JaylaCaine

Breed Life

Lucian grinned as he turned his hand to lock his fingers with her own and squeezed playfully. He then gave a silent laugh at her comment before he looked to the side. Seeing the person that brought the lunch trays he gave a pleased sigh as the buttons were pushed that moved the class up just leaving the bars, and then the door being unlocked. Letting go of Misty's arm he moved through the door with a stretch before he moved to wrap his arm around Misty. He then took the notebook, ' I wear pants so does that make me a real man?' He then nuzzled her jaw before taking his lunch tray. Not minding that it wasn't the best seeing as this was his last meal on punishment.

Phill looked Misty over and chuckled slightly "you have quite the Reputation from what i have heard misty and i am sorry if i upset you but kitty just sounds so appropriate and i have known her for a long time, felicia sounds like what i would call her if i had just met her or wanted to be informal with her. Kitty seems more friendly like i would call someone i've known for a long time, which is why i decided on using that as her nickname, if that is ok with her, is it felicia?" He had turned to her and chuckled softly as he heard her offer her stuff "i'm not fighting him anymore, i was explaining my side, its not over anything material that would be stupid even though i don't have a tooth brush. Anyways you don't mind being called kitty do you? i don't want to upset you" He looked down Why hadn't i thought about asking her before, what if i have been offending her the whole time, i'm acting so stupid lately He saw the lunch trays arriving and took his sitting next to where kitty was hoping that he could possibly start a conversation with her to help get past his own inner awkwardness.

Edited by voltage

Misty

"Yes, your the manliest of all men." Misty laughed, amused as she took her tray. If any other guy had touched her like Lucian had, saved for any of her current victims, the cat girl would have knocked them into next week. Sitting down next to the lion breed, Misty begun to eat her food, even managing to look graceful while doing so.

Felicia

"Oh no it's fine Phil, your being silly. It's no big deal." Felicia laughed, seeing the wolf breed all fed up. He'd been calling her Kitty for awhile now, what the point in being all apologetic and sorry now? And honestly it really was no deal. A name was just a title after all. It didn't define who you were or something that big.

As the trays of lunch arrived, the cat breed accepted her tray with a bright smile and cheerful "Thank you!"

She earned a reluctant smile and a gruff "Your welcome."

Edited by mipuppy1

Lucian grinned before playfully puffing up his chest before he then began to eat his meal slowly. Squeezing her side gently before moving his arm back so that they were both comfortable enough to eat in peace. Watching Felcia and Phill flirting around. Moving his notebook he wrote, ' Felicia is going to sink her claws into him and not let go.' He then lifted it up so that only Misty could read it.

Phill smirked at Kitty,he was glad that she didn't mind him calling her kitty, he just had started calling her that one day and she didnt correct him or tell him not too so he continued. She was cuddly and lovable a lot yet she could change and strike at a moments notice if provoked just like a cat. He enjoyed her bright outlook, kept him from being too rough at times. He started eating his lunch after mumbling thanks to the person who gave them food happy that he was able to eat and that they were at least humane enough to allow the breeds decent food. He looked over at kitty before shyly looking back at his plate whispering so only kitty could hear "did your sister threaten me earlier or was that playfulness, honestly i don't know her that well and i'm a little worried."

Edited by voltage

Shasta smiled, an idea happening upon him. He was suddenly holding Kitty in his arms in a dip as if they had just finished dancing.

"Felicia, darling" He began with a fake British accent. "Would you do me the honor of a date?" he continued, setting her on her feet and kneeling as if he was proposing.

"you are just asking for me to rip those fangs out of your head aren't you. you know for a fact that i like her and so your doing this just because of it, i mean you haven't even been here that long." Phill stood growling almost inaudibly as he looked down at the snake his canines showing as he was ready to bite shasta's neck and get rid of him.He sighed as he realized it wasn't the best idea and just sat down a few feet away knowing that if he lost her to someone who just came in not too long ago that she had probably been bitten by him or something.

Shasta grinned over at Phill.

"Well, Phill. I do know you like her, though it's obviously not that much because you've been here much longer than I have, and known her longer than I have, and still haven't asked her out. Frankly, that's an insult to her and I refuse to allow it to continue." He said. He looked back over to Felicia and asked, "So whaddaya say? Preferably; yes."

(Everyone got lunch, now Shasta and Phil are fighting over Felicia.)

Misty

Misty's eyes narrowed as she read Lucian's newest note. "What?" She asked, glaring at it as if it were the devil himself. She turned her glare to Phil, just as Felicia was swept off her feet by the snake breed.

Felicia

"Huh? Oh, Misty doesn't really like boys. She says love is cliché." Felicia answered the wolf breed. She raised her spoon to her mouth, the spoon full of rice barely touching her lips before she was scooped up, the spoon sent flying away in surprise.

