lycrawaterz14

Sweet_waterz

Valen squeezed him tighter. "Thank you... But I won't need any for a while..." She seemed to have reentered cuddle mode.

Caleb nodded, his relief very visible on his face. "Okay. But warn me first," he added, figuring if she snuck up on him it wouldn't end well. Especially if she did it and bit him.

"I have to. I would never just start feeding on you without permission..." She laid on him, just wanting to be held now. Ito's alchemy set made noises as he started to work.

Her words did much to ease him, and he now held her in a relaxed grip. "I believe you," he promised, rubbing her back. At least Ito's set seemed to be working.

Elena smiled at the two. "You are such a cute little couple." She commented, like it was some kind of soap opera she was watching. Ito tossed something at her. "Leave them alone. They're bonding."

Caleb looked up, face quickly turning red at her statement. "W-we aren't a couple. We're just friends," he objected, very stiff now. Valen knew that, right? They were just friends and companions for the quest.

Valen nodded. "I only met him yesterday..." She shrugged. Elena just rolled her eyes. "Mmhm. Just wait and see. You two will be together." She darted off somewhere to get something. Ito's set was getting intense, starting to smoke and smell bad as a purple liquid boiled. He seemed to be collecting a type of powder from the steam.

Caleb just stared after her, then coughed a few times. He couldn't bring himself to look at Valen after that tidbit of information, so he focused on what Ito was doing instead. "Do we have to drink it?" He asked, wrinkling his nose. For once the prospect of consumption didn't sound good, not when it was purple smelly goo.

"I wouldn't suggest it." Ito chuckled. "We have to coat ourselves in this powder. It will be faded right off in the teleportation."

Caleb smiled, looking relieved. "Well in that case, it isn't so bad," he decided, letting go of Valen to peer over his shoulder and watch him work.

Valen simply sighed a little, and started to close her eyes. She was tired again... "So... You did bring your pipes, right Caleb?" Elena tentatively asked. Asking Satyrs about their pipes could be tricky... Sometimes they wanted to talk about them, and sometimes it was like asking how their rash was doing.

Caleb looked up at Elena, staring steadily at her for a moment. "Yes," he said slowly, a hand automatically falling onto his satchel. "Why do you ask?" There was only a small hint of suspicion in his voice, since he trusted his teachers. But he was afraid of anything ever happening to his pipes.

"Oh! Good. You may need them. I was just making sure you brought them, I have no intention of taking or breaking them." Elena nodded. Valen was starting to nap now, wholly content. It wasn't really hard to please her, as long as she could sleep.

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Caleb nodded and dropped his hand, relaxing. His pipes were safe. A glance told him his companion was sleeping again- she did that a lot. "Are we almost ready?" He asked.

"Don't rush me." Ito grumbled. Elena just rolled her eyes. "Yes. He just has to make sure he has enough before we go."

Caleb held up his hands innocently with a tiny smile. "I wasn't," he replied, peeking over his shoulder. Alchemy sure took a long time, but this was much better than flying.

Ito finally gathered up the powder. "That's yours Elena." He sighed, and pulled three other vials out. He handed one to Caleb, and put one in sleeping Valen's hand. "Throw it and run to make it. Elena, do you even have a clean spot inside we can make it in?" He grumbled. She rolled her eyes and opened her vial, and slung out the powder in one smooth motion. She simply walked through the smoke and was gone. Ito hissed a little at her. "Caleb, never do anything that dangerous." He growled. "Someone could lose their arm or leg. Or worse. We will have to wait for that to disappate before we go. Just empty your vial in ONE motion, like a frisbee, but tilted up so you can walk through without losing your head."

Caleb jumped slightly when Elena just tossed it and went, quickly assuring Ito with a nod that he would never do something so reckless. "Wake up Valen," he said, gently shaking her. "We're leaving. You have to toss the powder very carefully."

Caleb sighed as she refused to wake and looked at Ito helplessly. "What do I do?" In the way of companions, she was fairly lazy.

Ito just removed her from his arms and she squirmed a little. "Nuuuu!" She growled. "You go on ahead. I'll teleport with her."

Caleb nodded, then stepped back. He threw the purple powder into the air in a blank spot and walked into it, disappearing as Elena had. When he reappeared he was at her side. "Ito is bringing Valen."

Elena smiled at him. "That's fine! I'm just glad to see you in one piece." She put a hand on his shoulder. "Well... it appears he miscalibrated." Elena looked around them. They were in a foreign forest, nothing like where he had come from. A little stone cottage stood, but it looked more like a cave that had weathered a lot of time. It was almost completely grown up: vines, flowers, and moss seemed to be its paint. Maybe someone once lived there, but if they did, they were long gone.

Caleb inspected the surrounding area, inhaling deeply and then releasing it. Now this he could enjoy. "Its beautiful," he remarked, trotting towards some of the wildflowers that were growing there. Nature taking back what belonged to it. As a satyr, he was very in tune with nature, and all of this just seemed right at home with him. It was a place he would love to live in, some day.

Elena smelled the air. "We aren't where he said we were going... in fact..." She began to climb the house. "I smell the academy!" Once to the top, one could not see the academy. Only a pattern of odd trees, extending to the horizon. "This is so strange..."

"No it's not. This is my house." Ito replied from behind Caleb, Valen simply yawning. Elena frowned. "I have never seen this place. Why does this have an endless forest?" She asked, and started to climb down. Ito sighed. "It's a long and complicated story we don't have time for. Basically, this is... a bump in space. It is a halfway house. A transition. I have a portal inside I can activate." He passed Valen to Caleb and walked over to the house, a twist of his hand opening the door. "It's the only way unless you feel like climbing the Elysian Mountain range. And Caleb doesn't fly."

Edited by lycrawaterz14