Tiga

Armored Warriors

Rei's eyes were wide with panic. He dug his claws into the soft earth as his heart began to pound. Loudly. Keep calm, keep calm the voices inside his head chanted. What was calm?

Realizing that he was making himself a total fool for stand there, he walked up to the Gatherer's tent. He continued, only to be cut off by another hatchling. Rei gulped as he stepped into the tent, his eyes wide. (his persona will kick in soon)

user posted image

Somni staggered and curled closer to her parents, who were shielding her from a strong sandstorm. Just a few minutes earlier they saw a large cloud swirling towards them. Her parents shortly explained to her what it is, and how dangerous it can be. They hurried to find some shelter, as it was impossible to fly. Finally, at the last moment they found a small canal in the sand that was probably made by wind, but it was enough. Sheltering behind it, they were hit with a horrible mixture of wind and sand, which blinded you and desoriented. Somni was terrified. She was with her parents only two days, and this was the most awful thing she saw in that short time. It was even scarier than that dragon that attacked her father yesterday: both of her parents had a shiny armor; her father's looked very complicated, and was full of spikes, even on his tail. Her mother's armor looked somewhat simplier, with spikes being smaller and more elegant; there were swirls on the headpiece around the horns and the spikes on the body armour. She had armor on her tail too, but on its end was a sharp blade. The dragon that attacked them seemed to want to take father's armor. He was huge compared to her, but smaller than her parents. His body had the same color as the sand, his wings were damaged and stripes that he had over his body looked just like the shiny blue fire he spat from his mouth. Her father fought with him for a short while, easily shooing him away. The dragon seemed starved and desperate, and strangely, he didn't have an armor. After that, her parents explained her what happens when a dragon looses his armor. She didn't quite understand what they meant. What are those armors for, anyway? She thought to herself. But she believed that she will understand it once she's older.

Her parents have spent the last couple days teaching her many things: how to speak, how to walk and run: they said that she was very fast for a hatchling, but she would always trip and fall after a few steps; they were teaching her how to live in the desert. But they were trying so hard to tell her as many things as they could, as if they won't have enough time for that. They even told her about wonders of flying. Somni didn't really mind that, taking that she was a curious hatchling and liked exploring, even though the desert was hostile; the sun burned her skin and sand would sometimes fly into her eyes, making her already poor hatchling eyesight even worse. But she coped with it; she even got used to the heat.

The sandstorm started to calm down, and a few minutes later everything was still again, except for an occasinal gust of wind. Her parents moved away, shaking sand from their wings and armor. Somni poked out and looked around herself. There was a large circle in the sand where they were lying. She looked around in awe; everything around her changed. Where previously were hills the sand now layed flat. The wind made wonderful dunes in it. She started to doze off, looking at the dents on the intact surface of the desert. Everything looked new and unfamiliar. There were no prints of animals, no twigs or other things that they left behind themselves; she will be the first to leave her footprint on this new... "...and that's why we have to take her to the Elders." Somni suddenly realised that her mother was talking to her all this time. She turned to them and blinked in confusion. It wasn't the first time that she got lost in her thoughts. "W-what?" She asked carefully. Her mother sighed, but didn't comment. Instead, she told her everything again. About the armor, the metal, the Elders... "But we believe... um, we hope that they wont choose you." Her father added at the end. Her parents already noticed that she was smaller than other hatchlings of their species and that her color was somewhat paler than the dark blue of a Thunder dragon. At first they thought that she might have just hatched earlier than she should, and that her color will get better within a couple days, but it stayed the same. They weren't too worried about it though, they were even somewhat happy as it didn't seem to affect her physical health in any way and they believed that the Elders won't choose her because of it.

"But if you think they wont choose me, why do I even have to go there?" Somni streched up on her back legs, looking up at her parents.

"Everyone has to go." Her father answered shortly.

After a short while her father picked her up and the three of them started flying towards the mountains.

((Umm, sorry for the long post, I was kinda bored happy.gif' ))

user posted image

Jong had known he was different as soon as he hatched from his egg. Shockingly weak compared to the others, it didn't take long before his brothers and sister had brought up the clipped tip of his ear, something they did not have. His mother, Yeng, being the open and direct matriarch of the small Black Tea Dragon clan that resided in the middle of the desert, had no qualms about saying outright, 'Your brother is deformed, as his egg was attacked by a Spitfire Dragon. Yours, however, were not.' She then promptly left and allowed the suspicious sidelong glances to begin. After the first few days of his existence were up, Yeng decided it was time to take her six hatchlings to the Elders for judgment.

