The Holly Contest

Holly Contest 2014

Oooh ohhh! May I join? Please? tongue.gif

One question, is releasing the dorsals allowed once the contest ends? tongue.gif I somehow don't feel 'right' hoarding dragons.. xd.png Just me and my weirdness.

is it possible to participate still in this contest??

Certainly:

8. You may join at any time in the year.

Oooh ohhh! May I join? Please? tongue.gif

One question, is releasing the dorsals allowed once the contest ends? tongue.gif I somehow don't feel 'right' hoarding dragons.. xd.png Just me and my weirdness.

Believe me, I understand perfectly.

I'm inclined to say that what you do with the dragons after the contest ends is your business, so sure. Not sure how the other mods feel about it.

~~~~

Anyway, yeah, I'm back, for now at least. Hi. I'm not sure what's happened to Ninetails, she emailed me a couple weeks back to ask a question about the contest, I replied via PM but she hasn't read it yet. I know her computer gives her trouble all the time, so I'd suspect it as the culprit.

If she isn't back first, I'll update the thread when I get the time, perhaps tonight.

Updated--

Added everyone and updated totals!

I know this update is a long time in coming, but I'm going to treat my replies to posts as if they were posted yesterday.

Starbit-Plushie and coltzen: Thank you for your donations!

Iluvia: Feel free to participate anyway! Remember that there are lots of Hollies, as well as runner-up prizes for those who fall just short.

DragonLove234: Good! That's the exact purpose of this contest. Secretly my ultimate goal is, I want it to make so big an impact that it gets mentioned on the wiki or by TJ or something. xd.png

Update by Pteprocks

Edit: Also did totally NOT forget to add the donation from psyrae the first time around, if that's what any of you are thinking, 'cause it didn't happen. Thank you, psyrae!

Edited by The Holly Contest

user posted image

Edit: whoops something went wrong with the link

Edited by Tiga

I would like to officially enter, please. smile.gif

I was waiting to make sure I would keep up with collecting them before entering. I didn't want to enter early and then give up on it.

My purple dorsals are at the top of my scroll, right under my eggs and growing hatchlings. They are all numbered into 2 categories - adults and hatchlings.

Right now I have 329 adults and 29 hatchlings for a current total of 358. And some more growing. smile.gif

My scroll is:

http://dragcave.net/user/PiccoloRose

Thanks!! biggrin.gif

Hi. I believe they should be kept, rather than released once the contest is over. This is written on the first post:

"Why only Purple Dorsals, not Red Dorsals, and not other commons too? It's an experiment to see if we can make them harder to find in the cave and AP. It's worked well in the past, and this year we thought it would be interesting to see how their rarity fluctuates in comparison to their red-colored brethren as well. "

By releasing them, you're basically affecting your contribution to the ratio and rendering your effort useless in as far as the goal of the actual event goes. Maybe except if you're just going through the hoarding craze to get a holly.

I mean, there's nothing on this thread that says you can't, but it's somehow implied on the goal statement of the contest. Just a thought, though.

You make a valid point. However, there's also the fact that the contest only lasts one year, and the experiment is to see how the ratios are affected in that specific year. Therefore, once the year is over, it doesn't make much of a difference, because we'll be on to a new breed and the Dorsal ratios will be returning to normal anyway.

That's just my opinion, perhaps I'm underestimating the contest's long-term effect on ratios.

I have 66 now stopped for a while not sure why I did. and 7 on the way

Edited by Rina

Posting to say my scroll is now manually sorted. Dorsals are currently on page 1, starting with Marcus I.

Update totals: I've got 9..

Edited by Sany

I'd like to update my total to 108! Not nearly as large as last year, but it'll do...for now...

My last total is 687. I really haven't had much time for Dragon Cave in the past few months but I finally got around to organizing them!

Updated--

Added everyone and updated totals.

mistysunshine8: It's simple-- just start collecting Purple Dorsals, keep them in one place on your scroll, and provide us with a scroll link. smile.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holly Contest 2014 Donation Confirmation

It's that time of year again, folks. With less than two weeks left in the contest, we're about to send out one last PM to all the donators (and total checkers) to make sure they'll be active during the holiday season. Donations which have been confirmed will be made bold in the first post.

Remember, all your Dorsals need to be grown up or frozen by 11:59 PM cave time on December 9, total checking will begin December 10. Good luck, everyone, and remember that two weeks of intense collection could be all that stands between you and a Holly!

Update by Pteprocks

Edit: dragongrrl: Your PM box is full, please clean it out and contact us to confirm your donation.

Edited by The Holly Contest

Minor Update--

Updated everyone's totals.

The contest ends in a week, at which point we will begin verifying everyone's totals. At that point, any donations which have not been confirmed will be removed from the list. However, between then and the actual distribution of the prizes those donators may still PM us and they will be re-added to the list. The same goes for any last-minute donations.

In the mean-time, if you are not a participant in the contest, and especially if you are a donator, and would like to help us check the participants' Dorsal totals, please PM the project account. We seem to be somewhat short-staffed this year-- though I have spoken to Ninetails since I returned, I haven't since donation confirmation began and I'm not sure if she will be able to help out, and there are some others who are not confident they will be able to do an equal share of the work in light of their schedules, internet etc. Therefore I'd like to get two or three more checkers to help out.

Update by Pteprocks