"Shasta what are you-" The small cat breed started, but was interrupted by the snake breed kneeing down and 'proposing.' Laughing and getting his game, she daintily placed out her hand, batting her eye lashes rapidly and raising her voice to a high pitch.

"Oh course I will, where to? The gardens?" She glanced over at Phil as the wolf breed spoke up.

"Wait, whats going on? Phil you like me?" Felicia asked confused, she turned at Shasta, blinking, trying to process what was going on."

Edited by mipuppy1

Phill sighed as he went over and put his hand on her shoulder "yes, i have always liked you but i have just been too shy to ask you to be my girl friend, i was afraid that you would say no. Once shasta found out that i like you he put on this whole thing saying that since i didnt ask, that i was afraid now he is asking you to be his girl friend" Phill was sad she had said yes but also sure that she thought it was some sort of act or something. He looked down at her and gave her a nice hug "i would love to be your boy friend if you would have me, im sorry i didn't ask sooner."

Edited by voltage

Shasta frowned. "Woah, dude. Not cool." He said, shaking his head and crossing his arms. Now that was just plain censorkip.gify. Did this guy know it was completely wrong to do what he just did? He rolled his eyes so far they might have gotten stuck in his skull. You don't go confess your lovey-dovey feelings to a girl right after another guy asked her out. She'd already agreed to go on a date with the first guy, so now she feels guilty about it. So she either ditches the first guy and feels terrible about that, or ditches the second guy and feels terrible about it. Not only is it rude to the first guy, but it's being a total *** to everybody.

"You know, I just asked her out, like, five seconds ago, right? And that she said yes." He reminded.

Phill shook his head "neither is asking out someones crush, especially when they were going to ask them out. I was gonna ask her after lunch but here you are asking her out." Phill stood up and walked to the cage leaning against it. He looked at kitty and slowly shook his head. this guy was being an *** ignoring other peoples feelings and exploiting them. Phill just sat down closing his eyes ignoring everyone, he had admitted his feelings that's all he wanted to do. He was sad that she had said yes to someone already but he had to let her know how he felt, he just wanted to know someone would be there for him and someone he could care for and love but kitty was the only one he had a crush on. *** snake i cant even do anything...

Lucian nodded his head to Misty's comment before he saw the drama of the wolf and snake breed unfold. Shaking his head he then wrote on the notebook, 'Now there is both a snake and a wolf going after your sister.' He then sighed as he watched the two before looking back to her, ' Wanna step in before they are at each other? It'd be awful to have the scientists step in to deal with it.'

Felicia

"Phil, I did like you. Once. But now I only see you as I friend, I'm sorry. I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship, I'm really-" Felicia started, meaning to apologize to him, but Shasta stared to taunt him. Phil responded back, not to kindly before going and leaning towards Lucian's cage. The cat breed opened her mouth to ask if this was really about her, or if being cooped in here was making them restless for some action. Before she could however, her sister stepped in.

"Okay, no one is dating my sister. I think the boys should go back to their rooms and clear their heads for a bit." Misty snapped, wrapping her hand around her younger sister's arm protectively.

Phill continued to lean back against lucians cage as he looked over at misty "i think i'd rather not go back to my room, i just got out of it not too long ago besides im not a threat im just a friend anyways. im going outside if anyone wants to talk to me." He could tell kitty was probably confused and it hurt him to see that, he walked past everyone and went to the out doors area that the breeds were allowed in. As he walked by he whispered "sorry kitty sorry misty i didn't mean for this to happen." Once outside He lied down in the shade carving random shapes into the tree. He didn't know what to do he was always nice yet it always seemed he was taken advantage of for it, mostly from the scientist but now this snake breed.

Elliot knocked loudly on Hector's door by giving it three swift kicks. Hector jumped slightly and looked over his book at the man. Elliot stood there with two plates of food in his hands and a toothy grin, "Up n' a'dem Big Guy. Foods here", he chimed.

"I was feeling a bit peckish. Thank you Elliot", he Hector said, rising from his bed and setting his book aside, "But whats the occasion? You usually aren't this nice to...well, anyone".

"Come on Hector. Who could have the heart to be mean to you?"

Hector only shrugged and took the plate from Elliot. They both knew it was becasue they canceled each other out. Physically and personality wise. Elliot's quills could not pierce Hector's armor and Hector would never hurt Elliot. They had a unspoken truce between them.

