diaveborn

New Sprite General/Miscellaneous Discussion

That's what my problem is. I see them, but getting them is kinda tricky. I expect in a few weeks the frenzy will die down and it'll be easier for people to get them.

Yeah, once people get their fill, it'll be much easier to get them.

That's what my problem is. I see them, but getting them is kinda tricky. I expect in a few weeks the frenzy will die down and it'll be easier for people to get them.

I believe it will be like it was with the gemshards, they were hard to get for a couple of weeks and then they became more easy to hunt. Now a gemshard egg sometimes sits in the cave for several minutes.

Edited by danicast

I believe it will be like it was with the gemshards, they were hard to get for a couple of weeks and then they became more easy to hunt. Now a gemshard egg sometimes sits in the cave for several minutes.

I think they are still relatively rarer than gemshards. When those were in high demand, plenty of them appeared but went quickly... but were often replaced by more gemshards. The xenos often don't appear at all at the 5 min cycles.

I agree that it will get easier in time *crosses fingers*

Yeah, once people get their fill, it'll be much easier to get them.

We just need to be patient. The main difference with the Gemshards is the number of biomes where the Xenos show up. Let's give them a few weeks before worrying. I will keep fingers and toes crossed cool.gif

We just need to be patient. The main difference with the Gemshards is the number of biomes where the Xenos show up. Let's give them a few weeks before worrying. I will keep fingers and toes crossed cool.gif

Yep, I think that's the case. Gemshards only have 3 color variants, and they were released with 2 other breeds. So people quicker reached their scroll goals, and the other new breeds took a bit of the hunting pressure from the gemshards.

Also, I think what we're seeing here is the result of longer initial drops. We asked for longer initial drops without mixing in of older breeds, and TJ gave them to us. In those first 48 hours, people pick up so many of the new releases that they're seriously overpopulated right at the end of the flood. They become scarce for a few days to weeks after that. It's just how the ratios work. Once enough of the other breeds have been picked up, the new releases will start dropping at the rate that was intended for them.

Haven't seen a single one today, in none of the six biomes. Boy, that was fun. dry.gif

Yep, I think that's the case. Gemshards only have 3 color variants, and they were released with 2 other breeds. So people quicker reached their scroll goals, and the other new breeds took a bit of the hunting pressure from the gemshards.

Also, I think what we're seeing here is the result of longer initial drops. We asked for longer initial drops without mixing in of older breeds, and TJ gave them to us. In those first 48 hours, people pick up so many of the new releases that they're seriously overpopulated right at the end of the flood. They become scarce for a few days to weeks after that. It's just how the ratios work. Once enough of the other breeds have been picked up, the new releases will start dropping at the rate that was intended for them.

The trouble is that right now, no one is really hunting or picking up those other breeds, they want the Xenos.

The trouble is that right now, no one is really hunting or picking up those other breeds, they want the Xenos.

I myself have caught four gemshards in the last 24 hours, but I alone am not enough to make the xeno ratios any better. sad.gif

True - if people don't pick up the other breeds, the xeno situation won't relax. It will happen, though, it'll just take longer sad.gif

i picked up a gemshard and a summer, as i don't need to keep a lot of space on my scroll for non existent xeno eggs. still hoping i might catch another one, but i've seen none in four days.

CB metallics seem to be commoner than these at the moment.

i haven't seen any metallics, but my internet is very slow.

I picked up a CB flesh crowne as I still needed one. Not much but every dragon counts right? I have no problems seeing them (just saw one in the desert) however my phone is slow and won't read my touch the first time (unless its a dang moonstone...had to vamp one of those last night...2nd time this week!) By the time it registers ive clicked the egg is long gone. Sigh all I need is 3 more and I'd be set! I don't even care about getting them for trades as I can breed/catch other stuff for that. Speaking of trading ...it's kind of sad having a tinsel egg up for grabs and the only offer on it is a Pygmy breed...and it's not even on my wish list. In the irc chat someone had low gen prizes/metallics and they weren't getting any takers either! Noooo everyone wants the dang things but aren't willing to trade off extra ones!

I wager I might get the 3 I need for my full second set (I need a CB male and female of each...anything else can be bred) maybe after next July's release (if we have one) xd.png

Saw two - missed the both. dry.gif

Edit: Make that three.

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Has anyone seen these since they pretty much disappeared? Can you say "Coppers"?

Has anyone seen these since they pretty much disappeared? Can you say "Coppers"?

I've seen about 20. They're nowhere near as rare as coppers.

I've only seen a dozen or so since the flood stopped, which is pretty uncommon for me, since I do have a fast internet connection.

My clicking reflexes are not fast enough to catch rares, but I a least manage to spot them. With this new release that's not the case.

CB metallics seem to be commoner than these at the moment.

Aaah, I wish I could get some! I haven't seen any myself, though I'm not very good at hunting for rares like that. But I'm trying to pick up more Reds and Pinks, as well as some other commons... if I can't find the Xenos, I may as well help out with trying to even out the ratios, right?

I've seen about 20. They're nowhere near as rare as coppers.

I guess that's a good thing.

Do you have a handle on if any one is more scarce (so I don't use the 'R' word) than the others? For instance, the Mageia vs. the Astrapi.

I've still yet to be able to even spot these things in any biome. But I do agree they're not as rare as the coppers because of looking at the trading threads.

We were told by the spriter that the Zeno's are not rare, and that they're all of the same rarity.

There are actually a lot of them Dropping, but I''ve noticed that with slower refreshes/lag, I may see none at all, while with at least somewhat faster refreshes (and I have ordinary speed wireless with periodic issues and almost never see metals and never see Pyrals) I've seen (and mostly missed, lol,) as many as 5 in the same biome in under an hour.

They're just gettng snapped up very quickly, and since some people have made some high offers for them, and other people are hoping for high offers for them, they've currently become trade fodder and yet are still Dropping really well, especially considering that the biomes often don't move much for lengthy periods.

I haven't seen a single Chrono egg in a while - ever since shortly after the flood has ended. sad.gif I sure hope to come across one more and catch it because I really want to help my friend out. sad.gif

Does anybody even see them in the cave?

Edited by *Silver Fox*

I haven't seen a single Chrono egg in a while - ever since shortly after the flood has ended. sad.gif I sure hope to come across one more and catch it because I really want to help my friend out. sad.gif

Does anybody even see them in the cave?

It was a Chrono egg I missed when I derp-clicked the Stripe. Very annoying, I was planning to gift it to someone. :/