JaylaCaine

Breed Life

Phill had been going out of the cave he had only dug about 4 feet down and had a long way to go on his tunnel. He had just went inside the building to ask any other breeds for help when the scientists started appearing. One grabbed him and brought him towards the others. Today they were going to test on how he reacted to others being hit once right in front of him. They wanted to test who he had the most empathy for to see who they will bring him back in the middle of experimenting on. Most the time it was Mina, Lucian, or kitty due to him knowing them the most. He knew hector just as long but they never seemed to be able to get through his armor. This time it was when the scientist went close to Mina he started to growl louder then for the others, after all she had been the one that wanted to play cards and just relax. She is one that he respected for the fact that she knew that she had to do this yet she also knew that you always need hope. He had always been there and would secretly pull becky away at times to give Mina some space when he could. He would do anything for his main friends, mina had actually helped him before while he was recovering stuck in his room. She had borrowed a book from hector for him to read. He was close to both hector and Mina for helping him through that but hectors shell proved to phill that he could take care of himself. Phill knew what was going to happen for his test today as well. They were planning on putting him in a room and seeing how cold before he gets too cold to stay in there for over 0 minutes. After that they are probably going to try and enhance his eyesight more since his eyesight is currently only 2/3rds as good as a wolves. There was no way to tell the side affects but he has seen people go blind from it at least temporarily. He hoped they wouldst assign anyone to be his eyes, even though it would be weird to not have sight his sense of smell and sense of hearing should do just fine.

(sorry if this is controlling too much but i kinda wanted to get my character back in the place a little bit, also just to make clear its that they are trying to hit or like pin you and its multiple scientists like how they would normally get to us.)

Lucian looked to the others before he then tilted his head while he ate. Hearing of the tests that the others were going to be forced to go through that day he shuddered. He then moved his hands as he signed, ' My test was earlier if you didn't hear the roars. However later I'll get a shot in my throat to relax my vocal cords so hopefully after that I will be able to talk again.'

He then shrugged his shoulders as he then went back to eating. He then looked over to Mina as he heard she would have surgery on her eyes. Chuckling silently he then pointed to his chest. As long as he behaved he should be able to be her seeing eye cat up until her own vision came back to her as it usually did.

Her stomach rumbled, and it echoed of the plain walls of the room. Raven was more or less numb to the ache in the hollow of her stomach. She'd gone hungry before, and it wasn't any different from before. The smell of food trickled in from under the door, further probing her stomach's digestive juices. Just when she was about to walk to the door, it opened, and in walked a White Coat.

This one, she'd never seen before. He was younger than most, and wore a cheery smile, despite the less than great actions that went on in the facility. "Roxanne?" He called, lifting the papers on his clip board. Rolling her eyes, Raven spoke. "That'd be me." She waited for the guards to come in behind him, to chain her up, and haul her to another room. But they didn't come. "I would like you to come with me." He smiled warmly, yet chills rolled down her back. Horrid images ran through her head, all past memories. "Great, another batch of tests cooked up by the white-coated kooks." She rose to her feet slowly. "Actually, I wanted to talk to you."

Raven froze, eyeing him slowly. "What was that? Talk? There is no such thing as talking here. No one talks. They just poke and prod." His smile never faultered. "Well we are trying to change that. Come now, let's not dally." He extended his hand. Raven looked at it with disdain, and brushed by him. I could escape right now. No ones here... She glanced at the White Coat, and stopped. She felt the urge dissipate from her, and turned to walk along side him.

(he is getting tests done but i tried to make it so that scientists are checking which of the breeds to use for the most "optimal reaction from phill. See when he hears others pain it's almost like he feels it. So they bring him back during someone elses experiment and see who he reacts too most. At the moment they are getting closer towards you and shadows characters. You guys react however but usually they try and grab the person and act like they are gonna hurt the person or maybe inject them with a sedative, that parts up to you what they do or if they actually do it. They go off whoever phill acts most protective of, so him growling louder then usual when they are close to Mina and Hector shows them that its one of those two that he is most protective over at the moment. So it would be one of those two that they go after but considering the armor on hector they will probably choose mina for optimal effect due to the fact that she would be more likely to yelp in pain or fight back so that they can test which of phill's "pack" the people he trusts most and feels closest too sparks the most anger/empathy in him.)

