Tiga

Armored Warriors

user posted image

"Well then...actually...would it be okay if I were to come by you to give you something......special?~"

Icarus raised his head, his tail twitching as he thought. This sudden switch, from being almost formal to offering something to him, confused and excited him. No other hatchling had tried to give him anything, and Aqua was the only one who said anything that was a compliment. But this was an offer to give him, Icarus, something that was solid and important.

Something special? Really? Why would I get something special? Is it because I'm blind? Is being blind mean that I am supposed to get special things?

All of these questions and more whirled around in the hatchlings head, and Icarus almost missed the other question.

"Also...What's your name?"

The hatchling spoke quickly, his mind already made up and an answer cut up to be quick and positive.

"My name is Icarus and...it would be okay."

user posted image

Seeing the dire situation that the little Winter Magi had gotten himself into, he looked at Icarus and shook his head. Thece then shot a dirty look towards Aqua who appeared to be having the time of her life.

"Prala... If I find that hatchling has been hurt, I will see to it personally that you get stripped of your trainer rank and what happens to him will happen to you tenfold." He whispered dangerously with an irate tone in his voice. The threats were becoming too much and Thece wanted to make sure it would stop, at least even for today.

user posted image

Prala smiled at him . "And what makes you say that I'll kill him? Hmm?" She whispered back. "Maybe what your think is actually very wrong...maybe I was only going to give him a gold ribbon." She laughed. "Thece, you're too serious!~ Calm down a bit! There's absolutely nothing wrong with a little tease in their tea cups!~" She exclaimed. Prala frowned a bit. "It'll be sad if your life goes out with a bang after you've been hanged." She muttered. The white faced towards the ground and went into deep thinking. Now...what should I do? She thought.

user posted image

This was all confusing. There seemed to be another dragon nearby, one that didn't seem to like the dragon he was talking to. Icarus hadn't heard what he said, but the other dragons reply wasn't that angry or anything.

I'm going to get a...gold ribbon? What's that? It must be important, since they called it special and all!....What does 'hanged' mean? Is it important? They said that it was 'sad', but also implied that it was sad that the other dragons 'life' would go out with a 'bang'. So, does that mean that 'hanged' is not bad or sad, but that something that goes 'out with a bang' is sad?

Though it wasn't very deep thinking but speculation, Icarus found all this rather curious and interesting. The dragon he was talking to seemed different from the others he spoke to, and seemed to know what they were doing. All the other background noise about 'gatherers' was just that, background noise. It was most definitely not as important as the dragon he was talking to and the one that seemed irritated.

Keeping his head up, Icarus decided to not say anything at all and just wait. While he would have liked to find out why the other dragon didn't like the one he was talking to, the hatchling didn't want to intrude on any thoughts or words. He had to remind himself that he was supposed to do what he was told.

Though he still kind of wanted the 'special' gold ribbon.

user posted image

Thece wanted lash out with another comment but seeing as Prala's sing-song atmosphere will only get him more irate and Prala had just ended the conversation and now was thinking deeply, Thece didn't bother to reply and just gave a dissatisfied grunt.

user posted image

Aqua looked on to the bickering of the White and the legless dragon. Well, the blue one did more of the bickering than the white one. She found it amusing that the two were not fond of each other. Why do they dislike each other so much? She questioned herself. Aqua was not yet aware of 'Hate' and did not understand the relationship between the two.

user posted image

Shade barely understood what was going on the. The adults and other hatchlings were milling around while Shade sat there. Icarus seemed to be at the center of attention.

Good... I will be good to have them focused on another hatchling, if my 'condition' can go unnoticed, I should be able to treated the same as everyone else, maybe even be called normal!

Shade's eyes twinkled at the thought of being normal. Something he never had felt in the days at home. The other Glory Drakes kept their children away from him, some calling him diseased, others calling him cursed. Both hurt equally, but the thought that that might not apply here made Shade relax. Living here might not be that bad after all...

user posted image

Name: Azet

Job: Healer

Breed: White

Azet looked at the other white scared but intrigued.

"Why do you like to dissect others, also like I said before what are we going to do now? Well not really in exact words but ya' know what I mean." She said to Prala.

Her mind wandered with how she could reply. Hopefully she doesn't want to dissect me for asking... Azet thought terrified. She's cool but frightening. Is that good or bad? Will I end up like her? No, mom didn't. We all have our own personalities. She reassured herself.

"Also when do we get wings?!?" The small dragon asked excitedly.

