JaylaCaine

Breed Life

Felicia's smile brightened, "Yup, I'm fine. My legs are shocked is all." As if to prove her point, she pushed herself to her feet, legs still shaky but she made her way over to the scientist and turtle breed without to much difficulty. Felicia wasn't made of glass, just smaller then average was all. And her immune system was a tiny bit weak. But yeah. She stretched her arm, not really knowing what the two was talking about at first, but quickly caught on that Rebecca was trying to find Mina.

"Oh she's with Lucian. They locked him up again. I was going to see him. Maybe they'll let me in to cuddle with him. It's to bad we can't all go cuddle outside, such a waste of a beautiful day." She let out a disappointed sigh, plucking three long strands of great from the root and provided to braid them.

Lucian smiled to Mina before carefully moving his clawed hand to bring his thumb up. He then looked up at Phill before he shrugged his shoulders a bit. Turning to the notebook he had been allowed to keep he grabbed the pen before he wrote. ' My throat is pretty raw. Feels like sandpaper when I talk. They did more experiments this morning to boost the hormones they gave last night.' He then pushed the notebook through the slot that was normally used for his food tray.

Phill looked at the notebook reading what Lucian had wrote. he didn't get how they could do this to other humans. He shook his head kneeling by Lucian's cage "that sucks i only got tested for pain tolerance and reaction to when they provoke me..luckily for them and myself i didn't attack. I'm glad the main scientist hasn't reacted to me being out of my cage yet the others that I've met so far are letting me stay out since i have my anklet thing on. I'm sorry they hurt you so much,that's not fair." He looked over at Namina and whispered "we've gotta try and keep him smiling. how's this card game work? actually what card game am i watching?"

Edited by voltage

((Hey, Jay, you still haven't fixed a part of my character form.

and an energy sword pulse pistol.

please take out the 'energy sword' part))

John

John rolled his shoulders to relax the tensed up muscles in his back as he walked towards his 'quarters'. He'd been running exercises with new equipment that the scientists in this compound had come up with. They would often get him to test new tech developed for the breed program, mostly because he was very co-operative. This made the people in charge, and the other humans that he dealt with day to day more trustworthy of him so he got many privileges. In comparison to some other breeds anyways. Thankfully, he was finished with his report of the equipment's functionality, so he was now free to go.

------------------------

Jake

Jake looked over the data from the latest tests of his new armor. It had taken him longer than expected to come up with the design, and naturally, it took him longer than the impossibly short due date he had been given to finish it. Though he was one of the most brilliant scientists in the facility, he was not a miracle worker. The deadlines he was given were absolutely preposterous. With a heavy sigh, Jake got up from his chair and left the lab and started on his walk to his office. As he walked, Jake studied the data tablet in his hands intently, not really paying any attention to his surroundings.

((If anyone wants to bump into Jake while he's not paying attention go ahead.))

Lucian shrugged his shoulders before leaning down and pulling the notebook back to him. Hearing Phill he arched a brow before he wrote down. ' I am enhanced to be a killer.' He then tilted his head as he then continued writing, ' At the moment I have issues talking doesn't mean I can't hear you.' He then slid the notebook back towards them before he sat back a bit before stretching with a silent yawn. His internal clock telling him that if he was right then food would start to be delivered soon.

(Sorry for the delays in corrections and slow posting. My little doggie has been at the vet for the past week so I have been worried over her. She had a seizure and a mini stroke last wednesday, wouldn't eat, had surgery this monday and the vet found a blockage. Well today she ate, but the vet wants to make sure there are no issues so cross your fingers I can bring her home tomorrow.)

(aww. i wish her luck)

Phill nodded slowly looking at Lucian "that may be but honestly, were you always a killer or did they make you a killer? letting you alone and not doing these tests on you, say they had let you free after initially making you into what you are now, a human animal cross breed. Would you still be a killer? i don't believe that you would be and i don't believe that you are now. Honestly they misunderstand us and they say they are trying to understand us yet they hurt us to do so. I believe that if mina was in your cage even if you ere t full strength and she hit you that all you would do is pin her, not kill. i just want to make sure that you keep smiling because our kind, our subspecies of human i guess you can call it. We all have to stick together because honestly we need each other for support." He rubbed the back of his neck thoughtfully. Unfortunately that's where the biggest bruise was and he held back a yelp as pain rippled through his veins to the point where he checked his hand making sure his claws hadn't been out and dug into him. He let out a soft sigh of relief seeing no blood but he had let his head fall against the glass while he had to catch his breath.

