Fuzzbucket

Rejections

Would it help to see who a dragon rejected between breeding attempts ?  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe this would work as an option on the Actions page. One a dragon refuses a mate for the first time, a link to "Refusals" shows up on the Actions page. So the page would be like:

[..]

Describe Give the dragon a description.

Breed Breed this dragon with a male, potentially producing eggs.

Refusals View a list of all mates this dragon has refused to breed with.

Another place it could work is in the right column of the dragon's page, under their progeny:

[...]

Last Bred: Mar 03, 2013

View Children

View Refused Mates

Edited by SlowHornpipe172

I would love SH's idea. I don't do boatloads of breeding but I imagine that when I do have the time for lineages this is what I'd want.

I don't care where it is. Just so we can SEE them even when the dragons involved are on cooldown ! My latest temper tantrum involved wanting to know about a pair I THOUGHT may have refused - one was up for breeding but the other had recently bred to another partner (my lot suck at monogamy xd.png) and so I STILL couldn't tell. There's no way to see until the day both dragons are available to breed sad.gif

Bump, as it has come up again in TLQ....

I support this suggestion! It's not like a deal breaker or anything but not being able to see refused pairs unless both of them are ready to breed has annoyed me more than once. For example, I had a Silver ready to breed and wanted to pair him with a specific female Ice, but she was still on cooldown for 5 more days. So I waited and waited those 5 days, went to breed them together and oops... they refused in the past! Come on, you couldn't have told me that several days ago? All that wasted time! xd.png

Like I said, it's not the worst thing but having the ability to view past refusals would be a lovely quality of life change.

I support this idea. Presumably dragons that reject each other totally do not like each other at all, and would not hang out together or socialize. If we were observing our dragons we would be able to see that a rejected pair avoided each other or acted aggressively toward each other so it would be obvious that they refuse to breed. So being able to see this even when the dragons aren't ready to breed yet would work within the lore of the game in my opinion.

I think even an adjustment to the action log would help. Instead of X dragon was bred with Y dragon, it would state that you bred them and they weren't interested, or didn't have an egg, or even rejected. It would help when occasionally my internet has goofed(or I goofed) and didn't get to see the message. All I knew was they didn't produce anything, I wasn't sure if it was a rejection or not.

I think even an adjustment to the action log would help. Instead of X dragon was bred with Y dragon, it would state that you bred them and they weren't interested, or didn't have an egg, or even rejected. It would help when occasionally my internet has goofed(or I goofed) and didn't get to see the message. All I knew was they didn't produce anything, I wasn't sure if it was a rejection or not.

The trouble with that is that with so many actions (name, fog and the like) it would vanish well before the week's cooldown was up...

The trouble with that is that with so many actions (name, fog and the like) it would vanish well before the week's cooldown was up...

Considering how much I want altered about the action log, if everything that has been suggested was done, then that wouldn't be a problem(showing more items, excluding useless actions like unhide/fog and naming). I just think it would be good idea of something to add to the growing pile of things needing to change with the action log.

It can still only show the last 100 actions. I have over 3000 dragons, and incubate and influence almost every one I get - I also breed. The refusals would have fallen off the page long before cooldown is over, even if that page spelt out that there had been a refusal - which it doesn't, as that isn't an ACTION on your part.

If a pair of dragons I had wanted to breed for a lineage is on cooldown - I know that I bred it. But I still can't tell until the end of cooldown whether I need to save that other dragon as a potential mate because it refused and needs a new partner, or whether I can get on and breed it with the next possibility, if you see what I mean.

I just had a particularly stubborn Silver refuse what I think is his 3rd, yep, THIRD Ice mate. But I can't check it against all my 2nd gen Silvers from Ices until they are all off cooldown. That means, I can't breed a single solitary one of them until next week, and that's just so I can juggle this lineage. Again. That's just....

We really, really need a "Previous Mates" list, which I like better than "Previous Refused" list. But anything at all is better than what we have!

What I was thinking, for a "Previous Mate" list:

Dragon bred with: ______ Number of times bred:

Dragon Name 1 _____________ 3

Dragon name 2 ___________ Rejected

Or something along those lines. That way, you can see not just rejected mates, but all of the ones you've bred with. I know that would help me a great deal in lineage planning, because I don't have to wait for everyone to be off cooldown.

Cheers!

C4.

Fine only if only the owner could see it and noone else could see it:P

Edited by Aniusia483

Fine only if only the owner could see it and noone else could see it:P

I'm pretty sure no one is suggesting that others be able to see this information. It is intended just as an aid to the breeder. It should be like the "last bred" date, which only the scroll owner can see.