She expected Kung and Fong to be warriors. Sung could be a gatherer. Jong, however, was nothing, really. He was the deformed runt of the litter and wasn't expected to do much. 'Just sit there and try not embarrass your siblings,' Yeng hissed. To be frank, Jong knew that if it was not against the rules, she would have left a certain one of her hatchlings behind.

Standing before the Elders was like standing before an audience during a performance - of course, Jong didn't know that, but that was how he felt. His tiny legs knocked and his butterfly-filled bubbled with adrenaline as he stepped forward with his family. The tall Dragon before him looked exotic and strange, with bright purple and blue fan-like wings. She pointed to Kung, 'No.' Then to Fong, 'No.' Then Sung and Reng and Yong, all 'No.' Finally she looked at the little Jong, before she sniffed the air around him. 'You. Name.'

'Um ... J-Jong,' he mumbled. He hoped she heard him, he didn't ant to say it again.

'Jong the Black Tea Dragon hatchling, you are to enter the camp and serve as one of our healer students. Do you have objections?' she spoke quickly.

'Err ... well -'

'Excellent. And you,' she turned to his mother. 'Say your goodbyes.'

Yeng waited for the Ridgewing to leave before turning to Jong and hissing, 'Do not embarrass me.'

She then left, and Jong was taken by a large Red Dragon, his heavy, muscular wings pushing Jong forward. Before he knew what was actually happening, Jong was standing in the camp, looking around anxiously. It looked like people were going into the tent over there (the Gatherers' tent). Should he go in as well? Plucking the tiny bud of courage he had, he walked forward and stepped inside. 'Hello?' he whimpered.

((Hi!! I'm new smile.gif ))

((Hi there! Welcome! biggrin.gif ))

user posted image

Somni was holding tightly at her father's hand. He and her mother were carrying her to the Elders. She wasn't too scared; if her parents believed she will stay with them, then she was confident that's true. Instead, she enjoyed her first flight. How the wind blew around her; the feeling of freedom... it all made her tingle with electricity. She found herself sneezing and shooting sparkles around herself. It sometimes would happen to her and she didn't know how to control it yet, but she liked it.

Suddenly, she saw more dragons join them in flight. She never saw other other dragons except for her parents and that one that attacked them... Spitfire, her mother called him. She bent her head, trying to hide from those new creatures. But there were more and more of them with every minute. She realised all of them carried hatchlings.

They finally came to the clearing. Somni was surprised at how many dragons were standing in a line; hatchlings and their parents. Some were smaller than her, but some were far larger and scary looking. She curled closer to her parents.

The line was slowly moving, and before she knew it, Somni was only a few hatchlings away from the Elders. She closesly looked at how they were being examined. Most of them weren't accepted, but she saw some of them being taken away after saying goodbyes to their parents. She was sure she won't be taken, but a tiny feeling of doubt filled her and, before she knew it, she was imagining what would happen if they chose her. Her parents told her about hunters, gatherers, warriors, healers and planners. They explained what each of them does, but she still didn't understand fully what some of them would do. Planners and healers confused her. She didn't know anything about magic yet, and she thought that she wouldn't be a good healer. She wouldn't be a warrior either, as looking at her father fight was really unpleasant. But she might enjoy being a gatherer, or a hunter. Her mother once brought her an animal to eat. It was small and had red fur. What was it called...? Squirrel, she remembered. She imagined herself flying low between those... trees, that was the name, chasing after a small reddish creat-

"Hey, you are next!" A deep, unfamiliar and forbidding voice suddenly woke her up from her daydream. A large dragon was standing over her. He looked annoyed. It was actually a guardian that came to tell her that she is next to be judged by the Elders, but Somni didn't realise that. She instinctively sprung up to her feet, almost tripping in the process, and started running away. She hit something and, blinded with fear, she shoot out a small bolt of electricity. Of course, she fell down, but she soon got up again, quickly spinning around on her feet. Then she looked up and sat down, petrified. She realised that the thing she bumped into was actually a dragon. A very old looking one at that. One of the Elders. She tried to mutter out an apology, but no sound came out of her mouth. "What is your name?" The dragon asked. "A-aa-a... S-s-somni...." She whispered and lowered her head. "What was that? Could you repeat please?" The Elder tilted his head. "Umm, S-somni." She reapeated, this time with slightly more confidence. The Elder just nodded and turned around to a group of dragons, discussing quietly. Finally, after which seemed like forever he turned back at her. "You will be a warrior." Somni froze. No, no, this can't be happening... "Go and say your goodbyes. You have five minutes." She turned around, walking stiffly. Am I dreaming? But she wasn't. Her parents knew she was choosen as soon as they saw her. They looked at her, worry on their faces. "W-w-warrior." She muttered quietly. Her parents were saying something to her, but she couldn't hear them. The hugged for one last time when a dragon came to take her away.

