polos1993

1x2-3? {Full}

It's chill. {Them, and their is gender neutral}

I was thinking a more sidle approach, as in yellow for electric, red for fire, black for dark, ect....

Edited by polos1993

Alright. Everyone all set to go?

((So you can say "the final decision is theirs"? You learn something new every day ^^

All set here!))

[sounds like a plan to me - Pi being one of the ones that created the 'weres' for lack of better term sounds like fun.

And as for clothes - you could steal some? Though that would have its own problem set. I'm going to assume the default form they have now was their natural form for my characters.]

Opal stretched out her paws as she took a break and yawned. She had been running through the woods for a while. Running from what - she wasn't sure. All she knew was she couldn't go back and she couldn't get caught.

Her stomach grumbling brought her attention back to the present. Food first and find water second. There should be some berries around here somewhere....

Her trio of bushy tails swung from side to side as she foraged in nearby bushes for something to eat.

Samantha rolled over and fell out of the tree she was in. Oof. How did I get up there? She picked herself up slowly, making sure she hadn't injured herself too much.

As she did so she noted that she was wearing some sort of nightgown. That in itself wasn't unusual - she had been asleep after all. What was unusual was the fact she had been in a tree and this nightgown wasn't hers.

She would never be seen dead in something so ....so ... brightly coloured and flimsy looking. It was a pale yellow - well apart from the stains it had gained from the ground.

She looked around, trying to get her bearings. "Where am I?" she asked.

[Opal = Vulpix, and Samantha = human (alts into Vespiquen - Combee seems too small for a valid shift)]

((I'm going with 'magically appear out of nowhere and matches the Pokeform'))

Oh hey, food,” the male thought, biting into the apple and not letting it go to have both hands free to keep rummaging through the backpack. He had been lucky that the girl he had stolen it from didn’t have any flying Pokemon, meaning he had no problem putting a lot of distance between them with his other form’s six wings. Minding the juice that was threatening to spill from his chin, he quickly pocketed some coins and a single Pokeball, broke a pencil and scattered the pieces, and threw the torn backpack into some bush to his right after fiddling for a bit with a small electronic something with a lot of song names that he too threw away. Anyone finding it would assume a wild Pokemon had torn the backpack and its contents apart to reach the food inside, and of course some small objects would have fallen and gotten lost in the way there. The perfect crime.

Grinning to himself, the male quickly left the place, not caring if the remains ever got back to their original owner. ‘Every dog for themselves’, as the saying went, though he had no idea where he had heard it. More like he had no idea where he had learnt everything he knew, or even his own name. Seemed everything that wasn’t supposed to be common knowledge completely evaded him, which was a source of constant frustration. Heck, he didn’t even know if he was born human or Pokemon.

Oh, whatever,” he thought, taking a bite out of the apple. He was about to wipe his face with the torn end of his scarf, but decided to use his sleeve instead. The blue jeans, black boots, blue shirt, hoodie with a black outside and a fuchsia inside, and blue fingerless gloves – they all appeared and disappeared when he changed, but the scarf didn’t. Probably because he had just found it lying around and had decided to wear it on a whim, but the color, matching the inside of the hoodie, and the thin black horizontal stripes, reminding him of his other form, made him grow fond of it despite it looking like it hadn’t been washed in days and having one of its ends torn out. And that last part was a good thing from his point of view; he liked how the untouched end reached his waist while the torn one only reached his chest.

’Sides, scraggy matches my look," he absentmindedly thought, blowing some stray bangs out of the way of his obsidian eyes. Most of his blue hair looked unkempt, two strands framing his face and reaching the base of his neck while behind it went all the way to his mid-back, wild spikes sticking out from everywhere. Well, he guessed it wasn't entirely unsuitable for a twenty-something male human, considering many did a lot of traveling around in the wild.

