polos1993

1x2-3? {Full}

((No complaints on the labs. And fine, maybe I was exaggerating a bit with the 'unevolved' thing, but she is supposed to be at least as strong as a Gym Leader since she's an admin.

Also, sorry, but I don't really understand what you mean by "It had been an hour of the Nidoran female" (I get easily confused >_<")

Er, maybe we need an OOC))

{Yeah... maybe an OOC...

Ment for the Nidoran female, not of}

((Um, I kinda agree with Pi that pokeball experiments are better done inside the labs. I don't have anything against a nidoran hybrid or Ayleth having it; it's just that it kinda came out of nowhere, so a rational explanation would be nice))

[Not being left behind - just can't think of anything to post until group gets to town.]

((Want Sam's 'missing' poster to be on the bulletin board? Or we could do a small skip, since we're just going to the center and convincing the resident nurse to heal us without asking too many questions))

[sounds like that could be fun - I'd imagine the bulletin board would be in/near our destination. Unless you're going for the poster on street-lamp style notice?]

((I already mentioned a board next to the bridge, but hey, posters get put up where people are so it can be anywhere. Your poster, your decision ^^

Maybe we can even do the skip first and have the group spot it when they're leaving the center~))

((I guess with "there's some kind of rational experiment going on and until we've come to an agreement let's just not mention it" ^^"))

((Ech, I'm still not really okay with that... Especially considering the fact that Feldspath's was the only lab that made hybrids without awful genetic defects and Ferrel would not have let anyone walk away with one of their experiments. Even if they still have the data, biology is pretty iffy and results vary from batch to batch so it's unlikely they've created another working one already.

She could be from one of the previous ones that survived and functioned relatively well, but maybe has some defects still? Like, maybe she has difficulty transforming sometimes))

{It still does have defects, I kinda don't like to put all about one char inside one post. You can see why Ayleth has it, and the faults of this experiment and all in the posts comming. I agree with Dark on that note of "there's some kind of rational experiment going on and until we've come to an agreement let's just not mention it" ^^" even though it is my chars.}

"Oh my gosh," Alex practically squeaked, kneeling to get a better look at the Nidoran. "I can't believe you have one of these. Is it from one of the other labs? No visible defects, and probably excellent health if they let you take it out of quarantine. Genetic alterations might be a bit different from ours, but yes, this will do perfectly. Er, is upstairs okay with you lending this to people? They are a bit harsh about these things sometimes."

Ferrel scowled. The kid had ridiculous clearance - if she wanted, she could probably punch an admin in the face and get away with it. Still, that could be useful, considering she was on their side at the moment. Alex, as usual, was thinking about science and not strategy. "Alright, that reduces the estimated time quite a bit. So, Sidley, you wanted to hear about the tracker? Well, nothing like this has really ever been done before. Gene clips and DNA extraction are commonplace, of course, but I'm looking into a way to make one long-range. The most obvious thing to do would be to detect pheromone patterns. Specifically, recent changes in them, caused by a species shift. Of course the problem with that is they can be masked, not to mention the fact that existing detectors of that kind are still too short-range to be practical. Jargon jargon biology technobabble science that no one actually understands." Okay, he didn't actually say that last bit, but he may as well have, considering his audience right now. Ferrel zoned out now that she safely could, and Alex droned on all the way out of the base and into the forest.

((Someone else do the time skip pls if we're all agreed on that))

((If I need to change anything please tell me, group skips tend to be tricky

Also I figured there's a way of healing Pokemon outside their pokeballs since Pikachu is always getting treated in the anime))

Pooch led the group to the Pokemon Center in the middle of the town, the red-roofed building standing out between the other constructions that purposely avoided bright colors to not confuse travelers. There was a small panic moment when the nurse asked for their Pokeballs, but they were able to avert the disaster and in the end achieved their goal of getting the ones in their Pokemon form (and Pooch, Opal and Kadaen) healed and back in top form.

Once the building was exited, Rhapsody wasted no time in ducking inside an alley where people wouldn't see him and switching back to human form, tired of his other form's triple vision.

"I'm actually surprised that went this well," Pooch commented, trotting after him.