She was led to a large clearing circled with tents. A large fire was burning in the middle and some hatchlings were gathered around it. The dragon was explaining something to her, but she wasn't following her talk. They stopped in front of one of the tents. "...and this is the warrior's tent. You can go inside and meet other hatchlings." She then walked away, leaving Somni alone. She sat down in front of the tent, reluctant to come in. She wasn't sure what to do next.

user posted image

Jong suddenly felt the butterflies rise in his stomach and he dashed from the tent in fear. Whimpering, he tripped over his own feet and his head slammed into the ground. Sore, nervous and confused, he sat up and looked around. He had never left the desert and the tall mountains that loomed over the camp were terrifying and dark, as if someone had painted darkness over half of Jong's vision. Moaning in sadness again, he looked around to see the small Thunder Dragon sitting outside of another tent. Jong waved shyly, before plucking up the courage to say hello.

Walking over to speak, he tripped again and skidded to the hatchling's feet. 'Hello,' he said, his voice muffled by the dirt in his face. 'I'm Jong.'

Azet

"...You will be a healer. Say goodbye to your parents." Azet stood there terrified. She ran to her mom. "Mom I'm a I'm a healer. Goodbye. She started to sniffle as their last moments vanished. "Goodbye sweetie. I believe you can do it." The guard took Azet to the camp she was terrified, once again. "That's your tent." He pointed to the healers tent. "Go in there and meet the others." Azet slowly walked inside the tent and blankly started. Mom She repeated in her head. Azet wondered if she was ever going to see her mother again. Her blank expression stayed the same as she held on to her memories of her mother. Azet kept thinking not really being able to see strait. She wondered if she could make friends. Maybe. She thought. But it would be hard.

Nio

"... You'll be a planner. Say goodbye to you parents." He was happy but sad. Nio ran to his parents and they said their goodbyes. "I'm proud of you." They both told him. "Goodbye."

Nio arrived at the camp and headed to the planners tent. He sat there trying to think of a joke.

((Sorry for short post... With no special color or images... I can't do that right now.

user posted image

Somni peeked iniside the warrior's tent. Blinking a few times to adjust her vision she looked around. The tent seemed empty. After a few moments of investigating it she decided that she will stay outside. She looked towards the fire. All of the hatchlings there seemed to be talking to each other, and she guessed that it would be rude to interrupt them, so she just stayed where she was.

Her thoughts just started to drift away when a pinkish colored hatchling skidded in front of her feet. It made her jump to up, ready to run. But she looked at the hatchling again. He was laying in the dirt, saying something, and his words were somewhat muffled. He said that his name is Jong.

"Umm..." Somni muttered, unsure to what she would say. Instead, she shakily reached to the other hatchling, wanting to help him up, but she staggered and almost fell over him instead. "S-sorry." She sighed. "My name is Somni." she added quietly. What a great way to introduce yourself she thought. She wanted to say something else, but she couldn't think of anything, so she fell into silence, dropping her head.

user posted image

Jong pulled his face out of the dirt and sneezed the dust out of his nose, a plume of pink fire blooming out of his nostrils. Jumping at his own fire, he shook it off and turned to the other hatchling. What can I say? '... I'm a healer,' he chirped happily, 'what are you?'

user posted image

Somni jumped as the hatchling before her sneezed and shoot a little bit of pink fire oout of his nostrils. It's the same as when I shoot sperks when I sneeze, she thought. He says that he's a healer. Does that mean he is good at magic? The thoughts filled her head. She didn't know anything about magic, but it sounded really mysterious and interesting. After a short pause she realised that she should answer Jong's answer. "Oh, umm, I'm a warrior. Even though I don't know why I got choosen for that..." She said, wondering. She was again unsure what to say, so she looked around the camp once again, this time taking notice of the tents. There were six of them, and at the entrance of one of them (she couldn't remember which one was it) stood another hatchling, peeking inside. He had long claws which looked quite scary to Somni. She wondered why wasn't he going inside the tent. Maybe he was as confused as her. I doubt so, she thought. He looks far too scary to be as lost as me.

