big Deal and had something to do with internal organs. It filed that information away for later. "Neither?" It tried. "As far as..." Was there any point in pretending it was human anymore? They'd all seen it glitch. It'd half expected one of them to try to kill it or something, but things were alright so far. It was cautiously optimistic. "As far as my database's information goes. I don't think I have one." Its gaze shifted nervously. "No name, either. Serial code's Z023, which is, really, remarkably useless. No manufacturer information. Woke up with empty memory banks 'n no instructions." Its ability to string together grammatically correct sentences tended to deteriorate when it was nervous, it noticed, not to mention the declining volume. Was that another human simulation thing? It seemed terribly useless. It hoped that had been at least understandable.

Samantha had little to say about the sleeping athlete comment.

"Will do." She replied to the roasting something away. Then Pooch seemed to get the idea to run ahead and bark at a new person.

She stayed back as Rhapsody made himself sound rude, open mouth, insert foot...., while the Houndour took up a sort of patrolling guard on her before settling.

"You already know each other?" she asked as Amanda seemed familiar enough with Rhapsody to get away with - apparently - smacking him.

"Ooops, sorry. I should introduce myself - I'm Samantha. Or Sam." At least her faux pas of a late introduction should draw attention away from the confused non-gendered member of the gathered group.

Opal agreed that it was cozy as she joined Kadaen in the hollow.

"Not squishing you, am I?" she asked as she settled down alongside the yawning Eevee.

[Opal's a snuggler.... they may wake up/get disturbed and find themselves just a little closer together.]

((Can I say I'm imagining Z to be adorable?))

Rhapsody just snickered when he got smacked. He had to admit, that second question had been more to annoy Amanda that out of curiosity.

"You already know each other?"

"Met just today, actually. Literally five minutes before I found you and Pooch," he clarified, pointing a thumb at Amanda.

"As far as my database's information goes. I don't think I have one. No name, either. Serial code's Z023, which is, really, remarkably useless. No manufacturer information. Woke up with empty memory banks 'n no instructions."

"Waitwaitwait, wait. Time out. What the heck, you saying you're a cyborg or some futuristic crap like that?" he questioned with a disbelieving tone, having waved his arms in front of him on the first sentence for emphasis and now crossing them.

{Also Kadaen loves snuggles so it's all good.}

"No you're not," Kadaen said as he smiled then placed his head down and quickly fell asleep.

"That would be RIDICULES!" Amanda said after dog boy talked. She didn't believe it, but heck she could sense something was terribly wrong. She had a gut feeling of not being inside the same place for too long. Was she already approaching that time?

Edited by polos1993

((Yes Z is the most adorably confused little kid ever))

"I... I suppose that's fairly accurate." Minus the part-human bit. Well, it was possible that the giant chunk of nonstandard code was adapted from human structure. It would explain a lot of the inconsistencies, actually. Biological organisms were weird like that but they did provide a functional framework to work off. But whoever did this didn't bother with any refinement at all. At least they hadn't removed anything. (Wait, no, even that wasn't a given. Any update logs would have been deleted too.) "Are...is the density of human beings in forests usually this high?"

[i think Sam's going to give a nickname to unit Z-023.. if only because someone has to - and at least its not Rhapsody doing it tongue.gif Though I'd imagine Amanda would smack him again if he tried.

And I just find it amusing that there's both an Amanda and a Samantha in the RP tongue.gif]

"Ah." was all Samantha could say to Rhapsody's clarification, and then considered Z's question.

"Not normally this high," Samantha replied, "But I can say there's been quite a few odd occurrences recently, and this seems rather normal compared to some of them." Namely - waking up in a tree after sleepwalking in 'borrowed' clothes...

Since it was hard to tell gender - and it seemed the cyborg had no identification other than some arbitrary designation code, which Samantha doubted it would be a good idea to use in casual passing - Sam tried to think of a nickname.

"Mind if I call you Zee?" Sam asked, thinking that it would be a natural contraction to use.

Opal drifted off, since she was comfortable and it seemed like a good plan to rest after the exercise and meal.