((I honestly tried to read that, I really did. Not to be rude, but I'm having a hard time picking up what you're trying to say. I'm too distracted trying to put it into proper English.))

(I think what he is trying to say is: The scientists are going to torture Phill emotionally by torturing one of the others physically. When they threaten either Mina or Hector then Phill growls to show agitation. So they go for the weaker looking of the two to torture Phill with.)

Raven felt sluggish, and as though there was something she was going to do, but it had slipped her mind. She no longer really cared in fact, but that aroused more suspicion. Glancing at the White Coat every so often, she began to notice that he was almost straining against something. Veins bulged in his temple, while small beads of sweat lined his brow. Raven tried to put everything together, but they just slipped away out of grasp. Now using as must strength as she could muster, she pushed the block out of her head, and it all clicked. He's a pyche!

Raven stole another glance at him, and was quite startled as he caught her gaze. His look was icy suspicion. That's when Raven smiled warmly, playing it off as though nothing had happened. "Where are we going now Mr. Scientist?" She asked in a voice dripping in enough fake sweetness that her skin crawled. The look faded, and he smiled back. "Just in this room, right over here." She couldn't tell whether or not the man knew that she'd shut him out. However, she could guess he did, as she herself had very limited psych powers, of which were mainly telepathy and reading thoughts. And when she was shut out of someone's mind, it felt like a door to the face. Conjuring up some fake thoughts and motives, she craftily tried to play-cate him now, and make him think as though he was fiddling with the real portion of her mind.

The fog settled over her, but it wasn't like before. It only dwelled on the outside of her mind. Had she fooled the man? Or was he playing her? They walked into a plain room, with a metal table in the middle, as well as two matching chairs on either side. He gestured for her to sit, and she did. Soon after, he sat at the table himself.

"So, Roxanne-"

"It's Raven."

"Ok, Raven, can you tell me why you've been acting up?" An icy hand seemed to move through out her mind, probing and prodding her thoughts. Was it the fact that she could do the same to others that she could feel the doctor doing it now?

"Well, if you were locked up in this place, poked, prodded, zapped, and basically tortured, wouldn't you act up?" She saw a darkness cross his face. "I guess, but why do you keep doing it when it's only going to keep landing you the same punishment?"

"Oh, I'm hoping that with enough times, they'll maybe change it up." The doctor shook his head, and she caught sight of his ID. Dr. James Monroe...

Once again, the icy hand moved about her mind, yet she let no hint of the surprise and anger show. She'd learned to hide her emotions well, so deep, that not even the best could ever hope to catch a glimpse of them. "So, what can you tell me about yourself?" He slid the charts away, and interwove his fingers, resting them on the metal table before them. "Can't you just read the charts?"

"I want to hear from you."

"And what would you like me to tell? I'm a mutant freak of the military constantly living my days out in pain and torture? How's that for you?" An eerie calmness washed over her, yet she shoved it away. Its him again...

"Alright, listen, I'm trying to help you-"

"If you want to help me, us-" She leaned forward, now whispering. "Get us the censorkip.gif out of here." That was when she fell back into her chair, looking at him, trying to read him. She tried to reach into his mind, yet was met with a wall. He seemed to be thinking, but she couldn't be sure. Another man came in, tossing his head back towards the hall. "Time's up." Raven looked to the man in obvious disdain, yet rose slowly, exchanging looks with James, and slipped into the hall.

He grabbed her arm. A wicked smile crept across her face, and seconds later, her elbow collided with the man's face with a CRACK!. He was stunned, falling back and landing square on his butt. Laughing rather maniacally, she tore down the halls, running into several other scientists along the way.