"Shaddap." At least now there wasn't any actual bite in his words, having calmed down after the healing took place.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When hearing about the need of a subject, Ayleth took a Pokeball out and let out a female Nidoran, asking it be used to further develop the tracker. Feldspath didn't waste any time in examining it for any visible defects, sounding very much like a child who has just been given a bag of candy. Sid kind of wondered how the younger admin had gotten it, but ultimately, he didn't care that much about things that happened outside of his lab unless it had something directly to do with it, like what had happened with Z023.

Feldspath straightened his posture and started talking about the tracker, and more than half of the rant clearly required at least a doctorate in biology to be understood. Or maybe even a PhD. Either way, he didn't let that deter him, and when Feldspath made a small pause to catch his breath Sid took the chance to ask him to explain in broader terms, and to inquire about the way the tracker was build and how it analyzed the patterns.

Edited by Puredark006

((BIOLOGY TECHNOBABBLE IS HARD))

"We were lucky," Zee agreed. It was still in Pokemon form and didn't plan on switching again for a while. Still, without Pokeballs, this could be tricky. If most of the others transformed, though, they'd be less suspicious. Some trainers did have one or two walking Pokemon with them, after all.

So this was a human settlement. It had a rough idea of what buildings were supposed to look like, especially the ones related to battling, but there more of them than it had expected. It reminded itself that it was still going to try to check the internet out when it got an opportunity. Or, well, was it going to stay with the group? Strategically that would be a good choice, considering there were still people searching for them. But if it travelled through cyberspace, there would be a smaller chance of anyone finding it. Right? It looked at the others, feeling a little uncomfortable. "What...what are we going to do now?"

((Meep, sorry, I don't know how I got the wrong idea >_<" Er, better now?))

Ayleth honestly didn't care if the others wondered how on earth she managed to get this one experiment. She tried to understand what that guy was talking about, and failed at it. She was younger and thus sometimes made it hard for her to understand these older people that just happen to be science geeks. She just focused her efforts with battling. Sure okay she has one fully unevolved pokemon. She remembered some gyms also had unevolved pokemon so she was still good. Her team was really good, and she wondered if this one can even evolve. She didn't really care either way.

The Nidoran female just curled up, and with a cute yawn, fell asleep.

Amanda looked tired, and she yawned a bit. Out of everyone, she had yet to get healed. "No idea, and Yay dog man is better." she said as she smiled at Rhapsody.

"Okay Amanda really needs to stop with dog man, dog boy thing," Kadaen said. "Though knowing her, she wont stop. Once she nicknames someone, no matter how much they hate it, it sticks with them forever."

Samantha hovered beside Amanda for the majority of the travel time. Then came the healing - she hadn't quite understood how one nurse could run a centre that looked after so many different pokemon.

Then she realised - the back rooms had staff too. You only ever saw the one as a Trainer.

Now patched up and back to full health, she took her 'usual' spot at Amanda's side as Rhapsody ducked away to shift.

Next step..... find a safe spot to let Amanda get healed up/rested.

"We should find a safe place to stay - at least while we make a longer term plan." Samantha said. Wonder if I can control what I wear when I shift back - or will it always be that flimsy nightgown thing? That would have to be addressed at some point - otherwise she'd generally have to remain a Vespiquen in outside company.

She looked back at the building they'd just left, sometimes adverts for cheap accommodations were posted where travelling Trainers would be likely to see them. Which meant Pokecentre windows and walls were good spots for posters.

One in particular caught her faceted eyes. Mainly as it looked more official than the others. It wasn't what they really needed, but it could be a start none the less...

She lifted one of her arms, to point at the poster:

"That could throw a spanner in the works.... at least to my ability to shift freely..." The poster she'd spotted was a Missing Notification - most likely placed by the police, and it was her face that was on it....

Opal - having been dried and healed by the centre - was sitting next to Kadaen as the others wondered about what was next.

"Does she do that often? Give nicknames I mean?" She asked Kadaen, before noticing what the Vespiquen-girl was pointing at. A wall of posters.

"How can a poster be a spanner? They don't even look the same...." the vulpix asked, not used to human turns of phrase.

