polos1993

1x2-3? {Full}

"No that one's completely wild." Samantha said to the newcomer that had disrupted the Houndour's attack. "I wouldn't be surprised if its friends turned up though considering the racket it made earlier."

Sam spared a glance up at the tree she was now against - in particular the lower branches that she could reach. A vantage point? She tested the nearest with one hand - Should be strong enough. Pulling herself up on to the selected branch with both arms, Sam perched herself on the branch

"I'll keep look out for them."

So saying she kept an eye out for the rest of the pack, while keeping an eye on the soon-to-be-brawling pair.

Opal felt pretty much the same about getting involved in a potential brawl. She noticed Kadaen's yawn, and considered her own energy levels. The food had helped - but running was tiring.

Her mind flicked through what she had seen of her surroundings while foraging.

"There's a hollow under a tree root not that far away. Should be a good place to rest for a bit - that is if you need one?" Opal scuffed her front paw along the ground slightly as she added the last bit - slightly embarrassed that she'd effectively called him on his apparent tiredness.

Not many pokemon would like the insinuation that entailed.

"Glad to hear that," he commented, smirking when the Houndour finished processing that yes, it had just been attacked by a human and no, they didn't look sorry. Said realization was followed by an incredulous growl as the Dark-type stood up, fur on end. "And thanks for the lookout!" the male quickly added as the Houndour Howled.

He had to be quick. The girl was probably right, and he didn't feel like dealing with more than one fire-breathing something. With that last thought, he emptied his mind, recalling how it felt like to be a Pokemon in a battle, waiting for the opponent to make a move. Human reflexes may not be as good as Pokemon ones, but judging by the fact the pooch hadn't Flamethrowered his behind to next week he seemed to have lucked out: it was probably a low-leveled one. A pain to train later, but he wasn't going to be picky when everything he owned was stolen, picked up or had come out of nowhere.

The pooch followed the Howl with a Leer, and Rhapsody took the chance it wasn't more fire to charge straight at it. Knowing what was coming, the Houndour quickly leaped out of the way, fire ready to be shot again. However, the male had acted as soon as the dog's paws left the ground, throwing the stick at its feet and making it trip when it landed, delaying the Ember attack for the two seconds Rhapsody needed to hit it as hard as he could with the Pokeball he had gotten earlier.

The ball opened and the Houndour disappeared into a red light as Rhapsody fell to the ground, unable to stop the momentum behind his last hit. Cursing under his breath (now he kinda understood why trainers were given their first Pokemon instead of sending a twelve-years-old off to kick Rattatas - wait how did he know that), he spotted the ball twirling thrice before the red glow in the middle settled down with a final 'click'.

"Doggy hasn't burnt anything off, has he?" he asked the girl, picking up the ball and dusting his clothes, mindful of the cacophony of barks that was rapidly approaching. "Anyway, run or hide?"

((I promise from now on I'll use RNGs, I just really wanted a Houndour as first poke ^^" The chance was 40% so we can say he got lucky?))

"Nothing burnt." Samantha said, "And Houndours are good trackers, so both options are not particularly good." She slid down off her perch.

"I'd suggest running - and hoping we come across a stream so they loose our scent." Now how do I know that.... ? was followed quickly by Water - ugh! But if I must.....

Ok where did that come from......? Sam didn't think she'd had a problem with water before.... but then again she'd never sleepwalked before. Which she must have done to end up in a tree.

"If they get too close before then - climb a tree fast. I've heard packs get bored if they can't reach their quarry and leave." She shrugged, again wondering where the information had come from.

[heh bees don't really like water - and if all plans fail, there's always the stress-induced shift....]

"Then we better stop wasting time," Rhapsody said, picking a direction opposite where the barks were coming from and breaking into a run. He hoped the girl wasn't hindered by her clothes (who wears what looked like a nightgown to trek through the woods anyway??), but he sure as heck wouldn't stop to help if she tripped or something. Her clothes, her responsibility.

"Ya sure know a couple things 'bout the pooches, don't ya?" he called from over his shoulder, skillfully dodging a tree root without slowing down. "You a trainer?"

"That would be very nice Opal. Thanks" Kadaen said. He didn't mind her help at all. He actually appreciates it. He doesn't remember how long he had been alone, though it felt like forever.

Amanda ate a few more sitrus berries, then walked inside the direction of Rhapsody. She got bored and wondered what was going to happen next. She doesn't remember much, but she'll figure things out.

