JaylaCaine

Breed Life

Phill had walked away from the group. He was always in danger or getting others in danger. He knew he had to change as much as he could to help people. He banged his head on the wall frustrated, as he kept his head there thinking he realized he had just banged on a door to someone's room. He heard someone drop to the floor and grew curious as he didn't know of any other breeds that could fall like that, it sounded like someone fell off the ceiling. He was a little freaked out unsure if maybe it was a spider breed, he was a little afraid of spiders but to too much. He knocked and waited "hello? Is this Mina's room? Or are you new here since I've only met one person that can fall that far and be ok, you are ok aren't you?"

((Soz, I haven't been active in the past week or so.))

Mia answered cautiously. "I'm new," she called out. "My name is Mia. And I'm fine... In a manner of speaking... Just bored. Yeah, just bored." She sat on the floor, heavily. "Who are you?"

((Oh, sorry, didn't see it.))

Andy turned towards Mina, he was a little startled, he had been alone for only one second, and suddenly she appeared. "Oh hey! Um, right... I'm just getting adjusted here, it's pretty hard for me ya know? Say, what do other... breeds like us do?" He felt a sign of happiness, that he could finally be part of something. The he turned to the man, "Nah, it's alright, I'm used to it, you know, that was the last thing my ex-wife called me when I was still human." Andy smiled nervously, right, his ex-wife, he was glad he was away from her.

Edited by BeardedKumquat

Phill smiled as he checked the door to see if it was locked. He smiled softly and chuckles, "I'm bored as well want to go outside maybe play a little?" He looked around as he spoke again "your allowed outside right?"

((Yay! I'm being included!))

"It still doesn't really justify it." Jake mumbled under his breath.

He just hated people to tried to put each other down.

"In any case, I don't think that you guys are freaks. If anything, what you have should be seen as a blessing since you can do more than any other human could. I respect that, and I respect your courage for entering this program as well."

A wide grin appeared on Mina's face. It was the first time he'd actually responded nicely to her. That was exciting for her. "Not much out of the ordinary, actually. We can do anything we really want unless it involves leaving the premises." she answered. Her brown gaze flickered to Jake as he spoke. Her feathers ruffled slightly at him. "I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I had a husband and two dogs and a social life. Everyone but Becky thinks I'm dead now." Her voice grew soft wih pain as she admitted this. People didn't realize how much had been taken from the Breeds. "I used to be happy. Now I'm here."

"Thanks Jake." Andy said, he immediately liked the kind man, he turned to Mina, "Hey, I understand, I still have my mother and my baby son, all we can do is enjoy life, now, what were you guys doing before?" He felt like being social, he was tired of being alone with his chemicals and books.

"Oh. I uh... I'm sorry. I didn't know." Jake said awkwardly. "I didn't mean... I... Sorry."

Jake had no idea that so much had been taken away from these people. What has been happening to them just was't right. He thought this program was already immoral because of how they were treated, but now? This was not right at all.

((My posts keep dissappearing >.<))

Mia smiled and opened the door, feathers receding quickly. "I'm not sure if I'm allowed outside," she answered, "But I'm not staying in there all day!"

Phill smiled and nodded slowly. He looked over and outside "you want to go outside? I'm sure they will let you. Come on,lets go then." He slowly walks towards the door smirking "it's fun outside"

Mina's wings drooped as she grew disheartened by her past. She soon turned her head away from the two men. Painful thoughts and memories surfaced, making her slowly sink to her knees. Fat, warm tears welled in her eyes and slid down her face. "I said I would be back in no time. To keep the door unlocked for me..." Alice murmured. That was her real name. All the pain and misery of being a caged animal couldn't be hid behind a false name.

Lucian sighed as he watched the drama finally begin to end. He then looked as he noticed one of the nurses there and with a wave began to move towards her. Knowing that it was time to get the shot that would help him get his voice again. Once in the testing room that he usually dreaded he was glad now that he was in there now for something so minor. Sitting on the stool since in his new body he was taller then most of the assistants.

