JaylaCaine

Breed Life

((Alright, I'll remember that Jake is only one kind of smart))

Hector was growing uncomfortable with the increasing amount of experiments crowing into the small space in front of Lucian's cage. Hector collected his book and struggled to get up. After a few seconds of slow movement and using the wall as a brace, he was on his feet and towering over everyone. He immediately felt strange for taking up so much room, "I'm going to go somewhere quieter", he announced to anyone who was wondering, "Goodbye all. I'll see you at testing time", he said. He squeezed past the others, careful not to whack anyone with the chunks of armor all over his body. Hector lumbered down the hallway and went back to the first floor. He opened the door to his room and picked a random record from his crate. He slid the vinyl disk out of the tattered sleeve and put it on his beat up turntable. He gently dropped the stylus on the outer ring on the record. The soft crackle of the record soon filled his room and drifted into the hallway. The first track of "Tattoo You" by the Rolling Stones started and Hector turned the volume down to a comfortable level. He sat down on his bed. His room was simple. His turntable sat on his bedside table and his crate was under his bed. Every available surface was covered in stacks of books and loose papers. Most of which he had already read but kept around anyway. It was nice to have physical retentions of the knowledge he obtained since he got to the facility. It made the time feel like it was used well instead of wasted. He leaned against the wall and opened his textbook again.

"I did!" Shasta said to Andy, smiling. "Watched it on the telly..." He sounded extremely satisfied when he said this.

He slipped over to Phil's side, jabbing him in the chest with his elbow.

"Do you have a thing for Felicia? 'Cause, that's totally understandable." He said, wrapping an arm around him as they watched them walk off.

"But I called dibs.... Not really. But I just just did. Like, a few seconds ago. Not really."

Phill let out a soft playful growl but it had an undertown to it that sent a message of watch it. He was indeed developing a small crush n kitty and this guy was trying to use it to tease, not good when first meeting phill. He sighed moving shasta's hand off of him "so what if i do, joking about that to taunt me or try to joke doesn't really make it exactly want me to trust you. but called or not its not your choice which if either of us have a chance with her nor is it mine, it's hers. Calling dibs honestly is insulting in my eyes. " He punched shasta in the shoulder smirking as he went back to leaning on the cage. That's a good way to get yourself in trouble. Just get to know someone first before teasing, is that so hard, the only ones known to me are Lucian, kitty, Mina, and hector. I guess that's mostly because our rooms/cages are in close proximity to each others so they got to know each other quick but these other breeds, they are new, the least they could do is try and get to know someone first. He let out a soft laugh as he closed his eyes.

Edited by voltage

"Oh no, that's okay. Please don't trouble yourself." Felicia assured him was a cheerful smile. "I wouldn't want to get fur all over your chair." She joked as she leaned over to pick up the data. Some scientist she had worked with (more like they had worked on her), obviously thought the breeds were disgusting and were violating nature's law. It was understandable to some extent, but it wasn't like the breeds wanted to be the way they now were. However, if that argument was ever brought up, they would of course be on the losing side.

The cat breed would not push her luck. Being let into an office of one of the scientist was way better then the labs. Leaning against a wall, the cat breed begun to carefully check over the data. After awhile, she set the data down on the table and beamed at the scientist nervously. What if she had missed something? Well, she couldn't just pick the notes back up now...

"It looks all good. Is there anything else you need?" Felicia asked, Or can I go?

Edited by mipuppy1

Jake

Jake wrung his hands as Felicia went over the data, nervous that she'd find something wrong. If that happened, he'd be in deep trouble. So when she declared that there was no abnormalities, he released the breath he hadn't even known that he was holding in.

"Thank you very much miss Chantilly." Jake said. "That's everything that I need. Can I do anything for you in return?"

"If its not to much to ask, can I borrow a roll of tape? We ripped our cards and need to repair them." Felicia informed the scientist.

Jake

"Of course." Jake said, walking back behind his desk. "I know I have some here somewhere."

Jake ruffled through the contents of his desk, only stopping when he had nearly gotten to the last drawer.

"Here it is!" Jake said, holding the tape aloft in victory. "Here you go miss Chantilly. If there's ever anything else, just let me know."

Lucian just shook his head as Felicia left with the scientist, Hector left to go somewhere quiet, and then Phill and Shasta got into it. Shaking his head he then growled deep in his throat as he stood up showing that he was close to Phill's height but thanks to all the shots a bit broader. Flashing his teeth he then picked up his note book, ' Chill out. Phill leave the snake alone before you get bitten. The venom would make you sick and then Felicia will lecture you about it. Shasta leave the wolf alone before he rips you apart.'