((YO RHAPSODY IS A SMOOTH CRAZY PERSON

Can the shifters use Pokemon moves in human form?))

It knelt at a pond and stared down at its reflection. Its shape was roughly human now, though the unnatural concentric circles in its otherwise pure yellow eyes gave it away. Whatever software they'd installed on it before they woke it up (for the first time? Its memory banks were empty, it wasn't sure), it was ingenious, but not patched together very well. It stood, and sighed - one of those human subroutines that didn't seem to have any purpose, but considering the situation, it seemed appropriate. It wasn't as if it could complain; it had enough glitches for a whole server even without shoddy software. It wandered in a random direction, but away from the big concrete building it had woken up in front of.

(("It"'s a Porygon-Z. Sorry, can't initiate interactions right now, gotta go.))

{Um that's something I didn't think about. Um vote? I say yes}

((THAT WAS THE EXACT IMPRESSION I WANTED HIM TO MAKE I'M SO GLAD YOU THINK THAT

and I vote yes too))

((I'm voting either yes or null so Takhesis can't overturn the ruling even if she wanted to

Muahaha C:< (no not really but yeah, that'll work.)

Oh my gosh. No wonder Requiem went crazy.))

It stopped. (Or, more accurately, it nearly slammed its face into the dirt after its leg glitched through the ground for a split second, then decided that walking was too exciting an activity for it. At least floating meant fewer telefrag accidents.) Maybe it could transform back, but the first time was unpleasant enough. Still, it couldn't shake the feeling that it had to leave the place it woke up in and get as far as it could. It frowned. That couldn't be right. Premonitions were a side effect of memories, were they not? And it was quite sure it didn't have any of the latter at the moment. Well, it wasn't as if clipping through a tree would lead to a horrible gory death - there were safeguards against that sort of thing, even on basic model Porygons. It could stand a few falls, it decided. The humans might think it was a bit clumsy, but the feeling was getting worse. It resumed walking. Right. Left. Right. Left. Right.

Left?

It looked up to see a human with white hair (unnatural? But then again, its was pink and it didn't have much say in that), walking in a direction perpendicular to its. Was approaching a good idea? Well, it would have to talk to a human eventually. It walked forward, hands in its pockets. "Hello."

{Okay it's sad that I had to look back to see if that was my char. X.D

Also does porygon look like a girl or a boy inside human form?}

{Andohynous???????????? Sorry I don't know what that is.}

{Okay.}

Amanda looked over at a person who she couldn't tell the gender of them. She didn't want to be insulting to them by calling them an it, since she couldn't tell the gender. "Hi." She said.

[i'd say yes, though they'd have to be very careful - after all a human shifting or using pokemon abilities would be very odd tongue.gif]

Opal smiled, glad that she hadn't said anything wrong. It was nice to have company - at least company that was friendly.

"Its this way." Opal indicated a direction - and then started leading the way. She was still troubled by the fact she didn't know why she'd been running before, and the fact that she couldn't remember anything in her distant past.

Samantha started following Rhapsody in a run. To stop the nightgown-thing being in the way, she gathered the skirt part into a one-handed bundle. Not ideal, but it would have to do.

A trainer? Well it would explain how I knew those things.... but somehow doesn't seem right to claim...

"You could say that. Though I'm not really the battling kind." Hopefully that would cover her for the lack of combat-readiness earlier.

[up to you whether he thinks Sam is a Breeder or a Coordinator (Contest-entering Trainer) with her answer. Though it wouldn't explain why she has no pokeballs....]

"Then what, you one of those types that make their Pokemon do handstands and look flashy?" Rhapsody asked with a laugh. The barks were nearer and nearer (how fast could those dogs run anyway), and he was staring to consider maybe they should stop and climb a tree when he spotted a stream in front of them. It didn't look deep or thick, and normal Pokemon would have no problem paddling from one side to the other, but Fire-types hated getting wet. There were no rocks around that could serve as steps either, so if the pack wanted to cross they'd have to take a detour until it thinned enough for them to clear it in one jump. Perfect.

He made a big splash when he started wading through it, scaring off a Wooper that had been lazying around. As he thought, the deepest parts barely reached his knees and he had no difficulty arriving at the other side, though now the lower part of his body was completely soaked and his boots felt thrice as heavy and made a squishy sound with each step he took. "Damn those pooches. Oi, you holding on there?"

Samantha grinned at Rhapsody's description of Pokémon Coordinators as she darted towards and splashed her own way through the stream. It sounded like he didn't think much of them.

