Clown_of_God

Ascension - A Race Against Time

Roxy nodded and her hair frilled back out into it's original form in a most unnatural set of movements. She smiled and ran her hair threw her hair, "Much better. Never do that again", she said to Tyler. She hated covering her head and now that she didn't have too, she wouldn't. Watching in embarrassment as Nikki calmly requested permission to dock. Her hair flushed to pink and she rubbed her upper arm, "Well that's soooooo much easier.", she said, "I guess I just assumed that they were too primitive to receive space travelers." She really needed to pay better attention to what was going on. She could clearly see space traffic orbiting the planet. She listened to Nikki's explanation and waved her off, "I'm not even going to try to follow that", she said, "Can't I be your your numbers guy or something?" Being a drifter her whole life, she didn't have much business experience. She couldn't remember the last time she even bought anything.

They were nearing the atmosphere of the planet and Roxy was itching to go. She thought for a moment, " port 002-13-427, right?", she was itching to get down there and it wasn't like she really needed to wait on the others. She really didn't need the ship to touch down on Earth. She was itching to explore this new world and it was showing.

Edited by padfoot

((Hey, I really won't be able to play on this RP anymore because I'm really busy and just don't have time to do it sad.gif Sorry))

Ansgar cocked his head, confused. The previous conversation had left him a bit concerned.

"Hide my Sparks?" he asked, concerned. "But haven't you all ever heard of the race of aliens known as Luxos? They're tiny balls of electric light that hover around people on their planet and seem to never leave them..."

He grinned at their confusion.

"Of course, that's what we'll tell people. Truth be told, I can't control the sparks nor hide them. If I must, I can stay here and sleep here on my own. They don't obey my commands. They're sentient. They're like little people. They just like me enough to fly around. If you want them to hide, you'll have to ask them yourself."

He turned to the little creatures, allowing them to alight on his arm like small butterflies.

"Besides, with the amount of oddity that seems to be ever-present in the world these days, I HIGHLY doubt anyone would ask questions. There's aliens with seven eyes, large breasted cow people, and a strange species of humanoid called a 'neko' something. I doubt that we'd be very concerning. Still, it's up to the... uh... Captain."

He turned to Nikki, smiling.

"Isn't that right, frauline?" he said, pleased.

Edited by Thaelasan

[Polari, what was the point of that post? We've pretty much assumed so, since you haven't posted in upwards of ten pages...]

Tyler yawned, cocking his head back and letting it fall into his hands. The ceiling was made of the same grey-black steel as the rest of the ship, reminiscent of that same ship that delivered himself from Quarl. That was the name of the planet where those little grey men were, so long ago. He wondered how they would react if they realized what they had given help to. Turning to Ansgar, he sighed. He walked up to the little beings, stepping down to one knee to get a better look at them. Holding up a finger, he studied the creatures.

"Hey. We need you guys to hide for us. There are things down there on that blue planet there which'll disperse you guys. That means you won't be able to come back. Death, essentially, for beings of pure energy." He smiled.

"So hide, okay? I can make a little sphere for each of you that will protect ya, if you really want to come with."

Ansgar had said the little guys were sentient. How? They were naught but energy. It would be believable if they were only conduits for his powers, but sentient creature? Surely the boy would be able to tell them what to do, or at the very least they would listen to him. Otherwise, how would he be able to use his powers? Ask them nicely? That wouldn't fly in an intense battle, not to mention telegraphing your own attacks against them. An attentive opponent could study such actions, then react accordingly. It might even get him killed.

...Nah. Tyler made up for most of Ansgar's shortcomings; protection for when he gets himself into situations he cannot handle, and a clear mind when his own would otherwise be muddled. They worked well together. He was like a magnet, drawing the boy in when he acted stupidly. Especially helped that they were good friends.

"Ansgar does have a point though. Besides, pure energy is very hard to see without something to mask their form. Ansgar would be difficult to notice if he didn't wear a form of his body, essentially clothes for corporeal beings. Although, that's just an analogy. I'm sure if he really tried, then he could be the perfect assassin. Creator knows his power synergizes well with the profession." He sighed.

Edited by Astrodeath311

The Sparks turned to each other, huddling. They began to talk amongst themselves, static arcing as they did so. Finally, they turned back to Tyler, Volt moving so that he was ahead of them.

"Ok, friend of father." he said, nodding. "But Father, is that really ok?"

Ansgar nodded politely, patting the little thing. It was obvious if anyone else had done so, it would have hurt.