"Thank you!" Felicia wrapped her hand around the roll of tape tugging it from the scientist's hand and smiling. "Thanks!" Taking the tape, she backed away and left the room, making her way back to Lucian's cage. She instantly saw Lucian's note, skimming it quickly.

"Guys, guys its okay! Don't fight, I got the tape." Felicia bounced up to the other breeds, waving the tape in the air.

Jake

"Okay... Bye." Jake said awkwardly to the now suddenly empty room as Felicia bolted out.

What to do now?

-----------------------

John

John took the note from the cat breed, and laughed after reading it.

"I have to say that I agree with Lucian." He said, handing the note to them. "I'd rather not be caught in the middle of a fight, and have to be dragged off to have to explain I was just passing through when you two started a fight about a girl."

Phill sighed as he relaxed against the cage "as long as i'm not touched in a hostile way or a way that makes me uncomfortable i don't react. I'm sorry but i don't like being touched by people i don't know that well." He handed kitty the cards as a smile crossed his face "here you go." He handed the notepad to Lucian "i agree lucian it is not the best thing to do i just felt a little threatened letting a snake free roam by my neck gave me a little bit of an urge to keep him off plus with what he was saying, i'm ok now though."

Felicia frowned, looking at the two boys. "What's going on?" She asked, then shook her head, her hand on her forehead. "Never mind. Shasta, don't pick on Phil ok? He's not able to take it." She joked, standing on the very tip of her toes and stretching her hand out, she lightly flicked the snake breed's forehead before turning to the wolf breed.

"Thanks, Phil." She smiled, taking the cards. Felicia placed the cards on the ground, spending more time then needed on lining up the cards perfectly before taping them. Upon finishing, she hopped up, waving the repaired cards, "Okay, who's up for Yuker?"

Edited by mipuppy1

Andy sighed, Shasta was probably the only one that noticed him, not that he didn't mind. He said goodbye and went back into his cell, settling with a nice book on his lap. He wish he wasn't a Breed, he wasn't accepted by scientists because he was one, but he wasn't accepted by Breeds because he was a scientist too, this made him depressed, as he continued reading his book.

Edited by BeardedKumquat

Phill waved to the person who was leaving, he wasn't sure twhat to think about the breed scientist. He smiled as kitty held up the cards "so we can finally play now? who still wants to play?" He looked at the others his carving was partially done starting to look like a cabin. He stood next to kitty asking her "do you know how to play the game at all? i have no clue"

Lucian smiled softly before nodding his head in that he still wished to play the game. Even if he had no idea how the game was played. He then looked over to Phill before he then tilted his head. Moving his notebook back he wrote down, ' You would think they would settle down in bringing in new breeds for a while. Let us get used to those here.' He then slid it back so that they could read it.

"Guys, I'm not a full snake. But I have been thinking about getting a snake tongue, ya' know, more snake-y that way." He said, running his black tongue over his shiny black fangs. "And actually, the victim experiences a tingling sensation in the mouth, double vision, tunnel vision, severe confusion, fever, excessive salivation, foaming through the mouth and nose, and pronounced ataxia. If the victim does not receive medical attention, symptoms rapidly progress to severe abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, pallor, shock, nephrotoxicity, cardio toxicity and paralysis. Eventually, the victim experiences convulsions, respiratory arrest, coma and then death. Without antivenin, the mortality rate is nearly 100%. And death can result at any time between 15 minutes and 3 hours." He said, listing them off his fingers. "But anyway, how do you play this game?"

"That's why cat's imitate a snake's sound when trying to scare off predators. Its also known as hissing." A voice suddenly spoke up. The owner of the voice was overwhelmingly pretty, like she could have been a model if it weren't for the cat ears and tails poking out of her. Her chestnut hair was tied in a simple messy bun, and the way she dressed showed quite a bit of skin.

"Mornin' guys." Misty yawned into her hand, leaning casually against the wall.

"Misty, its noon now." Felicia corrected her older sister before bouncing over to give her a hug.

Misty was, a touch-me-not (unless she was the one doing the touching), unlike her cuddle-bug sibling, but when it came to her younger sister, she just melted. She wrapped her arms lightly around her sister for a second, then gently nudged her away, turning to Lucian.

