lycrawaterz14

Sweet_waterz

"There, see? Figuring stuff out really fast. We'll just have to look around for something that matches that description. Where are these artifacts?" Caleb asked Ito, smiling at Valen.

Odile looked sheepish. "We hid them in the labyrinth..." She admitted. Ito gasped. "You WHAT?! I thought we finally cleared that out..." He whined. Odile shrugged. "We placed Mjelneet in it..." "YOU WHAT?! MJELNEET IN A DARK LABYRINTH LIKE THAT? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!!!" Ito screeched, and scales flared out from his skin. "I can't believe you!"

Caleb's eyes widened and he automatically stepped back, pulling Valen with him. He'd never seen his teacher so angry. He mouthed the word 'help' at Elena, actually spooked right now.

Elena protectively stepped in front of the two. "Ito!" She snapped. He glared at her. "Snap out of it. You're scaring them." She fared calmly at him, and he simply growled and stormed out, very, very upset. Odile looked ashamed. "I thought it would be a good home for the dragon..."

Caleb was slightly ashamed to have hid behind Elena, but also terrified of Ito at the moment. "W-who is Mjelneet? Why is it had that they live in a labyrinth?" He asked hesitantly, as if worried speaking would get him yelled at.

Odile dipped her head. "Mjelneet is a female Elysian Spiretail, and was raised entirely by hand. Spiretails usually turn on their owners, and are called spire tails because they tend to carve mountains into a spiraling shape with their claws and spiny scales. They slither up these almost like a snake, and many humans accidentally walk right into their homes. They are known for stealth, and I thought Mjelneet would like it in there as well as protect our relics. She turned on us though, becoming enraged and volatile whenever we entered. We're always cautious with her now..."

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Oh. Well that wasn't exactly good. "Okay.. Is there any way to pass her without making her mad or having to fight her? Some sort of magic or peace offering?" Caleb asked, scratching the base of his horn. He'd never try to fight if he didn't have to.

"Nothing seems to appease her except fleeing. She won't chase you out of the labyrinth. If you take down and leave she will let you." Odile sighed.

Caleb tapped his hoof nervously in thought. "Is it possible I could try putting her to sleep with my pipes?" He tried weakly. He was running out of ideas here.

"Well then what else can we do?" He asked hopelessly, shoulders slumping. He didn't want to be eaten.

"Maybe if you just gave her food she could be retamed. Wasn't she tame before?" Elena asked Odile. Odile shrugged. "That's how she was tamed in the first place. I'm sure she would enjoy food, and perhaps she wouldn't be hungry enough to eat you..."

"Okay.. Okay we can do that. What can we feed her?" Caleb asked nervously. He didn't want to be a dragon's toothpick.

"Well hmm... Cattle? Hog? Sheep are spiretail's favorite... She would probably like any of those since she would only be used to whatever she could scrounge." Odile nodded

Caleb gave an anxious bleat and shook his head rapidly. "Not sheep, please," he requested, the color drained from his face. Too similar for comfort. "A cow seems reasonable, as long as I do not have to personally kill it."

Caleb nodded and turned to Valen now, looking slightly nervous still. "And you'll come with me right?" He asked. He didn't want to go alone, couldn't go alone.

That felt better than Caleb cared to admit. With a disgruntled clearing of his throat, the satyr decided, "Alright then. When erm, when should we go?" He was horrible at decision making.

"Er... Are you prepared now? Or do you any to rest here for a night, do some more research and go tomorrow?" Elena blinked at him.

"I think we ought to rest first. Ito wouldn't be happy if he found out we went and did something dangerous while he was gone," Caleb pointed out. That, and he needed a while longer to mentally prepare himself.

(Yeah sorry, I think I missed this. It keeps disappearing from me)

Ito knocked on their door early in the morning, the dragonesses only making luxurious rooms and beds for their guests. This made the knock extra loud with the porous wood, and. Valen jumped and hissed, curling deeper into Caleb's chest where she had snuck closer. They had given her her own bed at first, but she wanted to be warm. And Caleb was best for warm.