"Alright, go to your places." Ansgar said, holding out his hand. The sparks leapt onto his arm, Volt staying behind. Each of them found eight separate places on his body, in perfect symmetry, and hid underneath his clothes. Soon, they couldn't be seen at all.

"I withdrew them. They have to agree with it, of course." Ansgar cracked his fingers. "But it also means my power is limited now. And it's not that easy to call them back out, Tyler. I wanted to make sure you all were sure you wanted them hidden before I did so. They have to be called back from my pure energy mass, and that's not easy. Their sentience is now part of me again. It's like putting even more emotions inside of me. I can handle it but it's why they were created in the first place - I will become unstable sooner or later and start to shock all over the place. They release energy that I've built up over time by zapping the ground and zapping each other, changing negative energy to positive and vice versa. After all, energy is based on reactions, you know."

With that said, he replaced his gloves and smiled.

"That also means I can't turn back to my normal form while they're in me. Pure Energy Ansgar will be with you for a bit longer. Tyler, would you mind changing my clothes into a white versions of themselves, but without being too tacky? I'm afraid there ARE Olimpians on Earth, so I could be recognized."

"Make me your magnet then, mate. I'm happy to help you any time you need it, Ansgar. That's what friends are for, is it not? You be the Spear, I'll be the Shield, alright?"

Tyler sighed, looking at the boy. Now, more than ever, he needed guidance. He never got any from his planet, they've just hated him because he was different. The boy never had any profound impact on his life. The whole situation with Vanguard had shown that to him; Ansgar needed Tyler to guide his dumb ass. But the same also rang true for Tyler, otherwise he risked ending up like Blind had. That man had never had anybody to care about, anybody who needed him. Tyler shook his head, bringing himself back to the present. Ansgar had asked him to change the color of his clothes. He sighed, shaking his head.

"You're raw electrons right now, mate. I can't change around your physiology, you might not come back in one piece when you tire of that form. Besides, you're still electrons. Do it yourself; that form is merely a facade that you dictate."

Melding together a chair, Tyler sat down in it carelessly and yawned. He looked Ansgar over again, then realized that he was a being of energy as much as the Sparks were. That meant he was susceptible to EMP attacks, which was something Tyler really never had to worry about. Photons couldn't be disrupted by such a thing.

That was Wright! Focusing on the boy, Tyler commanded the photons in the air to form themselves around Ansgar, a shield to protect him from those who would like to do them harm.

"There, kid. Anyways, big bad E.M.P. shouldn't bother you now." Shaking his head, Tyler sighed again and took stock of the group. Nikki, Roxy, Matt, Tyler, and Ansgar; a medley of different people, all united by a common goal. It was amazing how such things worked.

Edited by Astrodeath311

Ansgar suddenly blinked.

"Orite."

He immediately transformed his facade into a new form, with new clothing formed from electricity.

"Looks fine, right? And thanks for the E.M.P. protection, brother." Ansgar said, patting the man on the shoulder. "Anyway, can we land now?"

Matt was ready to land though finding a story to tell would be hard he was sure there was a way to do it. Matt wasn't even sure e would be noticed actually maybe he could meet the others in the city and tag along with them into the hotel as a new acquaintance? Either way he knew he would be safer to stick with the others. He saw roxy itching to just jump down there so he walked beside her looking out at the mostly blue sphere of a planet that was getting bigger and bigger as they approached. He leaned closer to the window absorbing the details of the space travel all around them. "I can't wait to get down there. I really wanna just teleport down there but i feel it safest not to use my powers and to stay with you guys for now until i'm sent off alone on a solo mission or something."

((So... I've got this awesome fight sequence in mind between Ansgar and Mina. When the time comes, of course, but it's gonna be all WHOOSH! WOOZAH! CASHAM! HYAH! Yeah... It's gonna be awesome. Anyway...))

((As for a post... ehh... let's just say we've docked. Nikki was asked a series of questions upon arrival, one of the most prominent questions relating to her age. I mean, wouldn't YOU be concerned if an 18 year old girl just so happened to be the pilot of a ship containing Class 6 weapons? XP

Anyway... yeah... remember who you were partnered with and go off of that. If Matt wishes to tag along with one of the groups, that's fine, they aren't really doing any scouting aside from locating a hotel or a reserve to rent out while they stay there. *shrugs*

Remember, don't use your abilities too much, and try not to make it obvious that you are. Else... something bad might happen. ;P ))

(( Oh don't worry. Tyler and I have planned out something else again. ))

Ansgar stepped out of the ship, admiring the scenery with pleasure. The entire city sprawled before him.

