makenziec123

The Calling

Anytime ^-^

Also, I was reading the rule with the Light Barrier around the city thing, and it gave me an idea

The Vornapal Peace Guards are a large group of magic users who take turns standing guard at the city perimeter and combine their magic to create a giant light barrier. There will be cracks, obviously, but every non-caller first born will be given this job for at least five years, which they can choose to do whenever they wish, but must do at some point.

I like it, but that kind of interferes with some of the things I have planned a bit later. Also, I know this isn't exactly clear or even mentioned, but I picture the border as like a giant stone wall with a few heavy wooden doors- like an old castle kind of.

(( You have a stray .png attached to this emote:

(No powerplaying. Dragons can fly and all of them can breathe fire. If you decide to be a Giant and become too big, you will probably be hunted down first, as you are one of the biggest threats (literally xd.png.png).)

However, nothing to stop approval, so approved! If you change your mind and want the critique cleaned, just PM me. It's not difficult nor time consuming for me to do, so it really is up to you. Enjoy your RP!))

Thanks so much! biggrin.gif

Okay guys, we're ready to RP, but for the beginning, let's try and take it slow. A friend of mine from the real world shall be joining us next week and I want to make sure that he doesn't just get lost smile.gif

So the wall is kind of like the one in Game of Thrones?

For those of you that don't know what it is, the wall is a massive wall of stone and ice to separate the people from the north.

Not exactly. I'm thinking more something like this http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/castle-batt...ts-26780925.jpg

and then the border guards walk along the battlements, and there are three huge drawbridge-like doors. I'll go back to the map I drew and make a couple of marks where they'll be.

The doors would look something like this: http://ak1.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/2...-front-view.jpg

Edited by makenziec123

Yeah, we cant start again tongue.gif Hey Narath, are you okay with just starting over so that we can all begin at the same time? I think that would be easier.

((OOC: Sorry that I didn't respond earlier. I was biking around San-Fransisco Bay all day today. Please, no one mention biking to me ever again.

Yea, I'm fine with starting over. I'll just use my first post again though.))

Jacen

It was finally happening. He was finally off to do what he had dreamt for so long. Now that he had left his home country of Horusia to fight the enemy at their doorstep, the young man was slightly nervous. What if he messed up? What if he caused himself, or someone else harm accidentally? So many what ifs. But the gentle voice that had been there with him for a few years now had told him to press on, always encouraging him, always giving him advice. And now it beckoned for him to go to the mountains. Jacen was very frightened, but the voice soothed away those fears. He had no idea what it was, but he felt a deep connection with it. It seemed more trustworthy than anyone he had ever met. But all the same, his heart began to pound as he neared the border, and came within sight of the one who guarded it.

Vonagae

The Female Horror hisses through her sharp teeth, flapping her wings and leaping onto a Boulder and bellowing a howl, her furry head huge compared to her some what interesting features. The and grunts and growls as the other Puzzle Horrors start to emerge from their "homes". "Well..... What are you waiting for!!!" She growls, clawing the boulder, and crouching. "Have you seen any of those magic wielders?" She flicks her wolfish ears before raising her tail and stinging the closest human puzzler. She leaps into the air and flaps her wings hard soaring off into the sky, her scaly body writhing with worms. Her glowing eyes glance at the bleak land below her, "Dear Lord! We need food...." She folds her wings and swoops down at a quick pace, her leather halter and slave bottoms rustling in the wind... 'Wait...' The evil voice probes her mind as she pauses her descent. 'Today is the Callers day of travel.... Kill a Caller....' Pausing she hisses slightly and tilts her head, in thought. "Kill....Kill..." Screeching loudly she flies down and lands, adjusting her spine so she could run on all fours. She runs swiftly towards the area most Callers have been spotted.

Umbra

‘Geez, this is getting harder and harder.’ Sighing the young Caller sits on the plush black pillow, crossing her legs under her skirt. There is a floating orb of pure night in between her two open palms. ‘One more push….’ She mutters under her breath, as she mentally pushes with her mind she opens the void to the weapons of her choosing. “YES!” She laughs and falls backwards, the void open still; “Okay now to choose a weapon……” Reaching in the void she pulls out a huge axe, rubies and onyxes melded into it. There is a large Opal on the end of the hilt. “This could work….” She puts it back and reaches in again, pulling out some red glowing daggers, the blade crooked. “Oooh these could also work….” Looking up as she hears a knock she puts the weapons back and closes the void. “Coming!” She gets up and straightens the tail of her new outfit, her bare legs showing the tendril tattoos. Her Grandmother, an Elder Caller, is at the door an eyebrow raised. “Your Call has not been responded too yet?” The older womans' forehead creases as she sighs, “Just like your Mother….” Running a hand through her long hair the younger caller smiles cheekily at her grandmother, “I was actually just fixing to Start out. My Calling is getting louder each day.” The Grandmother sighs in relief and turns to leave, “I think you will find that I put something of your Mothers in your Satchel…” And with that the Grandmother leaves… ‘Hmmm I wonder what it is….’ Shrugging Umbra grabs her black cloak and ties it on, grabbing her things she adorns them and leaves the small cottage. Heading on the main road to the border she takes a deep breath and sighs, glad for her grandmothers advice about controlling her use of magic for dire situations.

