Fuzzbucket

Rejections

Would it help to see who a dragon rejected between breeding attempts ?  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here I iz, planning a lineage. One of the gentlemen involved has rejected a pretty lady. I THINK he has rejected another of the same breed, but this may be a typo on my part (I do keep records, but I've been away a lot.)

You can only see rejections now when both parties involved are up for breeding. Clearly I don't want to waste a lady on someone else, if she is the only one he might deign to mate with. But I can't check for a few days, and that is so frustrating. It would be very wonderful if rejections were listed on the dragon's page. OR - at least if ONE of them was up for it, you could see all the rejections at the bottom of the list, instead of just the ones that could breed but are greyed out - if that makes sense.

A list on the dragon's page - to be seen only by the owner - would be awesome.

Edited by fuzzbucket

omg yes

This would be fantastic! I think a list of all rejections would be nice. Not sure where it would go...maybe under Account. It can sit with the Active Transfers link.

Here I iz, planning a lineage. One of the gentlemen involved has rejected a pretty lady. I THINK he has rejected another of the same breed, but this may be a typo on my part (I do keep records, but I've been away a lot.)

You can only see rejections now when both parties involved are up for breeding. Clearly I don't want to waste a lady on someone else, if she is the only one he might deign to mate with. But I can't check for a few days, and that is so frustrating. It would be very wonderful if rejections were listed on the dragon's page. OR - at least if ONE of them was up for it, you could see all the rejections at the bottom of the list, instead of just the ones that could breed but are greyed out - if that makes sense.

A list on the dragon's page - to be seen only by the owner - would be awesome.

...maybe a "Show all previous mates" link on a dragon's page? Could be ranked by frequency and/or date, with rejections at the bottom. Something like that would be extremely handy. Could even be a modified progeny page, actually.

...maybe a "Show all previous mates" link on a dragon's page?  Could be ranked by frequency and/or date, with rejections at the bottom.  Something like that would be extremely handy.  Could even be a modified progeny page, actually.

Anything, as long as we can see them between breedings !

All previous mates might be a bit tough, she says, thinking of a few of hers...

This is another great idea, especially since I've had about 8 new refusals in the last two or three days, and I haven't recorded them. dry.gif

Oh, yes, PLEASE!

People lacking eidetic memory can't possibly keep track of thousands of dragons and do need to be able to check these things whenever necessary.

I know I've had problems getting mixed and repeatedly using one or another Holiday (limited) dragon as a mate that I'd intended to switch to another due to Refusals, but so many Refusals accumulate and my memory's so bad...

Oh yes please! I keep breeding my old dragons with their usual mates and forget which ones I needed to swap because a new dragon refused their intended mate... xd.png

Support! It sure would be nice to get more eggs instead of getting an egg only 10% of the time and everything else be a fail or a rejection.

Though, I thought I remember this had been how things were before. At the very bottom of the possible mates list the dragons that refused to go near the one you wished to breed it with would be in grey and was unable to breed with the selected dragon.

Support! It sure would be nice to get more eggs instead of getting an egg only 10% of the time and everything else be a fail or a rejection.

Though, I thought I remember this had been how things were before. At the very bottom of the possible mates list the dragons that refused to go near the one you wished to breed it with would be in grey and was unable to breed with the selected dragon.

They are. BUT - you can only see that when you go to breed. Which means that when one of them is on cooldown, that doesn't come up. My whole point is that I want to be able to see who rejected whom between breedings, not have to wait a week.

ok this sounds like a sort good idea but I saw the one of the dragons I was trying to breed with had a rejection at the bottom of the breeding list. I don't know if its the same for every one it seems it maybe iv only had one or two dragons that have rejected each other but it seems something is in place for it. and for between breeding i don't think it would work to well. it seem as theo the rejections get dropped to the bottom of the breeding list after one rejection

Edited by Count_23

ok this sounds like a sort good idea but I saw the one of the dragons I was trying to breed with had a rejection at the bottom of the breeding list. I don't know if its the same for every one it seems it maybe iv only had one or two dragons that have rejected each other but it seems something is in place for it. and for between breeding i don't think it would work to well. it seem as theo the rejections get dropped to the bottom of the breeding list after one rejection

Lol, that's the problem fuzzbucket is talking about - you can only see Refusals on the breeding pages of dragons when they're open.

You can't check to see which dragons you need to save a different dragon for as a mate unless everyone's open at the time.

This creates problems, so it would be really handy if we could see who Refused, to organize breedings, and if there's no Refusal, after that you can see them on the breeding page.

