JaylaCaine

Breed Life

((Sorry that I've been gone. Just wasn't really sure how to get my charries on there.))

Jake

No matter where he looked, no one he asked was willing to help at the moment. It was probably because many of them were being tested that day already. Feeling somewhat defeated, Jake started back to his office when he saw a few breeds in a room with some scientists holding another breed who he recognized from earlier. The one that kept making him nervous. One of the breeds seemed to be rather unco-operative, while the other whom he recognized as Hector was just being his usual calm and rational self. They were both standing protectively in front of a female owl breed. After listening in, it became apparent to him that the scientists were not exactly following protocol since the breeds were already booked for later 'experiments.'

"Hey, excuse me," Jake inturrupted. "Can you people tell me exactly what is going on here?"

((Sorry for the somewhat choppy post, I'm on my iPod.))

Lucian just shook his head as he looked to the others as he stood there. Growling deep in his throat as he moved in front of Mina. They all had testing of some sort and it was ridiculous for one of them to be tested multiple times in one day. Hating the fact that he wouldn't be able to talk until after he had the shot to his throat later in the day. He then looked to the others carefully.

In the shadows on her wings, Mina's eyes glinted yellow. This made it possible to see her rolling her eyes at Elliot's question. She knew the men would protect her, even if her pride was damaged. And that was reassuring. "Stumbling around blindly mostly. You're just excited so you can stare at my ass without me noticing, aren't you?" She remarked. Being one of the scarce women in the facility that was a Breed had both advantages and disadvantages. Gaze flickering to a blonde man that entered the scene, Mina slowly rose to her feet. As she did this, both wings spread out to her sides. With each wing being roughly 9.5 feet long, it was an impressive sight. All her feathers had lifted, even the ones that served as hair. She was irritated by now and was perfectly fine with displaying this. At least now there was a human witness to this. "These bozos are trying to do unauthorized tests on me. Feel like waving some laws in their face or something?"

"C-c-calm down Lucian please." Jake told the breed nervously. "There's no need f-for that."

When the owl breed spoke up, Jake listened to her intently, but couldn't help but stare at her lovely wings.

"Unauthorized tests?" Jake replied shocked. "They can't do that. Not unless they have your permission at least, which from the argument that is going on, is not the case. So, uuuuh... Would you good doctors and guards unhand our good friend there and leave them be by any chance?"

Lucian turned his gaze towards Jake before he stopped growling. Arching a brow he then pointed to his throat as if to point out that the tests that he had done that had left him temporarily without a voice hadn't been with his permission. He then looked back over to Mina before shaking his head with a bit of amusement at her comment.

Misty did nothing as all the chaos happened, just following along. As far as she was concerned, everyone else got it covered. Besides, if they got in trouble how was she suppose to bail them out if she was locked in the time out corner for bad little breeds? She watched curiously as two scientist came in a stood up for the breeds. It was strange, uncommon but not unheard of. She didn't comment.

(Sorry for being gone so long, I'm really busy nowadays DX)

Catching the look on Jake's face at the sight of her wings, Mina grinned. She had a surprisingly nice set of teeth, saying as she never really smiled. It was always those sorta forced, closed-lip smiles. "What, you like 'em? So do I. Makes me wish I knew how t' use 'em." She asked. The Owl Breed flapped her wings a few times, doing so to give herself room to squeeze out from behind everyone. After a few tries, she awkwardly folded her wings against her back again. Mina looked around and sighed heavily. She nice little display of flightlessness sent black white, brown, and orange feathers scattered throughout the room. It was about the time of the year when she molted, and it was freaking annoying. Namina slipped past Lucian, nudging him playfully with an elbow as she did. "It's fine, buddy. Just a few idiots ruffling my feathers is all." With a slight roll of her eyes, she turned to Jake. "Wanna get a better look?" After speaking, her left wing (which was closest to Jake) unfurled from against her back. It was fun to show off when she had the chance.

"Oh, uh, yes. Yes, they are very nice." Jake said timidly as he tentatively reached towards her outstretched wing.

After heasitating for a moment, his hand carefully brushed against her feathered limb. It was surprisingly soft, but after a few seconds a feather came off in his hand.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He said, looking at the white feather in his hand before trying to hand it back. "You said you couldn't use your wings? Maybe I could help with that. I'm not an owl expert or anything, but the physics of flight are fairly simple."