Looking to her he watched the woman move around before pulling out the syringe. Shuddering slightly he then watched as she attached the needle before filling it. After a bit he then tilted his head back and just tensed a bit when he felt the needle go into his neck. Feeling the liquid go down his throat he sighed as he felt something relax. Once the needle was out he then tilted his head forward before rubbing his neck a bit.

Jake opened his mouth to speak, to comfort Mina, but no sound came. The scientist nervously placed a gentle hand on her shoulder and gave it a little squeeze.

"I... I promise that I'll try to... To..." Jake said, finally finding his voice, but not quite sure what he should say. "I promise that I'll do anything that I possibly can for you. For any of you. No one should have to go through that."

Hopefully that was able to comfort her some. Jake was never much of a social person, he was more science oriented and that never realy earned him many friends. This was taking whatever little social skills he had.

"If you ever need anything, just ask. I'll always do my best to help."

"Hey, Mina." Andy said. "It's all right, everything is going to be fine, just hope for the best." He smiled softly, "I'm sure we'll be reverted back." This was a lie, he used to be a scientist, and he knew that it was almost impossible to change them back, but he needed to comfort her.

"Thanks Jake," he turned to the man, "I'll come to you when I need it."

"It's all right, do you want to go for a walk?" Andy murmured to Mina. "You'll feel better."

The powerful wings attached to her back suddenly snapped open to shove both men away. Mina spun her head around to glare at the two, tears still streaming down her face. "Shut up!" she shrieked. The high-pitched edge to her voice had to have been a result of her mutations. It wasn't human, that was for sure. "You both know nothing about what we've been through! The both of you have had it easy! If you think what you've seen is wrong, you've seen nothing." As soon as she spoke did she deflate back into her dejected posture. "I'm just...so tired of all this..."

Jake was flown back onto the ground by the force of Mina's wings, his glasses falling from his face and clattering across the floor as he fell. He looked up at the blur that he could identify because of the large blurs extending from the figure's back.

"Mina, I never said that I understood, and you are right, I probably never will." Jake said as he squinted at her figure. "What I am saying is that I'll do anything that I possibly can to help you with anything you might need. I'm trying to be a friend to you right now, not a scientist."

"Anything I...need?" Mina repeated softly. She slowly turned her body so she was facing Jake. There was a long pause of silence as she stared at the scientist. "I need...out. I-I know I can't go home, but...I can't stay here any longer..." The breed rose to her feet and walked gorward, carefully unfolding her wings. She brushed her primary feathers gently across Jake's face. It was her own from of an apology. "I'm...Sorry for hitting you."

Jake placed a hand on her wing, and looked up into her face (or at least where he thought her face was), giving her a look that said that he'd try find a way. It wasn't something he could really say aloud.

"Don't worry about that. You were upset, and rightly so." He said. "Can you help me find my glasses though?"

Phill cringed as even as far away as he was he heard Minas screatch and felt the pain behind it. He held his hands over his ears and whimpered at not only the high. Pitched scream but the pain behind it. He stood up walking to Mina's door slipping a note under it for when she can get to it. He looked down and sighed hoping she wasn't mad at him and hoping she didn't tell anyone. The note said "Mina I have been trying to get out and I can't take many with me I want to at least take you hector and Lucian but bringing that many people at one time will be suspicious. I have started digging a tunnel in a cave that they don't bother with. It will take me at least 3 more days to get it big enough for us to fit and long enough to get us away from them far enough that we would have a good chance of escape. It may be up to 10 days for me to make enough break offs so that they can't follow through them. If you want to be a part of this either write me back or find and talk to me." He slipped it in close to her bed hoping she would find it and not a scientist. He wales back to door outside and leaned against it.

"Right." Andy murmured. "I don't know anything. I have a baby son that I love, and I don't get anything." He could feel his anger coming back, what was him name? Casey? Yes, Casey was coming back, but he shook him out.

Edited by BeardedKumquat