"And good afternoon to you, sir." She jokingly addressed him as 'sir' though they went quite a while back, a mischievous smile played on her lips as she seductively stalked towards his cage.

"What did you do now Luc?"

Edited by mipuppy1

Phill smirked at the snake guy, who was going on about the symptoms. He sighed "15 minutes for a wolf to get a bite onto a snakes neck, the canines on me are like that of a wolf and even with double vision my sense of smell could find a snake. seemingly a snake and a wolf would end up killing each other." He was curious about the new arrival that walked up but soon realized it was misty, he hadn't ever met her but heard about her before. Smiling he shook his head "so this is the allusive sister of yours kitty?"

(Techno can you PM me your form so I can put it with the others?)

Lucian looked up when a familiar scent hit him. Grinning at Misty he then tilted his head as he wrote in the notebook. ' They pumped me full of hormones and then some toe rag guard decided to pick a fight. I won, he got sent to the infirmary, I got more tests, and then stuck in here for forty eight hours. They should let me out when lunch comes.' He then moved the notebook through the slot so that she could read what he had written before he then tilted his head as he looked to her.

"To what do we owe the pleasure of finally meeting you? Felicia speaks highly of you." Shasta said. "And actually, once you were poisoned you wouldn't be able to grab me." He said to Phill.

John

"I think that I'll get out of here before you two start a fight." John joked at Shasta and Phil. "I'm too tired to deal with something like that.

"I'll see you some other time then guys."

With that said, John made his way back out of the small croud towards his quarters just a little ways off.

Misty

"Who's he? And why is he calling you pet names? I thought you were my Marshmallow." Misty joked to her younger sister, casting Phil a sarcastic serious glance and then laughed, shoving him playfully, "Seriously, though. Stay away from my sister." "I know where you live."

Her eye caught the notebook sliding out and she quickly picked it up. After her green eyes did a quick scan of the words, she looked back up to Lucian. "Who is he?" She asked, eyes turning cold. Misty had a... Hobby. Using her beauty, she could easily seduce a scientist or a female scientist's special someone. Once they were head over heels with her, she could easily make the scientist slowly ruin their reputation. You know what they say, Reputation: A life time to build. Seconds to lose. It was so funny to see what men did in the name of 'love.' Ha. Breaking their hearts was the best part of course, the looks on their faces. A taste of their own medicine if you will. The breeds had lost everything as well thanks to those scientist.

Of course it was only people who were bugging close friends of her's got that special treatment. Not to mention that she didn't try to do it to often, some of the more temperamental scientist would try to get a hold on her, one time she was nearly tested to death. Those faint scars on her back was the only form of imperfection on her now.

"As for what brought me here? Hunger. When's lunch?" She turned to Shasta with a smile.

Felicia

"Guys please don't fight, this is pointless." Felicia pleaded, looking at the two breeds. "If your fighting or something like food or a brush, you can have mine. Just stop fighting, okay?"

Edited by mipuppy1

Lucian looked to her before he then moved his hand through the slot and grabbed her arm. Trying to comfort her the best that he could while on this side of the glass and while he was silent. Looking up into her face he then smiled softly glad that she would do this, but he didn't want her tested on as badly as he had been.

Jake

After regaining himself from the breed's abrupt departure, Jake walked over to his desk and sat in the seat behind the piles of paperwork. Wanting to procrastinate on some of the reports, the scientist looked over some of his projects in the hopes of finding any that he could test so he could do that instead. Only problem with that, was that he would need volunteers, as he was not exactly allowed to test them himself. He was only allowed a standard pistol, and that was only for emergencies. Jake never really liked to wear it around though, as he thought it was unnecessary, and just provoked those in this place. With a sigh, Jake looked over the list of people who had proper clearance to conduct these tests for him. All the guards were able to, but they all refused because apparently they thought his work was 'dangerous.' Yea right. Only if they shot a railgun through a wall instead of the supplied target. Stupid guards. Once incident that wasn't even his fault, and more than half your volunteers leave you high and dry. Luckily, some people like John were kind enough to continue aiding in his work. Transferring the data of his finished projects to his datapad, Jake got up once more from his chair to go in search of anyone who would help.

((OOC: There's not much for my characters to do... sad.gif ))

Misty rolled her eyes at Lucian, putting her hand on his arm before speaking up, "It's okay Lucian, geez. I'm a big girl, those little boys in white dresses can't hurt me. Beside, real men wear pants. Everyone knows that." That comment was followed by another eye roll.