They walked in thoughtful silence to the end of the hallway. Hector pondering the wonders of life. Elliot's mind wander the the missing top button on one of the passing nurses. Elliot bounced ahead as the descended deeper into the earth to the lower levels of the facility. Elliot kicked the door open with unnecessary force and caused it to slam into the wall. The bang echoed down the hallway and caused Hector to jump slightly. Elliot was peacocking again. It wasn't his fault really. The experiments done to him gave him the instincts of his animal and made him want to look threatening to others to make up for his size. most of the other male experiments reacted to the genes by hitting a massive growth spurt. Elliot didn't grow an inch and stayed at about five foot ten. It didn't bother him too much though. His shoulder spines raked the floor behind him like a cape. He smiled at the other breeds as he grew closer, "Hello all What going-", he was cut off as Phill stormed off to go sulk, "Whats his problem?" He asked, watching him leave the level. Hector arrived shortly after, pausing to watch the wolf breed leave. HE bit his lip. Maybe he should go talk to him.

Phill was unsure with what was going on with the other breeds and he was a little worried scientists were going to experiment on them soon. He couldn't really climb but he knew about a cave that was nearby. He walked into the cave and growled loudly so that anything that was in the cave wouldn't bother him. Very few people knew about the cave Mina Lucian both knew but also Hector and misty might know because they were all in here around the same amount of time as phill if not longer. Hector seemed to be confused when he walked passed him but he was sure that someone would probably fill him in. Darker places always made phill feel safer, he could easily surprise people who were looking to hurt him from the dark. people who have been here long enough to see him outside when they needed experiments done knew that.He lied against the stone wall of the cave looking out at the forest.

Namina wasn't allowed to eat for the day. She was having an operation later, so any food would probably just make her sick after waking up. There was a bang of a door hitting the wall which made her stop sulking about the lack of food and stand up. She began to walk toward the hall, knowing it was probably another breed. Upon realizing who it was, her feathers ruffled. Elliot was a pain in the ass on his good days. They had butted heads in the past, since the both of them were cocky and known to piss people off. Hector was usually the one who defused their quarrels. "How am I surprised...?" Mina muttered to herself, face-palming at the sight of the purple-haired man and his companion. Looking back up, the Breed sighed. She subconsciously pulled her tank top up to reduce the amount of chest showing. Mina fluffed her feathers up and opened her wings slightly. It made her look bigger, although the added illusion of height wasn't needed. It was irritating to be at eye level with Hector of all people.

With a groan Raven sat up slowly. The white walls stared back at her, giving no sign of remorse for being to dull and boring. Solitude, again. She'd bit one of the doctors while they had been administrating a shot. She felt not in the least regretful of her choice. It may have landed her three days with only water, in a solid white room, with nothing but herself for entertainment, yet seeing that look of pure, undaturated fear on their face was enough to leave her feeling giddy, even in the face of the repercussions.

Yet it was not an unusual thing, her being constantly thrown into The Cell as she called it. However, in her long periods of solitude, she had learned the extent of her powers. With her wolf ears, she could pick up on the happenings outside. When she was a little younger and still naïve to the fact that hurting herself wouldn't help anything, she learned that she could regenerate faster than she supposed a human could. After biting herself, and seeing it fully healed a few days later, she would see the doctor she'd bit several days before, still bearing her trademark of a ring of teeth marks on their arm, red and fleshy.

Once again left to count the thirty-two cracks amongst the walls of the room, she launched herself into her thoughts, speculating on different things, and making different calculations of possible escape. How odd it was that there have been attempts (she at one point being one of them), and no success? Did they withhold that kind of information to squash hopes? Somewhere inside her, she made an unchangable decision that she would escape. Some way or another. There was patterns in the appearance of guards, and other staff. They may try have tried to keep it seemingly random, yet with nothing better to do, Raven had calculated their patterns of rounds and shifts. She knew where everyone was going to be (more or less, and only on her side of the lab). With that vital info, she continuously ran scenarios through her head. All had resulted in failure. If she was ever going to try, she would need more outside help.

The bang at the door made her jump, and she was on her feet in seconds. A smug face appeared in the small window. A low snarl rumbled from her throat. There was always one guard that took particular joy in making her life a living hell. And that would include withholding water, food, and constantly purposely making his radio create the high pitched whine of feedback around her, sending her nearly crippling to the ground. "Ey, it's drink'in time li'le lady." He spoke without an Americam accent, like the other staff here, and instead with a Brittish accent. He tossed a bottle of water in. Raven often mimicked his accent just to annoy him. "Why thank you, censorkip.gif 'ead." Pleased with herself, she picked the water bottle up and wandered back to the center of the room.

Elliot crossed his legs and sat down in the middle of the hallway, his spine cape flowed behind him. Its swirling patterns stood out against the eggshell colored floor. He stabbed at his food on his plate and shoveled it into his mouth, 'So whats on everyone's agenda today? And wild escape scenarios?", he asked with a chuckle. Some of the experiments were always thinking of ways to slip past the guards and run off. Elliot found himself imagining the same thing but never with any seriousness. He did chose to be here after all.

