Nearzilla

Solstice dragon names

I named my 2 girls SnowflakeJasperSolstice,& SnowbelleDiamondzSolstice, both very winterlike & suits them also. smile.gifsmile.gif

Mine are named Sugar Cookie and Sugar Sprinkles.

I thought they would be like, Blizzard dragon or Snow dragons so I named mine:

Whisper of the frozen wind and Faint shimmer of the snow

I snagged a cute little Z code so my first was named after what her code resembled, Z'ebii. The second I allowed my sister to name so she would shush up and stop harassing me on Christmas Eve when I was cave hunting. Giving her naming rights let me sleep till 8 am instead of the 6 am she'd set the alarm for Christmas morning. Most appropriately for the situation, my second is now named Leetle Christmas Monster.

Mine are Tiny Reindeer My Butt and Frostbitten Blueberry Muffin.

Tiny Reindeer momentarily had a graceful name to suit her beautiful design, but I changed it back. Haha.

As little hatchlings I had named them Frosty Icing and Icy Frosting, but when I saw the beautiful adult design, I renamed them Shattered Diamonds and Crystallized Jewel.

Edited by Starlitt

My ladies now go by "Solaire of Frost" and "Lament of the Solstice". Solaire has now been described and Lament should be next.

Named mine Aranisa and Borealis Zhirana. Simple names, but I like them smile.gif

Mine are named Moschatus and Ministry of Joy

The first one was named because it's code looked like it said Ox when I first saw it and the other was named in homage to Orwell's 1984 which I have been reading (also because of it's code)

apparently "Fome" has Latin roots meaning famine, however since "ministry of plenty" or "miniplenty" have both been taken I had to improvise.

Sunreturn and Astrid. I'd given the name Sunreturn to one of my Hollies, but when I found out that these are Solstice dragons I had to reclaim it. Nice to see all the lovely names everyone's giving them!

I've given my Solstice Dragons the names Sunrise of Yuletide and Winterdusk because their wings remind me of sunset/sunrise. I dunno, I feel kinda proud for claiming the name "Winterdusk", it just sounds so catchy. biggrin.gif

Mine are Three Eye and Wee Eye, as they both have "eye" in their codes (one in all caps and one in all lowercase).

I cheat outrageously in names by sticking "Nim's" in front of any name that I want to use that's taken, so mine are Nim's Saturnalia and Nim's Solstice.

I was also reminded of dawn and dusk by their coloration and association with the solstice, so mine are named Shaharia and Shalimah after Shahar and Shalim, twin gods of dawn and dusk.

Auroraeth and Solaceth, for Aurora Borealis and Solstice. And because every dragon of mine needs to have "th" at end of the name. rolleyes.gif

My brain saw the wings and thought "Aurora Borealis", then went from "Borealis" to "Boreas", the Greek god of the North Wind, then to his Roman name, "Aquilon". But that was taken, so I ended up with "Aquilon North-Wind".

Kind of complicated, but pretty. biggrin.gif

Itari and Inijaka.

If google translator didn't lie to me, "itari" means "solstice" in Japanese.

Inijaka ist the name of a male villain in Trudi Canavan's "Black Magician Trilogy". I just liked the name and it suits well with Itari biggrin.gif

I named mine Byrddydd y Gaeaf and Cariad Nadolig. If google translate didn't lie to me, then they mean Winter Solstice and Christmas Love in Welsh.

Its so neat to see what people named their dragon's and their reasons for doing so.

I named mine Solstice Dreamer CB and Solstice Bison CB. Not very imaginative I know. But Dreamers name just jumped up and smacked me when I went to name them. And Bison is named after her code, which is bl50N. Whenever a dragon's code makes me think of a name I try to add it into the name somehow.

Todizi and Tierina. :3

Todizi got her name from her code, and Tierina just sounds good together with Todizi.