(Looking over the accepted section, I notice that the face link didn't carry over well. So, I will just plop it here. http://static2.nexusmods.com/15/images/110...-1338036003.jpg But anyway... Let the RP begin)

Alexander sat on the edge of the roof, he had been allowed outside after being exceptionally obedient during his confinement in that infernal glass box. Watching the guards patrol about below, like so many little bugs marching from their nests. His tailed swished lightly in the breeze. His mismatched eyes slitted in the sun of the Brazilian jungle, he felt almost at home. Almost. He was in a cage, looking through the bars at the people beyond, poking and prodding and experimenting. It was like he wasn't human anymore. Taking one last look at the outside world, he lept from the roof, his reflexes kicking in as he twisted to stabilize his fall, landing neatly on his feet with barely a sound. He strode back into the facility, the small tracker anklet beeping slightly. He hated that sound, not only was it almost painfully loud to his hypersensitive ears, but it reminded him of how those scientist could know whatever he was doing wherever he was. He would escape this place, maybe not now, but someday.

((No problem with anything, don't worry. I hope your dog gets better.))

Namina merely read and listened, her doe brown gaze hardening as she thought to herself. More tests. Today was her day for a new experiment. Over the past few weeks, she'd been given regular injections of stem cells from a Short-Eared Owl. Minus the wings, she really wasn't all that special. A nut case, sure, but not special. From what little information she squeezed from Rebecca, it had something to do with eyesight. That would be just super. If we're gonna play Yuker, we're gonna need one more person. And something to bet with. she declared after a while. If these tests were anything close to the ones done before, she'd have her eyes covered for at least two weeks. Might as well make the best of it now. Should I see if John wants a game or two? Mina turned to Phil and then to Lucian for approval. It was their game too, after all.

Rebecca didn't look assured by Felicia's statement until she looked the frial woman over. A full circle around her, pausing once to check her vitals, and she was satisfied. Becky was always a worrier. Releasing a small sigh at both of the Breeds' answers, she nodded. Thank you both. I've just been so worried about her lately. She needs treatment for her coping mechanism and refuses it. Would either of you mind telling her this? She won't listen to me, but maybe an opinion from another will change that. The psychiatrist rubbed her face with a hand and sighed again. The worry lines on her face showed in this moment. I just...I hate seeing her so miserable.

Phill looked over at mina and nodded "i don't really play Yuker but ill give it a go, doesn't matter to me who we play with." He was sore and He hadn't really known john so he wasn't going to be as open but a card game is a card game. Phill picked a card from the deck looking at the two of spades, he laughed softly "if we draw to see who goes first i hope i get a redraw." Phill Liked that mina was actually quieter then most it gave a sort of mystery to her but he knew she has been gone almost every day this week so far. how could these humans do this to us i mean even if we are good like mina, Felicia, even Hector. how can they be so inhuman when it comes to us. He thought he had only said that in his head but he had mumbled it barely audible. He sat up straight as his pain had gone away. He wanted to break out with at least 3/4ths of the others and go live in the forest where they could actually be free to be themselves and not test dummies, not just numbers on a sheet of paper.

Lucian looked to them before taking the notebook. He then wrote, ' I was a sniper in the army. I trained to be a killer. Before I joined I was just a simple man working at my uncle's ranch raising sheep, cows, and some pigs. Gathering eggs from the chickens and training the horses.' He then looked to Mina and shook his head as he continued, ' If she were in here with me I doubt she would have a reason to hit me, and if she did I wouldn't hurt her. I don't mind who plays with us though I don't know the game.' He then moved the notebook back over for them to read.

Phill let a smile shift the corner of his lips slightly as his point was proved. He handed the card back to Mina as he spoke "you may have been trained to kill, you might be able to kill, But they did not make you a killer. You are who you want to be, as long as you don't let them change who you are personally then you will never be a killer unless you make yourself one. Since i have been here long enough to know you at least kind of well, i know you aren't a killer without motive. I was trained for recon myself, believe me it is not easy to slip by a good sniper, the only time i got spotted was by a very well trained sniper in fact. I respect them very much, they have great vision and accuracy most the time if not all the time. " Phill looked at Mina and smiled more predominantly "ohh i wanna shuffle, i don't know the game well but i like shuffling cards. I have never actually played yuker with anyone but i had cards before i always loved to shuffle them, it just made me happy, mostly i liked widdling stuff like I've started today." He pulled out the stick he had started to carve, it was starting to have curves in it like a snake but he still had a ways to go before it was finished, he had collected a lot of sticks since he would have a lot of carving time. He also had a CD player and some headphones but he only listened to it when the noises were too much for him. Truth be told he was weak hearted and hearing people in a lot of pain usually triggered him to do stupid stuff like try and save them which usually doesn't end well for anyone involved. He almost had done it earlier to save a fellow person of this race of theirs this human animal breed, Lucian but he did not want anymore pain for either of them. After the first time he had ran towards someone else in pain Rebecca had given him that to help.He was known as one of the softer breeds when it came to feeling for other breeds, at least as far as males go but he was still very strong otherwise.