-------

James only shook his head at the commotion. Chuckling at the girl's useless antics, he rose and crossed the room to the door, just sticking his head out far enough to catch her and her wild, dirty blonde hair streaking out behind her as she disappeared around a corner. Wandering back inside, he picked the charts up, leading through them. "Possible psychosis... Well that explains a lot..." Mumbling to himself, he continued to scan through the papers. No where does it state she's telepathic. How did she shut me down so quickly? She just... Completely shut me out. That's... Impossible. He shook his head and set the clipboard back down, running his fingers through his hair with a groan. Her words came back to him. "If you really want to help me, us, get us the censorkip.gif out of here." He tried to clear the icy words from his mind, the dangerous glint in her eyes, but even he, could not erase that moment. A new thought crept into his head.

I think it's about time for a jail break.

((I hope most of that made sense. If you don't mind, would it be alright if I have James get the ball rolling on the break out?

Also, I might get a form for him started... He was supposed to just be a generic, but he kind of took on a life of his own. xd.png ))

(We didn't. Raven only use things in your bio. This is just a program to enhance them with animal DNA. It does not play into the super power realm. If you wanted your charrie to have something like telepathy or something that that should have been in your bio. No adding things unless it's been approved by me.)

"Hey, wake up bird." A hand was slapping his face, Andy sat up groggily, he opened his eyes and saw a guard standing in front of him. "Hey, wake up you little censorkip.gif."

Andy tried to swat away the guard's hands. "Alright, I'm up! Sto—"

"Wake up, bird." The man said again, pulling Andy out of his seat by his lab coat and dragging him out of the cell. "Have you woken up yet, bird? Have you?"

"Stop!" Andy cried nervously. "I am not a test subject— I'm a scientist."

"Negative, it says on your paper that you're an ex-scientist. Now, stop struggling."

"No, I'm a scientist! They gave me permission to work at the labs." His eyes were wide-open, he had never been treated like this before, he had never even seen Breeds treated like this, but he thought about it, he was a scientist that sat behind a lab, creating new types of animal DNA (as well as his own poisons secretly), but he had never been behind the doors where every Breed was experimented on; he was heading there now, he could see the doors coming closer and closer, then something happened.

"I said." Andy snarled, "Let go." A rapid swipe of feathers startled the guard and Andy managed to push him against the wall; he looked at the guard's terrified face and smiled. "Tell me something, do you have any kids?"

The guard shook his head. Then Andy growled: "Planning on having any?" The guard shook his head again, in return, the Breed pecked the guard's eye and used his talons to jab the man's crotch, making him shriek in his pain. Andy let go of the man, who slunked on the floor. Suddenly, the alarm sounded and the door, the one Andy was being dragged to, opened; a guard ran out holding his baton, followed by another one, and another one, soon, more were pouring out. He felt a surge in his heart as he started to run— Cassowaries can run way faster than the average human— but a thought stuck to him, he wasn't really Human anymore, he had acted differently, he felt like an animal, a Cassowary, he didn't feel like Andy anymore, he felt someone else, like a name he had heard scientists call him behind his back: Casey.

Mina could hear the scientists approaching. Although her eyesight was her strongest point, owls had exceptional hearing as well. She looked up, feathers ruffling once they were close enough for her to see their faces. Something was wrong. In e fear that either Elliot or Hector would be attacked, she wrapped her wings tighter around the two. Scientists were unpredictable.

Poor Rebecca was too busy trying to unlock the key to her room to realize there was a Cassowary-man charging down the hallway. Andy, she remembered him. Andy and she had been good friends. But the man suddenly was never talked about and never showed up anywhere in the facility. It made Becky worry for her colleague. That worry vanished when she was suddenly knocked over by the Breed. She let out a yelp and crashed to the floor.

((Sorry. I thought that they'd already have such powers implemented into the character. I really need to pull my head out of my butt and pay attention. xd.png ))

Elliot's spines rattled like a snakes tail when the scientists came dragging Phill down the hall towards the group. He felt Mina's tension as she squeezed him tighter into her body with her wings. Elliot shrugged off Mina's wing rose from his spot on the floor, "Oi! Not her. She has tests scheduled later today and she doesn't need any more stress", he said, trying to keep his temper down.

Hector Struggled to one knee as Elliot rushed forward to mouth off to the scientists. He grabbed a handful of the back of his shirt and used his stability to haul himself to his feet, "Now Elliot, don't get rowdy", he said, putting himself behind Elliot and in front of Alice, "they are just doing their job", he said. Hector knew this could go two ways, he wanted the peaceful option.