((well, yeah, Jass mentioned how her character Hitomo was ignored, so I thought I could mention him in the RP. Ignore that part if I wasn't supposed to biggrin.gif ))

user posted image

Strange scents filled the air, crisp and clear. A long line of dragons danced and stretched in front of the young hatchling until it almost seemed to dissapear completely out of sight.

The air whistled and howled all around her, snowflakes flickering and swirling all around her. She raised a paw and batted at the snow, feeling the satisfying crunch of matter as the air was filled with a powdery white substance.

She lifted her snout towards the sky, jaws agape in curiosity and wonder. A snowflake swivled down from the sky, landing on the bridge of her snout, inches away from her nostrils. She inhaled... and sneezed, blowing away a thick cloud of dust and snow from her face. She rubbed her snout with her paws gingerly, cross-eyed.

What was this place? Why did mum bring her here? What was her purpose in this place?

Frithra lay down, the rays of the morning sun warming her back, a warm feeling spreading through her chest. She sucked in a breath and sighed, eye-lids flickering with sleep.

Darkness crashed upon her like the coming of a black wave, terrible and ominous.

"Next!" A loud voice boomed, ringing in the young, delicate ears of the frilled dragon as her eyes snapped open.

Her mom crouched down, sliding the young'in off of her back and nudging her forward delicately. "Go on." She said in a soft voice.

Frithra stepped forward, sharp claws digging deep into the cold, harsh sting of the snow.

"Name?" The spitfire asked, peering down at her with a critical gaze.

"Frithra." The young hatchling replied in a small, timid voice, her tail curling about her as she gripped it in both paws.

The elder examined her carefully, taking note of the sharp, chipped claws of the young one. He swiveled his neck around, whispering and muttering something to the ring of elders behind him. Words passed between them. Sharp. Cutting. Teeth. They nodded as if in some aggreement, and the spitfire turned back to Frithra.

"You are a warrior. Guard will take you to camp."

A large hellfire dragon stood before her, gentle touching her with a fiery wing, careful not to scorch her delicate hide. "Come, young one. Your destiny awaits." He gently began to push her on, ever so closer to the cackling embers of the bonfire. The frilled dragon looked longingly back at her parents, eyes filled with salty tears as they mouthed the last parting words.

'Goodbye.'

Edited by XxDragonletxX

user posted image

"Hi... My na..name is Aqua. N..ice to meet you..."

Another dragon presence entered the tent, speaking to him and breaking his thoughts about how something was possibly wrong with him. Icarus raised his head up, blinking slowly as he matched the new dragons scent to their name.

So, now I'm...talking to Aqua? Where did they come from?

Gathering up his thoughts, Icarus opened his mouth and tried, again, to say something that wasn't completely on repeat.

"Nice to..m-meet you too...I'm Icarus.." Swallowing and flicking his tail on the ground, Icarus continued, desperately going through everything that has happened to him and figuring out what he could say.

"Do...do you k-know why we are h-here? S-someone told me that I-I was supposed to b-be a h-healer..."

(Sorry for the wait, I had some things that I had to do that took up my time.)

user posted image

Dante was taken off guard by Ju's question, but felt like it would be rude not to answer.

"Well, my parents are pretty great actually. M-my father was a great teacher. Before I left, he was teaching me how to be a good l-leader like him! Although, he can be a bit mean to mother...".

Dante walked over to the Hellhorse and sat next to her grinning as he stared at the fire.

"Speaking of morther," he continued, "she's an amazing person. So kind, gentle, and caring. I r-really miss her sometimes, even though she only left a few minutes ago".

Dante chuckled, turning to Ju, but only to see her laying on the ground.

"What about your parents Ju? What were they like?".

((Sorry for this short, bad, and prolonged post ;n; *Jumps into a well*))

Edited by LegendOfKorraFan

"Do...do you k-know why we are h-here? S-someone told me that I-I was supposed to b-be a h-healer..."

user posted image

Aqua looked into the Winter Magi's eyes. They looked misty, unfocused and almost peaceful to an extent. She waved her feet in front of Icarus and she was sure that he could feel the air moving but she wasn't so sure if he actually 'saw' it. Not sure what to say as she was afraid that she might offend him, she tried to answer his question.