The Breed's response to the offered feather was a chuckle and a wave off her hand. "Nah, they come off all the time. Especially this time of year. They fall off and grow back like crazy." Mina insisted. Jack was a strange case for the normal people living in the facility. He was shy and awkward around everyone unless he was talking about his work. It was kinda cute, in a way. "Falling with style and not hurting yourself in the process doesn't count as flying, so no, I don't know how to fly. Nobody around wants be airborne I suppose." She answered with a grin. It was for good reason, she supposed, but it wasn't like the nerds could track her down if she fled the facility.

Misty

Everything looked okay now. That puny, little, blonde, male scientist looked like he was ready to stand up for the breeds if any scientists dared to hurt them in anyway. Quietly stalking out off the room, Misty padded out the door. She was quiet until she was sure she was out of hearing range. The cat breed wondered if anyone would notice if she was gone. Or even cared. She hoped not, she wanted to finish her lunch in peace. Not that she didn't enjoy the company of the others, she just wanted some 'me' time. And a nap before her experiment later that afternoon. Apparently you could test someones reflexes by pushing them off the roof. How was that suppose to help anyway? It wasn't like most humans went roof diving for fun.

Some male heads turned as she strutted down the pristine and freshly mopped hallways down to the room. A hint of a smile played on her lips as she continued to walk. The first two buttons on her shirt were unbuttoned and exposed a deal of cleavage, her skirt a bit to tight, Misty knew she was attractive and used it to her advantage. Beauty was the best thing she could get since she wasn't given a knife. Or a gun. A shame, she had been an excellent shot in the army.

(By the way, what are the breeds wearing anyway? I might have to change this post :\

((His name is Jake, not Jack tongue.gif ))

"Oh, alright." Jake said as he retracted the feather. "I didn't know that. I'm not really an expert on biology you see. I'm more of a physics and technology wizz.

"You'd probably be very good at flight if you tried a bit." Jake explained, reverting back to the subject of flight. "You are rather thin, and if I can recall on your profile, you had hollow bones? I'm not sure if that's normal in biology for owls, but it definitely would help you with flight. If they don't trust you flying outside, I can take you to a simulation room where you can practice with no worry of injury."

Andy woke up, he was chained to a bed in the test lab, a scientist was standing over him, messing with a syringe.

Andy looked around in wonder, he had no recollection of what had happened before, "What? Where am I? Why am I here?" He asked to the scientist.

"You assaulted a guard, giving him major injuries." The scientist replied. "You don't remember?"

"What?" Andy looked at the man oddly. "What are you talking about? I didn't do anything, the guard was dragging me towards the testing room and then I blacked out."

"I'm sorry, but I can't, you'll have to stay in bed for 24 hours until I can release you, also, your belongings will be stripped from your room and put in a Breed cell until further notice, oh, and you can't work in the labs anymore. Now, so you can't recall what just happened recently?"

Andy shook his head and the scientist pushed his bed towards a machine, he was going to get his brain scanned, and soon, they were looking at his brain's pictures up on the wall.

"I can let you go." The scientist said monotonously.

"What?" Andy retorted.

"I can let you go. There's nothing to worry about." He signalled for a guard to take Andy away, which they obeyed; the guard unstrapped him and walked him to the Breed cells.

"Wait, I can't live here!" Andy exclaimed in dismay.

"Sorry, bud, orders are orders. Oh yeah, you're registered for a test tomorrow at 15:00."

"No, please." Andy pleaded, but the guard was already gone. He sighed and went inside and lied on his bed, he could hear some commotion elsewhere.

((Anything, that I know of. Mina usually wears a black tank top and cargo pants.))

Clearly enjoying the idea of flight, Mina listened to Jake speak eagerly. Her brown eyes grew bright with excitement as he spoke. "You bet! I weigh about seventy-five pounds without starving to death." There was a pause at his offer, which made her frown slightly. "I won't have much time. I've got surgery scheduled for later toda-" Everyone knew of Mina's short attention span. And as voicews rang further down the hall, she stopped speaking and turned her head. The bird-guy, Andy his name was. The only other feathered person in the facility, and he couldn't even fly. It was mildly upsetting. "Hold that thought..." She snapped her wings shut and darted off towards his cell. "Hey! Andy right? Where've you been? Hiding in your little lab place? You should really hang out with the rest of us more. I mean, you're one of us now. Y'know, a freak to the outside world."

