The Holly Contest

Holly Contest 2014

Updated--

Contest is over! Added and updated totals.

Lavaedra: Certainly, there's no restriction on who can join the contest (besides total checkers.)

mysterrie and plumeriarose: Haha, I see our behind-the-scenes collectors are back with a vengeance! Those are some impressive totals, once again.

morningglory17: We won't be announcing the breed for next year until the contest starts. wink.gif

Also added the donation from FyoraSilverwolf which we apparently missed the first time around. Thank you, and sorry about that!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HC14 End of Collection Period

Now the total checking begins. The next update will have the announcement of the winners.

Remember that reporting your totals here in the thread is completely optional. We will arrive at the correct totals for everyone regardless.

As for unconfirmed donations, they will be listed until the end of total checking, to match last year's contest.

Finally, there are a few competitors who are missing information, and will receive a PM from us shortly.

Update by Pteprocks

Edited by The Holly Contest

HOLLY WINNERS:

1. mysterrie: 1,934

2. plumeriarose: 1,896

3. Mycatranch: 1,243

4. Sir Barton: 1,115

5. InugamiZERO: 1,070

6. daba555: 846

7. Woof123Albinos: 817

8. gilraen: 725

9. Angel of the Inferno: 694

10. owned by toys: 534

11. StarGirl17: 439

12. sorenna: 435

13. circeramone: 392

14. PiccoloRose: 378

15. FyoraSilverwolf: 372

16. titanium: 351

17. AtlanaSabelle: 337

18. shellbell: 334

19. Deranged Pegasus: 263

20. Ioma: 250

21. negloves: 220

22. Angel_Princess: 216

23. Firstborn Dragon: 214

24. Husker: 212

25. banban007: 206

26. ahreada: 201

27. The Dragon Keeper: 197

28. dragonchic: 196

29. amthystfire: 191

30. Deinosaur: 176

31. nocturnalbunny: 174

32. Puppyloverdog10000: 172

33. Omosky: 160

34. Kurei Chitsu: 156

35. tjsweepers: 155

36. AquaBlueRain: 149

37. Azhure: 145

38. Tiga: 143

39. dragonstar32: 125

40. Wahya: 119

41. SMence: 111

Congratulations!

Regarding Runner-Up Prizes

This year we will be trying another new method of Runner-Up prize distribution, and this time this means I cannot announce how many Runner-Up winners we will have yet. However, here are the top sixteen collectors among non-Holly-winners:

42. StarLaDragon: 109

43. hmarjolijn: 101

44 and 45. RecycledHeart and Skyal: 94 (tied)

46. warriorjames: 87

47. lionpriestess: 85

48. Raven13dragon: 74

49. Rina: 73

50. Firedda: 67

51. Glyndlamir: 62

52. Jumbofluff: 55

53 and 54. iSammiSam and yaquiidru: 53 (tied)

55 and 56. _smoczyca_ and Rhaegal3370: 52 (tied)

57. Oasis: 50

Some or all of them will receive prizes. It should also be noted that there is a possibility of:

1. A Holly winner opting for a Runner-Up prize instead

2. A Holly winner being inactive

3. A late donation confirmation

4. A last-minute donation

In which case some of these winners may receive Hollies as well.

While we can't make any definite statements on the number of runner-up winners yet, all who wish to donate runner-up prizes should PM us by December 26.

For more information on the confirmed totals and verification process, here is the spreadsheet we used: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fQD...dit?usp=sharing

All the winners and donators will be hearing from us soon. Thank you everyone for participating! In all, the competitors this year collected 19,966 Purple Dorsals!

Also, as a side-note, Wiz's banner had to be moved to a new image URL (I blame TinyPic) so make sure to update your signature if you were using it. smile.gif

Update: Last minute donation from ainisarie has upgraded Wahya and SMence to the list of Holly Winners! Thank you!

Edited by The Holly Contest

HOLLY WINNERS:

1. mysterrie: 1,934

2. plumeriarose: 1,896

3. Mycatranch: 1,243

4. Sir Barton: 1,115

5. InugamiZERO: 1,070

6. daba555: 846

7. Woof123Albinos: 817

8. gilraen: 725

9. Angel of the Inferno: 694

10. owned by toys: 534

11. StarGirl17: 439

12. sorenna: 435

13. circeramone: 392

14. PiccoloRose: 378

15. FyoraSilverwolf: 372

16. titanium: 351

17. AtlanaSabelle: 337

18. shellbell: 334

19. Deranged Pegasus: 263

20. Ioma: 250

21. negloves: 220

22. Angel_Princess: 216

23. Firstborn Dragon: 214

24. Husker: 212

25. banban007: 206

26. ahreada: 201

27. The Dragon Keeper: 197

28. dragonchic: 196

29. amthystfire: 191

30. Deinosaur: 176

31. nocturnalbunny: 174

32. Puppyloverdog10000: 172

33. Omosky: 160

34. Kurei Chitsu: 156

35. tjsweepers: 155

36. AquaBlueRain: 149

37. Azhure: 145

38. Tiga: 143

39. dragonstar32: 125

Congratulations!

