Ioanna

ϟ Which Greek God or Goddess would be your parent?

- I am sorry if there is already a topic about this, I've searched but I couldn't find any.

- Please keep in mind this is not a discussion about religion/beliefs! Please do not argue here!

- Feel free to correct me in case there is something wrong or missing in my list.

Who would be your godly parent? smile.gif

ϟ The Big Three

* Zeus - God of the Skies, Honour, Justice, Lightning. The Lord of Olympus, Father of all Gods.

* Hades - God of the Underworld, Wealth, the Lord of the Dead.

* Poseidon - God of the Sea, Destruction, Earthquakes, Horses, Hurricanes, Water Bodies in general.

ϟ The Olympians

* Aphrodite - Goddess of Love, Beauty, Lust, Desire, Sexuality and Pleasure.

* Apollo - God of the Sun, Light, Healing, Music, Poetry, Archery and Prophecy.

* Ares - God of War.

* Artemis - Virgin Goddess of the Hunt, Moon, Chastity, Animals and the Wilderness.

* Athena - Virgin Goddess of Wisdom, Handicrafts, Useful Arts and Strategies.

* Demeter - Goddess of the Harvest, Agriculture, Fertility of the Earth, Mistress of the Seasons.

* Dionysus - God of Wine, Madness, Grape-Harvest, Theater and Parties, Vegetation.

* Hephaestus - God of Fire, Forges, Technology, Craftsmen, Sculptors, Volcanoes and Blacksmiths.

* Hera - Goddess of Marriage, Familial Love, Motherhood and Women.

* Hermes - God of Messengers, Travellers, Roads, Speed, Commerce, Thieves, Merchants, Athletes, and Mail Deliverers.

ϟ Other Gods and Goddesses/Minor Gods and Goddesses

* Eos - Minor Goddess of Dawn.

* Eris - Goddess of Discord, Chaos and Strife.

* Hecate - Virgin Goddess of Magic, Sorcery, Witchcraft, Crossroads, Trivial Knowledge and Necromancy. Goddess of the Mist.

* Hestia - Virgin Goddess of the Hearth.

* Hypnos - God of Sleep.

* Iris - Goddess of the Rainbow. Messenger of the Gods.

* Nemesis - Goddess of Balance, Justice, Retribution and Vengeance.

* Nyx - Goddess of Night.

* Persephone - Minor Goddess of Springtime, Flowers, Fertility and Young Life.

* Tartarus - God of the Abyss

* Tyche - Goddess of Luck and Chance.

...and several others.

Removed:

* Circe - Minor Goddess of Magic Witch.

* Hebe - Goddess of Youth Formerly a waitress of Olympus.

Thank you for the contributors. smile.gif

Edited by Slytherin7

Mine would be Athena ♥ smile.gif

Edit:

99% of the online quizzes tell me mine would be Athena. Seriously.

Once my result was Apollo. I will keep trying new quizzes. tongue.gif

However... I can relate to Athena.

But I know I am quite similar to Zeus as well, both when it comes to personality.

I am highly prideful, ambitious, stubborn, short tempered/easily angered, perfectionist, reclusive/loner/introverted and others (I'd rather not to talk too much about this haha).

So my godly parent would be either: Athena or Zeus.

Edited by Slytherin7

Do you mean who you would WANT to be your parent, or who would fit your personality and interests?

Edited by Nectaris

Do you mean who you would WANT to be your parent, or who would fit your personality and interests?

You can post both if you'd like smile.gif

Originally it was supposed to post who would fit the personality and interests best, but I reckon many people would post who they would want to be their parent. So you can include the informations in your posts x)

Edited by Slytherin7

Just a clarification. Some of your female "minor gods" are actually muses.

And Estia, not Ermis, is one of the big 12.

Edited by flitzthesoulreaper

I think Hecate or Athena- I'd like Athena, but Hecate seems fitting.

I think probably Artemis, I adore animals and get along better with them than I do other people. But I would also like Iris because RAINBOWS!!

I think Athena would fit me best, but I'd love to be the daughter of Hecate. That would be so awesome.

Hephaestus or Apollo

I am a writer and an artist, as well as a singer (among other things). Those two seem the best suited to breed that. However, I cannot speak for looks. If I had to guess I would say Hebe would be the best comparison (I really do sound vain, don't I?)

My passion for Greek mythology is a passion most people probably don't know I have. I read every single Percy Jackson book back in middle school and had all sorts of Greek mythology collections.

I've always felt some sort of connection to Artemis, I guess. I'd say she's my favorite. Next would be Athena.

Can't they all just be my parents? :P I can't pick one. I can't.

Out of the Big Three, Poseidon.

The Olympians: Artemis and Athena.

Other/minor: Circe, Eris, Nyx

Edited by glamoursea2

I am not a fan of Greek Mythology or the Percy Jacksons series, but I will choose one anyways. Using the method of choosing a God/Godess parent based on my personality or interests, I end up with the Greek Goddess Nemesis with my deep desires for justice and retribution in my everyday life.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Speaking from a mythology standpoint, none of the virgin goddesses would have children. Ever. Percy Jackson has a sort of cop-out with Athena but they were all very protective of their chastity and would never have children.

That being said, I would like to think of myself as being a child of Apollo because of my affinity towards the arts but, really, Ares suits me much more. I would so be the child of a war god.

The virgin goddesses include: Artemis, Athena, Hestia and Hecate.

Hates haha. Hopefully I spelled that right.

Edited by Destiny Arts

Speaking from a mythology standpoint, none of the virgin goddesses would have children. Ever. Percy Jackson has a sort of cop-out with Athena but they were all very protective of their chastity and would never have children.

That being said, I would like to think of myself as being a child of Apollo because of my affinity towards the arts but, really, Ares suits me much more. I would so be the child of a war god.

The virgin goddesses include: Artemis, Athena, Hestia and Hecate.

With that in mind, I guess my other choice personality wise would be Apollo...

...another choice might be Eros. He probably has a bunch of kids lol

Edited by Cecona

Most probably Hermes... except that thieves detail. No idea who would be my mom; if a goddess of total laziness and procrastination even exists, that would be her laugh.gif

Edited by Light Concorde

I'm feeling Athena or Apollo, they seem to fit!

i don't really think any of them totally fit me? the closest ones i can pick out are iris or circe. i mean i've always sort of aligned myself with water but i'm not sure about the horses and earthquakes part. :U

so i guess either iris or circe

Based off of my traits, probably Hera, because I am naturally very motherly and nurturing to little kids and I really want to have a fmily.

As for who I want, totally Hecate!

Hrmm tough (Especially since I'm used to the Roman names)

Probubbly Eris would be. And I'm perfectly happy with that