lycrawaterz14

Sweet_waterz

Caleb turned at the sound of Ito's voice, smiling at the teacher. "You live in a lovely place," he hummed, deciding he would quite like to spend some time here. Another day, perhaps. He swayed slightly when Valen was deposited in his arms, but managed not to keel over, instead walking after Ito. "No flying," he piped up.

"This is a dragon's roost, Caleb. Just think... Mountain goat." He smirked, and Valen grumbled I. Her sleep. "I hope she is less of a dead weight later on." He sighed at her. Elena smacked his shoulder as she walked through the doorway. "C'mon Caleb. I'll catch up with you guys momentarily." Ito sighed.

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Caleb's eyes widened at the violent statement. Why couldn't they just let him be for once, instead of making a mean comment? He sighed and followed his teacher, wishing Valen were awake to defend him.

Ito read his face and opened his mouth. "I meant the height and terrain! Good God Caleb!" He grumbled. "Not snack time. I wouldn't let you get yourself killed." He huffed. Elena was already there, and sure enough he wasn't joking. It was sheer cliff face, as if someone had just cut off the top of stalagmites instead of normal mountains. A shadow passed overhead and a dragon landed about two peaks over. It clung to the side of the 'mountain' before climbing back into a hole, like a snake slithering into its burrow. "Watch out. Don't stand on landing pads." Elena warned.

Caleb looked mildly ashamed, but didn't respond. If the outlook was bleak this early.. What chance did they have? "I'll be fine. Satyrs can climb fairly well," he replied, already springing up to the next outcropping. His hooves did well on the stone.

Ito returned within moments, hooded in a cloak. "Alright, let's go. Caleb... it's the other way. There's a set of stairs over here..." He waved them on, Valen becoming a burden for gesturing. She was still asleep in his arms.

"This is an all female haven. I'm not saying that figuratively. This is an actual haven. That's what it's called. It's a place where dragons can be socialized with humans. Sometimes the occasional wyvern wanders in, and it picks a fight or two." Ito shrugged. Elena tapped Caleb. "You know about dragons and wyverns, right? Wyverns are bigger, from this side of the world, and hell of a lot meaner. Blood is venomous, and they smell horrid to dragons. Same vice versa to the wyverns. Ito's only half, so the dragons know, but are too confused to act usually. Ito could kill a dragon with a wave of his hand though, so... no struggle there." She shrugged. "KEEP UP." Ito called back.

All of this was very confusing, but Caleb just nodded and kept walking. Why would anyone kill a dragon, anyway? "Let's just not pick a fight, how about that?" He suggested timidly. He could always calm everyone, but just in case that didn't work...

"That's the plan~" Elena smiled. Ito was already leading the way up to the haven, still remembering after all of this time...

Caleb glanced around as he followed them, wondering if Valen would ever wake up. If they got into a battle situation, she'd be a dead weight.

Valen snuggled up against his chest. "Hello~ Where are we?" She asked, blinking and yawning. Ito stopped, and braced himself, making a peal that was only similar to a giant bird. The force of it made his hood fall, but he smiled. Another dragon flew over, copying his sound. Ito grinned back at Caleb. "We're good now. They know I'm here."

Caleb looked down at Valen with a slight smile. "We're in a dragon cave, apparently," he replied, jumping when Ito made a loud noise. "But I'm not sure why, exactly."

"Is this the place he was talking about?" She asked, curling into his chest and trying to cuddle again. "It smells weird..."

By now Caleb was fairly used to this, and didn't mind the cuddling. "I believe so. Its full of dragons who probably eat goat for breakfast," he mumbled.

"And girls." Valen added, and smiled at him. "Maybe you'll find one. Heh."

They approached a large gate now, and Ito just waited. He called to the two girls at the top in a strange language and they blinked. Elena sighed. "What language do you speak?" She asked. The two girls smiled. "Yours?" They yelled back. Elena elbowed Ito. "Told you you were getting old..." She teased. Ito just put back up his hood. "May we come in? We have a very old man coming home." The girls just shrugged, and the large gates swung open.

(It's getting hard to understand what's happening now, everything is really condensed without subtext)

Caleb just huffed at her. "Life isn't just about finding women," he argued, but gave up after that. "Are you actually going to tell us what we're doing here? I'm kind of lost."

(Sorry, I was at a competition and trying to type before my event...)

Ito walked in after Elena, and took to Caleb's side. "I suppose you're quite lost... Maybe we can ask for a tour. If they still have those. This is the Elysian Mountains. Legend says that this was once where virgin sacrifices were sent to dragons so they would protect and not raid the village. It turned into a resting stop for dragons all over the world, and more of an academy for young dragon caretakers. My mother was born here. She was supposed to be the high priestess, but ran away. I was supposed to take her place but... I guess I did the same. I put someone in my place though... she was the top student. This sounded like the place in your prophecy... but there is plenty of both sirens and dragons here, as well as royalty." He smiled at Caleb. Valen squirmed. "Down?" She asked.

Caleb listened with wonder, nodding here and there to show that he understood. "If you didn't run off, I wouldn't have such a good teacher," he replied with a little grin, setting Valen down since she seemed ready to walk on her own again. "So.. Are dragons friendly? Maybe we can ask a few for help with the riddle, they might know what some parts mean."

Ito smirkedd. "You must think me bread, to butter me so well." He mumbled. "I wouldn't suggest roaming around dragons asking them for help. This is a haven after all, some may be hurt, others sick or lost. It might be best if you just stick close by. We can go out and ask later, just don't go alone... Valen?" Ito called out. Valen had ran to catch up with Elena. She turned back and smiled. "Stay close..." Ito huffed.

Caleb was extremely comfused before he finally understood the metaphor, and he couldn't help but grin. He liked word plays. "Well, you're the dragon expert, so I'll just listen to you," he replied with a shrug, watching the girls ahead.

Ito laughed. "Yeah, me, the dragon expert." He chuckled. "I'm going to have to avoid being eaten too..."

"Well you know more than us. And you certainly look like more of a dragon- I'm walking mutton chops!" Caleb countered, already on the look out for dragons among them.

Ito turned an odd shade of red. "Er... actually I don't... here, feel." He held out a scaled arm. "It's alright. It's not going to do anything. My scales are dry and snakelike. Dragons have more out-and-out scales."

Knowing he'd accidentally upset the man, Caleb coughed and felt his arm. "You've still got more scales than I do, which is none," he pointed out, trying to cheer him up again.

Pleased that he had cheered his teacher up without his magic, Caleb smiled. "Now, where is our first destination in the haven?" He asked, gripping the strap of his satchel.