He finished the apple, eating everything but the steam, which he kept between his teeth like a cigarette for lack of anything better to do with it. Welp, time to go find more food or something to do. Maybe pick a fistfight with the local fauna and use the Pokeball. With a small smirk, he went deeper into the woods, wondering what he'd find.

((BTW he's heavily based on this guy but with longer hair and different clothes))

Edited by Puredark006

{Sounds good. I would accepted a Catterpie shift. Lol

It's alright Day.

Holy heck Dark Good post. I wish I could do that with one char!}

A small Eevee was just walking around. He couldn't really remember anything, other than the gut instinct of getting away from this place, but he didn't seem to be in a rush. He walked around, and with each paw he walked he would slightly speed up. In a while he started to bolt away from where he was, then he accidentally bumped into a Vulpix.

A girl with long unnatural white hair and brown eyes was wearing a yellow dress as she was walking, then stopped to pick at a sitrus berry tree. She smiled as she picked one of the berries and ate it. She loved sour things, that part she remembered well, but she couldn't remember what happened. She yawned as she looked up at the sky as she ate.

Edited by polos1993

((It wasn't that good and I screwed up the hair description but posted anyway because I was in a rush >_<

And now I don't know who to interact with))

{To me it was still good. You can interact with my female char, aiming to get the weres together at the moment}

Opal was half-in and half-out of the berry bush when another Pokémon bumped into her.

"Eeep." She jumped at the contact, before realising it wasn't an attack just an accident.

By way of a introduction/apology for being in the way, Opal dislodged a couple of berries and offered them to the Eevee.

"Hungry?"

[Am going to assume the pokemon understand each other. So I don't have to keep typing in squeaks/yips and growls. lol]

Samantha sighed, standing around wasn't going to solve anything. Let alone of the mystery of how she ended up asleep in a tree - wearing unfamiliar clothing.

She turned in a circle, going 'eeny meeny miny mo', before picking a direction to walk in. Which direction? - 'mo' of course.

Besides it just felt right going that way.

Meanwhile, closer to the now-abandoned building, a pair of people walked out into the forest, the brown-haired man chattering all he way. "I still can't believe we lost our most valuable experiments yet, and all in one fell swoop. They were such a good batch, too. The genetic variance... Where did we go wrong? Was it the security measures? I always thought those fellows at the front door looked sketchy. Remind me to ask our superiors about that. With this much funding I'm sure we can do better next time."

"Your superiors," the woman corrected him. "I hope you remember that I am on this trip to supervise you."

"Of course, Caroline, you knew what I meant. But - "

"Ferrel," the woman growled, flicking a strand of her brilliant red hair out of her face. "Doctor Ferrel, or just Ferrel if you must. We are not on a first-name basis."

"Well, you can call me Alexander anyway." The man beamed, and Ferrel resisted the urge to sigh out loud. "Anyway, as I was saying earlier... Why do we have to be part of the search party? I'm sure I'd be of more use setting up our new lab, or salvaging what data we have from that batch and trying again. It's not as if we're short on materials, are we?"

Ferrel sighed. "There isn't a new lab yet," she explained, her tone more patient this time. "We have the money, just not the time. Setting up the facility undetected takes more than a day. Even if - when we catch them, they'll just be transferred to the holding tanks. There's not much else we can do at this point. Even for someone of your talents, Mr. Feldspath." She gave the biologist a smug little grin. With him, one had to take what little victories one could get.

Alex shrugged and smiled back, not offended in the least. "Reasonable, I suppose. Although, even if we get them back...all these unaccounted-for variables...hrm. Let's get on with it, then. The quicker the better."

[Alexander Feldspath, 29, experimental biologist. Messy brown hair and green eyes behind thick glasses.. Caroline Ferrel, 37, one of the organization's admins and a scientist on the side. Red hair pinned up in a complicated style and copperish coloured eyes. (Ten million points to anyone who can guess their name theme.) They probably won't make contact with the weres for a while, I might make a shifter char later too. Please don't expect me to do all the antagonist work, there are other search parties out there too and I'm awful at GMing..........]

