lycrawaterz14

Sweet_waterz

The satyr reached out and caught the book before it could hit the ground, opening it tenderly and studying the pages. "Tell me if you find anything. I'll be going through here," he said, settling down to read. Without looking up he reached into what appeared to be a recycling bin full of cans, crunching down on a soda can and chewing while he read.

The book appeared to have Greek Mythology, which was odd. Caleb should have known his own roots. But all of the myths weren't centered on the normal stories. They all only had one thing in common. Aphrodite. Every story either mentioned or alluded to her, the later chapters only about Eros himself or his descendants.

Caleb cocked his head as he went through the pages, his brow creasing until finally he looked up and raised an eyebrow at Ito. "What does this have to do with anything?" He asked, confused.

Caleb frowned and looked down at the book, then shook his head. "Ito- you know I'm not good at puzzles. What are you trying to say here?" He asked with a sigh.

Ito simply sighed. Valen sat up and rubbed Caleb's shoulders, before flipping through the book. Ito looked cautious, and Valen turned to a story. "I think he's trying to tell you about my dad." She laid her head on his shoulder. The page she had turned to read 'Eros and the Contest'. "My mother challenged Cupid, the god Eros, to a contest, after proving she could break the cast of love on men, making them scorn their wives for her. She boasted she was stronger than love itself. To call her out on it, Cupid said she couldn't make sworn enemies fall in love. My mom said she was still better than him, and they made a deal. If she could make Eros himself fall in love with her instead of his wife, he would give her the ability to make sworn enemies fall in love. Well... She was struck with one of his arrows, and she fell in love with Eros. When succubus fall in love, it is only then they can have children. They both won in a sort of sense. My mother loved Eros, one sidedly, and he began to scorn his wife Psyche. He didn't want to lose his wife, so he gave her half the win. Eros said she could make only her sworn enemies fall in love. And that's how I was born." She shrugged. "Eros doesn't know I'm his daughter. And that I have the ability to make sworn enemies fall in love." Valen shrugged. "I'm a demigod as well as a succubus."

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Caleb listened in silence to her story, unsure of whether to feel impressed or frightened. That was a nifty power, but it made him wonder if she could force all people to fall in love. That was a bit.. Nerve-wracking. "Okay," he began slowly, "I think I understand yet I don't see what the big deal is. I mean, you're a good guy, right?" He glanced at her hopefully.

"I guess. I haven't really left the nest before..." Valen shrugged. Ito sighed. "It may be an asset later on to have the most powerful succubus in your party, Caleb. But right now your main worry is to make sure no one knows she is free. Some people may want to misuse your power, Valen. A lot of fights can be started and ended with love." Ito simply shrugged. "I know..." Valen huffed.

Caleb glanced back and forth between them, then nodded slowly. "Okay. Well, if anyone asks, don't tell them who you really are. We'll try to keep you safe," he decided, smiling slightly. "Can't let this stop our quest after all."

Valen's eyes half closed and she smiled at him. "You would protect me? Aww..." She hugged him, rubbing her cheek against his again. Ito made a face. "Alright, well, I assume you would want to teleport to the other side of the world, correct? I just hoped you didn't t want to fly..." He made a face. "What if that isn't the right place? What if we just end up lost and without academy resources? What if someone tracks our teleportation? I don't know if that would be the best course..." Valen shook her head, still latched on to Caleb. "Your decision, your quest, Caleb." Ito shrugged. "Do we fly? Or do we teleport?"

Caleb scrunched up his face in thought, choosing to ignore the catlike rubbing of his travel companion. "I believe we should teleport. Less obstacles, less time, and I am terrified of heights," he decided, cheeks turning slightly pink. He was a creature of the earth, not the sky. Satyrs could jump well. That was it in the getting-up-high department.

Ito nodded. "...gather up your supplies. I will pack as well." He dipped his head and left. Valen waited until he closed the door and then pounced on Caleb, trying to tackle him to the bed again. She laughed, and pet his cheek. "I didn't even get a chance to tell you good morning..."

Caleb yelped, not having expected this assault, and fell back. "G-good morning!" He breathed, still not used to her jumpy, touchy personality. "You're an awfully bubbly person, aren't you?" It would take some getting used to for sure.

"Momma said I'm like a lil puppy." She laid on his chest and sighed, purring again. In all honesty she just wanted him to lay back down so she could nap on him.

Caleb hesitated before he settled back fully, stroking her back lightly. She seemed to like touch, after all. "Is that a succubus thing, or do you just enjoy petting?" He asked curiously.

"I dunno." She mumbled. "I've only ever been with momma. She likes being touched though. It might be just me, but I dunno." She rambled, her eyes closing. "Momma always said boys we're mean, but you're nice..."

The satyr continued to rub her back, lost in thought. "Well, I'm not exactly like most guys anyway. But I'm glad you think I'm nice," Caleb replied, closing his eyes contently.

"Mmmhm." Valen murmured, already half asleep.

Ito was in his own room, gathering things up for his journey. He gathered up almost all of his alchemy ingredient samples and a few weapons. There was quite a bit of stuff... but he apparently needed to use an old heirloom. He glanced at the old armoire in his study, something no student was ever allowed to touch. He manipulated the lock, and slowly the door swung open. Ito softly approached it, and began to dig around for the treasure. Many bottles and clothes had to be shuffled about before finally he exposed his prize. His clawed hands gently curled around a medium sized bag, with a long strap to go over the shoulder. He lovingly held it, and smiled. It was his mother's and the only thing she ever needed to carry things around in, for it had no bottom. Ito walked back over and began to gather up his items and gingerly place them inside the bag.

The satyr, being the kind creature he was, was tempted to let her sleep. But, they had more important things to do. Like preparing for the journey. "Valen," he whispered, shaking her, "we have to pack. C'mon."

For once Caleb just rolled his eyes, getting up with a sigh before clippity-clopping around the room. He didn't have many possessions, but he packed what he thought was necessary- cans, books, a flask for water. The last thing he put in was his precious set of pan pipes. With music, he could change anyone's emotion, but he liked them because they made beautiful music.

Valen was sound asleep and snoring again, totally okay with more naps. She seemed pretty worry-free with nothing but the clothes on her back.

Meanwhile Ito was overpacking. If they may need it, he grabbed it. One of the advantages of having an infinitely big bag. Same weight, no matter how much was in it.

Once he was all packed up, Caleb wasn't sure what to do. He glanced at his companion for a moment before trotting off to find ito, deciding to let him know they were ready. He was a little nervous, but with his favorite teacher with him, they'd be okay.

Ito almost had his whole study packed. He was well on his way. Most of what was left was big equipment. Valen was sound asleep, enjoying her nap wholeheartedly.

Upon reaching the wyvern's door, Caleb knocked respectfully and poked his head in. "Ito? Were ready now, I believe," he greeted, shoulderinv his satchel.