MasterWeavile898

Be Yourself OOC

Just to clarify, even though it only affects a few people, no recognition whatsoever includes from outside the forums

EDIT: On some other issues:

Phoebe, the chat is the important part of the RP. If you can't understand it then, unfortunately, it may be better if you left. Not kicking you out. But that's basically the premise of the RP

Techno, you can drench the PC if you like. But do realize that it will short out and you will lose access to thr chat. As above, that's what the RP is about, so I would recommend against it

Backup, there wadn't a plate at first. But people assumed it there, which is fine. I assume it would be a white or cream ceramic plate, so it would break like that. And as Ayes said, no self-harming (beyond like scratches or stubbed toes, etc)

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Since I did not ever mention DC, I would find it unfair for the entire RP to be rebooted it or for me to delete my posts. I honestly think it would be easier if the DC parts were edited out of both the chat messages and the first-person perspective, but since I did not mention it, I can't speak for the matter.

Also, from what I can tell, the first instance of DC recognition was near the bottom of page 2 by SoiledLove.

All the users that mentioned DC at least once:

Backup

SoiledLove

Techno

Doctor

Ayes

Archios

PsychoCat

Yikes.

Since page 4 technically doesn't exist/matter, it's really most the posts on page 3 that are of concern, aside from SoiledLove's on page 2.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Yeah, I'll go back and edit. Perhaps something in the rules should be added to inform people about this?

Edited by Doctortear

Wow, now that I actually try to edit, I see just how much of a pain this is going to be. I'm really starting to think that we should delete all the posts before the mentioning of the forms. But even then, everything is going to go to hell.

Maybe not all the posts. Some interactions went a long way before a mention of DC. The combined Drako-Beguiled-Arceus-fuzzzzj chat never mentioned DC, except for Beguiled's last post in the chat.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

But me and Soiled actually know each other outside of DC, so even if we edit the posts we'll still end up recognizing each other.

That's fine, we just need to erase the whole thing about Dragon Cave. Also, you guys wouldn't know each other if you didn't know each others usernames. If you don't recognize Soil by her username and vice versa, then that won't really work.

continuity problems with conspiracies that were probably going to arise since everyone was from DC

What conspiracies? I'm not against it, but I obviously missed something and now I'm curious.

Master doesn't want us to mention the forums as it will create problems considering how some people may take it. We're suppose to edit all mentioning of the forums out.

I can edit pretty easily. I only really added the whole DC thing because it would be weird if I didn't recognize Weavile/Doc's names when I saw them >.<'

But yeah, I can fix my own posts. I think that is the best option so far.

EDIT: Post has been fixed.

Edited by Ayesthine

Haven't checked out edits yet. But I have made my decision.

I'm going to allow people to recognize each other within the following rules:

>1)If you met them outside of DC, you may not mention DC in any way

>2)If you met them on DC, you must have also spent extensive amounts of time speaking with them elsewhere. You still may not mention DC

>3)They must be using a recognizable username and/or you must be using one and one of you mentions it to the other

>4)NEVOR MENTION DC (tongue.gif)

I'll add this to the rules ASAP, which may be a while

Well that's for you to discuss with Master and Aye. But if Master says we don't mention DC, then we don't.

The problem with DC is the logic of many of the people trapped.

"I signed up for a dating site before I was brought here?"

"You did?! I did too! Maybe dating sites have something to do with this"

(some time later)

"We all signed up for dating sites before we were brought here. Therefore, the kidnapping is related to the dating sites.

And with DC it would be.

"I recognize your username from Dragcave. It's a site I get on to RP"

"Oh really? Because I in turn recognize a few people from dragcave. Let's talk to them!"

(some time later)

"We're all members of DC who RP. Therefore, the kidnapping must somehow be related to us being members of DC!"

This would not be a problem if the secret plot was that the only people kidnapped were from DC. However, this is probably not the case. DC creates problems with the fourth wall, and must be eliminated because of it.

What if we know someone from another RP site *Cough*Archanisland*Cough*?

Would we still be able to mention that?

Actually, I never mentioned DC. Techno uses two usernames (that I know of): Hypno Platypus (on FFN) and Techno Elf (on DC). In fact, I often refer to her as Techno, TE or Hypno in real life. If you don't remember that, Techno, you probably didn't listen carefully to what I called you, but I did use all three as well as your actual name interchangeably (is that the right word?).

What if we know someone from another RP site *Cough*Archanisland*Cough*?

Would we still be able to mention that?

I think that would be okay. If you RP there a lot then I should think you would recognize people