Just a little siesta.... it can't cause harm., her ears flicked a bit before her mind completely relaxed and she slept.

[Hmm idea for getting Opal and Kadaen with the group - Pooch wakes them up. Accidently of course. Or maybe they wake up as the group pass by making noise?]

Edited by Takhesis

((How old does Z look? And what kind of clothes are they wearing?

Oh, and how about we having to battle a scientist NPC to avoid capture again? That would make enough noise ^^))

{Well I hope no one would mix up Amanda for Samantha since if you say it, it sounds simmer.

As for Kadaen and Opal anything would be nice.}

Kadaen snuggles against Opal inside his sleep.

Inside Kadaen's sleep

Kadaen was running from humans. He didn't want to get caught, which seems normal right? He's runaway ability managed to keep him from being caught many times. He never wanted to be caught and be just some pokemon with some trainer. He wanted to just be a random Eevee wondering around. 'Get him! Get experiment 0523!' said a person inside his dream. He began to lightly whimper inside his dream.

{Yeah somewhere in between 0001, to 2000 can be the numbers what the sinentits called them}

((I dunno, I can never place age properly. I said kid because they don't exactly have any memories at the moment but eehhh, late teens or somewhere around there?

And sorry I probably should have described appearance some time earlier, I can never work that into actual posts without making it sound weird. Off-white skin, skinny, pink hair in a super dumb bowl cut, generally looks vaguely unnatural to observers even without the creepy poryzed eyes. Clothing is basically just Porygon colours (pink/red shirt with a blue V and blue sleeves, blue pants) and has a vaguely jumpsuity/prison outfit sort of feel to them. They'll probably figure out they can modify the default appearance a bit (kind of like the move Camouflage), but modifying your own code is pretty dangerous and illegal by default since most AIs (Porygon and Porytwos) don't really have human level intelligence/judgement))

"You suppose. Holy sheet. I'm starting to think I wandered into a movie and the actors decided to just roll with it," Rhapsody complained, shaking his head. What a way to start his new life. "You're not going to short-circuit and try to murder us, are you?"

"But I can say there's been quite a few odd occurrences recently, and this seems rather normal compared to some of them."

"You can say that again," he muttered, recalling the night and morning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Gardevoir opened her eyes and let out a small sound, looking back at her trainer. The man was wearing some sort of white and black outfit that looked like a futuristic uniform, with a red scarf tied around his neck and a huge black visor.

"What is it? Did you find something?" he asked, to which the Gardevoir nodded and pointed at a direction deeper into the woods.

"Alright! Man, I'm so getting a promotion if I bring back at least one," the grunt cheered, quickly letting out his other Pokemon, a Donphan. "Go on ahead, Rollout!" he commanded.

The Donphan made a loud trumpet noise and rolled into a wheel, spinning rapidly towards the direction the Gardevoir had pointed at. With an arm gesture and a "Move it!", the trainer and Gardevoir followed suit.

((Was trying to describe this, because apparently villainous teams have the subtlety of that charging Donphan

Also feel free to bunny the Cipher and his Pokes, he's a secondary character anyway))

Edited by Puredark006

Amanda glared at dog boy. "Enough doggy boy," she said as she was quite annoyed at the boy. She wondered if their was a descent boy around who could REPLACE this sorry dog boy.

"That's, um, unlikely," it said, in response to the blue-haired human. (It was starting to consider that maybe its database colour palette was faulty.) Its glitches were mostly harmless, as far as it knew, and if anything it would kill itself instead of anything around it. Unless it exploded? That would be awkward, considering it probably had simulated blood and viscera right now.

"Weird things happening" didn't explain much of what was going on, but at least that meant it wasn't alone. Or was that more of a bad thing? Before it could think on that for much longer, something barreled into it from the side. It wheezed (yes, there were definitely simulated guts because there was accompanying simulated pain) and tumbled over, rolling into the grass. On instinct it activated Conversion 2, flashing momentarily before becoming a steel-type. There was now an unrolled Donphan standing in front of it, pawing at the ground. If its skin had any colour before, it all drained out of its face. "Oh."

Edited by Fractional Pi Day