JaylaCaine

Breed Life

((We're not by Mina's quarters, we ran off after Andy remember (I think)? Phil isn't by us))

There was a pause as she felt the hand on her wing. It was a strange feeling for her, but it was also comofrting. Stretching out her other wing, she used it to sweep Andy closer as well. "Glasses. right, your glasses." Her eyes darted across the floor in search of a set of glasses. There! Mina crouched down and carefully picked up the set of spectacles. Then, she slowly placed them back on Jake's face. "Sorry about that."

((I ship it.))

((Haha!

But what will her husband say ohmy.gif ))

"Thank you very much Mina." Jake said as his eyes refocused. "Anyways, don't Worry about it. As I said, you are right to be mad."

Then, turning to Andy, he looked at him with sadness in his eyes.

"I'm sorry that you have to be away from your child Andy. Again, just ask me if you need anything."

Mia stepped outside her tiny coop, following Phil wordlessly. Her wings grew slowly from her back.

((She was pronounced dead publicly.))

With a soft twitch of her wings, Mina had carefully folded them up and settled them to their original position. "It all...sucks. A lot. Nothing hurts more than staring outside and knowing I used to be a part of it." She mumbled. Her brown gaze flitted to her bare feet. Mina had long sonce abandoned her shoes. The combination of talons and the fact her toes had grown to be more like fingers made shoes awkward. "But...I don't want to think about that."

((OOC: Yes, but since Jake is a very kind person he'd probably want to get them together or something when they escape.))

Jake stood next to Mina and took hold of her hand which he squeezed gently.

"Why don't we go and try to forget about the pain for now, alright?" Jake said softly. "Do you want to maybe try to fit in some flying lessons in the sims room before your tests? It might make you feel better. I've been told that flying is quite exhilarating."

((Hey guys, I'm new! Arodeth is my character, she's a Breed of Lammergeier, or Bearded Vulture.))

Arodeth sat in her cell patiently, awaiting her daily visit from one of the scientists. She sat, wings folded, on her bed, looking at the walls curiously. The walls had scratches from when she was first experimented on as a Breed; claw marks from where she sharpened her claws, small dents where she tested the strength of her wings. Arodeth sighed. She enjoyed being a Breed, as strange as it was. It was an entirely new concept and way of life to her.

She smiled, her red rimmed eyes narrowing with her smile. Arodeth ruffled her hair, which had become almost the texture of feathers. She was quite pleased with her appearance; she had been one of the lucky ones to be fused with an animal she actually loved. However, it was time for some sort of company, and Arodeth waited anxiously for human contact. She chirped happily, ready to be let out for her daily tests and her flight exercises.

((Then it shall happen. And be very, explosively bad.

Also, I see some cat fights in the futures of Mina and Arodeth.))

Flight. The notion made Alice perk up. Her feather-like hair lifted much like a bird's would, and her expression changed to that of curiosity. "Really? I'd love to!" She decided. "But I've gotta change pants first. I've got feathers on my legs that are sorta important. I think." With a soft flutter of wings, Mina took off running towards her cell/room. As she didn't misbehave, she had a moderately nice room. When she ran inside her aforementioned room, the first thing that ended up happening was slipping on a paper that had been on the floor and falling. Nobody ever said Mina was ever graceful.

((Arodeth can join Jake and Mina in flight training.))

Arodeth heard a thud outside her cell. Looking through the glass window, she noticed Mina crumpled onto the floor of her room. Arodeth chirped with laughter, which turned into strange screaming sounds. She quickly covered her mouth; she wasn't used to her new vocal range.

The Breed turned to the holes in her window. "Hey, Mina! You ought to let someone know I'm in here, I need to work on flying, too!" she yelled happily. Arodeth accidentally spread her wings in anticipation, banging them onto the walls. "Oops..." she laughed.

Mina lay there on the floor for a while. It wasn't because she got hurt or anything; it was the fact her wings made it rather awkward to stand back up. So, she lay on her stomach, pondering as to how the piece of paper was put right inside her room. At a voice, she lifted her head. Oh, it was Ardeth! She and the other Breed had gotten along pretty well in the past. Smiling, Mina herself chuckled. "Yeah, I was on my way to change clothes and then work of flight. You're welcome to join me if you want." She agreed with a smile.

When Mina ran off in excitement, Jake smiled, glad that he was able to bring her some happiness. He began to walk after her, booking the sim room for flight training as he went. Luckily it was still open, so they'd be able to start right away.

((Just gonna give Mina some time to change so things don't get awkward.))

(Sorry been working a lot.) phill smiled as he saw that Mia was following him he walked outside holding the door for her. "I like it out here, not as much restrictions." Phill sniffed the air and led Mia to a bush with edible berries.

Arodeth's smile grew larger at the invitation. She chirped happily, spreading her wings once again and creating a banging noise. This time, she didn't shy back from it. Though she was still confined... that wouldn't do.

The Lammergeiger Breed looked over to Mina, who was still lying on her stomach. "You wouldn't mind letting me out of here when you come back this way, would you?" she laughed. "I'm going to go change first," she added, turning to her privacy wall.

