lycrawaterz14

Sweet_waterz

Caleb yelped as he was cut, holding still purely out of shock as she licked up his blood. He hadn't been expecting that at all. Ashen-faced, he looked up at Ito, his mouth opening and closing uselessly. He was so going to fail this quest. With this girl following him around, he was likely to trip off the side of a cliff or something equally stupid.

"Did you just feed from him?!" Ito asked, a bit offended. "...yes? Was I not supposed to? Is he yours?" Valen asked, a bit shy now. Something brushed up against his leg as Valen's small traditionally shaped demon's tail lazily swayed. She was trying not to get into trouble. Ito simply frowned. "You're going to give him a heart attack. He's never been used to feed before. That wasn't nice." He chided. "Sorry?" Valen apologized to Caleb, looking a bit betrayed, but wide eyed and pouting.

"Alright, if you two are quite done, I brought out all of the maps we have so we can narrow it down." Ito made the stone slab wider and raised two more chairs from the ground for the two. He sat in his and patiently waited. Valen settled to Ito's right and looked at the maps curiously.

Feeding? Ito's what, exactly? He jumped about two feet off the ground as the tail brushed against him, landing in a flurry of hooves. He was very screwed, yup. Caleb hurried to the chair on Ito's left and all but fell into it, nibbling on the edge of one of the maps. He ate when he was especially nervous, and he ate everything.

Valen looked sorry. "I didn't mean to frighten you." She apologized. "I was just hungry. I did ask." She looked at the ground. to just rolled his eyes.

"Alright... it says that the place is long lost, so I'll get rid of everything modern. Also it says there is sirens. So I'll get rid of everything land locked..." Ito began to sort through the papers. Valen sighed. "Sirens don't have to be mermaids. I know plenty of sirens that live on land. A siren is anyone who drowns men, some succubi are considered siren just based on how they eat." Valen volunteered, feeling helpful.

Caleb would've retorted that she didn't ask for anything specifically, but his tongue was in knots. Focusing on Ito only, he gradually began to relax and listened to his teacher talk. "At least we know it will be near some sort of water," he replied, carefully not looking at Valen.

"Alright..." Ito observed the awkward silence between the two. "Looks like you have a pretty easy first task of your quest, Caleb." He stacked the maps into two piles. "Paperwork." He put down a stack in front of each of them. "Eliminate anything not long lost, landlocked, or with anything that isn't dragon-related."

Valen looked upset, and eyed the stack of paper that was up to her neck. "How are we supposed to get all of this done?!" She whined. "You two can work together. That will help you get all of that done." Ito go up and walked away. "...and this." He smiled. "Sorry Caleb." Ito waved his hands, and stone walls sprung up around them. There was no hope of climbing out as it curved over the top. There was enough light to see by.

Ito's footsteps could be heard walking away.

Caleb didn't seem all that bothered by the papers, as he inspected one and them moved it to the side. "It's not that bad," he mused as he started to sort. In fact, he was fine with everything until walls popped up. "Ito!" He cried, jumping up. Even with his long legs he couldn't jump over them. "You didn't even leave any thing to eat! Oh, Pan.." He drew a shaky breath and slid down the wall, hugging his knees to his chest and trying not to have a panic attack.

Valen started to cry, tears welling up. Her wings rustled and she looked away from him. "...am I really that bad?" Her voice wavered. "I know I'm not the most beautiful, and I didn't mean to scare you... I-I can teleport food for you if you're worried..." Her lip wobbled, and she bit it to not look weak. She just wanted to be liked. No one liked her. Not even if she was the only person they had access to. "Caleb?"

Caleb looked up from his labored breathing to see that she was crying. Great, he had messed another thing up. "I-it's not you," he stammered, tucking his face into his knees and rocking slightly. "I-I have issues w-with anxiety," he managed, swallowing hard. Why did it have to be walls? He felt trapped, and the fact that she wanted to drink his blood didn't help.

"Oh..." She blinked back at him and got down from the chair, walking over and sitting beside him. She wiggled her head under his arm from hugging his knees and hugged his neck. Valen curled up close to him. "It's okay. It's not even so bad in here. And we'll be done in a couple of hours. We can take as long as we want. And when you're hungry, I've already learned how to teleport small things. I can bring you food. And if you get tired, we can just go to sleep like this. And we'll be fine." She purred. She rubbed her cheek against his, actually purring. "I am glad you are not horribly afraid of me." She pet his hair and wriggled even closer to him.

