lycrawaterz14

Sweet_waterz

Caleb ignored the others and wrapped his arms around Valen, pulling her to his chest. Seeing her cry really set him off, it was like seeing a mouse attack a cat, it was just wrong. He began to hum an old song from satyr lore, trying to weave his magic with emotions into it to relieve her of her sadness. He didn't force happiness upon her, but rather tried to slowly peel away at the dark feelings.

Valen curled into him and flared her wings so no one could see her face as she cried. She tried to be quiet, but the shaking gave her away. Ito growled at Odile in the old language, and she launched into it to. Elena just watched over the two, but Valen seemed to just want to cry it out. Caleb was helping at least, and she was starting to feel better.

Caleb still held her, starting to rub her back. "Hey, it's okay. It's not real. It was just a story, okay Valen?" He shushed gently, trying to calm her down still.

"Just a story." She sniffled and just held him, still seeming afraid. Ito seemed to have finished fussing at Odile and turned to Elena. "You might need to keep a closer eye on them." He grumbled. Elena smiled. "Aye aye captain babyface." She teased, and Ito snarled. "That's not funny." Ito balled up his fists. Elena seemed to know exactly which nerves to hit.

Caleb was growing steadily more irritated with the mood in the room. He hated to a use his powers but he couldn't stand it, he couldn't stand all the negativity. He pushed at it forcefully, pressing calmness and happiness into the room and literally forcing it to take effect.

Everyone seemed to shudder, and suddenly it seemed a lot happier in the whole room, the dragonesses that we're studying burst into chatter, and forgot their studies. Ito smiled a bit at Odile and she just seemed confused, but pleased. Elena was the only one who smirked at Caleb. "Was that you?" She asked. Valen was just curling up against him now.

Caleb took a deep breath and relaxed, smiling faintly as the room filled with pleasant feelings. When Elena addressed him, he nodded. "I was getting sick of it, you know? I don't like it when people are upset, because I can feel it."

"Well the girl's study session is ruined..." Odile sighed. "Alright, alright... Early dismissal!" She called.

Caleb just grinned and ducked his head. He had caused a little trouble, but in the long run he felt happy about what he'd done. "Are you ready to keep going?" He asked Valen.

"I just need a minute or two... But I guess... Yeah ... Let's just go." She seemed shaken, but happier now.

He gave her a brief hug before standing up. "If that book wasn't right, then which one is?" Caleb asked Ito, brushing dust from his lap.

Elena and Odile were quiet, simply looking to Ito. He looked almost like his statue, just stern faced and hooded. The two girls exchanged looks until finally Ito sighed. "I can tell you the story." He finally answered. The girls looked apprehensive. "I don't want to hear the story." Valen whispered, very apprehensive and jumped up to curl into Caleb again.

Caleb automatically put out his hands to steady her. "We have to Valen. Its part of the quest. Don't worry, it won't be bad this time. Promise," he swore, though in truth he didn't know.

Valen just winced, and nodded. "Okay then." She muttered, though not happy about it. Ito looked around, and sighed. "I'll wait for the girls to clear out."

Caleb sat back down and patted the arm of the chair in invitation to Valen. "It'll be fun. And Ito's a good teacher, he'll make it interesting and not boring," he encouraged.

Valen just chose the chair beside him, leaning on his shoulder. Ito watched the girls clear out and waited until it was quiet. "Well... You know the beginning. The half-and-half king is supposed to be the only weapon the gods can use, since he follows neither the god's rules, nor any human setbacks. All the power of a god, and none of the self control. The gods have been waging war, mine and others for... A very very very long time now. Since I was just a boy. They can't actually kill one another, ancient rites and rules prevent them, but the half-and-half king doesn't abide by these. This story is based off prophecy, and it is a horror story." Ito sighed. Valen just winced. "As the story goes, The half and half king's father returned back to his draconic state, and with his son destroyed their their home, killing his mother in a battle caused by the humanization of their god. The pagan god lived on earth, and nurtured the king until he had reached full power, a necromancer's son teaching him all he knew. When the pagan god's strength returned another battle broke out, and the necromancer took refuge in this place, the Elysian Moutains. There the necromancer took a 'twisted' bride as it was called then-" "Lebsian. The bride would have been bisexual, but Ito simply had a mistranslation." Odile corrected. Ito glared, and she dipped her head. "Continue." She apologized. "Yes. He took a... Bisexual bride, and the half and half king leeched her power away, and locked it up after she tried to keep him from taking over the place. The bride is known as a hero mostly around here, it is largely a... Feminist area if you couldn't tell." Ito sighed.

Caleb tilted his head in some confusion. The story didn't make a lot of sense- maybe Ito was just telling it too fast, because he was lost. Was the half and half good or evil? Who was the pagan god again? "I'm confused," he admitted helplessly.

Elena waved Ito off. "You suck at this, let me try." Ito poured. But let her explain. "You remember how the half-and-half king's father was the high priest? Well his human form wore off because the god Rendsol was in a huge war with the other gods and he was running low on power. Rendsol became mortal at this point. So the draconic father and son both destroyed their hometown, and because Rendsol was human another demonic battle broke out simultaneously. The half and half king's parents died during this battle, and so the king travelled to a neighboring kingdom where a necromancer's son lived. During this journey he found a hurt angel, and captured him as their own. The necromancer's son taught the king everything he knew, while it turns out the 'hurt angel' was actually mortal Rendsol. Rendsol then became critically ill there and the king sealed the god in the sword to protect him, then never released him. Then the rest is basically just a rampage and slaughter this king brought to innocent villages, wherever he went demonic battles broke out because they wanted the god to be killed. And this king is supposedly still out there, just resting and waiting..."

Caleb nodded, understanding now that more details had been filled in. "Okay, what does that have to do with my quest? Are we supposed to defeat him?" He asked, sincerely hoping the answer was no.

"Er... The prophecy mentions him but by a different name..." Ito sighed, and started to look for it. Valen took it from Caleb and handed it over. Ito nodded. "Thank you... Beware also, for there be 'dragons' here/but the one you seek is the one that lies near/the one who claims king, but not at all

is the one who receives the destined toll." Ito shook his head. "That's here we assumed. I don't know who the other 'one who claims king is'. Apparently they're going to die though... This king is the one who hid this 'golden fleece' belongs to the king who has the life and death piece." Ito nodded. "That's the half-and-half king. He's charachterized by a birthmark on the back of his neck, a rune that means both life and death." Elena got a strange look on her face. "...a child's heart and legs are the price he paid/to simply survive and be born this way... his abandoned birth cloth is what you seek/and the life and death king is who will reap. There he is mentioned again. It clearly means the half-and-half king..." Ito studied it again, falling into silence.

Caleb paid rapt attention, listening as he was read back the words to their riddle. It wasn't straightforward, though he wasn't surprised. Nothing ever was. "Okay, well, maybe the oldest person here can tell us something. Or maybe there are some artifacts laying around?"

Caleb paid rapt attention, listening as he was read back the words to their riddle. It wasn't straightforward, though he wasn't surprised. Nothing ever was. "Okay, well, maybe the oldest person here can tell us something. Or maybe there are some artifacts laying around?"

"Then we'll just have to search through them. It wouldn't be a quest if it wasn't difficult, now would it?" He asked rhetorically, standing up and clicking his hooves together. "We can start with the Golden Fleece thing."

Ito rubbed his neck. "I have zero idea what that-" "It's the birth cloth of that one kid right?" Valen chimed in. "Yeah. That's what it mentioned..."