Once, it had been known as Huntsville, Alabama. Warner Von Braun and his team of experts had shot off rockets here centuries ago. Now, it had changed into another huge show of industry and technology. It was like modern-day Tokyo or Akhibara magnified roughly one million percent.

UFOs of other species flew around the city. Ansgar began to realize these were like the "cars" he had had on Olimpus. Giant screens depicting advertisements and news were on every corner. The sidewalks had escalators on them to get to the higher floors of buildings were shops were stacked upon each other. Vacuum tubes carrying both passengers and objects alike were sprawled around as well.

And this was only scratching the surface. Ansgar was infatuated.

"Nikki... Tyler.." he said, turning. "This is GLORIOUS! We need to go and have some fun, you know!?"

"You realize we're here for a reason, Ansgar?" Tyler said, while shaking his head. The only reason they were there was to find clues about the Throne of the Gods. That was it. They weren't there to have fun, nor to make friends. Humanity wasn't their friend. Walking down the landing platform, he looked around the planet. Up to the sky, then down to the earth. Oh...there wasn't any. The planet was nothing but a concrete jungle. It was quite a change, coming from Lar, where the grass was green and the trees grew taller than Vikare. He sighed, dropping down to his knee. He breathed in the new air, then yawned as he realized he'd have to eat on this planet. Technically, using his power to nourish his body was still using his power. So he stopped, sadly. He would probably want to eat in... oh, about five and a half hours? He wondered how Earth cuisine would taste, then walked forward.

He turned to Ansgar with a smile on his face. A new planet to explore, even though it was incredibly dangerous to be on the capitol of the planet who eradicated your species oh so long ago. Bah! Danger Smanger. Nothing to do about it, though. Everybody knew that you couldn't change the past, no matter how hard you wanted it. Creator probably could, and Seer MIGHT be able to do it... but at what cost? It might even destroy half the universe. Tyler might be able to create a time machine, Creator knows he was good enough at building. Though he'd need a timebender to power the damn thing. And he doubted the Seer would help him in his endeavor.

Yawning, Tyler turned to Ansgar.

"We're probably gonna need to make some new friends if we wanna get some money, mate."He walked up to a random person on the street, grasping them on the shoulder.

"Where can me and my friend over there get some work? We're mercenaries, you see."

The woman was a little shaken, then pointed over to a building that Tyler hadn't noticed before. It looked quite dilapidated, but there were some shady characters heading in and out of it. Loosening the clasp on his pistol, he motioned for Ansgar to follow him. Yawning as he thought about it, he realized that the boys clothes weren't right for such a place. He shook his head, then tossed it out. They could take care of each other in even unfair fights, if it came to that. Ansgar had the skill and speed to dodge incoming attacks from multiple foes, while Tyler shot at targets of opportunity. They were a great team, Tyler could even convert energy from the latent photons into a usable substance for Ansgar. Not that they would be using their powers of course. And if someone had a sword, tried to pierce Ansgar with it... that would be quite the problem.

No matter. Ansgar was so ****ing fast he'd never be touched anyways!

Edited by Astrodeath311

Roxy could tell she was going to have a problem as soon as she got off the ship. A entire planet of people. It was beautiful and exciting and scary all at once. Her hair was going mad with color. She caught up with Nikki just as she heard a commotion behind her.

"What the Hell, Mike!", a voice yelled from the docking area behind her.

She turned to see that a few large shipping crates were levitating around as if the gravity had been turned off.

"Turn the Anti-grav off before these hurt somebody!" a man in a cargo mech yelled as he tried to wrangle the crates from over his head. Roxy quickly switched gravity and everything came crashing back down. Roxy turned and hooked her arm through Nikki's, "Lets get away from here", she said as calmly as she could and picking up her pace. they turned left into the flow of foot traffic and vanished in the crowd.

Silently cursing, her fingers curled into tense, Come on. I'm stronger than this. Just becasue I haven't ascended, doesn't mean I should be losing control of my powers. I have been taught to use my powers since I was 7. I mean sure, my tricks tend to stick to nearby places but that's only at home. God, I could have hurt someone! How could I be so....augh! I need to train. Wonder if any of the others would spar with me. It's been a while since I fought one of them. I really don't want to hurt them. I guess since they are all gods now, I can't really hurt them. She frowned. This inner monologue thing was pretty depressing but she couldn't help it. Her hair shifted deeper and deeper blue, everyone has been acting differently lately too. Not extremely but something is definitely off. Everyone is so...serious ever since we met back up on Lar. What happened to them when they ascended? Everyone had such weight on their minds. Thoughts so heavy I can swear I can feel them when I pass by. It was icky feeling. Kinda like the edge of a dimension. No wonder everyone was at everyone's throats. That and they were all tired. I am the only one that got any sleep lately. They were going to half to spend a few extra days on earth so everyone can get their strength back. What was the rush anyway?