The two guards sighed as they looked at the new scientist. "this is usually how we were told how to pick who to test the empathy test for phill with, have you forgotten about that?We can't blindly pick without any testing of it. We need to test to see which brings the best results, do you have any other idea on how to?" Phill was slumped his head facing down as he didn't want to get hurt or risk any others getting hurt. He was on the white list as well but since this was part of an experiment he knew he couldn't use that as an excuse. Phill was finally released as the scientists went to talk to the higher ups. Phill curled up slightly like a wolf who couldn't find his pack at first, he was afraid of what others thought since it was all his fault basically. He hated these tests and knew that others did as well, he hated the fact that he felt responsible for others pain.He looked up at hector "sorry, thanks for protecting her."

"Well that's good I guess." Jake said. "Try not to eat too little though.

"We don't have to do it right away, since you are scheduled for something later. Why don't we make a schedule for it? Every afternoon at three maybe?"

Then, after the breed walked over to the one being taken to a cell, Jake paused next to her. It took a moment for him to recognize the man, since he had not seen him in a while.

"Hey, uh, calling him a 'freak' probably won't help how he's feeling." Jake murmured to Mina. "That aside, I don't really think of you as 'freaks.' Its absolutely horrid how they treat you here."

((I've been checking in. I just don't know where to fit my char. In....))

By the time they had gotten Raven sedated and retrained, she'd caused enough havoc to leave the staff flustered as they tried to organize charts of the other experiments again.

(maybe phill could find her? he doesn't really have anywhere to go either until they take people back for experiments.)

Phill was upset about causing this whole little scuffle between scientists. He knew he would be ok for a little while though before they took him back for multiple tests. He got up slowly his arms and upper back sore from the way the scientists had held him. He stretched them out looking around at the others, later they would try to enhance his senses and also try to make it so his hands could shift a little so his claws could retract or appear from his hands so he would still look mostly human other than his canines. They were also going to try and test his jaw strength and sharpen his teeth. He hoped that the side affects wouldn't be as bad as last time, muscle spasms,blurred vision, and painful uncontrollable retractions of his claws only to have them painfully un-sheath again. As he stretched his arms and legs he mumbled "why do the people i trust hurt me or get hurt by something that i could have stopped if i was stronger.."

Sorry if this addition is unappreciated...

Username: Zeditha

Name: Mia

Codename/Nickname: Mia

What are you: Breed

If Breed what kind?: Eagle

Appearance: She was previously tall, fair-skinned, with light blonde hair and blue eyes. Her eyes are now golden and she has feathered wings on her back with which she can fly for a limited time. They are slowly growing.

Personality: RP out

Preferred weapon: whip/dagger

Relationship: none

Family: She was an outcast anyway, so if she met her family you wouldn't know it.

Crush: Open

((Mia and Mina. Eagle and Owl. I like it.

Also, it doesn't say it on the front page, but Jayla wants these Pm'd to her.))

(Actually I did add PM the form to me. It is the very last rule before it starts on forms and accepted charries.)

Lucian tilted his head as he looked over to Jake before shaking his head. He then looked to the others carefully. This was new. Having a scientist that treated them as if they were more then the freaks that the one scientist had called them.

He then moved back to where his lunch tray was before he sat down. Now that the situation had calmed down he could now get back to his food happily.

(I'm new to the RP, please help my character get up to speed with what's happening smile.gif)

Mia paced her room, bored. There was little to do here: it summed up to looking out the window at the unchanging forest, sleeping, or thinking. With a sigh, she sat on her bed and thought. Why did she have to take that shot? All it led to was this mess. Although, she did have wings. Flapping them experimentally, she found herself lifting a little. She flapped harder, and found herself at the ceiling of her small room. She dropped to the floor as she heard a noise from outside her room.

((I deliberately made it easy. If anyone has a character free, they could be walking up to my room, being the noise Mia heard. Simple!))