Caleb bleated in surprise when she snuggled up to him like a cat, his arms automatically opening up so that she could get into them. For a few moments he was stunned, but slowly the tension began to melt out of him. She wasn't so bad.. The hair petting was especially relaxing, as was the purring. "O-okay.. Yeah. Yeah. We can just take it slow," he agreed, hugging her close.

"We'll be done pretty quick, it's just a lot of work." She laid her head in the crook of his neck. "Whenever you're ready just let me know."

Caleb sat there for a moment to just breathe, calming himself down. Her presence helped, as despite his earlier panic he was a bit of a tactile person. After a few minutes ticked by he felt well enough to get to work again, and he told her so with a small nudge. "We should start again," he said, standing slowly to move towards the table.

"Okay." Valen unpeeled herself from him and hopped back up in her chair. "These maps are old." She nodded, and started to read.

(Time skip to when finished?)

Valen was on her side laying on her table and stacked her little pile of maps. "I'm done! Are you?" She asked. Suddenly the walls came down and Ito was chewing something and tossed the two of them a bag. "I brought you guys sandwiches. How goes it?" He ripped a piece of meat out of his sandwich and grinned.

Edited by lycrawaterz14

"Yup!" Caleb chewed on the inside of his mouth for a moment before patting his stack of papers proudly. And he didn't even eat any of them! It was quite the accomplishment. He lifted his head as the walls fell, catching the bag with a delighted sound. "Food! Thank Pan," he moaned, pulling out a sandwich and devouring it.

"I'll go trough your finds for a final stack of approval." Ito took the two stacks. "I have those potato things too." He waved at the bag and set it on the table he had made earlier. "There you go. Valen, you really are pretty. I think. I forgot to tell you earlier. You were too busy munching on my student." He teased. Valen blushed.

Caleb tended to say things when he was eating. "He's right," he said around a full mouth, munching on chips as he pulled out a second sandwich. There was more than just two- it was brilliant. He even ate the paper bag, leaving a sandwich and some chips for Valen.

Valen looked flustered, and hid herself in her wings a bit. "You two are too kind..." She murmured, and delicately started on her sandwich. "So do you feel any more prepared to go on your quest?" Ito asked Caleb.

"Well," Caleb began, brushing off his hands on his legs, "I don't feel as lost. I mean, we have somewhere to start now. We just have to decipher the riddle." He picked through the pile of maps he had made, checking through them. "There was some sort of journal entry.. Oh! Here. I can't read it, I don't recognize the language," he explained, handing it over.

Ito took it and skimmed over it, an odd expression passing over his face. "It's a journal entry from Irosayn, the high priest of the Elysian mountains." He passed it back, a poker face already showing. "The Elysian mountains are halfway around the world. It's a haven for dragons. Long, long ago the local human girls used to be in a tryst with the dragons, protection in exchange for keepin them hostage. That evolved into an almost... Hotel and sanctuary. It is very ancient. All of the priests and priestesses are all named in succession, starting with Aba. They have to keep journals on thei daily as a part of their duties. This one is on siren removal. This one was about a siren problem they had. He says sirens already interbred and many of the dragonesses were dying. The male half-breeds all but went extinct in the compound."

Caleb listened in surprise, eyebrows raised at the thought of coming face to face with an actual dragon. "Wow. If we were to go there now, then surely we wouldn't have a problem with any of the inhabitants? Except maybe the sirens of course," he mused, stroking his smooth chin. He didn't like growing a beard so he always shaved.

"Well... They're pretty aggressive to anything not-draconic." Ito shrugged. "Do I count?" Valen looked over the letter. "That's the same language on your neck, isn't it?" Valen twisted her head. Ito smacked his neck like there was a bug on it. "Uh... I don't want to talk about it."

Luckily for Ito, Caleb didn't seem very interested in the supposed language on his neck. "I want to avoid the fighting if at all possible. I'm not good at it," he requested, looking at Valen.