DragonNighthowler

Re-Open Winter Events Editing

The only reason I made this suggestion is due to the possibility that a reason we haven't gotten these things opened back up was for worries about lag during the season. If we can have them at a time when that wouldn't be such a problem, I would be very grateful. I would be grateful to have them at any time at all, or at least be told why we can't have them.

I'll vote to be able to have past christmas projects reactivated each season. I have cobwebs all over my tree and wreath, stuck there in the loft! And I didn't get chance to have my gingerbread house damp proofed...!

I'm not sure about 'Christmas in July'. Surely we should be able to decorate our Christmas wreaths/trees/gingerbread houses AT Christmas.

I think that would compound the Christmas lag ? Mind you - if we DO I would like an option to revert to previous saved. Otherwise I'm not TOUCHING mine smile.gif It's not perfect - but it is what I intended at the time !

I remember him saying we'd be able to, too. I'd love to be able to redecorate--especially since my brother screwed mine up. (He hasn't touched my scroll since--he learned his lesson!)

I think that would compound the Christmas lag ? Mind you - if we DO I would like an option to revert to previous saved. Otherwise I'm not TOUCHING mine smile.gif It's not perfect - but it is what I intended at the time !

One thing I do when I want to preserve my sorting while checking out the Rainbow sort for the positioning of new sprites, or something is to open my present sort in one tab, open the other sort in another tab, do whatever I am going to do in the Rainbow sort tab, close it and then open the tab with my present sort still open in it then save it.

I wish I had thought to do this when I let my grand nephew play with my gingerbread house, but I didn't think of it til after it was done.

Anyway, if you open your present tree in one tab, you can do whatever you want in another tab, then make sure you save the right one again when you're done.

One thing I do when I want to preserve my sorting while checking out the Rainbow sort for the positioning of new sprites, or something is to open my present sort in one tab, open the other sort in another tab, do whatever I am going to do in the Rainbow sort tab, close it and then open the tab with my present sort still open in it then save it.

I wish I had thought to do this when I let my grand nephew play with my gingerbread house, but I didn't think of it til after it was done.

Anyway, if you open your present tree in one tab, you can do whatever you want in another tab, then make sure you save the right one again when you're done.

Well – no. Remember when you opened your page for the house this time. You never had to click save. It just happened by interwebz magic. (which was what hacked me off every time I moved something by mistake as it would always then end up ON TOP of whatever, like the things I wanted the snow to be OVER, and – worse – the snow on the little trees….) No save button even of any kind.

Same with the tree. What you did stayed put till you moved it again – except during the glitch. So that was never an option and I WANT it to be !

I don't remember for sure about the tree and the wreath, maybe we did have to save those -- the tree at least I am pretty sure we did.

But the gingerbread house there was no option to save it. It just auto-saved each time. I am not sure your method would have worked, although I never tried using two tabs.

Well, it's too late to try it now, but I wish I had thought to try it, anyway.

Last time I talked to TJ, I got the impression that re-enabling involved a bit of coding due to how they were originally coded, which meant time that he just hasn't had due to life and other site things that have needed done and taken care of. I would like if they could be re-enabled, too, and I'm not sure if I got the right impression, but that is the impression I got. ^^

New server, so lag shouldn't be a problem. So, looks like whenever TJ's RL cools down, we poke!

The new server was for the forum not for the cave.

Having said that I'd still like for decorating to be re-enabled.

I'm still hoping for some kind of answer on whether this will be doable or not. I'd really love to have a chance to play with the tree and wreath again and to fix my gingerbread house.

I really wish there was a way these could be available as a downloadable game, especially the Gingerbread house, kind of like a computer Lego game. You could build a house, save it, build another, save it too, play with them later, create more variations, all without straining the site's servers.

Just my two cents.

And just because I still love my silly things:

http://dragcave.net/tree/dragongrrrl

http://dragcave.net/wreath/dragongrrrl

http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/dragongrrrl

If they were available as a downloadable game, I would so love that. Then I could let grand neices and nephews play to their hearts' content.

I'd love to be able to redecorate! My kids loved playing with the Gingerbread house with me. It would be fun to have it to do again. Hopefully by next Christmas ...

Support. I do vaguely remember something about being able to redecorate, although it's not a priority for me, just something fun to do.

Lol, don't have the energy to bother with mine, but since this is driving so many people crazy, I totally support it, if feasible.

My past tree looks...quite cluttered... xd.png So I wouldn't mind this idea at all! Now all we need is to get TJ to implement it (unless it's not possible, which I truly doubt).

EDIT: Though I'm not sure if it is still there, I wish he would also somehow fix the 404 error when visiting someone else's wreath.

Edited by Ninetails

In the 2010 Tree Decorating event, we were told here in the last bullet under, "Here's how it works," that, after voting, the tree editing would be re-opened. Sadly, this never happened and, in addition to those who were affected by a glitch that completely destroyed their trees, people had floating items that they thought were deleted from their trees. It would be really awesome if editing was re-opened and we could adjust things forever, especially since were told that it would. In addition, it would be even more fun if we could edit wreaths, gingerbread houses, and forts year-round--especially wreaths, since wreath editing was closed without any prior warning.

I really hope this gains some support. It would be very fun for everyone smile.gif

EDIT: Should Snow Wars editing be re-enabled some time in the future, many things have been suggested for the dilemma of snow costs. One idea is to only be able to move things around; another is for snow to be locked at the amount you had at the end of the event; another is basically the second one, but with removing items giving full snow refunds, rather than half.

Edited by PieMaster

I would love this. I have always wanted to fix my tree. The wreath I am happy with, but I was rather ill toward the end of gingerbread house and it ended up being barely started. It would be such fun.