AS they walked on and the commotion from the dock faded behind them, Roxy slowed down. She was too busy giving herself whiplash from looking at all the sights of this new world. She was a tourist in the purest form. She had never been around this many people. There are probably more people on this sidewalk than there were on all of Phang. She pretty much forgot what they were looking for. She was too busy planning what she was going to do as soon as she had some free time. Without looking at Nikki she spoke: "Hey Nikki. What do you think about hanging around on earth for a few extra days?" she asked, wanting to get a second opinion, "I mean, we are all pretty wiped. We could use a vacation, no matter how small". She smiled, her hair changing to a warm amber. She liked that idea, sleep. She paused to stare at a long-legged blue spider creature that just picked it's way over top of them. She looked around to see if anyone else was going to act surprised. No? Only me, I guess.

She dropped her eyes again, "Hey uh, What...happened after you beat yourself?", she asked. To be honest. She was terrified of fighting her future self again. She barely escaped with her life the last time. Besides, Roxy was no where near Yxor's level of power and if they fought again, Roxy would not be coming back. Most of the fight was blind luck anyway. It was like fighting a bear blindfolded and only allowed to throw objects you find in a toy box. She got that one in a million shot that made the bear leave her alone. She hoped that she could just stay a demi-god. She didn't think she was ready for that kind of responsibility. Or maybe the Seer will show back up and give her a alternate test. It would be nice if she could just give her the Kicked Your Future Self In The Teeth badge so she could move up a level on the godladder.

Edited by padfoot

Matt Sighed as he walked down the platform. Hearing a remark about gravity only to see her and Nikki going one way and Ansgar and Tyler the other. He let out a soft sigh and rubbed the back of his head. They had to find information on something that probably everyone on this planet feared? Sighing matt shook his head realizing that he would need to find a library.

After walking around he decided asking would be best. He walked up to an older gentlemen. "Sir, i am new here, do you mind pointing out the library around here?" He nodded pointing out a tall building down the street. Walking up to it after bowing his head in thanks matt saw that it was indeed the library.He slowly walked in knowing that he would have a lot of reading to do.

As Tyler and Ansgar were walking through the streets, a boy bumped into Tyler and stopped short after passing him. With his head hung, a hood covering his features, and hands in his pockets nothing seemed strange about him. When he looked up and his eyes met with Tyler's, a smile spread across his lips for a moment before he turned and continued walking.

"I'll see you soon... newborn."

------

Nikki looked at Roxy for a moment and then up at the cloudy skies, thinking back on the events that occurred during her fight. What had happened? All she could really explain was a swell of memories and emotions all poured into her at once. Memories of her other selves that had experienced different events. Well... before they were either killed or trapped within some kind of prison. One of the memories had hung in her mind the longest.

Trapped within a cage of clouds and energy, a secluded area made by Ansgar that was meant for her protection. Nikki couldn't recall how long she had been imprisoned within those confines, but she remembered her Ansgar coming up and bashing on the wall in an attempt to release her. That Nikki, she had seen the horrified look on her Ansgar's face, how he tried to pull his younger self away to prevent fate. Yet, the screen cracked and the wall shattered. Within that same instant, there had been a cold intrusion and a swell of pain the girl hadn't experienced before. A darker version of herself had finally come and snagged her life away.

"It was overwhelming. A rush of memories and experiences swelled into my mind in an instant and I didn't know how to comprehend it all. So much pain and suffering had occurred within my other selves experiences that I didn't want to comprehend it all. As you saw, I was in a frenzy when I returned, the biggest event that sparked it was how Ansgar betrayed everyone."

Pausing, Nikki looked at Roxy and smiled encouragingly, showing she wouldn't let such things happen.

