lycrawaterz14

Sweet_waterz

"I-I was just saying. I'm going to have to switch out other men to feed... So you can heal. That's all I was saying." She struggled to help herself up with the bed, and balanced herself once she was up. "Wait on me... Wait just a second..." She took a few steps and took his arm to balance herself once she reached him. She swayed, and steadied herself. "I'm fine. Sorry."

With a sigh, Caleb relented and reached out to help her. "It's okay. But you're barely taking anything from me, I won't die in days. Trust me to tell you when I can't handle it anymore," he pleaded, helping her down the stairs.

"I'm sorry... I hate hurting you. I hate that I have to hurt you..." She sighed, and pat his hand. "Thank you..."

Caleb offered her an encouraging smile. "Hey, it doesn't hurt that bad. Don't worry about it," he assured her, taking the steps slowly for her sake.

She just kept holding his hand and sighed. "Still... Thank you. It is very brave of you to let me do so." Valen leaned on him lightly, just wanting to let him know she was serious.

The smile stayed on his lips, despite the somberness to her tone. "As you can already tell, I'm not much of a brave person. But I try to be, and you're a friend, and so I'll try extra hard to be brave for you. It's just a small price to keep you alive," Caleb answered.

Valen smiled at him. "You seem only seemed brave to me. You took this quest after all..." She squeezed his hand.

Caleb gave a nervous chuckle, back to being his shy self. "Actually, I'm really not. I had to take this quest in order to graduate," he replied.

"But you didn't have to graduate..." She smiled up at him, color already back in her face. "You did it because you wanted to, and that's brave."

Caleb shrugged, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. "Yeah.. I guess so," he mumbled, unconvinced. He didn't exactly want to be on a quest. It was just required.

"Uh.." Caleb hadn't exactly been paying attention to the teacher. "Down stairs and to the.. Uh, right?" He guessed, steering them that way. He really had no clue.

"Uh.." Caleb hadn't exactly been paying attention to the teacher. "Down stairs and to the.. Uh, right?" He guessed, steering them that way. He really had no clue.

Valen shrugged. "Okay... I hope you're right... This doesn't seem like a nice place to get lost in." She curled closer to him, getting scared again.

Trying to be brave, he tucked an arm around her. "Don't worry, we'll be okay. Besides, it's not like we'll accidently wander into the labyrinth or something."

"True." Valen nodded. Someone bumped into the two in the hallway, and a girl turned back and apologized. Noticing their concerned faces, she twisted her head. "Are you two lost?" She asked, and as she spoke her pointed teeth were made obvious. She wasn't human either.

Caleb turned slightly pale at the sight of teeth. That made him nervous but he tried not to show it. "A bit- yes. We were looking for breakfast," he explained, managing not to stutter.

"Oh! The breakfast hall is right here..." She took his other hand, and guided him to a giant room with a long table. Almost all of the seats were filled, only two remaining open. The girl turned back around and left. Ito caught a glance at the two in the doorway, Odile at the head of he table and he to the right of her. Ito waved them over to the two seats he had saved for them.

Caleb idly wondered why people kept taking his hands as they were led to the dining hall. He called a thank you to her retreating form and led Valen to their spots, seating himself. "We got a little lost," he explained to Ito.

Ito just nodded. "I probably should have waited on yo-... Are you bleeding?" He asked. He smelled it before he saw the cut. "You'll need to clean that up brier we leave... Unless you want to be bait? It's a good idea..." He shrugged. Valen looked upset at the idea.

Caleb blanched as well, quickly stuffing a napkin over the wound. "N-no, I'd rather not, thank you," he stammered, swallowing before he could bleat and embarrass himself any further. He did however cram a roll into his mouth and chew furiously- he ate when he got anxious.

"Oh... sorry. I thought that was your plan." Ito shrugged. The girls seated at the table kept swiping looks at him, almost like he was a guest celebrity or a rare animal at the zoo. Ito felt very out of place either way. "So... Valen? Are you prepared?" He asked, just trying to make conversation. She nodded. "I have no idea what I'm doing, but I guess so." She smiled and took a piece of bacon from the table and started to play with it, wobbling it around.

Caleb chowed down to keep his anxiety at bay, glancing up and down the table. "I mean, I guess I can try to be the bait." Valen thought he was brave so he had to try.

Valen looked to Ito, who just shrugged. "We have enough meat that won't be necessary..." Odile calmly dipped her head.

Caleb released a sigh of relief, though he tried to hide it with a cough. "Okay, good. What is the plan, exactly?" He asked, biting into an apple.