I truly wonder when I will get wings. She thought in awe. Flying in the air helping others.

user posted image

The white looked at the white hatchling. "well, what do ya kno, a mini version of myself...I used to be like that myself too...continuing on though...I like doing that because it's simply interesting see." Prala smiled as she answered one of the hatchling's questions. "What we're going to do now...? That I'm not sure...What's your name...?" She 'answered' the second question. "The third one...Ah...I forgot." She stated and stuck her tongue out, 'embarrassed'. "The wings aren't probably going to burst out for a while...Patience is suppose to be the key...or...so they say..." Prala shrugged and smiled creepily. She looked at her ribbon tied onto he tail. She undid the ribbon once again and looked at the white hatchling.

user posted image

Name: Azet

Job: Healer

Breed: White

"well, what do ya kno, a mini version of myself...I used to be like that myself too...continuing on though...I like doing that because it's simply interesting see."

"Hmmm...." She said.

"What we're going to do now...? That I'm not sure...What's your name...?"

"I'm Azet!" The dragon said with a perky tone.

"The third one...Ah...I forgot. The wings aren't probably going to burst out for a while...Patience is suppose to be the key...or...so they say..."

"Well that sucks." Azet sighed. "I guess I'll have to be patient."

She shuffled her paws and swished her tail. The dragon looked at the sky.

"C'mon wings grow! Wait... That's not being patient."

She looked back at Prala.

Her wings are so big why can't I have wings yet? Azet pouted in her mind.

Edited by kingcobra2018

Legend if korra told me I can start......

Akasha walked along slowly as her tail trailed behind her, her ribs were showing and she was dangerously thin. After her foster mother never returned she had been traveling like this. She couldn't hunt because of her lack of experience, so she was suffering malnutrition. Her newly hatched body couldn't take the fact that she is starving. As what seemed to be the millionth step, she gave up and coiled into a tight ball of scales and horns as she just stayed there, trying to imitate a adult dragon hibernating.

Edited by natukiro

((Stop making me depressed, I've just finished watching grave of the fireflies ;n;))

user posted image

Aqua looked around for the Hunter trainers. Four possibilities had just been gone so Aqua tried to deduct who was her trainer. The female Black seemed a bit too violent to be a hunter and the Spitfire breathed incredibly hot fire which could be felt from where Aqua was standing. The Bluna looked wise but a bit wimpy compared to the other dragons. She tried to work it out but she gave up in the end and waited for them to be called out.

((Sorry for short post))

"Okay all of you, SHUT UP!!!!" Lithi shouted, trying to silence the dragons. "Dammit you guys!" She hissed. "If you are a healer, please sit behind your trainers. If you are a gatherer, stand behind your trainers," Lithi explained, impatience boiling up in her.

(Gotta go, sorry for the short post))

((OOC: First post FTW!! biggrin.gif ))

user posted image

"We'll be late soon! Why isn't it hatching?!"

Those were the first words heard by the unborn hatchling, made from its worrying mother. It couldn't understand these sounds, but they definitely woke it up. The first things it noticed was that it was dark and cold. No like dark. No like cold. Want light! Want warm! It thought. As it pondered what these meant and how it understood them, something shook. A loud noise was heard, and it made the hatchling hit something hard. "I'll keep slamming my tail until it comes out, then!!" roared a deeper voice from outside. The hatchling, frightened out of its mind, frantically kicked and clawed at the wall in front of it. A piece fell, then another. A hole formed, and got bigger. Light poured in. Light! Like light! Need more! it thought. Giving one last kick, the hatchling broke free and tumbled onto the ground. Stunned and blinded, it laid still. "There! Now we can go to the meeting! the deep voice from before said. "Yes, but it's scared out of its mind!! I'll handle it from here." the lighter voice said angrily. Unblinded, the hatchling stood on its wobbly legs and looked around. It saw a green dragon with yellow stripes and a darker green, ferocious-looking dragon. Mommy, Daddy. it thought. Voicing this, it said, "M-momma, P-papa." "Shh, I'm right here." the mother said. She picked the hatchling up and cooed softly, "You're such a lovely green color... And you're a sweet girl, too. I know! Your name is Chlora." "Wonderful! It has a name! Now we can GO! Now, or we'll be late! Father said. With that, he took off, and Chlora in Mommy's arms, Mommy followed Father. I wonder where we're going? Chlora wondered. "W-where go?" she said. "Somewhere important, love." Mommy replied. With that, they landed someplace strange and waited in a long line of other dragons.

