padfoot

The Unlikely

((Can anyone give me a recap please? I've been waiting for Soiled, but...))

(Everyone went back to Sanctuary through a portal to look for any supplies or survivors and now everyone is pretty much separated and being ambushed by Eons)

Ethan started to get up, seeing that he was now surrounded in a circle by Eons. Looks like his plan of staying low and hoping to not be seen wasn't going too well. He immediately set to work on jinxing the Eons in the circle, six of them and he had no allies, which could be seen as a good thing. Less people around him, less variables to worry about when changing any luck or probabilities.

He suddenly stopped what he was doing, having a gut instinct to move to the right, so he did exactly that, stepping to the right just as a laser was fired. Unfortunately for him he wasn't fast enough. The laser left a small part of his left arm missing, fortunately the Eon in front of him just wasn't having a lucky day seeing as the beam pierced right through it's chest. He clutched his arm in pain, falling to his knees just in time for another laser to fly past where his head was. he moved to the side gain, letting go of his arm to grab a rock, which he threw at one of the Eons next to the fallen one, jinxing the rock as it flew towards the Eon and also the weapon the Eon was carrying. The rock clattered against the Eon's gun which started to smoke, but the Eon tossed the gun aside before it could explode in it's arms.

Using this scene as a distraction Ethan ran through the opening in the circle that had been created. He was unsure whether he would even make it. He could only hope to lose them or find someone who could actually have a direct influence in a fight rather than his indirect approach.

Navi seemed physically hurt and she turned human. "Ow. O-... Oh... Oh no..." She crumpled. "Go on Raven." She whimpered. "Eth- ...Ethan's getting hurt. Help him. I'll hang back and fix the pump." She sent off a wisp that raced off to get Zeke. She lost her sense of touch to make it, though she didn't see why that mattered. She immediately turned herself into a smoky outline, enough of a wisp if she was shot it would just phase and scatter. How did she know that? She wasn't sure. She felt so drugged though...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

The wisp reached Zeke and jingled. "Zeke! Water found, no holder. Let me die. Spy." It spoke like it was a dollar store wind up version of Navi, clearly incomplete. "Hurry to reservoir! Open rift to container?"

Edited by lycrawaterz14

With a nod, Raven tore out into the open. She was only a black steak as she raced to find Ethan. Scrambling up the walls of the steep slope, she managed to get on level ground again. Her nares worked frantically to pick out Ethan's scent on the wind. Eventually, she managed to separate it from the smoke and ash, and took of in that direction.

Pooch waited, still crouched and silent as death behind Wyrm, whom was nearly vibrating with angry adrenaline.

They sat in silence, listening intently as the heavy crunch of boots grew closer and multiplied; one pair turned to two, then three, then more, until a crowd of nearly half a dozen eons could be heard outside the closet door. Pooch grimaced, holding her whistle closer to her chest.... it was hopeless, they were surrounded, and soon, the eons would open the door, filling them with holes.

She held Wyrm close, nestling her bloodstained face into his thick fur.A trickle of dirt fell into her hair. With irritation, she looked up to brush it out, and stopped cold, a slow, disbelieving smile spreading across her face.

A small crew of furry faces was looking down at her from the earthen ceiling. Crowded together was the small rat she'd sent to Sanctuary before its collapse, its' tiny family looking down at her with curiousity; and there, in the center was Wamba, flanked on either side by his furry brothers and sisters.

She hissed with delight, scrubbing tears from her eyes as she watched her friends scuttle to and fro, widening the overhead tunnel which she supposed led back through Sanctuary. There was just one problem.... Wyrm was far too big to fit.

With a hiss, she called to the cluster of small animals in the ceiling and, in hushed tones, she discussed their next course of action.

--------------

The gathering of boots outside the door was now a rowdy group, discussing loudly in what she supposed was Eon, and the odd whooping laugh trickled through the cracks in the door. Suddenly, there came a deep, shuddering boom and the high screech of a phaser. The door shook on its hinges, arcs of light slicing through its thick wood as the Eons' outside began to force their way in.