"I'm not quite sure. I heard from the o...others that it was a camp, wh...what...whatever that means." she said quietly.

"Damn it, I messed up a bit again..." Aqua did try, but she seemed to stumble quite a lot. She really needed to hone her speech skill. She looked back to the Night Glory and the Nhiostrife who seemed to be enjoying their conversation. She turned back to Icarus and opened her mouth to speak.

"Icarus is a n..nice name. Your tail is very pretty. It's a g..glowing, shiny yellow." Aqua looked at Icarus's tail. It was dazzling and bright in her opinion. She was happy with her second sentence. She didn't trip up and that made her smile.

Edited by Drakonspite

user posted image

Frithra shivered violently, the crisp cold stinging air of the morning sun wrapping itself around her frigid, delicate body. Need to get warm... need warmth... She sat there, stuck in the snow as ice slowly began forming around her legs, making her even weaker and more prone to frostbite. If she didn't move soon, she'd probably freeze to death. Finding her strength, she trudged forward through the snow, taking long, shaky steps as she sought out the place for warmth.

Please... just any... warmth. Any little ounce of warmth... She looked upwards, the scent of burning wood, coal, and ash burning in her nose. A bonfire burnt and cackled up ahead, dancing and flickering in the light of the fresh morning sun. It clashed against the white of the snow, standing out like a claw on a thumb.

She edged closer and closer to it, feeling the warmth of the fire spreading over her scales and thawing her freezing legs. Silhouttes stood up against the bonefire, their shadows stretching over the snow terrain. Frithra crouched down in the snow, and let out a raspy breath. Who were they? What were they doing there?

More cautious than ever now, she edged forward, curiosity getting the best of her. Don't worry... it will be fine... look here, they might be freindly, who knows. Everything will be fine... just fine. Teeth clacking together from the sheer cold, Frithra slid silently down the small slope torwards the gathering hatchlings.

user posted image

Icarus jerked back when something moved in front of him, blinking rapidly.

What was that? What was it doing? What-

His train of thought was interrupted, however, when Aqua started to talk again.

"I'm not quite sure. I heard from the o...others that it was a camp, wh...what...whatever that means."

Icarus had no idea what this all was leading up to. A camp? Him being a healer? What was all of this for and why was he part of it?

"Icarus is a n..nice name. Your tail is very pretty. It's a g..glowing, shiny yellow."

Icarus lowered himself to the floor at the compliment, blinking slowly. He didn't know that his name was 'nice'. It was just something his father told him, and he had just done what his father told him to do.

And then there was the compliment to his tail. Instinctively curling the object close to his legs and grabbing it with his clawed hands, Icarus wondered what Aqua meant by it being 'glowing' and 'shiny yellow'. Were they adjectives of some sort? He didn't know; the way his tail felt to him was smooth and normal, not 'glowing' or 'shiny yellow'. He did open his mouth and try to answer in some way or another, however.

"T-thank you. I..um...j-just, thank you."

"T-thank you. I..um...j-just, thank you."

user posted image

Aqua didn't really know how to react to what Icarus just said. It didn't satisfy her curiosity on whether Icarus could see her or not, though his eyes still remained unfocused and Aqua was now pretty sure her assumption was correct.

Aqua didn't want to leave the hatchling though she had nothing to say. It was almost as if she was becoming a bit protective over Icarus. She had nothing to do and she was getting very cold from standing on the freezing ground.

Outside the tent was chatter and warmth. The white thing that she had heard others call 'snow' gave a satisfying crunching sound as dragons walked over it. She wanted to enjoy it. All of it, yet she could not leave Icarus. Deciding to stay with Icarus, she lay next to him so that they could feel each other's warmth but didn't touch him. She curled up and rested her head on the floor. She wasn't tired but felt like staying there.

"You're welcome." she whispered.

user posted image

Shade sat back and watched as a new hatchling introduced herself as aqua to Icarus. He felt odd just sitting there quietly and wasn't sure what to do. With a little hesitation, he headed to the tent entrance and sat just inside the door. He didn't want to go outside yet, there was too many people and that would make him uncomfortable.