This is a great idea! I've used fertility on a dragon before forgetting it refused its intended mate and then have no other mate lined up and it's just kind of a disappointment. Sometimes you want to double check and one or more of the partners is on cool down. This would be a useful feature. Good thinking. o3o

This is a great idea! I've used fertility on a dragon before forgetting it refused its intended mate and then have no other mate lined up and it's just kind of a disappointment. Sometimes you want to double check and one or more of the partners is on cool down. This would be a useful feature. Good thinking. o3o

I would add a poll but I can't think how to word it, as some people seem not to understand what I am getting at xd.png

(But I was right and the naughty boy HAD rejected both of them... He won't get a baby at all at this rate !)

Edited by fuzzbucket

(But I was right and the naughty boy HAD rejected both of them... He won't get a baby at all at this rate !)

Perhaps he doesn't *want* to be a dad? He's probably a commitment-phobe. rolleyes.giftongue.gif

Perhaps he doesn't *want* to be a dad? He's probably a commitment-phobe. rolleyes.giftongue.gif

Thanks for that... sad.gif Must I Lose Hope, then ?

xd.png

Fantastic idea, in all so far discussed forms. But I do rather like a "previous mates" list. As for it being long.... Well, progeny and lineages already get quite long. And the information is already being saved.

Fuzz, try wording the poll like this:

Yes, I support some form of this idea

No, I dislike all forms of this idea / think its pointless

Unsure / tell me more

I don't understand the suggestion

I don't care / does not affect me

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

Yes, please! I was thinking of making this suggestion just the other day, when I had just bred a dragon but wanted to check his refusals. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to access that information at all times.

I support this idea. It would not only help if one of the dragons was on cooldown and therefore doesn't show on the breed list, but if they are both available it would still help me. With 3000+ dragons it is a lot of scrolling to get to the bottom of the list to find past refusals! And, due to Firefox issues, that lower part of my scroll on the breeding page is very dark and hard to read anyway. blink.gif

I support this idea. It would not only help if one of the dragons was on cooldown and therefore doesn't show on the breed list, but if they are both available it would still help me. With 3000+ dragons it is a lot of scrolling to get to the bottom of the list to find past refusals! And, due to Firefox issues, that lower part of my scroll on the breeding page is very dark and hard to read anyway. blink.gif

I get past that using the portal 2 light skin, but it is a PIA, as I don't LIKE it for my scroll, so I have to change specially !

That error seems to be gradually being fixed, or its something in the Windows vs Firefox vs Adons doing it, because while at work it happens, at home it doesn't. At home I'm on Windows 8.1, at work its Windows XP. FireFox and addons are the same for both. :/

Cheers!

C4.

Support smile.gif

Though I would already be happy to simply have the old "refusals" page back - sometimes it can be really helpful to have all the incompatible pairs on one page, 'coz then you can see at once which mates you can swap to continue.

Anyway, full support for this idea, ANY way of finding out previous refusals whenever I feel like looking them up will make me happy smile.gif

...maybe a "Show all previous mates" link on a dragon's page?  Could be ranked by frequency and/or date, with rejections at the bottom.  Something like that would be extremely handy.  Could even be a modified progeny page, actually.

Yes, please!

This would be PERFECT!

Edit: cyradis4, I have never had the darkening of the lineage page thing on FF after getting the puter with the Windows 8 on it - about the only improvement over XP that I can recall noticing so far, lol, but quite a major one.

I'd like to add to my original comment that:

the point having been made about info being already saved for the breeding page also applies to that of the lineage pages, which are available everywhere the sprite shows onsite - except for the breeding page, which lack entails people having to look up multiple dragons separately, virtually every time a new mate is sought for a dragon.

If recoding is to be considered for the purpose of making breeding information routinely available to players, I wondered whether it might, perhaps, be not much of an expansion of effort for TJ to also hook in the sprites shown on breeding pages to their respective lineage pages, so as to save the continual hassle and extra site/computer burdens of people having to bring up/carry additional scroll pages in order to separately locate, and check out lineages on, multiple dragons when breeding?

Naturally, I have no idea whether there's some particular problem having to do with the implementation of either of these issues, or whether coding in the breeding area for one of these would necessarily reduce steps perhaps taken in another area of coding involving (however broadly, lol) the same breeding page area, but thought I'd bring this up, in case.

The ability to accurately identify mates for dragons, both as regards Refusals and the appropriate re-allocation of mates, and the ability to click on dragons in the breeding pages to select desired mates, without extensive interruptions at the time of breeding, would also reduce breeding errors resulting from 'I'm pretty sure this one is suitable - ooooops!' selections and from those who might check for suitability were it possible to do so from the breeding page, but wind up throwing 'wince-ables' into the AP instead.

Edited by Syphoneira