Regarding Runner-Up Prizes

This year we will be trying another new method of Runner-Up prize distribution, and this time this means I cannot announce how many Runner-Up winners we will have yet. However, here are the top eighteen collectors among non-Holly-winners:

40. Wahya: 119

41. SMence: 111

42. StarLaDragon: 109

43. hmarjolijn: 101

44 and 45. RecycledHeart and Skyal: 94 (tied)

46. warriorjames: 87

47. lionpriestess: 85

48. Raven13dragon: 74

49. Rina: 73

50. Firedda: 67

51. Glyndlamir: 62

52. Jumbofluff: 55

53 and 54. iSammiSam and yaquiidru: 53 (tied)

55 and 56. _smoczyca_ and Rhaegal3370: 52 (tied)

57. Oasis: 50

Some or all of them will receive prizes. It should also be noted that there is a possibility of:

1. A Holly winner opting for a Runner-Up prize instead

2. A Holly winner being inactive

3. A late donation confirmation

4. A last-minute donation

In which case some of these winners may receive Hollies as well.

While we can't make any definite statements on the number of runner-up winners yet, all who wish to donate runner-up prizes should PM us by December 26.

For more information on the confirmed totals and verification process, here is the spreadsheet we used: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fQD...dit?usp=sharing

All the winners and donators will be hearing from us soon. Thank you everyone for participating! In all, the competitors this year collected 19,966 Purple Dorsals!

Also, as a side-note, Wiz's banner had to be moved to a new image URL (I blame TinyPic) so make sure to update your signature if you were using it. smile.gif

ohmy.gif Wow! I've been in such a habit of collecting purple dorsals I didn't realize the contest had ended! biggrin.gif Whew! I can stop collecting now in time for Christmas breeding! LOL laugh.gif I hope I can stop auto clicking on purple dorsals in the AP now! smile.gifcool.gifsmile.gif Thank you!!! This has been a fun and time consuming contest that I have thoroughly enjoyed!

Just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge the positively massive last-minute donation of plumeriarose and mysterrie, with a whopping 16 HOLLIES! Additionally, coltzen's three-Holly donation has been confirmed late. We absolutely cannot thank them or any of the other donators enough. You guys are all the lifeblood of this contest! smile.gif

In light of the sheer number of Holly winners this is allowing, runner-up prizes this year will probably only go to winners who decline the Holly prize, since everyone on the list of potential runners-up from the results post will now be getting Hollies.

Just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge the positively massive last-minute donation of plumeriarose and mysterrie, with a whopping 16 HOLLIES! Additionally, coltzen's three-Holly donation has been confirmed late. We absolutely cannot thank them or any of the other donators enough. You guys are all the lifeblood of this contest! smile.gif

In light of the sheer number of Holly winners this is allowing, runner-up prizes this year will probably only go to winners who decline the Holly prize, since everyone on the list of potential runners-up from the results post will now be getting Hollies.

That. Is. Awesome.

Have we reached the point of more hollies than winners? ohmy.gif ?

Hi, sorry for confirming late. I have not been terribly active this year. I was wondering if I should breed now so the hollies will be hatched for christmas, or if I should hold off so there is more time to hand them over before they mature?

Hi, sorry for confirming late. I have not been terribly active this year. I was wondering if I should breed now so the hollies will be hatched for christmas, or if I should hold off so there is more time to hand them over before they mature?

Personally, I'm waiting to breed until someone picks my holly for their prize. Though that's mainly because I want to ask the winner which partner they'd prefer, because it's kind of a weird lineage and so it's not obvious what would make the most desirable offspring.

On the current schedule, all the Holly winners should be sorted out by the night of the 25th.

However, somewhat obviously, if you're not confident you can respond immediately once you're contacted, you should probably breed beforehand. tongue.gif

That is brilliant!!!!!!

Can't wait till next year's contest--this has been a blast!

On the current schedule, all the Holly winners should be sorted out by the night of the 25th.

However, somewhat obviously, if you're not confident you can respond immediately once you're contacted, you should probably breed beforehand. tongue.gif

I just bred mine so I don't miss the breeding window. The lineage looks like this one, because I like it better of the two.

Did all the runners up get hollies too in the end? If only one or two missed out I can help out so it's all fair.

How long do winners have to claim their prize once sent? Can donors retract the trade after the egg hatches or do they have until the hatchie grows up?

All the Hollies have finally been assigned to their destinations. smile.gif

Did all the runners up get hollies too in the end? If only one or two missed out I can help out so it's all fair.

No worries, the only people left without Hollies either declined them in the end or did not contact us.

How long do winners have to claim their prize once sent? Can donors retract the trade after the egg hatches or do they have until the hatchie grows up?

I would rather give them as long as possible. The holidays are a busy time, after all. As the breeder, though, ultimately it's up to you.

Thank you once again to all the competitors and donators. Next stop: "runner-up" prizes, for the winners who declined Hollies. biggrin.gif

OK, now that I have some Hollies, here are some that I would be willing to gift the offspring of to winner(s) of this thread:

5G (imperfect stair)

6EG (Thuwed)

7EG (Thuwed)

7G (messy Thuwed Dorkface)

8EG (Thuwed)

Will breed all with mate of winner's choice.

Are we doing this next year? If so I thought I'd change my contribution as I've got some nice new Hollies.

Offering the offspring of:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/inTrk Offspring will look like this.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/wi7KS Offspring will look like this.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/vYJ8H I will be working on a new mate for next year so as not to cause accidental inbreeding with the offspring.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/vbjzl

http://dragcave.net/lineage/xQvFa

http://dragcave.net/lineage/FWwLe

When do we find out what next year's breed is?

As soon as the new thread is posted (which I plan to do 3-6 days from now.)