Yes please! I'd love to have this feature again, even if it's just like the old page and only showed the last 10 or so (maybe last 20?) refusals. Perhaps it could be in 'Account' underneath the action log and say something like "Breeding Records"?

Yes please! I'd love to have this feature again, even if it's just like the old page and only showed the last 10 or so (maybe last 20?) refusals. Perhaps it could be in 'Account' underneath the action log and say something like "Breeding Records"?

We need to be able to see them all. I had to wait a week to breed another dragon. when I started this thread, because I couldn't see if he had refused the other mate I had lined up for him until BOTH were off cooldown, and I'd last bred him about 4 months before.

And yes, amazon_warrior, he has turned out to be a commitment phobe. sad.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

The other day I was attempting to breed my glaucus drakes and the only female refused her mate. The thing is, I'm unsure whether she has refused the OTHER only male I've got.

(to make it easy, I have two males and one female)

I would love if some sort of record was avaliable.

The other day I was attempting to breed my glaucus drakes and the only female refused her mate. The thing is, I'm unsure whether she has refused the OTHER only male I've got.

(to make it easy, I have two males and one female)

I would love if some sort of record was avaliable.

I envy you your refusal count. Mine stands at 339.

I NEED this ! Even If I do have my own records.

We need to be able to see them all. I had to wait a week to breed another dragon. when I started this thread, because I couldn't see if he had refused the other mate I had lined up for him until BOTH were off cooldown, and I'd last bred him about 4 months before.

Oh yes, I'd like to see all of them as well, but if for some reason they can't all be shown (site/server strain, coding issues, etc.) I'd rather see some than none. Sorry if I wasn't clear before. c:

Seeing the most recent does me no good, personally. Its the ones over time that are the biggest issue.

Cheers!

C4.

I would personally find this extremely handy, and I'm not even that frequent a breeder (which is probably why I can't remember who's rejected who half the time, ha ha!).

Full support

+1

Thumbs Up

And all that jazz!

Edited by Wahya

I think someone in this thread earlier mentioned something about a breed log page like the action log page. We've been asking for adjustments to the action log page for a while and I think one solution would be a filter like the scroll has - actions, breed specific actions, breeding - or such along with specific information like "no interest," "refusal," "successful breeding". As well as having a "see refusals" option on the actions page that would list all refusals the dragon has had. That all should cover it, yes? o.o

But yes, support. I hate looking through old dragons, realizing I have two that are perfect together, waiting to breed them together... and then realizing I already tried that a while ago and they refused. xP

I think someone in this thread earlier mentioned something about a breed log page like the action log page. We've been asking for adjustments to the action log page for a while and I think one solution would be a filter like the scroll has - actions, breed specific actions, breeding - or such along with specific information like "no interest," "refusal," "successful breeding". As well as having a "see refusals" option on the actions page that would list all refusals the dragon has had. That all should cover it, yes? o.o

But yes, support. I hate looking through old dragons, realizing I have two that are perfect together, waiting to breed them together... and then realizing I already tried that a while ago and they refused. xP

What I hate MUCH more is that I finally get a new CB (let's call the poor thing Flurpneb) for a lineage and I can't breed her to Kittypaws until I can be sure if Kittysilver already rejected Kittypaws, as I bred him to Kittyneb yesterday and he refused her and so he won't show up for a week (and I can't see HER rejections either) but if he DID I need to save Flurpneb for HIM.

If you see what I mean. Just to (be able to) see all past rejections on a dragon's page would be so VERY useful.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I like this idea. I don't usually have a problem tracking refusals (though I've come to expect that one of my new release pairs will always refuse and I'll have to swap mates!) but seeing them certainly wouldn't hurt as a reminder of what I need to replace. I like this log page for the outcomes of recent breedings as well.

Edited by Dimar

What I hate MUCH more is that I finally get a new CB (let's call the poor thing Flurpneb) for a lineage and I can't breed her to Kittypaws until I can be sure if Kittysilver already rejected Kittypaws, as I bred him to Kittyneb yesterday and he refused her and so he won't show up for a week (and I can't see HER rejections either) but if he DID I need to save Flurpneb for HIM.

If you see what I mean. Just to (be able to) see all past rejections on a dragon's page would be so VERY useful.

Sounds like what I went through when my Ices were all refusing each other.

I had 6 CB ices, and 5 refusals among the 9 possible pairings. blink.gif A list would make a situation like that much easier to sort through. I did write out my own list, but some way to see refusals at any time would be a great help in planning future breedings.