Ioanna

ϟ Which Greek God or Goddess would be your parent?

Apollo or Artemis for me. I like animals and nature, the Artemis side, and I have an affinity for archery and love sitting in the warmth of the sun in spring, on the Apollo side. It's hard to choose because the gods/goddesses have scattered interests and a bit of many of them are good fits. x3

Thanatos isn't a god. Tis' the literal word for "death" in Greek.

Alsom hello fellow Greek.

Actually, Thanatos and Hypnos are both gods. They're the sons of Nyx, the primordial goddess of night - they were originally concepts, but ancient Greeks deified them. Eris, the goddess of strife, is the same as these two - originally just a word, later a goddess.

...I've been into mythology since I was 8 and actually remember this stuff off the top of my head. Sad, huh? xd.png I even know pretty much every myth and god from Norse mythology~ (I've also delved into Greek, Roman, Japanese, Celtic, Egyptian and Finnish mythology. A bit of Mesopotamian and Hindu, too. Recently got into Zoroastrian myths.)

Edited by Beldarius

I would chose Artemis simply because I don't want to date anyone, plus, I simply adore animals

Athena. Any personality test I've ever taken leads to something around that.

if I cant have Cerberus I'll take Hades

odd question but how do they know those Goddess's are virgins and how come there are no virgin Gods

I would chose Artemis simply because I don't want to date anyone, plus, I simply adore animals

Hunting Godess, just sayin'.

As a fan of the PJatO/HoO books, I like to think that my godly parent would be Athena, and most of the quizzes I've taken seem to agree. Though I've also gotten Demeter a couple of times, and once even Hera (Like, what? o_O She doesn't have any demigod children, 'cause, y'know, the whole Goddess of Marriage and being faithful to Zeus bit. But I digress...).

I'd say Demeter, but only because I seem to gravitate toward men that aren't altogether the best for me.

In actuality, Apollo would probably be my God daddy.

if I cant have Cerberus I'll take Hades

odd question but how do they know those Goddess's are virgins and how come there are no virgin Gods

It's all a part of the mythology.

Artemis detests males, plain and simple. She nearly fell in love once but the dude was killed so nothing ever happened. She's notorious for turning men into deer and then tracking them down and killing them. I hope none of you people saying she'd be your parent are boys because that would happen to you too, along with the fact that she is absolutely adamant about the no children thing and even more adamant about no males.

Hestia swore to Zeus she would remain a virgin after both Apollo and Poseidon tried for her hand. She didn't want the rivalry to affect anyone so stepped out by going to Zeus and asking for his blessing in becoming a virgin forever. He accepted.

Athena has little mythology in regards to her being a virgin goddess but it most likely stems from the fact she is masculinized in her role at the time and, personally, I've come to the conclusion she is asexual.

There are, as far as I am aware, no virgin gods.

* Nemesis - Goddess of Balance, Justice, Retribution and Vengeance.

Given the many online quizzes I have taken, although none were about Greek Gods or Goddesses, I think this would be my closest match personality wise.

It's all a part of the mythology.

Artemis detests males, plain and simple. She nearly fell in love once but the dude was killed so nothing ever happened. She's notorious for turning men into deer and then tracking them down and killing them. I hope none of you people saying she'd be your parent are boys because that would happen to you too, along with the fact that she is absolutely adamant about the no children thing and even more adamant about no males.

Hestia swore to Zeus she would remain a virgin after both Apollo and Poseidon tried for her hand. She didn't want the rivalry to affect anyone so stepped out by going to Zeus and asking for his blessing in becoming a virgin forever. He accepted.

Athena has little mythology in regards to her being a virgin goddess but it most likely stems from the fact she is masculinized in her role at the time and, personally, I've come to the conclusion she is asexual.

There are, as far as I am aware, no virgin gods.

I used to know all that

I think I need to get back into Greek myths they are some of my favourites

According to a quiz, Apollo. But guessing from my interests, either Poseidon (cause I ride horses and I like to swim) or Hephaestus (my element is fire and I'm really good at crafting things)

Edited by Black Blaze

Lady Aphrodite, Queen of Doves and Love.

She fits rather well with my flirtacious attitude, and she's kind of a matriarch for homosexuality.

Hey smile.gif

I know it's a completely different subject but how do I write "Luke Castellan. Son of Hermes. A Hero" in Greek (in Greek Alphabet)?

I have found some translations but I can't really trust them. o_o

May someone PM me the translation please? Thank you! biggrin.gif

Edit: Someone's helped me. Thank you very much! smile.gif

Edited by Slytherin7

I've always felt a strong connection to Artemis. Always.

I'm not sure why, as I am not favorably inclined towards hunting in general, and that's her big thing (at least as far as later western artwork is concerned). My actual feelings on hunting are that I can't abide people killing for sport instead of necessity; I can accept hunting as a very natural and respectful way of obtaining one's food, as opposed to raising animals in cages, since it requires actual skill and also attending to the needs of the animal population (which ones are over- or under-populated, which ones should be left alive to bear or nurse their young or to mate for another season, etc.), I am just *strongly* against the idea of encouraging taking pleasure in the killing of another living being.

I love that she is associated with the moon, independence, virginity, young women, cycles and transitions, nature, and animals. I'm a 'night person,' always more alert and creative at night; I love the moon, stars, and planets and always try to add to my knowledge of constellations. I love the connotations of 'virgin' as a woman whose life is lived independently, not in the home, not married, betrothed, or bound to any man, not 'owned,' a woman whose sexuality belongs to herself; and the idea that Artemis wasn't interested in being with anyone who wasn't truly her love. I personally love doing archery -- I'm an instructor at summer camps -- and I love camping, riding horses, bird-watching, hiking, canoeing or kayaking, and the outdoors in general, so her association with wild nature also holds meaning for me.

Persephone or Nemesis. Spring is my favorite season and I like nature in general but I also have a strong sense of justice.

Ohhh! I would probably be a daughter of Athena, Hermes or Hades! My name means "wisdom" and I like to think of myself as smart! xd.png But I am also kind of extremely sly, and I think that half of my life was spent sneaking food from the kitchen! tongue.gif Plus I love snakes. <3 Finally, Hades because I love darkness. I'm like, a total ShadowClan cat!

Tyche is a goddess, also, she has her own cabin in Camp Half-Blood.

Originally, Tyche would be my mother if I could choose, but if not, Hephaestus or Hermes.

I would take Hades because if I ever died,I would be taken care.

Definitely Nyx. I use her Roman counterpart (Nox) to denote a dragon from my own lineage or a CB. ^^

I think Hestia might be a good goddess to have as a mother. But Dionysus might actually have more to do with my life.

I am curious as to why you took off Hebe Hera's daughter and Herakles's bride when he was raised to Godhood after his tasks. She wasn't a waitress she simply was the lower goddess who served the gods at the table. Ambrosia and nectar. She was also the goddess who represented young people sd Dionysus was for actors.

Also the Olympians are the 12 top gods and goddesses of Greek Mythology. Normally listed are

Zeus Hera

Poseidon Aphrodite

Hades Athena

Apollo Artemis

Hermes Hestia

Ares

Hephaestus

Demeter and Dionysus are popular deities with the common people as Demeter controls the harvest and Dionysus god of wine, grape harvests and parties/entertainment