"And if I was - would there be a problem?" She arched her eyebrow at him. Honestly she really didn't know what kind of Trainer she was - or even if she'd been good at it.

Being barefoot - and wearing something that was light-ish to start with meant she had less of a problem than Rhapsody with soggy boots and clothes.

She looked down at herself at the question of whether she was holding on or not, and smothered a laugh as she summarised her situation:

"Apart from waking up in a tree with no idea how I got there, running away from a pack of houndours ending up with a wet nightgown - that seems to have turned somewhat transparent by the way - I'm fine!"

She looked at Rhapsody again, realising how insane her last statement sounded. Her wet nightgown had indeed turned transparent - and was in the process of hugging her legs despite her attempts to pull it away.

"What about you?" She asked, meaning both the hanging on and what Trainer type he was.

[Heehee Samantha has probably cemented herself as a mad person.... but given the situation who wouldn't be. I also have no idea whether she'd be a Coordinator/Breeder... both are equally valid considering her apparent knowledge of wild pokemon....

xd.png I just had an odd image of a Combee swarm following her around.... and acting in her defence (as per the Guard Order/Attack Order moves while she was in human form).... that has to happen at some point - just for the confused reactions]

"Alright." Kadaen said as he followed Opal. He liked her company so far. He hoped she wasn't walking on eggshells around him, he wasn't really a true fighter as in very head strong. He was more mellow.

"Nah. Put them in frilly dresses and make them dance tango if you want, won't watch but won't stop you either," he said, leaning against a tree so the plant was between him and the stream, acting as an impromptu barrier in case of long-range dog attack. By now the pack had reached the stream, 6 Houndours of various sizes barking and growling at them, but not making a move to cross the body of water or to play Ember Shooting Gallery. He wondered how long until they got bored and left as he started to squeeze the water out of the lower part of his jeans.

"That's the worst case of somnambulism I've ever heard," he commented, taking off a boot and grimacing a bit at the rush of water that came out when he held it upside-down. He wouldn't be surprised if there had been a fish there too. "Interesting way to start the day, though." And of course he didn't mention the last two occurrences were technically his fault.

"Me, I'm more of a battle guy. Planning on getting strong enough to make my name well-known. Which is Rhapsody, just so you know," he introduced himself as he repeated the actions with his other boot. Yep, that was what he was going to be called from now on. He had to admit it had a nice ring to it, considering 'first word you can think of' can net you some really weird names. At least he hadn't said 'Bohemian', that would have been weird.

Oh hey, he had fuchsia socks. Just peachy.

...If his underwear was the same color, he'd rather go commando. Would need to check when he didn't have an audience.

"Anyway, just be glad you didn't have to swim. Then the transparent would really be a problem for you," he deadpanned with a smirk, pointing at the chest area.

((Normal is overrated. And lol, the Combees part xd.png))

Edited by Puredark006

With Opal leading the way, it didn't take the pair long to reach the little hollow that she'd seen and mentioned earlier.

The tree was rather old and it looked like the roots had curled up and broken the surface, creating a little archway with a hollow underneath.

It provided some shelter, and would hide them from casual observers, though it may be a tight squeeze for the two to be completely inside.

"A little hidey hollow." Opal observed to Kadaen.

"Definitely an odd start to the day." Sam agreed while Rhapsody tried to deal with his wet clothes.

She had given up on trying to stop her nightgown clinging, as he explained his intentions and introduced himself.

"Mine's Samantha. Just Sam is fine though."

Then came his comment about swimming and transparency.

"That it would." Sam said seriously, leaning against a nearby tree. Then - just so Rhapsody wasn't the only one having fun with words - she crossed her arms over her chest and smirked back.

"Too bad for you that I won't be taking any dips in the near future."

[OK, Sam is almost daring him to do something - like pick her up and dump her in the water. Though that may not go down too well - though it could be funny if Amanda and the Porygon-Z saw the incident.

Misconceptions aplenty...

Kadaen will also find Opal's a bit of a snuggler if they both share the hollow - though that's only due to the fact more tails grow the more affection the Vulpix receives - usually from a Trainer, but I'd imagine Wild Vulpixes (Vulpi?) would get that from their families and friends.]

((Warning that he may or may not take up that dare if Sam gets too close to the stream))

"You calling me a pervert? I'm not the one strutting around the woods wearing next to nothing," Rhapsody joked, taking off and squeezing his now-wet gloves. Maybe he should have taken them off before handling the boots. Well, too late now. At least he didn't get his sleeves wet.