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

[theme = Portal. And no worries most of the other search parties and random encounters will be NPC'd by the group. In so far as the actions don't effect their characters.]

((Okay thanks! It's just that that kind of happened a bit last time I played a bad guy in a Pokemon RP, and I'm super afraid of it happening again.

And nope! I don't think there's an Alex in Portal(well, there's a female one in HL, but that's not really related), and I pulled Caroline from a random generator. "Carol Ferrel" was Ferrel's least favourite nickname in school. She just hates her first name in general.))

{Yeah I think it would be better for pokemon to just talk normally to eachother}

The Eevee smiled. "Thanks. I'm Kadaen, what's your name? I'm sorry for bumping into you. I didn't mean to." He said as he nibbled on the berry. {What kind of berry?}

The male leaped over a fallen trunk, whistling a tune he didn't remember hearing but for some reason could recall as he twirled the long stick he had picked up earlier, the stick marking the beat each time it was upright. He was pretty sure he had seen some before, way too early for him to have properly cared, so it was just a matter of time...

A shock of white caught his attention, and as he properly looked he saw a girl with white hair and a yellow dress eating from a tree with Sitrus berries. "Hey missy!" he called, raising the hand that wasn't holding the stick in greeting. "Seen a pack of Houndours over here? Could've sworn I saw some a few hours ago," he asked, managing to talk normally without the apple's steam falling from his mouth.

[Ah I just thought Portal as Caroline was Chell's mother and creator of GLADOS

As for berry type - most likely Oran berry as they seem to be the most common]

"I'm called Opal." The Vulpix replied, glad that the Eevee was friendly and that the bumping into each other hadn't caused an argument. "And there's no need to apologise. I'm often running into others too."

She paused, munching on one of the fallen berries, knowing that a grumbling stomach would be very embarrassing.

"Although I will admit I don't often see Eevees around." I actually don't remember seeing anyone around for that matter.... A Fire-type in the forest was probably more unusual. Then again as a fox, she was a woodland creature.

Samantha continued walking, still surrounded by the trees, half wondering if she was walking deeper into the forest since she hadn't seen a sign of a road.

Something was telling her if she saw the road to turn and run - but the rest of her wanted a road so she could find a signpost.

Another thought occurred to her, I don't have any pokemon with me... what if I get challenged by a wild one... or even meet a trainer?

Snatches of stories floated in her head. Trainers always challenged those they met to a pokemon battle, and wild pokemon didn't always take kindly to humans. Perhaps I can pretend they are all knocked out and need healing? Then she realised there was very little space to hide one pokeball in her outfit.

[Feel free to have that pack of Houndour show up on Samantha. Or have her wonder into the other pair. She'd look odd walking the forest in a nightgown. tongue.gif]

Edited by Takhesis

{Tekhesis I just realized you use red for Vulpix when I use red for my evil char xd.png}

"Nope, wish I could be of more help." said the girl, taking another bite of the berry. "Want some Sitrus berries? they're sour though. I don't know why but I love sour things." She was wondering who the heck this houndour person is. She just kept eating her berry. She did like the guys spiky hair though, she did wonder if it was nice and soft.

"Well we Eevee's are a rare pokemon, I'm not shocked about it at all." Kadaen said as he ate the oran berry. He was okay with oran berries since they don't have one flavor over powering another.

((Maybe I should use a color too

BTW the one the pooch bumped into is Samantha as requested~))

"No thanks, hate sour food," he answered, grimacing a bit. He hated to admit it, but if the various 'taste tests' he had done before were as accurate as he thought they were, he apparently had a sweet tooth.

He wasn't going to admit that to a total stranger though.

"And don't sweat it, at least now I know they aren't here," he added, twirling the stick again. "So thanks for the tip. I'm off to find the pooches now," he finished with a grin, pressing his index and middle finger to his forehead and quickly pointing them at the girl in a salute.