Edited by Lilac_Lily

((Sorry to keep you guys waiting, I was playing Portal 2 (for a millionth time this year) and got a bit carried away laugh.gif))

user posted image

Somni playfully raised her paws at Hitomo, now encouraged. "Come here!" She jumped towards the further part of the camp, away from the fire, where a layer of untouched snow lay. "This is snow." She scraped a bit of white substance from the ground, showing it to the hatchling. It melted inside her paw. "I didn't know about it either, but I heard some other hatchlings talking about it. I'm not sure what it's made of though. It dissapears when you hold it, leaving water. And it's really cold. But you can draw in it!" She was happy to be playing. She never did that before. Crouching down, she streched her paws in front of herself and started dragging her claws on the white surface of the ground. She was making waves, just like those in the desert. She then remembered about the hatchlings other question. "You don't know about sand? It's very pretty you know. And hot. And when wind blows it goes up in the air and swirls around..." She raised to her back legs, circling around, mimicking the movement of sand. She then stumbled and fell, laughing. Then she continued drawing, looking sometimes at the other hatchling, wondering what will he draw. I never played before, but I like it. She concluded.

user posted image

Verita listened there "trainers" talk, whoever they were. It seemed that they called out for some hatchling, some "healers" and "gatherers". She didn't know what those were either. She believed that there were only "warriors", like her. Her parents never mentioned any other. She watched carefully at what happened around her. There was a white dragon, a "healer trainer" that other hatchlings seemed somewhat scared of. She didn't like her either. Then there was this blue dragon with no legs that argued with a fierce-looking brown dragon with blue stripes. And then there was the black dragon which looked similar to her mother, and she seemed to be a leader. Of course, she thought.

Some of the adults seemed focused to a shiny little hatchling that looked lost. He said that he was blind. All of this confused Verita, but she kept sitting motionlessly, keeping her head up, paying attention to everything that happened around her. That's what her parents told her to do. It felt uncomfortable.

user posted image

Tahai looked at the happenings around the fire with an indifferent look. He eyed the hatchlings that gathered around the fire, guessing which ones will he teach. He haven't spoken a word since provoking the Bluna, and he had no intention to do so either. First hatchling that caught his eye was a sickly looking Neglected. He didn't like that such a hatchling was here at all, but he was sure that he was not going to teach it. Then there was a Night Glory with a strange skin color. He was a healer... or was it a gatherer...? It didn't matter though. And then there was a blind Winter Magi. Who in his right mind would choose a blind hatchling for a possibly deadly quest?

Happy that he wasn't going to teach any of these hatchlings he continued to eye others. There were some promising ones. But he thought that something was strange, like there wasn't the right number of little critters here. "Hey, are there any hatchlings missing?" He asked no one in particular, but loud enough that all of the trainers would hear him.

Edited by dreamgirl5

As Akasha slowly limped up at the sound of growling she noticed animals watching her, their hungry eyes shone in the dark as she slowly crept away. As she walked her heart skipped a beat as she saw wolfs lunging at her as she roared her small hatchling roar and ran for it as a wolf nipped her back and took a chunk out of it as she howled in pain but kept running in a blind direction, leaving a small trial of blood behind as she nimbly crawled into a hole in a tree. As she peeked her head out, wolfs were circling the tree and growling, as she stuck it out even more a wolf tried to snatch her snout as she jumped back into the small hollow.

user posted image

Jong shuffled further back, before jumping bounding his way to stand behind the healer trainers. At least, he hoped they were his trainers. 'Are these the healer trainers?!' he asked louder than he had meant to. Immediately afterwards, he sat down calmly and was still, looking around to check he recognised any of the people had already spoken to.

After the wolves left, Akasha came scuffling out the tree after the wolves have gone she trampled on blindly as she felt light headed as her legs just went forward. As she became conscious again she smelled dragons as she looked at the camp, as she heard Jong she quickly tried to hide as her tail hit a tree as the birds quickly flew out.

Edited by natukiro

user posted image

Chlora was getting bored. She looked around. They were almost first in line, but Chlora wasn't sure if that was good or bad. Mommy had let her walk when several dragons were still ahead. It felt good to walk, but now she could see the Elders, and was a bit afraid... but still bored. It feels like we've been here forever! ...what's 'forever'? Forever, forest, tree, tall, time, long... Aha! Long time! Forever means a long time. But... what 'time'? As Chlora pondered this, Mommy scooped her up and kissed her.

"You're up next, Chlora. Make us proud, my little leaf." Mommy said. She set Chlora down, and backed away. Father was staring with a hard stare, as if to say, 'Do good and make me proud, or suffer my wrath!'

Afraid, Chlora walked forward cautiously, watching the Elder's reactions. A large dragon walked up to her, and said with a booming voice, "Name."