Hector carefully sat down the floor next to Mina. He sighed as he got settled into place before he was comfortable enough to pick his plate of food off the floor next to him. He noticed the owl breed tense when Elliot entered the area, "He isn't that bad", he muttered in his deep voice, "He is just a bit...unruly". He fell silent and listened to the others talk for a few minutes.

Phill walked to his room and grabbed his katana, even though the scientist had tied it shut and made it so he couldn't open it they let him keep it for sentimental value. He walked back to the cave setting the blade behind a rock. He knew the scientists probably knew about the cave but he didn't care. He knew Rebecca was nearby and has stopped him from escaping before but that was different, not as well planned. He started using his claws to dig his own tunnel, he would be able to bring one other person without attracting too much attention but first he was gonna need time to dig far enough away to have a good start on any scientist. He just hoped no scientists would decide to check on him.

With a small sigh, Mina settled down beside Hector. She wrapped her wings around herself and leaned her head back against the wall. "I know. He's just...him, I guess." She replied to the large man to her left. Her plumage only settled down somewhat, proving something else happened to be bothering her. "What are they going to do to you guys today? I've got another eyes 'exam'. They aren't letting me eat today because of last time." Her last operation hadn't gone so great. The surgery part was fine, but Mina had lost her lunch halfway through and nearly choked on her own vomit. Not to mention that the administered drugs had made her sick for the rest of the day. Lowering her gaze, she watched as Elliot wolfed down his meal. "Anybody try to out-man you yet? I would, but that wouldn't be too ladylike." Namina ended up laughing at her own statement. She was pretty far from ladylike. Be it the random make-out sessions or her usually vulgar word choice, manners weren't exactly important to her.

Hector wasn't sure why he was defending Elliot. He really was, for a lack for better words, a dick, but it was in Hector's nature to see the good in everyone. Elliot had a pretty complex view on life that Hector enjoyed talking about with him. Despite his harsh attitude and rude demeanor, Elliot was just like the rest of them, at the mercy of a bunch of scientists and a handful of a few higher ups that no one ever talks about. Hector leaned his head back and let a breath threw his nose. He forgot that they had tests today, "Uhhhhhh", he said in a string of audible uncertainty, "I think it's just blood work. They are just trying to figure out why I have stopped aging", he said. The scientists had difficulty operating on him since his plates can't be cut without the wasted hours with a electric bone saw. He didn't mind the tests really. It was just an hour with a needle in his arm. HE usually lost himself in a good work of philosophy and the hours just flew by. He felt the other experiments tended to subconsciously resent him for the way the scientists treat him. It wasn't his fault that he created a specimen that protects himself from their experiments. He patted Alice on the knee gently, "The operation will be over before you know it", he said with a smile, "Just hang in there".

Elliot scooted himself across the floor awkwardly until he arrived in front of Hector and Mina, "Did someone say something about tests?", he asked, clearly already knowing that's what they were talking about, "The Shrink is just gonna talk to me about how the fishy genes are effecting my personality.", he said with a shrug. His face lit up suddenly when he remembered something else that was scheduled for later that day, "Oh and they are going to try to weaponize my nerotoxin so that should be exciting.", he said with a shrug. He knew that would involve a lot of tubing and painful suction but it was alright. He would get retribution eventually for his pain. Right?

"Fun." The tall woman remarked. Her feathers shuddered, and then settled back into their usual positions. Today wouldn't be all that bad, would it? Surely not worse than last time. "Rebecca's going to insist on hovering around me afterwards. If it was anything like last time, I'll be blind for like, two weeks." Freaking Rebecca. She never knew when to mind her own business! Sure, stumbling around blindly wasn't fun, but Mina preferred a few bruises over having Rebecca following her around. Stretching both wings out, she settled them around the two men. It made her feel safer if there was a visual shield to any passerby. In this case, that shield was her wings.

"Either of you feel like being my seeing-eye-dog so Becky will get off my ass?" Mina trusted Hector, but Elliot...Elliot would probably try to set her hair on fire or something. He just had that sort of personality. "They think they can up my night-vision. Frankly, I'd just like some flight lessons. 'Course, that isn't going to happen anytime soon." Stretching both legs out, the Breed rolled up one of her pant legs. For the past several weeks, large feathers had sprouted below the back of her knees. They were soft and fuzzy, like downy feathers. Supposedly it was to replace tail-feathers and instill some control over her flight. But, that was pretty damn useless if all she could do was glide. "Hm..." Stretching her left leg out again, Mina seemed satisfied as the set of feathers on the back of that leg snapped open. It reminded her of tail-feathers. Sorta. "They're new. That's why they're so fluffy." The Owl Breed plucked one of the large, soft feathers from where it grew in and spun it between her thumb and index finger. "Like a baby bird's feathers. The real ones'll grow in soon enough."

Edited by shadow_claw