As if on cue, loud barking started echoing through the woods as soon as he finished his words.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lone Houndour sniffed the air, acting as a scout for its pack to find prey. Growling a bit, it followed the trace it had just found, going faster and faster with its snout pressed against the ground. Not a very good idea in the middle of a forest, that predictably ended with the young Pokemon bumping into something.

The Houndour yelped and shook its head. Realizing the thing he had bumped into was alive, it started growling and barking at it, making as big a racket as it could to call the rest of the pack.

{It's just my way of keeping track of my chars Lol}

"Have fun with those dogs. If you want me to go with you to go fighting against them, I'm sorry but I have no pokemon." the girl said as she eats more sitrus berries.

He had to laugh at that. "Neither do I," he clarified, spitting the steam somewhere at his left. "So I'll just have to hope it's inexperienced enough to not burn me while I punch it in the face," he added with a smirk, taking off in the direction the racket was coming from. Sure, if he transformed he'd have more of a fighting chance, but something was telling him that was a Very Bad Idea if other people had a chance to see it. Though between exposing himself and getting his eyebrows burnt off, he may choose the former. He'd just have to wait and see.

"My name is Amanda, by the way." The girl said. "What's your name Spiky?" She had a habit of making nicknames for people. She'll say somethings random at first, then she'll pick a nickname that's most fitting. She continued to eat the sitrus berries. She loved the berries, she just couldn't get enough of them.

[Lol I thought Red was a good colour for a Fire type - plus with two characters it helps tell them apart.]

Opal smiled as she finished her berry. It seemed that Kadaen was enjoying his too.

"Know anyone in this part of the forest?" Opal asked, curious if the Eevee was late for a meting - though if that was the case he wouldn't be eating berries with her.

Though the pair's conversation was likely to be stalled slightly by the sound of distant barking.

The first thing that cued Samantha into the fact she wasn't alone was the feeling of a wet nose bumbling into her ankle.

By the time she'd looked down the little canine Pokémon had started growling and barking at her. Oh great.....

"Hello there little one." Samantha spoke softly, not wanting to antagonise it any more than it obviously was. It seemed the Houndour wasn't easily swayed from its current course of action - that of making as much noise as it could.

So Sam slowly started backing up, aiming to put her back against a tree - so at least she couldn't be completely surrounded. Besides - I should be able to scramble up it if need be....

Her ground-stained yellow nightgown would make it awkward to climb. Plus she was bare foot, which would cause problems if she had to run over uneven ground.

Her strawberry-blonde hair was loose and messy, flowing down to about mid-shoulder blade - and still had some leaves in it from her tree-nap.

That combined with the nightgown - people would be forgiven for assuming she was some sort of wraith, if it was night that is.

{It is. Okay it's 3 AM, I need sleepppppppppp.....}

"Not that I can remember," Kadaen said as he finished his berry, then perked his ears up when he heard the houdour. He didn't want to get into a fight, and he yawned as he was walking/running all day long.

He was far enough that he could have pretended not to have heard the question, running as he was, but that would count as a loss. Without turning or even thinking, he called out the first word that crossed his mind, part of the title of one of the songs he had seen on the electronic device he had browsed through earlier.

“It’s Rhapsody!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Houndour barked louder, baring its fangs as the human was backed against a tree. The inside of its mouth started to glow as it prepared its Ember attack, aiming at the base of the dress as it released the small flames.

Flames that missed completely due to some random guy appearing out of nowhere and kicking the dog as hard as he could just when it tried the attack.

"'Sup," he greeted the girl, not taking his eyes from the Dark-type as it tried to process just what had happened. "Please tell me the dog isn't yours, been looking for one the entire day," he added, crouching slightly to react faster the second the Houndour tried anything.

((Disclaimer: The character's actions may at times not support the author's beliefs or what she would do in a given situation))

Edited by Puredark006