lycrawaterz14

Sweet_waterz

Once again, Caleb didn't know he was cuddling until he woke up. He'd obviously curled into her during the night, but when he woke up only managed to bite back a bleat of shock. This kept happening! "Coming!" He called, crawling out from under her and hurrying to the door. His face was flushed when he answered it.

Ito was just staring and twisted his head. "Has she fed from you again?" He asked, adjusting his hood. "I've gathered up the meat and Odile caught me up with your plan. But we aren't going to kill her. The dragon is peaceful, something has set her off. She used to be very, very tame." He sighed. "We should head off soon. If you two have not ate, I would highly suggest doing so. Just go down the stairs and the door on the right."

"No sir," Caleb answered, but checked for a bite mark anyway. There wasn't one. "We'll come down to breakfast then. Thank you," he said with a dip of his head, then turned to face Valen. He was going to have to feed her again, he knew it. He just had to stay calm about it.

Valen just looked kind of limp. She mumbled barely, furling her wings closer. Her facial color didn't look like she felt good. Ito sighed. "I would carry her down so she can feed. They have donated blood there." Ito left, his cloak making swoosh noises as he went back downstairs.

At this advice, Caleb felt a hint of jealousy. Why should she have to have some stranger's blood? It was like she was an animal at the zoo! No, he would feed her just fine. Approaching the bed, the satyr sat on the edge and gently shook her arm. "Valen, you need to feed," he murmured.

Valen weakly opened her eyes. "No... I'm good." She mumbled, and tried to go back to sleep. "Nap..."

"Valen, no you aren't," Caleb argued, shaking her a little harder. She wasn't doing very good- and he was worried now. Getting an idea, he used his horn to cut his thumb and then waved the tiny pinprick of blood under her nose. "C'mon.."

Valen's eyes opened sleepily and she made a long whining sound. "No, no...." She shook her head. "I had that yesterday..." She clawed at the bed, struggling to pull herself up. Once she got halfway she used her wings to steady her back. "I want a snack."

Caleb frowned when that didn't work, sitting beside her. He put an arm around the poor thing to help steady her, since she looked like she could tip over at any moment. "What would you like? You need something," he pointed out worriedly.

Valen slowly looked at him. "I don't want to hurt or scare you anymore." She mumbled, and fell on his chest.

"You won't," Caleb said quickly, now worried even more. "Valen, you won't. I'm just scared of everything, that's all. Come on, please, you need to feed. You're scaring me right now," he pleaded.

Valen just smiled up at him. "I'm not going to die, I'm just tiiiiired." She yawned. "I don't want to scare you again..."

Caleb hugged her with one arm. "You won't scare me. Please, Valen, feed! I'm scared that you're going to pass out," he admitted, frowning. "Please. Do it for me."

Valen just sighed at him, and took his other arm, holding it like it was a piece of meat. She just shyly looked up at him. "Don't look at me..."

Caleb nodded and turned his head away, staring at the opposite wall. "Go ahead. I trust you," he promised, though not being able to see did make him a bit nervous.

Valen looked at him, before slowly deciding which would be the most painless place. She chose his palm, and drew a small line, letting it well up by holding the outside of his hand a me letting his arm relax. Once there was enough she brought her lips to his hand and drank what she could until she was full. It only took a few seconds, she was very young. Then she wiped her face and turned to Caleb. "Where's binding? Gauze, anything like that?"

Caleb bit his lip as he was cut, struggling not to move as her lips tickled his skin. He was surprised when only seconds they were gone. "That's it?" He asked, looking over at her again. "Are you sure you got enough?"

She just nodded. "I got more than last time..." Valen wiped her mouth again. She didn't want to startle him. "I just need to close up the wound..."

Caleb nodded slowly, still holding his arm out to her. "That's fine. But if you ever need more, just ask me. I'm not going to say no," he encouraged gently.

"I don't need any right now." Valen shook her head. "Eventually I'll have I use someone else."

"Why?" He asked, tilting his head. Caleb frowned as he realized that perhaps she didn't want blood from him. "Am I doing something wrong?"

Caleb's frown deepened. He was so confused. His very existence was a problem for her? "I'll see you at breakfast," he mumbled, suddenly wanting to be alone as he stood and walked out. He could stop the bleeding on his own.

Valen stumbled after him, slinging her legs of the side of the bed to catch up with him. "Caleb... I mean..." She fell to the ground, still weak. Her wings helped her rebound, and she balanced herself. She just looked at her hands, smeared with blood where she wiped her mouth. If Caleb hadn't been so kind to her she would have thrown up. She felt disgusted with herself, and hated what she was. "I could kill you." She sniffed.

Caleb stopped and turned to stare at her, trying not to let his pity overwhelm him. He wanted to run and help her up, but didn't. "I know that. You think I don't know that? But I don't care, because you're my friend, and because you're not feeding from me, I'm killing you."