Gritting her needle-like teeth, Pooch picked up a broken piece of mop handle, growling in anticipation.

Suddenly, a deep rumbling erupted from the room outside, bits of dirt and rock tumbling from the ceiling, cutting through the screams of the Eons outside the door. Dirt and debris flooded underneath the closet door, and rocks tumbled untouched through the still smoking holes the phasers had cut in the wood.

Pooch grinned, slowly opening the door to reveal the room outside, now nothing more than a mound of dirt and rocks, broken limbs and phasers poking through the crushing debris; the ceiling now an enormous, cavernous void.... with a crew of tiny, furry faces peeking over the edge.

Digbeasts really were a gift.

Pooch snagged one of the phasers poking out of the dirt and scurried out, leaving her friends with their box of well deserved treats.

Luck looked up just in time to see a strange and veary large object fall from the sky.

" Ethan! Ru-" was the whole of what she said before the thing crashed into the ground, tossing and throwing all sorts of rubble and ruin in their direction. She couldn't quite see for a few seconds that- in her mind- lasted forever. Luck opened her eyes and blinked violently until she could see what was happening. But, of coarse she didn't have her glasses and thus couldn't see.

"E- Ethan?" she stumbled around, feeling the dirt for her glasses. she felt blood on her fore head.

So far Ethan's escape was going successful. He was in too much of a rush to jinx anything around him but he was capable on keeping charms on himself while also working on increasing the chances he wouldn't get shot. Five of the six were left, and one of them was disarmed. If only he could focus more he would jinx their guns, then they might conveniently be pointing it the wrong way when they fire or it might blow up with they fire or something random.

Luck, he needed to find Luck, although bringing his current company over to find Luck as well wouldn't be that great of an idea if she got hurt or had company of her own. He was breathing heavily, the pain in his arm was dulled from the adrenaline. Ethan didn't know it but he was heading right in Raven's direction.

Zeke slid to a stop and squinted through the grim on the lens of his respirator. He did see something in the smoke. It was a copy of Navi. A poorly constructed copy too. He listened to what it rambled out. He nodded was gone.

He reappeared in the middle of a war zone. He immediately dropped to his stomach behind some rubble to avoid being seen. The wind shifted slightly, causing the cloud of dust he created from the building collapse was just starting to roll into the area. Zeke took this stroke of good luck to move towards the open reservoir. He noticed Navi's transparent form and moved towards her, "Tell the others to find me. We need to get the hell out of here", he said to Navi, hoping that it wouldn't be too much for the wisp.

So far Ethan's escape was going successful. He was in too much of a rush to jinx anything around him but he was capable on keeping charms on himself while also working on increasing the chances he wouldn't get shot. Five of the six were left, and one of them was disarmed. If only he could focus more he would jinx their guns, then they might conveniently be pointing it the wrong way when they fire or it might blow up with they fire or something random.

Luck, he needed to find Luck, although bringing his current company over to find Luck as well wouldn't be that great of an idea if she got hurt or had company of her own. He was breathing heavily, the pain in his arm was dulled from the adrenaline. Ethan didn't know it but he was heading right in Raven's direction.

"Ethan!" She called over the commotion. "Follow me." She turned and began to rush back towards the resivor.

"You guys need to get out of here. Leave me. I've found water, but I need somewhere to pump it into. Is there any way you could open a rift to somewhere we can collect the water ?" She asked Zeke. Hopefully he just wouldn't question it. That would be nice. She felt something tugging at her consciousness and it didn't need to be anywhere near the team. It was like something was leaking information. She broke off into six wisps, and each one sought one team member.

Once the wisps found their team member they jingled. "Zeke is go! Hurry back to water!" It then returned to Navi.

Careening through the rubble flecked tunnels of Sanctuary, Pooch and Wyrm ran towards the center of the decimated base; rushing to the source of the sounds of a scuffle.

Pooch leaped to one side as a dark, vaguely canine shape flew by them, racing ahead. Pooch and Wyrm stared after Raven for a moment before sharing a look, and after a second or two, Pooch turned, clambering onto Wyrms back.