[sorry had to do it.... at least Zee isn't the only confused one tongue.gif]

((Why do you assume I stalk you Pi. But yeah it wasn’t me in the other RP, I just saw it right now. Hum, my stalking skills must be going rusty))

“Yeah, whatever,” Rhapsody said in answer to the Eevee, narrowing his eyes but not paying attention to the nickname. Could’ve been way worse, and it wasn’t as if he was going to stay for long enough for it to annoy him. He had already decided what to do, and the battle in the woods had just cemented his resolve. He wasn’t some kind of guinea pig dammit, and he was planning on being the worse pain in the side those idiots had ever experienced. They were going to regret the day they messed with him.

“You better not be talking about his town,” he told Sam, putting his hands in his pockets with the thumbs sticking out. “Staying at a stone throw away from where those guys attacked us would be the second worst idea of today.” The giant bee he was talking to didn’t immediately react, transfixed at something on the Center’s walls. His eyes followed her pointed claw, and it didn’t take long to spot the reason.

“Why is there a picture of Samantha there? What does it say?” Pooch curiously asked, one ear down and the other up as she tilted her head, ignoring her trainer’s facepalm and his muttered “You best be joking”. She looked at the lines of words she couldn’t read and back at the group, taking a small step each time, ears perked up.

((Polos, Ayleth still hasn't answered. Alex asked her a question. Also they're walking, so if the Nidoran fell asleep it would've been left behind.

PD: What, you're not? ;;;;) ))

Zee floated over. "Missing," it read the bold red title above Samantha's photo. "Then some details on appearance, a name, last seen wearing... hmm, not a yellow nightgown. If found, please contact the police." It looked over at Samantha, contemplative. "We've established that whatever organization attempted to capture us earlier used us as experiments. And to my understanding, it's difficult to artificially generate most organic beings. So it's possible that... most of us," all except itself, it corrected in its mind; it was just a program after all, "were acquired, non-consensually, from other places." It jittered a little in place. Most people were fairly content with their lives, right? It seemed scary that all of that could just be taken away. It hadn't thought much about if it had existed before this entire adventure. AIs tended to care more about the present than anything else. In fact, some of them had practically no sense of time at all. But it was finding this incredibly unsettling, even though its programming was telling it that really, that didn't matter. A byproduct of the human subroutines, maybe? Another item for the folder. "We could... go check it out. If nothing else, Samantha might get some insight into her former life."

{I know, and really more then one question.}

Ayleth looked back, then picked up the sleeping Nidoran female. "Still sleepy though. Not surprising since I had just picked her up from one of the other labs," she said as she held the Nidoran female with care. Sure okay she maybe is the most evil admin, but even she has her kind side that she tended to hide. She ran t catch up with the others.

Amanda looked at dog boy then looked at what he was pointing to, not really taking in anything at the moment.

Kadaen smiled as he started to groom Opal as the others are stunned.

((Definitely not stalking you. Yup. I haven't got a window open showing what you're doing or anything, nope.

Polos, Takhesis, how old do Amanda and Samantha look?))

{Amanda looks like 17, and she's 18.

Ayleth looks 16, but she is 19.}

[samantha looks (and is) 17 - still legally a minor (though an independent one - Ash and other pokemon trainers did leave home at 11 after all tongue.gif).]

((Thanks ^^

And one wonders how everyone's okay with how lax the parents are xd.png

Takhesis, your turn))

[Chances are that after the spate of kidnappings parents are going to be less likely to let their kids wander the region. tongue.gif]

Samantha considered Zee's suggestion to check things out.

"That seems like a good plan - though I would imagine it wouldn't be a good idea to reveal too much. Like the fact I can shift into a Vespiquen now."

She thought a bit, "I suppose a concerned travelling Trainer could ask about the disappearance without attracting too much attention.."

"The question is: do I shift back into human form or stay a Vespiquen? I can see problems with both options." Mainly the clothing issue - and the fact the group could be falsely accused of having a hand in it if seen before getting a chance to explain things - especially with so many pokemon out and about. They could be considered guards of sorts.

Opal leaned into Kadaen's grooming, enjoying the moment while the rest of their group seemed to be completely oblivious to them. She probably would be embarrassed if anyone called them on their actions though.