DragonNighthowler

Re-Open Winter Events Editing

Darn, I forgot to include a limited-time editing period option, as well as other, in the poll. *Runs to poke a mod*

I'd love to see everything re-opened, if not all the time, at least during the month of December. That being said, the cave is already so laggy during Holidays, I'm kind of scared of how it'd fare with all the extra things going on at once too. Gah!

I would love for this to be available year round so I would have something to play with while I'm waiting for eggs to hatch or dragons to grow. It's always seemed a bit of a shame to me that the artists put so much work into these events and then once they are shut down we lose any of the sprites that we didn't work into our design.

For me, I would love to be able to play with my wreath year round since where I live we tend to have wreaths decorated for different holidays. I layered the ribbons on my wreath back then to reflect Mardi Gras with the hopes of being able to change it as the seasons rolled around.

I would like for everything but forts, and/or limited editing of forts. The forts require snow, which I don't think it would be a good idea for it to continue dropping. I guess you could give everyone an unlimited supply of snow, but that seems like cheating.

What I mean by limited editing is moving existing items around, but not being able to add new items.

Edited by Nectaris

I would like for everything but forts, and/or limited editing of forts. The forts require snow, which I don't think it would be a good idea for it to continue dropping. I guess you could give everyone an unlimited supply of snow, but that seems like cheating.

What I mean by limited editing is moving existing items around, but not being able to add new items.

What if people were just locked with however much snow they got originally?

What if people were just locked with however much snow they got originally?

And double clicking refunded full amounts?

That sounds sensible!

Although perhaps so would a caveat against having these opened during the month of December or other periods where the extra burden might make the Cave crash...

Perhaps have these open, one at a time, in rotational periods through the year, only not at peak times, so that people would have a specified period in which to fuss with each of these?

Perhaps schedule even just two weeks each for two of them in November, and the same for others in Jan/Feb, (spaced so as to avoid the extra burden during Releases) so as not to have everything going on at once at a point when the site is seeing high traffic and activity already, and the Cave sometimes takes forever to refresh/whites out/has data errors anyway?

We'll be building up with more these events every year, after all...

Well, I don't have a tree, but I'm in favor of this, specially for those who weren't able to get their tree the way they wanted

Not a fan of having to redo my fort though. Voting for all anyway, because I know how much people want to redecorate their stuff

Oh, whoops! Didn't realize this had already been suggesting xd.png Thanks for the merge and keeping the poll, Sockie ^^

Happy about the tree decorating NOT happy about the wreath, oh god what was I thinking basically sums up my wreath experience x___x

Voted to open editing for all of them. sad.gif

Edited by DarkEternity

I support! Unfortunately I wasn't here for the trees, but I'd love to edit my wreath and house. I'd also like to edit my fort next year, and I don't find any harm in letting snow be gained again.

While I'm lucky enough to have my Tree, Wreath and Gingerbread house saved as I wanted them, I know how frustrated others have been with the way their final images were saved. I must support this!

It might be nice to have them open as a one week event, perhaps around the Festival of Eggs or the DC birthday, just so the word gets out to as many users as possible, and people will have enough time to complete them as they wish.

Just a thought. smile.gif

The following is my opinion, just my opinion. I do not presume to speak for anyone else.

When we got the tree decorating event we were told that we would have a chance to play with it after the contest was done. I really looked forward to redecorating my tree in different ways with different color schemes and really enjoying it. Never happened. There was never any explanation.

I do feel sorry for those whose trees or wreaths were glitched and think they should get a chance to fix things.

I understand the desire to play around with these things a bit more. I would certainly take advantage of any opportunity to do so.

With the gingerbread house last year, I let my grand nephew play with mine, and the opportunity to fix it ended before I got back to it. I would love to fix it.

I hope that TJ will come up with a way to allow us to do this. This topic comes up often enough to show that we really feel strongly about this subject, and it seems a large number of us would take advantage of any opportunity to revise our trees, wreaths, etc. I keep hoping.

Oh my God, so much support for this! I got overwhelmed with the tree decorating, so I finally opted to leave my tree blank and re-do it properly when I had the time. Only, editing was never enabled. I've been kicking myself ever since.

With regard to the snow forts, I personally like the idea of unlimited snow, because it'd be cool to just mess around at that point. However, I can also support the idea of locking users in with the amount of snow they had when the event ended, as that seems fair and less like cheating. If that idea is used, though, I'd really love to see deleted items refund the full amount rather than half.

Please, TJ, let us play with our old holiday mini-games! You and the spriters put a lot of work into making them, and this would let us use and appreciate that effort a lot more. ^^

No problem, PieMaster. =)

Oops, sorry, guys. Please re-vote, I had to edit the poll.

Also, thanks for fixing the poll tongue.gif

I don't see a poll anywhere?

I completely support this. I wasn't quite aware that this year's event would end today, and that is my fault for not paying attention. I had completely re-designed my fort today and wanted to add a little more to it, but I decided I'd work more on it later. Now, it's too late. I also wish I could edit my Christmas tree as I didn't really do what I wanted with it. It seems like a lot of people would love to be able to edit their trees, houses, etc., so I say why not...

I don't see a poll anywhere?

There was one. I guess it was removed for being a support/no support poll.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Oh god I accidentally reset my Gingerbread house last year right before the event closed, and as I was on my iPod at the time I wasn't fast enough and only managed to put snow on the roof, nothing else! I am so bummed about it as I had such an amazing looking house and I didn't even save a screenshot of it. So yeas please, to all events, I support.

This would definitely be fun: I wasn't around for the wreath or tree but my gingerbread house is... ugly. And I would love to mess around with my fort more if I could. Support. happy.gif

With regard to the snow forts, I personally like the idea of unlimited snow, because it'd be cool to just mess around at that point. However, I can also support the idea of locking users in with the amount of snow they had when the event ended, as that seems fair and less like cheating. If that idea is used, though, I'd really love to see deleted items refund the full amount rather than half.

I agree with this opinion regarding snow amounts. Also, I prefer the idea of the mini-games being open year-round instead of just within a specific window.

Yes, please. ^-^ I'm happy with my tree, wreath, and fort, but somehow I didn't completely finish my gingerbread house. +1 Support from me, not because I really need to fix anything, but because it would be something fun to do, paricularly if the 'Christmas in July' idea was implemented. ^-^

I need to fix my wreath, I just started working on it, and bam! no more editing sad.gif

I would also like to re-do my tree. I gave up on it after I found out people were cheating with the voting process. I would also love to continue playing with my fort.