"There was also a great swell of energy, like I had just woken from a full night's worth of sleep, despite how I had just endured one of the most rigorous fights of my life. Before that had happened, there was nothing but pain and agony. It was almost like I was a rag doll, being tossed around effortlessly. My other self had so much strength and an almost impenetrable defense. It was a wonder I was even able to land a hit, much less a fatal one at that. I'm sure the others had a similar feeling and I feel like that's what you're going through right now. Like, if you were to face against your other self again, there wouldn't even be a chance for you to win against such a monster. Am I right?"

((By the way, Nikki didn't flaunt the fact she could make the coin for no reason. Before everyone landed, she made five for everyone. So... ))

Edited by zakku_uchiha

((Oh? What makes you say that and makes you think he was talking about age? Anyway... that's all you have to say? No post?))

I didn't think he was talking about age, and of course not my dear Zakku. "boy" ))

The dread had dissipated somewhat until a boy careening through the crowd bumped into him and stared at him. Tyler normally wouldn't pay any special attention to this, but he had said something about seeing the man soon. At that, his head jerked in the boys general direction, seeing him saunter off. He sighed, commanding the photons in front of the new kid to become solid. The result was rather interesting, but Tyler wasn't paying attention. His hands were in his pockets, face forward, moving into his building. The five pieces of Vesgul gold were still there, in special cases that originated from Passer. That ominous feeling returned, except now it felt like he was being watched. Stopping, Tyler turned to look around him. Nothing had seemed particularly out of place, but he couldn't shake the feeling of impending doom.

Yawning to try and keep a hold on your emotions, that always worked. Except it didn't this time. Tyler turned and entered the building.

Inside, there were all sorts of thugs. There was one who was missing an eye and most of his nose, nasty, by the way. Tyler realized that he would look green as grass as he sat, but shook his head. No reason to use any more of his ability without getting to a safe place first. He walked carelessly forward, to the bar. Leaning on it, he struck up a conversation with the tender. She just so happened to be a woman, as well. Perfect.

"Ah, man... This little girl is so special. She's just turned eighteen and thinks she can boss me and my mate around 'cause she comes from a rich family." Yawning to show his displeasure, Tyler sat down on one of the various stools.

"Vodka with OJ, please."

"Sure."

With that, he turned in his seat and surveyed the crowd, checking again for anything that didn't seem quite right; people staring at him for no reason, etc. All was well, and he was interrupted from his observation by the woman slamming down his drink. Picking it up gingerly, Tyler took a swig before putting it down again. He needed to play himself off as a badass, otherwise bad things might happen. Ansgar needed to stick by his side in a place like this, and his clothes wouldn't help his case either. Tyler came prepared, but there was nothing he could do for the boy. Neither of them would want to get into a fight with this crowd, gods or not.

(((If you wanted to look badass you shouldn't have ordered a screwdriver xd.png )))

Roxy nodded slowly, dull yellow crept up her mohawk, "Yeah..." she started, "My other self got dark. Like, really dark. Her hair didn't change color anymore. It was as black as...well, dark matter I guess", she paused. What would cause her hair to turn a solid color. She had heard of Phangite's hair freezing on a certain tint but that was more of a mutation. Such as auburn hair or different color eyes. She had never seen someone's hair turn black before. She looked at her friend, then watched a strange craft pass overhead, "She was a monster. And fought unfair, and mercilessly ..and she was a censorkip.gif*", she listed the reasons she would lose in a fight with her, "I just need practice". She chose to put on a positive mask to hide her doubt. She needed to think positively anyway. She had a feeling that she would be seeing herself in the near future.

Roxy was cut short when a firm hand grabbed her arm. She twisted free and spun around, prepared to flatten whatever punk was trying to mug her. She froze when she saw the robes. They were every color of the visible spectrum and seemed to sparkle with a light of it's own. Roxy knew these robs all to well. It was a group of very regal looking people, three women and a man stopped in the middle of the side walk and gawking at her like they had seen a ghost. The woman that had grabbed her pulled back her hood to reveal a short set of multicolored dreadlocks. Roxy swallowed hard and glanced at Nikki when the older woman's hair change to a bright pink.

"Grand Priestess Roxous?" Dreadlocks asked in bewilderment, "I....I can't believe I'm standing in front of you", she said, making a few quick hand movement below her bowed head. The others followed suite. Roxy took a timid step back and glanced at her friend hopefully. She looked back at the group and forced a nervous laugh, "Woah, lady. I think you got the wrong girl", she said in a lame attempt to throw them, all the while her hair changed to a nervous green. She knew that it was rare for a woman to leave the comet, only missionary from the Consilium and young men left home.