Edited by Sylviinael

Scolisis

Scolisis flew through the air in a whirlwind of dark magic, coming closer to the Mountain of Callers, or so it was called by some Horrors, by every second. He laughed to himself as he flew through the air; the humans certainly had no hope in this war, even with those pesky dragons fighting on their side. Even so, he would not let any human enter what they called the Mountain of Endless Caves. They would have to get through him first.

((Yeah I'm just gunna recycle mine too. Maybe change it a bit smile.gif ))

Hannalea, guardian of the border between the world of Horrors and the rest of the world, stood like a sentinel at the gates that allowed humans entrance into the Badlands. A heavily armed guard stood on either side of her, but she already knew that they weren't really needed- nobody was exactly trying to get into the Badlands unless they were either a Caller or just plain dumb.

A young man walked up to the gates and she looked down at him.

"What business have you here young man?" She asked politely.

~~~~~

Amanda was flying. She was soaring through the clouds, looking down at the beautiful green land below her and enjoying the thrill of the rushing wind against her skin.

Then she felt little droplets of water... the ocean. With a scream, she tried to pull up and away, but her body fell into the cold salty water like it was made of lead, slowly dragging her deeper into the darkness...

"Gah!" Amanda gasped as she shot up in bed, jerking herself out of the all too familiar nightmare.

"Ugh... I hate that dream..." The fair-skinned beauty grumbled as she kicked her tangled sheets away from her long legs and slowly got out of bed, heading for the mirror that hung at one side of her room.

She summoned a tiny flame at the end of her finger and set alight the two fat, waxy candles that sat on either side of her reflection so that she could see to get ready. Today her father was taking her to the mainland for some kind of apprenticeship or something.

"We'll probably be going soon then..." She muttered, dragging a comb through her long curly brown hair.

She then wandered over to her closet, pulling out her favorite light green plaid skirt and solid light green shirt. Lastly she tied on her dark red traveling cloak, her family crest etched on the back in gold thread.

"Do not fear, young one. You have a destiny. When in doubt, follow your feet." The deep voice in the back of her mind reassured her.

~~~~~

"I can do this..." Roark thought as he quietly let out a breath, steadying his arrow on the target. He looked at his competition- a group of twenty people all with bows and throwing knives that had already been thrown deep into their respective target rings.

This was an exam for the Aresian army. The archery and long-range fighting division exam to be precise. The idea was to fire two to three arrows in quick succession- shooting one arrow through the other in what is commonly known as a "Robin Hood", and then to split the arrows once more with a sharp throwing knife.

The people with the most accuracy and speed would be accepted into the training school, sending each of them on an almost direct route to the front lines beyond the border.

"Maybe once I get to the Badlands I can figure out more about that little voice I keep hearing." He muttered to himself.

"You will. Don't worry Roark, you and I both know that you're going to get the best score out of all of them... just shoot." Said voice chimed in his head as he loosed his arrows and knives before his exam proctor could even blink.

~~~~~

Talibah listened to the little voice in her head once more, walking with one foot in front of the other as she moved towards the gate... the gate between The Badlands and Horusia.

"I'm not ready for this yet..." The dark complected woman thought as she turned, almost running over a young man in her haste to get away from the doorway, away from that soft, sweet voice.

"Talibah... What is it that you are so afraid of...?" The voice asked her. It had been calling out to her for years now, but even with their link he couldn't find a logical reason that the woman wanted to stay behind.

She didn't respond. She didn't know what to say.

Edited by makenziec123

Jacen

Jacen stood at attention as the woman at the gate addressed him.

"I wish to pass the gate ma'am." He said, his voice bold. "I've trained my whole life to fight Horrors, and now, I believe that I am ready."

He grew nervous once more. What if she refused him passage?

'Keep strong young one.' The voice said. 'You shall go in due time.'

Marley watched from a wooden bench as several people bustled about their daily lives. It seemed that not one of them had a sliver of what she was really planning. She had a very important job today: she was making a mental note of every human she took extra notice of, be it due to youth, power, or anything else special. Culling them, in a way. After all, poor little Christie - as she used to be called - was growing up. Soon people wouldn't be so keen to pity her. As she mulled over this a young man appeared at the gate, which was a little more than 50 or so feet from her. Taking interest she walked over to watch, keeping her distance. Maybe something of use would come from it.

Umbra:

Walking the short distance to the front gate she spots a man about a few years older than her. She tosses back her hair and stands up taller, though very short and lean. "Good Day Ma'am, Sirs." She respectfully greets them as she looks around to spot the brief glimpse of a small puzzle horror dashing into the distance. "May we pass? I am ready to face my future and I believe this charming man is too." Tapping her temple like she does whenever shes in thought Umbra goes over the request in her head to make sure she was polite and not bossy.

Vonagae:

Her glowing eyes flicker as she spots the front gate of the Callers. Licking her snout greedily she walks slowly into the distance, her long Scorpius tail raising slowly. "Fooooood..." Growling hungrily she stays a distance away from the gates, her body trembling with excitement and in hunger. "You....Pretty's....Will be my meal!" She giggles manically and lets out the booming roar of a panther, knowing the Callers will hear it it's so loud.