Edited by voltage

"Okay I'll try... But the last person I saw try got a huge bruise." Felicia informed the scientist. She scanned her surroundings, just in case Mina was done with her visit and was just flying about. The little cat breed saw a couple of other breeds lodging about, but no one carried wings.

"Do you want to come Hector? We can see Lucian. I'm sure he'll appreciate the visit."

Mina sifted through the deck, picking out the kings, queens, jacks, aces, and numbers down to nine. Those cards she put in a pile to her left, while the other cards went in a stack to her right. The stack to her right was returned to the box and then pocketed. Okay, Yuker isn't really that hard to play. It works in pairs of two, so we'll need four people in this game. she began, a small smile forming on her lips. It faded as the two men began to speak about their past. I was a pilot in the Air Force. Part-Time Engineer for the planes. Call it ironic that I can still fly now.

Hector nodded at the cat's question, "Sure. I would love to see the others", he said simply. He closed his book and carefully shifted to one knee. All the extra weight and bulk on his body made simple tasks such as shifting positions and laying down difficult. He shifted his weight forward and got to his feet with a grunt. He rolled his shoulders to lesson the tension. His armor plates ground together with the same sound as rock scrapping on rock. Hector carefully bent over to pick up his textbook and stuck it under his arm. He smiled down at the two girl that he towered over, "Lets go give Lucian some company", he rumbled. He gave Rebecca a short bow, "It has been a pleasure talking with you. I hope to see you later today", he said. Hector had to turn sideways so he could fit through the door. Once inside, he carefully walked down the stairs towards the more secure floors. Hector's own cell was located on the ground floor and was more like a small apartment than a cage. Sure there was still a ballistic glass door and security cameras but that didn't bother him much. He was grateful to have a place to sleep and things to read. A few experiments here and there seemed like a good trade.

Hector opened the door to the secure wing and squeezed into the hallway. He could see Phill and Namina sitting in front of Lucian's transparent room. As he got closer he smiled warmly, "Salutations all", he greeted them, noticing the cards, "Ah a game of chance and misdirection. Whats on the table? Rummy? Bridge? Poker? I have always been a fan of rummy", he said, leaning against the Lion's cage, his book hung loosely in his clawed hand. He remembered his conversation with Rebecca just a few minutes ago, "Oh, Alice. Rebecca is looking for you", he passed the news to her.

Yuker. Wanna play? Mina answered. She grinned at Hector and began to shuffle the cards. It was easier to shuffle with a smaller deck, especially when one possessed the kind of talons she did. The chance of tearing a card was usually high, so she had to be careful. I was just teaching these guys how to play. At his next words, Mina's wings and hair alike ruffled. Of course she was. Becky was always looking for her. This stress made her accidentally tear a few cards as she shuffled. Sighing heavily, Namina dropped all the cards and let them flutter to the ground. There goes our cards. Sorry guys.

Phill picked up a few of the card hat were ripped and he shrugged "its fine, actually i think these can be at least kind of fixed, i'll be right back." Phill walked outside and found a few vine's in the jungle area using his claws He cut the vines off. Luckily he had a pretty steady hand but he walked back in with the cards and vines. He sat down by the cage again. He slowly and carefully began to tie the vines around the cards to hold them together, he made sure to tie them so that the knot and if he could the way they were tied looked exactly the same. He wasn't used to the claws so it was sloppily done but the cards were at least usable. He Groaned a little as at the last card he messed up a little, after tieing it his right hand slipped and he accidentally cut his left hand. He handed the cards back to Mina and smiled. He Had been through much worse pain so the little cut that ran from the base of his thumb to his wrist only caused him a small amount of pain.He had also put his shirt on again realizing that yes it makes it warmer but also Since he was covered in fur he liked the feeling of having a shirt on and inside was almost always cold. He was a worried about Mina so after he handed her the cards Phill looked into her eyes when he asked, "what's wrong,is their something about her we don't know like does she hurt you?" He tried to keep eye contact hoping to see if theirs some sort of reaction that will help him tell if she is lieing or not.