From sitting to laying down, Shade sighed as he peeked out of the tent flap and looked at the group gathering. He kept losing track of counting, always missing one or a another one moving. Unsure about what would happen now they are gathered, Shade thought,

The Elders have gathered us all... but for what purpose? All I heard was a journey, but before that was the word 'training'. I've heard the hunters, the warriors, the gatherers, healers, and planners. If we really are training for something big like this, they should explain what purpose this is all for.

These thought made Shade uncomfortable. He never did much and wasn't the one to try new things. As for friends... his family was he only source of friends. In his local area, the other hatchlings stayed away.

The rumor of his birth rite had spread from his family.

(Should we start?)

The time is now: 12:02 PM

"H-Hello?" Rei spoke as he stumbled into the tent. His eyes were still ajusting to light of the tent. He walked forward on his fins. "Um.. hi!" He cheerfully squeaked, pulling himself in a sitting spot.

Clouda saw everyone walk around and chatting. She sat calmly, taking deep breaths. Her belly rumbled. She hadn't eaten since the morning. The sun was beating down on her but it was cold as a chilly wind swept through.

She stumbled to her feet and carefully made her way around the fire and in front of all tents. Clouda stuck her head in the first tent, the first aid tent. Her eyes widened as shes aw a small group of dragons preparing various items and liquids. Along with that, there were piles of all sizes filled with leaves. The herbs were dried or fresh.

The bitter smell wafted out to the pink hatchling. She wrinkled her nose but continued to walk along to the main tent.

(I will have to do more later since I am out of time)

((Yes,i believe we should start))

user posted image

Oblivion sat near the bonfire thinking about everything that has happened so far,it really annoyed him.

"Guess we will have to wait here till someone cares to come over and explain why we are here and what's happening"Oblivion sighed.

He looked at the two new dragon who joined them and was a little worried about that green sick looking dragon,he decided to see what was him and what was his rank.

"Hello,who are you?,and whats your rank?"He said nudging the sick dragon.

That dragon seemed rather odd,weak and unwelcoming,he wondered how the elders had chose him.

He looked both sides and didn't find Aqua.

"Well thats weird,she was beside me a second ago"He though uncomfortably.

Edited by Waltzer

(Wooo! Let's start biggrin.gif)

user posted image

Jong was trying to find something to say, but was thankful that he didn't have to, as a group of dragons began preparing the environment around them. Large brutish dragons carried swords and armour, and slender, beautiful ones prepared herbs and plants. Jong's face lit up as he was able to recognise almost all of them. Bright and exotic, the smell of them reminded him of home, as he remembered spending his time gathering and drying out desert herbs in the scorching sunlight.

He approached one of the dragons and asked quietly, 'Um ... hi ... What are you doing with those?'

(I'm not sure who'd answer that question ... if no one does, I will xd.png

Also, do the hatchlings have their armour now or do they get it later?)

((Ooh, we are finally starting? biggrin.gif ))

user posted image

Somni suddenly blinked when she realised that the pink colored hatchling is walking away from her. She guessed that she wandered away in her thoughts again and probably looked like she was ignoring him. How rude of me. She liked the presence of another hatchling, the feeling that she isn't alone.

Streching her shaky legs in front of herself she layed down, only to get up again after a few seconds. The white substance underneath her was cold and unpleasant, and it melted when she would touch it, creating a puddle of water. She scrached it with her claws; it was completely different than the sand. She tried to remember what it was called. She caught some of the talk from other hatchlings. "Snow", that's what they called it. It crunched when she would step on it, unlike the pleasant quiet rustle of hot desert ground. The coldness burned her skin, but it wasn't the like the burning of the hot sun she was used to; this was completely different and Somni didn't like it. She wondered if it will be this cold all the time. She already missed the feeling of hot sun rays petting her back and the warm wind carrying sand which swirled and danced in the air. Not that there wasn't any wind here; but this wind hit her in unmerciful gusts, carrying the cold snow which stung her eyes. She shivered and looked towards the big fire, wondering if she should go there. She didn't want to interrupt other hatchlings, but she didn't want to stay on the cold snow either. Finally, she slowly wandered towards it, only close enough to be inside the fire's glow. The coldness was still harsh, but at least there wasn't any snow as it melted from the fire's warmth. She carefully looked around; there were some large dragons in the clearing now, carrying things she didn't recognise. She didn't want to worry too much about it. Instead, she fixed her gaze onto the hatchlings, examining them. She hoped none of them would catch her staring.

((could someone interact with Somni? I don't really know who should I have her interact with unsure.gif ))