Behind the wall was a rack of clothes and a small trunk which held her more delicate clothing. Arodeth paused, cocking her head while scanning the clothes hanging on the rack. She found a pair of shorts that fit a bit loosely with a snug waist; those would work. Arodeth snagged those and threw them on the floor behind the wall. The Breed put her hands on her hips, looking for a top that would give her the right amount of wind resistance. A slim tank top hung before her, and she grabbed that and threw it behind the wall as well.

She'd need something to keep her posture correct; her wings were still quite heavy to her, and so her posture was really bad lately. Arodeth opened her trunk, searching through it for her corset. It wasn't meant to keep good posture, but it forced her to keep her back straight, so she grabbed it as well. It was black with silver eyelets.

Arodeth went and changed quickly, putting the corset on over her tank top so it was more comfortable. She then ran back to the window, waiting for Mina to come by and let her out. "I'm ready when you are!" she called excitedly.

It didn't take long at all for Mina to change clothes. She kept her black tank top on, but changed her cargo pants in favor for a pair of khaki shorts that stopped a few inches above her knees. There. That would work. Exiting the room, she waited patiently for the other bird Breed to finish changing. Most of the other Raptor Breeds were more solitary or just didn't like Mina, so it was a nice change to see that one of them wanted to socialize with her. At the call, Mina opened the door to Arodeth's room so the woman could exit. "How've things been recently with ya? We haven't talked in a while."

Arodeth brushed herself off, smoothing out the small wrinkles in her corset as she left her room. "Oh, same ole routine everyday. Haven't been flying too much, today's a great day to get some practice in!" she replied, smiling.

She walked alongside Mina, eyeing her wings with envy. "You've got much sturdier wings than I do, I'm a bit jealous," she laughed. "How have things been with you?" she asked politely, blinking to adjust to the sunlight.

Mina walked calmly alongside Arodeth as they headed towards the Sim room. It was nice to talk to someone. It reminded her of life before all...this. At Arodeth's mention of her wings, Mina stretched one halfway open and frowned slightly. "Really? Huh. But you're a lot newer than me, so you're probably not used to the weight yet. It's hard to get used to, but I don't even feel it anymore." She assured her with a smile. Once they had read the Sim room, Mina opened it slowly. "Jake? I'm here. Arodeth's with me too."

Arodeth smiled as Mina stretched a wing. The Lammergeier wasn't too in-control of her wings, so her envy grew a bit more. As the pair entered the Sim room, Mina mentioned Jake, and Arodeth hid a slight blush. She had grown fond of Jake, but she doubted it was returned, so she kept it deep inside her heart. It was probably just a crush, but nevertheless, it was still affecting her. Arodeth smiled shyly, waving.

((Jake isn't in the sim room, he thought that he'd catch up with Mina at her room.

My drama senses are tingling.

By the way, sorry I couldn't post earlier. Had to work today.))

Jake finally got to Mina's room, and knocked before waiting a moment, then walked in. He found the room empty, and so assuming that Mina had gone to the Sim rom without him, left and headed in that direction.

As Jake arrived at the sim room, he found not only Mina peeking in to see if he was there, but another bird breed as well. It was impossible to tell if it was someone he knew or not by looking at their back though.

"Hello." Jake greeted. "I see you brought someone along Mina."

((It's no problem, we're all busy.))

At a familiar voice, Mina turned her head. A warm smile soon found its way to her lips as she saw Jake. "Hey Jake. This is my friend Arodeth. I figured you wouldn't mind her joining us." She greeted. The Breed stepped into the room so there was room for him to enter and fumbled along the wall in search of a light switch. As soon as she hit it was the large room illuminated by several powerful lights. "Aha, there we are. Now, whaddya have in mind?"

"Oh no, I don't mind at all." Jake replied to Mina. "I wouldn't mind helping her if she needs it, and if she already knows how to fly she can help you as well."

As Mina entered the room, Jake came in behind her and waited till Arodeth was inside before shutting the door behind her. It wasn't really the nicest looking room. The floor had a yellow grid pattern on it, and the walls were filled with sections that were bent in, with bars covering the indents so they looked somewhat like cages.

"Well, you're going to need a lot of space to fly in, but in an area where the guards won't worry about you leaving." He answered. "That's where this room comes in handy."

With a grin, Jake input a few commands into his pad, and suddenly the room changed to look like a large open meadow, filled with flowers and rolling hills. It had plenty of room to fly in, and since there were no trees or anything there would be no reason to worry about crashing.

"How do you like it?" Jake asked.

((By the way, this is what the room looks like without the program.))

"I think it looks great! I really miss being out in the real fields, but that life is gone now," Arodeth answered. It was true; she really did miss her experiences out in the real world. But there was no time to dwell on her past life; it was time to focus on her new one.

She lifted her wings, stretching them and trying to warm her muscles up. "I really have no clue how to fly," Arodeth laughed nervously.

Mia looked at the berries. They looked tasty, so she tried one; it was. She smiled at Phil.

((Sorry for short post, I have time restriction))