Alexander noticed the open door to the secure wing, walking in slowly, his tail swishing and twitching. A whole bunch of other breeds had gathered near a cell. "A card game? Never learned many card games." He sighed, leaning down on one knee. He didn't know any of them, having just gotten to this place. Wanting to talk, he walked forward slightly, introducing himself. "Umm, hello? I'm Alexander, I just got here. Who are you?"

"Yay! Lucian!" Felicia squealed happily the moment they were in Lucian's room/near his cell (in it?). Bouncing in, she squeezed her arm in the bars in an attempt to hug the bigger cat breed, but failed, drawing back.

"Ok then... Are we playing cards?" She asked sitting down. Felicia watched curiously as Phil left, claiming he could fix the cards. She continued to watch as he came back, let out 'ohhs and ahhs' that no one could make out to be mocking or not. After he finished, she could smell blood.

"Here, I got a..." Felicia trailed off, reaching into her pocket for a bandage. "Oh! Here you go." She happily offered the bandage to the wolf breed, "And you know, you could have used tape."

Phill chuckled as he put the bandage on his cut "i could have but i didn't have any. I could have asked i suppose but i doubt they would hand it to me, besides tieing them looks cooler." He looked up at Alexander curiously before nodding "my name is Phill, nice to meet you." He chuckled at kitty "i don't know whether i amused you or not but those oohhs and ahhs made me feel like i was doing it right by the way, thanks." He chuckled and looked over at Mina "think we have enough people now? "

Hector frowned at Mina's reaction when he mentioned his sister, "I'm sorry Alice. I didn't mean to upset you", he apologized, watching the cards flutter to the floor. Hector turned at a voice behind him. It seemed that the facility had created another Breed. He watched him crouch next to the group and introduce himself. Hector leaned against the back wall and slid to the floor, Kicking his legs out in front of him and slamming into the ground with a loud thud, "greetings. You must be the new guy I heard about upstairs", he said warmly. He shifted slightly to get comfortable and fell silent. He preferred to listen to talk most of the time. He also preferred to read but that was rude in a group setting.

Hi, I'm SparrowSelkie and I was wondering if I could join your role-play. I'm kinda new to this stuff, so if I completely mess it up just delete my posts or something.

Username: SparrowSelkie

Name: Fiona Lamontange

Codename/Nickname: Fiona or Fin

What are you: Human, average lab worker

Appearance: Five foot two with long red hair and brown eyes. She always wears her black glasses and combat boots of indeterminate color.

Personality: Fiona is shy and jumpy, and no one knows how she got a job at the lab. She wants to treat the Breeds like people, but she has been given strict orders. Don't look them, don't touch them, and most importantly don't talk to them.

Preffered Weapon: Umm…

Relationship: Single

Family: Unknown

Crush: None

((although the intro doesn't say it, Jay as requested for all the forms to be PM'd. happy.gif))

Mina frowned, her feathers ruffling even more as more people showed up. She usually didn't mind a crowd, but she did when she was stressed. A new face was refreshing, however. We were, but now ya can kinda tell which cards are which. I'll just...I'll just go get some tape... She answered with a heavy sigh. Pity flashed in her eyes at the sight of Alexander. You're new, huh? Let me just give it to ya straight: You're dead to the world, you can never leave, and there's gonna be a lotta painful tests done on you. But the food's pretty good and we're allowed outside, so that's a plus.

Phill stood up and helped Mina up knowing for a fact she was not in a good mood at the moment. He Sighed "want any company to try and find tape or did they give you some in your cage? i want to see where they keep it if not. Also Alexander, honestly she is right and another thing is you want to try and behave otherwise you lose even the privileges we get. Believe me this place is not all its cracked out to be.. i wish i could have warned you before you decided to accept..just i wish you the best of luck here and hope they take it easy on you."

Lucian looked around at those around his cell that had appeared. Pulling the notebook back he had gone to start writing when others came up the glass. Smiling to Felicity he then moved his hand through the slot to pet her hand before turning his head. He then saw a few look like they were about to leave. Seeing the new breed he then tapped his own throat with his knuckle to show just how some of the damage could be caused just from some of these tests they did.