The pack of dogs had apparently decided they had done enough barking, and had disappeared the way they came from while they had the small chat. That suited him just fine, and he pressed the button of the newly occupied ball to let his own dog out. The Houndour materialized between the two, blinking a few times and then sniffing the air a bit. That reminded him...

"Say, do you even have pockets in that thing? Where do you keep your Pokemons?" he asked Sam, spinning the Houndour's Pokeball on the tip of his index like a mini-basketball.

[heehee - it is entirely possible that may happen. Or not - depending on whether its a good idea at the time. Just so you know - you do have my permission to do it if you decide to.]

Pushing off from the tree, Sam rolled her eyes as she replied lightly.

"You? A pervert? Never." She tilted her head to one side as she continued, "Though you were the one to point out my clothing - or lack thereof."

Then came the question of pockets and Pokémon. Thinking fast, Sam replied.

"Nope - no pockets. My pokemon are probably eating something or sleeping at home. Picking up their pokeballs was obviously too much like forward planning for my sleepwalking self."

She took his earlier assumption of how she ended up in a tree - and hopefully it sounded like a somewhat plausible explanation too. Though she did just admit that she had no pokemon in a place where wild attacks were likely....

She looked over at the other side of the stream to see that the wild Houndour had already left.

"Wait, are you telling me you walked all the way from your home to the middle of the woods at night?" Rhapsody asked, raising an eyebrow. He had thought Sam was just traveling through and had only climbed a tree, not walked who knew how long without waking up or having an accident. Then again, that explained the clothing, but it was a hard thing to swallow.

The Houndour had sat down and was looking between the two humans curiously, ears perked up as she observed their antics.

((It's okay PoryZed doesn't really understand anything about humans beyond the fact that they exist. Genders? Clothes?? Sex??? What))

It blinked. "Yes," it said, then shut its mouth. What had it planned to do? It had sort of assumed the human would start talking, or something, but all it got was a greeting. "Um. I don't suppose you...know where we are?"

Sam glanced over at him,

"I guess I am. Sounds really crazy doesn't it?" She shrugged a little.

"I was hoping I could head home before any wild pokemon attacked - to change and pick up my pokemon." At that a rueful grin appeared, "Guess your new puppy and his friends had other ideas."

Sam wasn't about to admit she had no idea where 'home' was. She was just assuming she had a home relatively nearby and some pokemon.

Otherwise she may just breakdown completely... simply from stress. And that wasn't an option.

[An idea.... perhaps when they get to a road and find a signpost/end up in town they see an old reward poster/Missing poster from their kidnapping? Up to you who's face is on it.

I'd imagine there'd have been a few attempts to find them...]

"Pooch. His name's gonna be Pooch," Rhapsody clarified, making the Houndour look at him with a face that clearly showed her opinion of the male's lack of naming originality. "Well if you don't like it nothing's retaining you here," he shot, letting the ball fall to his hand and pocketing it in one swift motion. He didn't know if it was because he seemed to be half-Pokemon, but he didn't feel like getting the dog inside the ball unless it wanted to or it was needed.

The Houndour barked in disbelief and turned to sit with her back towards the two humans, though she showed no sign of running away back to her pack. She also made a point to sit with her head held high so they knew her intention had been to give them the cold shoulder.

"Though I guess you're right about that last part," he admitted, scratching the back of his head, though the admission only came because it had been brought up. Wait, if that 'home' was in a town...

"Say, how 'bout me and Pooch walk you home as an apology?" he quickly offered. Towns usually came with a Pokemon Center where he could heal Pooch and try to find out more about the woods and where the heck he was. Besides, it would make him seem polite, which could come in handy later if he wanted to ask a favor.

((Could be. Couldn't be Rhapsody though, I imagine he comes from a big city))

[Okies I'm happy for Sam's face to be on the poster - though I have no idea how she'd explain that...]

Samantha was caught a little off-guard by the apology - she hadn't intended for it to sound like she was actually blaming him.

The Houndour - Pooch - seemed to be very miffed by the new name.

"I'd like that." Samantha agreed, mainly as the company would make her feel a little less lost plus if any wild pokemon came their way it would be beneficial for both.

Her to have a guard, and it would be good training for Rhapsody's battling career.

[i'm thinking the Combee swarm show up if they run into one of the NPC lab search parties?]