Lucian looked up when he scented Phil being dragged towards them. Tilting his head he then noticed how the scientists went to grab for Mina before he growled deep in his throat. He knew that the scientists were awful but not like this. It would be one of the first times that they would bring another Breed in for someone else's testing.

As both men stood and stepped forward, Mina decided to hang back. She wrapped her wings around herself again and curled up tightly in the hopes she wouldn't be noticed. Settling her feathers back down, the Breed instead flattened them to make herself seem smaller. Why were they doing this? It was Phil who had apparently screwed up, not her! Usually, Alice didn't want to be the damsel in distress. But this wasn't a usual thing. Scientists didn't hurt the Breeds. Mina was the only current bird Breed to have wings on her back instead of them being her arms, so she was on a white-list when it came to most punishment. Her sanity was only being kept together with her new identity anyways. Any extra stress and poor Namina could lose it.

Casey stumbled and fell over the woman, it was Rebecca, he had previously talked to her when he was a scientist, and she was still nice to him when he had turned into a Breed. He quickly got up and pulled her up too before he sprinted away. Suddenly, as he turned around the corner, he was tackled by a guard and another came to hold him down.

"Hold him still." A scientist said, Casey use to know him, but he had forgotten his name. The scientist took out a syringe filled with etorphine, upon seeing this, Casey tried to struggle from the grasp of the guards, etorphine was only meant for large animals like elephants, not cassowaries, it was going to kill him. The scientist placed the syringe into Casey's arm and injected the etorphine into him, which finally stopped Casey from struggling and made him fall limp.

Wide-eyed, Rebecca stared in disbelief as Casey was tackled to the ground. She seemed more than startled by the whole situation, and appeared to be on the verge of tears. It didn't take much to upset the woman. "No! Let him go!" She squeaked. It wasn't her job to handle the Breeds; she was supposed to make sure they were mentally intact. Treating them like...that wouldn't do anything but make their state of mind worse. Mustering up the courage to stand up to the two guards, she frowned at them and checked his pulse. "Don't you have puppies to kick and orphanages to burn?" She asked crossly. "I can handle him from here. Any more cruelties like this to him and I'll white-list him." Being the only psych official that the Breeds actually openly spoke with, Becky had a good bit of authority as to who could and couldn't be interfered with in any setting other than the OR and vital checks.

Edited by shadow_claw

((Will edit in a moment

Edited. Also, nice Italy avatar.))

Edited by shadow_claw

(sorry my internets been turned off. i just now have been able to get to somewhere with wifi.)

Phill knew the scientists were testing him. He tried to struggle and stop them but they kept strong grips on him. The other two looked at hector first and stopped knowing they really couldn't hurt him. They looked over at Mina and then back at her body guards "we are trying to test to see who phill is most loyal to. We are only going to inject her quickly to see his reactions to different people getting this injection." They lowered their voice so phill couldn't here "it will only make her imitate pain it will not actually hurt her in any way, he reacted most when we walked this way so it is either you or her that he wants to protect most. Phill was still growling but they wouldn't let him go knowing he will try and attack them. The scientists whispered again "so just let us past we want to find out if he is most protective of her,to see who he thinks would be the top people in his pack of friends. He had taken a liking to you guys from the start so you are his original pack. This way we can measure his empathy to his pack by bringing him back so he can see his pack being tested on and we can measure who he likes most to be the top of his pack." Phill bit the arm of one scientist holding him and got immediately hit making him growl. The scientist that had stepped forward took the syringe out and sighed "hector you have seen us do this before for the empathy test, this is just natural. will you just let us or do we have to get worse and actually inject something painful"

Elliot Positioned himself in front of Mina causally, "You shouldn't be so hard on Becky. She has saved us countless times", he said to her, "Sooooooooooo......after your eye surgery what are you doing?". He raised his spines on his back and hair to point straight out to protect them.

Hector shook his head, "With all due respect, We are all white listed because of our later tests", he said politely, You all know I would not normally intervene but she is having surgery later. You would want to make the higher up anger, do you?", he asked. He was irritated at Elliot's display of violence, it wouldn't solve anything.