Chlora remembered Mommy had said, "Your name is Chlora." Chlora spoke up and strongly said, "Chlora! My name is Chlora!" The large dragon walked back to the other dragons, and they murmured amongst themselves. The large dragon returned and said said, "You are a Planner. You have five minutes to say good-bye to your parents." Chlora ran back to her parents and said, "I'm a Planner, I'm a Planner!" She noticed her father was smiling about this, but Mommy seemed both happy and sad. "Yes, you are. Good luck, my Leaf." "Make us proud, daughter of mine." And with that, a guard came and took her away. "Bye-bye, Mommy! Bye-bye, Papa!" Chlora called sadly. Looking ahead, she saw a camp filled with young dragons like her, and a few Adult dragons. Chlora ran to them and sat next to a black, simply intent on hearing what the Adults were saying. It sounded like they were splitting up the hatchlings into Healers and Gatherers, but not Planners. At least, not yet.

user posted image

"Okay all of you, SHUT UP!!!!" "If you are a healer, please sit behind your trainers. If you are a gatherer, stand behind your trainers,"

Icarus had listened quietly to all of the talking around him with his head bowed, but the hatchling wasn't really paying much attention to the words themselves. The yelling from another dragon broke him out of his thoughts, however, and Icarus raised his head up and curled his tail tighter around his legs. He was already sitting, and he assumed that he was around his 'trainers' already. The one who had picked him up and moved him seemed to be one of the healers, though he wasn't one hundred percent sure.

Letting out a little sigh, Icarus wondered what this all really was about. All he knew was that there were healers, gatherers, and planners. Why they were all here and what for was a complete mystery at the moment.

Why would we all need to be here? A healer helps people, a planner decides what others do, a gatherer...uh...I think finds things? There's too many of us to just be split into three groups, so I'm guessing that there are more jobs. But why? What is this really all for? Are they going to tell us once they are done introducing the trainers? Ugh, why is this so confusing?

user posted image

Chlora was getting rather bored, since she hadn't been called. She started fiddling around in the snow, aimlessly drawing... something. Will I ever be called on, me or my Planner group? When? Why am I even here, away from Mommy? Mommy said it was something important, so I have to believe her. This must be something very important that we hatchlings need to do on our own. But still, what is it? As Chlora pondered these, she noticed exactly what she was drawing: A nearby hatchling she'd noticed, one that was green, like her, but looked weak. Chlora stood up and walked to the hatchling, slowly but curiously. Tail twitching, she asked, "Hi. I'm Chlora. Who are you?" Chlora sat next to him, curiously sniffing him. "Want to be friends? What's your job? Mine's planner!" She said, tail twitching all the more.

Akasha was thrusted in front of a healer " use her as a practice for the new healers " one of them mumbled bitterly as they walked away. Looking up, she saw the dragon peering down at her, it's gaze felt like it pierced her heart. As she saw Chlora, who seemed her at, playing in snow as she rushed outside hiding behind the newly hatched.

Edited by natukiro

Oblivion sat there watching everyone with a close eye,a new green hatchling came into the camp and there seemingly was a fuss at the healer's tent.

A little 'thing' came running from the tent and stood behind the new green hatchling.

Oblivion got up from the fire and with his hunter instinct talking,he leapt from the middle of the group he was sitting in and jumped on the little 'thing' propably frightneing it.

He backed off when he noticed it was a wounded dragon.

"I believe you are wounded,the healers are only here to help you"He said with a tender voice.

"If you need any help,just ask me and i will be more than glad to help you"he added with a smile,propably calming down the little hatchling.

He looked back at the adults,he realized that all most of the hatchlings and adults were looking at him and that the grey dragon was intrested in him.

((Sorry,no colors,pictures i posted this from my mobile phone :/ ))

user posted image

Verita shifted uncomfortably. She didn't know what was going on around her and she didn't like it. Her parents have only told her about warriors and she didn't know what those gatherers and healers and trainers were. Even though they told her not to ask unnecessary questions, she decided that she had to find out what was going around her. She looked around herself, examining the hatchlings around her, when she saw a blue-and-white hatchling sitting nearby. It didn't seem to have back legs, but it already had wings. Is it older than us? Verita wondered. If it is, then it would be a great choice to ask that hatchling. She walked towards her, staggering, trying to think of a sentence. "Um hey... can you... t...ell me what is happening h-here?" She made a grimace when she heard how the sentence came out. "Who are those... gath-erers and... healers and trainers? I... I never heard of them, only warriors..." I'm so very bad at this. I should have just kept quiet. "Oh, I'm Verita." She added when she realized that she didn't introduce herself. "You?"