Another woman from the group, this one with a mohawk like Roxy's, stepped forward and tried to grab her wrist, 'Come with us rever, we must contact the Consilium at once. We found you, now you can come home." the woman said. Roxy seemed to puff up like a cat when that was said. She neverwanted to go back to that place. Wait! they must not know that Phang was swallowed up by a black hole. If they find that out, every Phangite in the galaxy will be looking for me... she thought, looking at Nikki, and for them. Theses people knew that she had command over space. They had all seen it. Hell, they showed video's of her shrinking houses and levitating things to kids in school as a proof of the Gods. To top it all off, they were currently on the planet that killed their predecessors. They needed to vanish. and Quick.

Without a word, Roxy spun around and grabbed Nikki's arm, "We need to get away from here" was all she said as she dove ahead in the crowd. As she worked through the slower moving foot traffic with her friend in tow, she could hear the Missionaries shout in protest behind them. Getting no where with pushing, she instead drug the girl into an too narrow alleyway. Roxy flicked her wrist and increased the space between the buildings to just enough for them to squeeze through. The ally returned to normal behind them as they moved forward. She cut a hard left and found themselves in a regular alleyway. The cool kind with dumpsters and stray cats. Roxy let go of Nikki and walked forward, her hands on her yellow hair, "Nikki those people were from my planet. they know about my crazy powers" she said, freaking out a bit. She needed to calm down. Earth was a big place, there was no way that they would find them that soon. How was she so unlucky? she looked back at Nikki, "Ok. Ok. No big deal. We will just keep laying low. It will take them at least a day to realize that Phang isn't where they left it. Maybe they will give up once they realized that their home is gone?", she liked the sound of that. She felt bad for dragging Nikki into this mess.

Edited by padfoot

((Agreed. A screwdriver is far from looking... badass... much less even manly. Now, if you wanna look badass, get a shot of Ever Clear, light it on fire, and then shoot it down before it burns up.))

Smiling, the boy paused short of the photon wall before him. Raising his hand up and placing it against the wall, he chuckled ever so slightly and ripped his hand back. It was gone. Nothing stood in his way any longer and the boy could continue on, but he remained in his spot and looked back at the building the newborn had gone into.

Shouldn't have put on a show, now you've confirmed what you really are. I'll give them a hour.

------

In the alleyway, a giant dark skinned man, accompanied by a girl half his size a fairer skinned, stared at the two girls just on the opposite end. They each had their arms crossed and the girl was tapping her foot and shaking her head, making a tsking noise. Beside her, the large man held a stern look, but had dropped his arms to his sides. Looking at each other for a moment, there seemed to be some sort of mental communication between the two before they both nodded and the girl charged down the alleyway. She seemed to be aiming for Roxy.

"It's a shame that you're not even Awake yet, but a fight is a fight and a kill is a kill."

((( unfortunately I am about to walk into work. Ill post in 4 or 5 hours)))

[Yawn. Tyler didn't make any indications that he was the one who did it. Does the kid sense abilities being used? If he does then how come he didn't smell Roxy out?]

((Simple, he's not after Roxy. Also, why would he go after her when there are others already in her area? I feel as if you have this need to question everything I do. Who? What? Where? When? Why? How? Just... let me post. It'll be explained.))

Matt looked around the library seeming never to tire as he loved to read. He read up on many things such as earths history a little about the god destroyers but he could find nothing about the gods planet or where it could be. Matt sighed softly rubbing the back of his head and started looking around for a part of the library that may keep forbidden books. He closed his eyes looking through every shadow of every book but still finding none. He opened his eyes as It would seem he had just fallen asleep while reading and he rubbed his eyes yawning.

Roxy looked at the man and woman blocking their path down the ally. She looked at Nikki as a concerned gold crept into her hair. It took a moment for what was going on to click, "WAit, were you guys just standing here and waiting on us?", she asked with a chuckle. It seemed like a lot of preparation just to mug someone.

That assumption was made false as so as the small woman said that she wasn't awake. "oh" was all she said with a apologetic smile, "Sorry guys. I didn't realize you were a big deal. Her hair turned white as the girl charged her. Roxy put her fists up to protect her face. I don't want to hurt the girl but I can't leave Nikki behind she thought. Instead of attacking her head on, Roxy reversed gravity in the alley before her. Garbage, dirty water, dumpsters, and anything else that wasn't nailed down fell up into the air. When everything got to a good height, Roxy nullified gravity so everything remained suspended. She looked at her floating adversary, "You guys should have brought a gun", she said, "You would have better luck with a gun".