The two jettisoned through the tunnels, following Raven as closely as they dared, hoping to find the rest of the team.

Seeing Ethan through the haze of rubble and dust, they skidded to a stop, Pooch bouncing to and fro on Wyrms' back.

Edited by ChildeRolande

Ethan ran towards Raven's voice who was soon in his view. he kept running towards her, the Eons more wary now that there were more of them, but they still weren't too worried. Ethan nodded to Pooch as he passed by her, placing charms on both her and Wyrm. He now focused on following Raven and getting to the reservoir safely. Well, if safely meant with a chunk of your arm already missing. "I was with Luck before they came. I don't know where she is." he said to Raven, also placing a charm on her.

Zeke shook his head at Navi's request, "It doesn't work that way, If I don't have something to transport it into I will just flood our campsite", he said, thinking for a moment. He gave himself an idea. He threw off his back and unzipped the top. He rummaged throguh it quickly until he found half the bottle of water from earlier Zeke dumped the remaining water from earlier on the dry ground and held the empty bottle out in front of him. He closed his eyes, blocking out the sounds of dracon fire and shouting. Space-time began to bend around his hands, swirling inside the bottle. The process only took a second and ended with a flickery bottle in his hand. He tossed it into the water and turned back to Navi, "I made it bigger on the inside, It should drain the water from the pool below and it will be in an easy to carr container", he told her. He snapped open a portal that lead to their campsite, "We are leaving. Now. Get everyone back here ASAP", he said, looking over the side and into the cave below. There was a sizable whirlpool forming as the vast amount of water began to flood the altered bottle.

"I have done all I can. Zeke, I think my powers are being leeched... I need to be left behind." Navi just nodded solemnly. "I'll be fine. I'm more of a hinderance anyway." She looked a the team on their way. She would miss them.

Pooch turned to follow Ethan and Raven, "I'm comin' with you" she said, suddenly serious. "We need to find some kinda way out, an' we needa keep the team together if we're gonna have any chance of that."

Chewing her lip, Pooch straightened her shoulders... she had no idea how many eons were skulking around the tunnels, but she wanted to take out at least a few of them... or the important ones, at least.

Turning, she looked at Ethan, "You think we could find Luck?" she asked "We could ask Wyrm to track her scent, ya know."

((I was waiting for Soiled, but it seems like she's not going to reply for a while. Could I get a recap?))

Raven took Pooch's hand, looking at the little girl who acted much older than she was. And it was true, this world, had forced everyone's hand. There was rarely time for play, and you always had to be on edge. It wasn't a good thing for children to grow up not knowing fun.

(((Techno. It has only been about 10 posts since I last gave you a recap. Not that much happened in that time)))

Zeke hung his hand over the swirling pool of water. The half full bottle was suddenly in his hand. He screwed the top one and looked at Navi as she spoke, "Why leave you? It doesn't take any energy to step through the portal out of here", he said with a confused look on his face. He snapped open a portal between them, the trailer park could be seen on the other side, "ALLLLLL ABOARD!", he yelled to his teammates within earshot. He was only giving them a few minutes before leaving. The lasers were getting too close from comfort and the dust cloud was beginning to drift away, leaving them exposed.

"No. Something's watching us. I think it's using me to do so... I'll just stay with you for now. Could we talk later? I don't care if it's an alternate you or not, I just need to speak win one of you, Zeke. It's a high priority." Navi was being a bother. She stepped over, watched the bottle, making sure it was working.

Ethan jinxed a portion of tunnel that was still standing after they had ran through it. He was with others, so he had more time to think about what to jinx and what to charm. The Eons chased after them, but as soon as they reached the tunnel it collapsed on top of them. At least Ethan hoped it was on top of them. At least one of the Eons would have been crushed, but the others would be stalled getting though the rubble.

"Go for it," he answered back to Pooch, staying a bit behind Raven and Pooch so that he could jinx things as he went.

(((Would anyone object if I was to timeskip to them driving north?)))

((I'd say go for it...but I'm kind of inactive in this RP, huh? ^^;))