TJ09

2013-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins!

Even though the holiday-limit was lifted I swear I have never seen so many Hollies in the cave in my entire time of playing. It's a huge contrast to my first year, I think it was three or four years ago, when I saw a grand total of four Hollies in the AP altogether during the entirety of the breeding time. And of course I caught none of them back then.

This year I've been able to catch not only a few pretty Hollies for myself, I've also managed to help other players through another forum to obtain at least one Holly egg each. Though there may be hoarders, I can still say that I've experienced this years' holiday special to be very fun and filled with generosity.

Thanks for another fun event! smile.gif

Have a happy holiday and happy time of whatever you happen to be celebrating! If you celebrate nothing at all, just have an equally happy few days! tongue.gif

I have been waiting this for a long time, yay!

I'm spending my Christmas at my parents and can't access the internet well, but I managed to catch every missing egg from my scroll except for a Holly. I can see so many of them in the AP but why I can't I catch one? xd.png

2 of my bred Holly eggs have been dropped in the AP. Good luck to those who are still searching for Holly dragons.

So, once a fort is destroyed, the user is out of the game, am I right?

Also, if you use up all your snow in attacking, are you still able to repair damage done to your fort?

Edited by Data_Girl_3

2 of my bred Holly eggs have been dropped in the AP. Good luck to those who are still searching for Holly dragons.

So, once a fort is destroyed, the user is out of the game, am I right?

Also, if you use up all your snow in attacking, are you still able to repair damage done to your fort?

You can repair it as long as you have snow. And you get snow every hour

Even though the holiday-limit was lifted I swear I have never seen so many Hollies in the cave in my entire time of playing.

I agree and I still was never able to catch one. Thanks to the generosity of members here, I was gifted one last year and two this.

It's an ambition of mine to actually grab one just so I know it can be done! Friends saying 'there's loads there now' was sadly wasted on me!

Speaking of banners... I wanted to make a signature banner with the yellow snowman banner. I went ahead and made sig banners for the other colors as well if anyone wants to use them.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

I'm going to use one!!! Thanks!

I agree and I still was never able to catch one. Thanks to the generosity of members here, I was gifted one last year and two this.

It's an ambition of mine to actually grab one just so I know it can be done! Friends saying 'there's loads there now' was sadly wasted on me!

Keep going, I had the personal goal for the ability to nab one and have managed it!

Speaking of banners... I wanted to make a signature banner with the yellow snowman banner. I went ahead and made sig banners for the other colors as well if anyone wants to use them.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Thank you! I was hoping there would be sig graphics for the banners.

Even though the holiday-limit was lifted I swear I have never seen so many Hollies in the cave in my entire time of playing. It's a huge contrast to my first year, I think it was three or four years ago, when I saw a grand total of four Hollies in the AP altogether during the entirety of the breeding time. And of course I caught none of them back then.

This year I've been able to catch not only a few pretty Hollies for myself, I've also managed to help other players through another forum to obtain at least one Holly egg each. Though there may be hoarders, I can still say that I've experienced this years' holiday special to be very fun and filled with generosity.

Thanks for another fun event! smile.gif

Have a happy holiday and happy time of whatever you happen to be celebrating! If you celebrate nothing at all, just have an equally happy few days! tongue.gif

Totally agree! And there can only be more next year.

Still on the elusive 2nd gen holly hunt. I really just want the satisfaction of catching one. lol

But it's okay, I've traded for/caught some really nice ones this year. smile.gif

You need to fix your link and add /Shinryuumaru to it. The link you posted will just take each person to his or her own fort. When I first looked I thought you were copying me!  xd.png

Okay, so I just need to add "/Shinryuumaru" to it? Thanks for letting me know.

When are the new Christmas dragons being released? 28th? Anyone now for sure?

Edit: My Fort. Is it okay now?

Edited by Shinryuumaru

Definitely there have been tons of hollies and same that previous years barely seen any! I have a super lovely holly thanks to a special someone (you know who you are wink.gif)

It seems to have ebbed in general on eggs again do we think most would have bred over the weekend?

EDIT: NEw release eggs on Christmas day for 3 days solid.

Edited by lilacamy931

So on the 25th, right?

Yep DC time, here for reassurance:http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=calendar

I keep SEEING hollies, but snagging them is another matter... Right now, I'm having a hard time even trying for a second yulebuck. With the Halloween release, AP catching seemed to get easier as time went on, but I don't think that's going to be the case this time around since users breeding are starting from a smaller pool, while simultaneously those catching don't need to keep as many slots in reserve for this year's drop since the new dragons are still subject to a population cap until next year.

Thanks to the generosity of people on the gifting threads, I've managed to get at least one of each species from the previous years, though, so even if I can't catch a single additional holiday egg before the 25th, I'll still be happy. (And if I get really discouraged, there's always the bounty of low time commons and uncommons to be snagged from the AP.)

Awesome! I am now displaying my team proudly!

I had to go with the Chicken Lords - as the Chicken Suit and related quest in Fable 3 is my favorite (I love being the Queen Chicken)

I swear that all the Holly dragons were bred on the first day, and that they're none to be found in the AP. Until next year.

I still have yet to breed my Holly. I bred all my other ones on the same day though. I actually forgot I had a Holly ohmy.gif

Ooh yay! Thank you :3

I hope TJ uses his blue one.

Hey there folks,

could you please attack my "fort", because I need the "broken" sprites (for the Wiki) from the ones I have currently displayed. (As far as I know the decorations can't be damaged but I'll give it a try anyways wink.gif )

Edited by Nyastara